Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Upcoming Batman Solo Movie

View Poll Results: Permanent or not?
Joker has> Permanent face/hair/skin change 13 76.47%
Joker> applies makeup 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

SHH! Perma-acid Joker or just a guy who wears facepaint, lipstick, and dyes hair green?

Perma-acid Joker being that his face turns white, his hair green, and lips scarred/red from some chemical compound accident of sorts.

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Mr. Todd
Side-Kick

Default Re: Perma-acid Joker or just a guy who wears facepaint, lipstick, and dyes hair green

I think they should go for permawhite next time around, but I won't care that much even if they don't because we've already seen that the character can be amazing even without it.

Mr. Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #3
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Default Re: Perma-acid Joker or just a guy who wears facepaint, lipstick, and dyes hair green

Yeah, they've already gone the white makeup, hair-dye and scars look, that was Nolan's thing and really doesn't need repeated. We need a perma-white Joker, the way he was meant to be by his creators.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

I honestly think in the solo Batman film we will get origin flashback of the Red Hood meeting between them so perma-white for me...

Mandon Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Yeah, they've already gone the white makeup, hair-dye and scars look, that was Nolan's thing and really doesn't need repeated. We need a perma-white Joker, the way he was meant to be by his creators.
yeah! i also really want to see a flashback to the classic origin at Ace chemicals. It's so iconic.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
TheCardPlayer
Side-Kick

I'm too big of Nolan's Joker to vote anything else but the makeup.

TheCardPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #7
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCardPlayer View Post
I'm too big of Nolan's Joker to vote anything else but the makeup.
I understand, but, like I said, it's been done, so to speak, and it's not the iconic look for Joker, and it really doesn't need repeated. Otherwise, Nolan's Joker loses it's uniqueness and originality.
We need the Joker as represented in the books.
Any director/producer that goes the makeup route will be accused of copying Nolan, and rightly so.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
EssayM
Just A Guy

I say perma-white. Even forgetting Nolan's version, it just makes him more frightening if he's physically locked into his Joker persona, like he's almost not even human anymore. It makes him seem more like a force of nature than a human who can be reasoned with or fought.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #9
Travesty
TEOL

I prefer my Joker being stuck as a clown, instead of a regular guy who chooses to be a clown.

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:47 AM   #10
HAMMER
Side-Kick

Classic Joker please, with the Red Hood origin.

HAMMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I'd prefer to see a "Killing Joke"-origin story. Struggling comedian is forced to turn to crime but we never get his name, he dons the Red Hood, Batman thwarts their robbery, and in the process, said comedian does a swan-dive into a vat of chemicals-- permanently pigmenting his skin, deforming him, and altering the color of his hair in the process.

These new Batman films should not be afraid of having a mixture of fantasy and realism. The grittiness o "THE TOWN" or "HEAT" but the fantastical element of the comics as a good blend.