The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #26
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzel View Post

I kinda wished it looked like this
That manip itself already looks 1000 times better than what we're getting just in that picture.

Here are my thoughts on the suit:

I give the suit a 5.5, maybe a 6 out of 10.

They CW'd him a good bit, here's what needs fixed:

- Needs the white behind the logo instead of red, also the lightning bolts should be symmetrical instead of the bottom end being shorter than the top part.

- Needs the right ear pieces like how Ethan Van Sciver draws them as seen below:

- Needs the gold lightning trim on the forearm area of the costume and the waist/"belt" area.

- Although I'd love to see the gold boots, I know CW doesn't have the balls for that, so gold lightning trim on the top of The Flash's boots right where they meet below his knees would be ideal.

- Suit should look less busy, and that bigass belt buckle NEEDS to go.

- Make the "red" areas on the suit crimson/scarlet instead of burgundy.

Other than that the rest is fine. I really hope this suit is just the Mark 1 and we will see some big improvements in later episodes, there's definitely room for them. Oh and the chin strap doesn't bug me too much, I think it's stupid but I can take or leave it.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:07 AM   #27
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

But how will it affect the story in any way?

Last edited by Kane52630; 03-12-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 AM   #28
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
But how will it affect the story in any way?
Don't know....half these characters are visuals anyway. We've already got black-psychologist-step-sister-childhood-sweetheart Iris West taking care of affecting the story department for us...lol.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-12-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:16 AM   #29
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post

hmm...
This picture is not flattering. It basically looks like Flash is wearing a loosely fitted long sleeve shirt with gloves and leather pants with a clunky belt attaching the two. I don't like the two piece outfit look. I think he would've lookde better in a one piece suit.

This is embarrassing for DC. Feige is destroying us! I am a DC fanboy and I'm wishing I could be a Marvel zombie, but i can't help what I like. It sucks that DC characters are so frequently screwed up. Reynolds' Green Lantern costume looked bad, Palicki's Wonder Woman looked bad... now The Flash isn't looking too good either.

The writing on The Flash will be good, Arrow Season 2 is high quality. But the suit is a huge turn off...I expected something movie quality. Something that wouldn't look out of place alongside Cavill's Superman. I had unrealistic expectations.

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 03-12-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #30
RadioSha
Side-Kick

What's with that belt buckle?!

It's just v'd rectangle. Wut.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #31
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Well I think that looks cool, especially for CW.

Considering how their other costumes look (Arrow, Canary, Huntress, etc), I don't know why anyone would expect something on the level of Man of Steel.

Besides, it's also a set-photo. Remember TASM's set photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This is embarrassing for DC. Feige is destroying us!.
More embarrassing than Agents of SHIELD?

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-12-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:38 AM   #32
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Sam Claftin?

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 03-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #33
Neonzel
Side-Kick

Quote:
This picture is not flattering. It basically looks like Flash is wearing a loosely fitted long sleeve shirt with gloves and leather pants with a clunky belt attaching the two. I don't like the two piece outfit look. I think he would've lookde better in a one piece suit.

This is embarrassing for DC. Feige is destroying us! I am a DC fanboy and I'm wishing I could be a Marvel zombie, but i can't help what I like. It sucks that DC characters are so frequently screwed up. Reynolds' Green Lantern costume looked bad, Palicki's Wonder Woman looked bad... now The Flash isn't looking too good either.

The writing on The Flash will be good, Arrow Season 2 is high quality. But the suit is a huge turn off...I expected something movie quality. Something that wouldn't look out of place alongside Cavill's Superman. I had unrealistic expectations.
Who said he would be standing alongside Cavil's Superman?

Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 AM   #34
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

The dreamer in him

Old 03-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #35
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I suggested Dan Stevens before. Stevens is supposed to be badass in upcoming film The Guest.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #36
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Thumbs down Re: The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Sam Claftin?

A red version of the suit he's wearing would make a good Flash suit.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #37
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Hmmm... well, it's not quite what I was expecting but I think we do have to take into account that these suits do tend to look at least a little different on camera than they do in set photos. I'm not as crazy about it as I wanted to be; not sure that I like the loose-fitting "jacket" look or the belt. It does remind me a bit of the Daredevil costume, although I liked that suit, so that's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO.

The mask is by far the best part of the costume. I think they'll tweak it over time and we'll eventually get something more akin to Captain America's Avengers costume or the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit. However, it could certainly be a LOT worse (see: cancelled Justice League TV show suit).

At least it's a better look than that awful Quicksilver costume in X-Men: DOFP.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #38
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:

Fanboy overreaction much? Palicki and Gustin's costumes are on TV budget so that's kinda expected. Reynolds's was on poor CGI rendering. If his was practical like Cavill's then it definitely would have been better.

Quote:
And that can only be your fault.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #39
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Hmmm... well, it's not quite what I was expecting but I think we do have to take into account that these suits do tend to look at least a little different on camera than they do in set photos. I'm not as crazy about it as I wanted to be; not sure that I like the loose-fitting "jacket" look or the belt. It does remind me a bit of the Daredevil costume, although I liked that suit, so that's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO.

The mask is by far the best part of the costume. I think they'll tweak it over time and we'll eventually get something more akin to Captain America's Avengers costume or the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit. However, it could certainly be a LOT worse (see: cancelled Justice League TV show suit).

At least it's a better look than that awful Quicksilver costume in X-Men: DOFP.
It's funny how it features the zipper jacket thing like I predicted/ sarcastically said it would, and while it might not mean much, you're right, I agree, it's still much better than FOX's Quicksilver suit, lol.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #40
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzel View Post
Who said he would be standing alongside Cavil's Superman?
There's no way this abomination holds its own next to Cavill's suit.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #41
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
There's no way this abomination holds its own next to Cavill's suit.
I think it looks good but it's not as good as the MOS suit.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #42
CK_ALL_DAY
Side-Kick

Not going to judge the suit until I see some actual footage and not set pics.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #43
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I like the material they used for Hunger Games and Ender's Game...they should go that route for the suit IMO. Less leather more micro-fiber and poly-fabrics.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 03-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #44
Rorschach2012
$

I'm all for a new actor as Flash. Anyone but Gustin. Gustin makes a fine Barry Allen. But i don't want that cheap ass looking suit to be considered in the same universe as MOS.

The cheapness of the suit is a major turn off. I definitely don't want a united universe. A cheap tv version of Flash doesn't deserve to be in the same universe as MOS, it just wouldn't look right.

If this is the best costume they could pull off on their budget, then i don't look forward to seeing the running effects :/

Old 03-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #45
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Calm down, brah. Like totally harshing my mellow cause you're totally like freaking out at a suit meant for a television show. Sure it looks like a Flash-themed motorcycle suit, but that's how the CW rolls.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #46
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
It's funny how it features the zipper jacket thing like I predicted/ sarcastically said it would, and while it might not mean much, you're right, I agree, it's still much better than FOX's Quicksilver suit, lol.

I might have spoken too soon though. In a few months we might find out that Barry actually has crimson hair under that cowl.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #47
shauner111
Side-Kick

Why are you guys talking like it's going to be in the same universe as the movies?? Did i miss an announcement or rumor?

I doubt this will be connected. It better not be. CW plus a bad suit for Flash and an actor who is what? 21 years old? Yeahhh i dont think that's connected to Justice League.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #48
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Some people are far too obsessed with bright colours

Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #49
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Cause apparently it is.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #50
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

If they aren't connected than how come Grant Gustin had a cameo in Man of Steel?

Closed Thread