The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #76
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - Part 17

This movie man... they have serious confidence considering that date with Cap set to go before Thor 3 even. Between this and the unanimous praise online I couldn't be more psyched.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #77
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I wish BvS would move up by a week

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #78
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
This movie man... they have serious confidence considering that date with Cap set to go before Thor 3 even. Between this and the unanimous praise online I couldn't be more psyched.
Oh I know. First the directors confirmed to be back for a third before this even releases, then all these positive reactions, now this? Crazy news!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 03-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #79
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

If Cap 3 indeed has that date, then I think DC will back off if Cap 2 breaks $800m or so - maybe $1b. Maybe.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #80
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I really hope Marvel aren't going to rush the Russos on a sequel

Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #81
Pond
Side-Kick

By the way, they are going to air for the first time on free television Avengers AND the first 10 minutes of The Winter Soldier here in Spain. Is that startegy happening anywhere else? Thas quite a big chunk of movie.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #82
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I hope the Russo's don't rehash CA:TWS for Cap 3. They surprised me once, I hope they surprise me again!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #83
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
It's been rumoured that Batman vs Superman is being moved back to April 29th 2016. Doubt it's true though. Marvel is not moving, I think DC will move especially if they want their film to earn much money as possible and no way Cap 3 will underperform. Marvel can afford the loss here but I doubt any of their films will flop. Even if they were opening the same weekend, Cap 3 will make it's money back because it will have a smaller budget compared to BvsS. We'll see.
I haven't read any rumors about Warners budging.

If Captain America has the same growth as The Dark World and does 530mil I think Warners have the upper hand. But I think both films will hurt eachother if they come out on the same weekend. To be fair Marvel called the weekend before WB so WB staking out that date was just odd from the get go. I guess they are just trying to screw with Marvel. I loved both Captain America and Man of Steel so I'm not on any side.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-13-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #84
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I'm hoping that all the "oh we're currently banging out an outline with the screenwriters" is mostly just talk and they have a final or near-final script already to go.

I have no idea how Marvel can produce these movies in 1-2 years like this and still make quality product.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #85
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I haven't read any rumors about Warners budging.

If Captain America has the same growth as The Dark World and does 530mil I think Warners has the upper hand. But I think both films will hurt eachother if they come out on the same weekend.
With the buzz the film has been getting, it's gonna make a lot of money. Regardless, I think both films should stay clear of each other. At the end of the day I don't believe they'll release on the same weekend. Time Warner and Disney both have fiduciary duties they owe to their stockholders. Intentionally releasing a tent pole film when they know they're seriously hindering their earning potential is bad business and the shareholders for both corporations should throw a **** fit if this actually happens.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #86
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I'm hoping that all the "oh we're currently banging out an outline with the screenwriters" is mostly just talk and they have a final or near-final script already to go.

I have no idea how Marvel can produce these movies in 1-2 years like this and still make quality product.
A good amount of franchises can do it, like the Bond movies. These things are formulaic, but it is amazing how they churn out good quality in a 1-2 year period.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #87
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post

I am happy!!!! I don't think they're rushing the Russos. They seem to be going right to work, so they have time! Plus, Cap has had same writing team sinc TFA. I think this is MORE than doable!

Let the creative team in place (that looks to have produced a masterpiece) work their magic 2016...let them tinker with Thor 3 longer!

Super stoked if true!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, likely they move to April, LOL! I don't see BvS moving.

Quote:
If Cap 3 indeed has that date, then I think DC will back off if Cap 2 breaks $800m or so - maybe $1b. Maybe.
I hope so! But I don't see BvS moving. I see Cap 3 in Arpil if TWS does well.

Quote:
I think it is a good move! Let them take longer to find the creative team for Thor 3, and let the Russos go to work!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #88
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

Different creative teams on these movies, remember. So, it isn't the same people doing everything. Also, Raimi made SM2 in 2 years, and SM3 in 3 years. Which was better? You don't NEED 3 years to make a good sequel if you have the right people. If they were switching creative people, I'd say do it in 3 years. But, Russos are coming back. Same writers. 2 years is doable.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #89
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
I really hope Marvel aren't going to rush the Russos on a sequel
For once I'm not really worried about that, since the Russos are already planning Cap 3 with writers Markus and McFeely and aren't complaining about time constraints like Favs did, but we'll see. The main thing is cracking the arc for Cap - which I like Evans' suggestion of him making a big mistake, and maybe seeing the repercussions for that & how he deals with it.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #90
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Hangover 3 and Fast 6 were released during the same weekend last year and everyone thought Hangover would move and it didn't.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #91
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I don't like the idea of Cap going up against Batman-Superman. That's... probably not going to turn out so well for Cap.

It's a big, bold, crazy move, but I would really only see the Avengers going up against any sort of mash-up like what DC is planning on doing.

It'll be interesting, though, to see what would come out of a match-up like that.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #92
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

This release date is a calculated move by Marvel. It just gets more people on forums talking about Captain America right before TWS is released I wouldn't be surprised if they moved the release date even if TWS is a huge hit.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #93
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
For once I'm not really worried about that, since the Russos are already planning Cap 3 with writers Markus and McFeely and aren't complaining about time constraints like Favs did, but we'll see. The main thing is cracking the arc for Cap - which I like Evans' suggestion of him making a big mistake, and maybe seeing the repercussions for that & how he deals with it.
I think that'd make an excellent movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Hangover 3 and Fast 6 were released during the same weekend last year and everyone thought Hangover would move and it didn't.
I think it is 1 big game of chicken. I don't think they actually will open at same time. 1 is going to move. My guess is Cap if April is kind.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #94
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Also kudos to Marvel for being so confident.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #95
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Is the clip we're getting tonight the English version of that German clip?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #96
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Is the clip we're getting tonight the English version of that German clip?
Wouldn't surprise me if it were.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #97
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if it were.

Hmph.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #98
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Will the live stream of the premier be recorded? I wont be able to watch it right when it airs, but id love to check it out later

Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #99
dopemaster
Side-Kick

Anyone know anything about where to go to get early screening tickets in your select city tomorrow morning? Or when they are releasing the link?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #100
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopemaster View Post
Anyone know anything about where to go to get early screening tickets in your select city tomorrow morning? Or when they are releasing the link?
Yeah...what he said. I didn't know about this, LOL!

Closed Thread