The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #101
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think that'd make an excellent movie

I think it is 1 big game of chicken. I don't think they actually will open at same time. 1 is going to move. My guess is Cap if April is kind.
Watching Cap's Box office is going to be twice as interesting now.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #102
T"Challa
Side-Kick

If CA:TWS makes a ton of money, i honestly doubt Marvel will keep that May 1st date instead of just moving it up to that April date. It just makes the most business sense.

Either way, if Marvel sticks to their guns, Feige will be hailed as a complete genius or an utter moron following that weekend. Nothing in between..lol

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #103
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Watching Cap's Box office is going to be twice as interesting now.
Big time! I'm doubting Marvel can scare BvS out of that spot. Unless it somehow makes IM3 money, and that isn't going to happen. I think TDW or MoS type money is a major win for TWS if it can! But, I know both Marvel and WB are paying very close attention.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #104
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It's ironic isn't it? At the "present moment", the TWO biggest American Icons from the 40's, via Comic Books, are set to collide against each other in the box office.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #105
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Will the live stream of the premier be recorded? I wont be able to watch it right when it airs, but id love to check it out later
Marvel has saved the red carpet premieres of Avengers & Iron Man 3 on their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MARVEL/...ew=2&flow=list and they still have the premiere for Thor:TDW that was streamed via yahoo up on their site: http://marvel.com/thortdwlive So I imagine the premiere for this movie will still be available for viewing afterward as well.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 03-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #106
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Big time! I'm doubting Marvel can scare BvS out of that spot. Unless it somehow makes IM3 money, and that isn't going to happen. I think TDW or MoS type money is a major win for TWS if it can! But, I know both Marvel and WB are paying very close attention.
Yeah Captain America is just going to have to have some super impressive growth from the first film in order for WB to move their mini Avengers event away from that slot. 500-550mil ain't gonna cut it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #107
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
There's a rumor from a Brazilian site that says from a source close to WB that the release date of BvS will be moved up a week.

There's an open spot on July 22nd 2016. I could see BvS moving there to capitalize on the summer.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #108
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Very gutsy for Marvel to put Cap 3 against Batman vs Superman, but they claimed that date first so they have no reason to step aside and let Warner Bros. have it all to themselves. Cap 3 will have the momentum generated from TWS and AOU by then, and I think it will be an event film like BvS is. I think it will be close in the OW, and while I think BvS will edge out Cap 3 I believe the Russo Bros. will make Cap 3 a better film, and that will play a factor in determining the kind of legs it will have.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #109
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Very gutsy for Marvel to put Cap 3 against Batman vs Superman, but they claimed that date first so they have no reason to step aside and let Warner Bros. have it all to themselves. Cap 3 will have the momentum generated from TWS and AOU by then, and I think it will be an event film like BvS is. I think it will be close in the OW, and while I think BvS will edge out Cap 3 I believe the Russo Bros. will make Cap 3 a better film, and that will play a factor in determining the kind of legs it will have.
THR says that Studio insiders don't expect a head to head showdown on the same week.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #110
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I really don't think Marvel's going to move. Marvel announced they were going to release something on that date first, and when DC pushed back Batman vs. Superman to that date, they knew exactly what they were doing.

I think Marvel should stick to their guns, they got there first. Plus, I'm sure the suits at WB are going to be sweating bullets after Winter Soldier opens huge. They'll definitely get cold feet and push their date back. This is gonna be very interesting indeed. If Cap 2 out performs both Thor 2 and MOS, it could be very problematic for DC.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #111
marcvader
Lurker #1

This will only make Marvel and the Russos to step up their game even higher if that's even possible from what the early word is on TWS.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #112
Dr. Evil
Gamora

From THR:

Quote:
Warners may have been waiting to see what the Marvel title was before considering a date change for Batman-Superman, if the studio indeed blinks. There are still weekends available that summer, including the first two after Captain America 3 and Batman-Superman are set to open. Zack Snyder begins shooting Batman-Superman in the coming weeks.

Veteran box office observers doubt that the two films will ultimately open opposite each other.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...erica-3-688384

Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #113
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Read this on CBM...

Quote:
Kevin Feige: "Lord Master Superman vs Batman has been delayed to May 2016. Captain America 3 will be released the same month. To challenge them is to court....death."

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #114
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Considering I was meh towards both man of steel and Thor the dark world before anyone gets cocky here DC has

Batman the billion dollor character
Is following up man of steel which outgrossed thor the dark world domesticly
and did about the same overseas
Has the epic of for first time ever Superman and Batman In same film together
has wonder woman In film for first time ever and first live action appearance since the 1970's inless you want to count the shelved pilot that never saw the light of day

The trailers for winter soldier have been looking great.The first review and twitter reaction have been postive but let's not get too cocky.And if these people on twitter were raving about iron man 3 and Dark world like this it makes me question them.If it really Is MS equilvent of The Dark Knight then It should be something.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #115
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Considering I was meh towards both man of steel and Thor the dark world before anyone gets cocky here DC has

has wonder woman In film for first time ever and first live action appearance since the 1970's inless you want to count the shelved pilot that never saw the light of day

The trailers for winter soldier have been looking great.The first review and twitter reaction have been postive but let's not get too cocky.And if these people on twitter were raving about iron man 3 and Dark world like this it makes me question them.If it really Is MS equilvent of The Dark Knight then It should be something.
I don't think anyone is saying they think Cap 3 would out-gross BvS. Because thats crazy. I just people are starting to have more confidence in it because the 2nd movie looks to be a hit.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #116
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

I'm leery about seriously making super bold predictions for Cap 2 as well. I remember the Twitter reaction to Thor being good as well (I'm not sure how good) and I remember the proclamations that it was going to make 800-1bil as well.

I just don't want to jump into that hype machine again. If it hits those numbers great but The Dark World has put me off of predicting those kinds of numbers for a Marvel film Iron Man isn't prominently featured in.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #117
Dr. Evil
Gamora

It's two years away, not really concerned by the two films going against each other.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #118
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
I'm leery about seriously making super bold predictions for Cap 2 as well. I remember the Twitter reaction to Thor being good as well (I'm not sure how good) and I remember the proclamations that it was going to make 800-1bil as well.

I just don't want to jump into that hype machine again. If it hits those numbers great but The Dark World has put me off of predicting those kinds of numbers for a Marvel film Iron Man isn't prominently featured in.
TWS feels like a much different situation. The Russos have already been signed for Cap 3 and the writers have been put to work on the script. It screams confidence, which wasn't the case when TDW came out.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #119
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:

But you have to admit this looks and feels different than what was coming out of TDW.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #120
Destined
BOSS

One of them will flinch no doubt. A same weekend showdown is unnecessary to say the least.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #121
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:

Not saying that TWS is TDK but someone who get to see it in advance screening did compare TWS to TDK on Twitter, but we won't know until it is released.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant move if Marvel has Cap 3 to face off against Batman vs Superman. Yes, BvS will be the first time these two iconic characters on the big screen together, and they even thrown in Wonder Woman. But Marvel's risk is smaller since it is just Captain America, but if the movie (which will be following TWS and AOU) managed to defy expectation and actually competitive against BvS, then it will be troubling for Warner Bros. since they pretty much put all the eggs in the same basket, and they need it to not just succeed but generate a reception that Avengers received. If Cap 3 somehow affected their box office in any way, it will make people question their tactic.

However, I do think that BvS will eventually move up or down the May 6th date, since I doubt Warner Bros. really want to take a chance with his head-to-head matchup.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #122
SharpTeeth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopemaster View Post
Anyone know anything about where to go to get early screening tickets in your select city tomorrow morning? Or when they are releasing the link?
Seriously, though, I have the same question.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #123
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I bet Marvel is expecting Cap 3 to be a really big grosser coming off of the momentum of Cap 2 and A2.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #124
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
By the way, they are going to air for the first time on free television Avengers AND the first 10 minutes of The Winter Soldier here in Spain. Is that startegy happening anywhere else? Thas quite a big chunk of movie.
That's very awesome.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #125
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpTeeth View Post
Seriously, though, I have the same question.
Are you referring to the ones that were unlocked by fans?

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Closed Thread