The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #26
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Who should take over after Webb is done?

It was definitely interesting to look at, but some of those picks made me scratch my head.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #27
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Matthew Vaughn was the best on that list

Old 03-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #28
Zantera
Side-Kick

Duncan Jones is amazing. However, I feel like he will probably be caught up with Warcraft for the next 10 years or so, and I doubt he would have the time to juggle that with Spider-Man at the same time.

Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #29
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Matthew Vaughn was the best on that list
Agreed.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #30
Picard Sisko

Maybe Tommy Wiseau could direct The Amazing Spider-Man 4. He could say, "Oh hai, Marc! What a story you have there! My turn!"

Then the movie will fail and he will say, "you are tearing me apart, Spider-Man!"

Old 03-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #31
PaulRom
Side-Kick

Chris Miller and Phil Lord would do a bang-up job with a Spider-Man film. I can see Sony considering them, especially after the success of the studio's 21 Jump Street. I'd also be down with Vaughn, Favreau, Goddard, and Bird. Abrams would be amazing, but I don't see that happening.

PaulRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #32
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Maybe Tommy Wiseau could direct The Amazing Spider-Man 4. He could say, "Oh hai, Marc! What a story you have there! My turn!"

Then the movie will fail and he will say, "you are tearing me apart, Spider-Man!"

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - ****
2. Spider-Man 2 - ****
3. The Amazing Spider-Man - ***
4. Spider-Man - ***
5. Spider-Man 3 - **
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #33
Morbius
Living Vampire

Joss Whedon comes to mind - I'm sure that's been thrown around a lot on the forums and it might not be that much of a landmark idea, but it's certainly the most exciting for me to think about - he brought the Avengers to the big screen and it didn't suck!

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #34
Lord
All Mighty

After The Avengers i'm a little disapointed by Joss Whedon as a director, but if he can go back to the comic booky ways of the Sam Raimi Trilogy then i'm open for him giving his take on Spider-Man

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:38 AM   #35
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

That's ironic considering Avengers is such a perfect translation from comic to movies that Raimi's Spider-man series seems like a spoof by comparison.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #36
Lord
All Mighty

I know, but i prefer Sam Raimi's style better. I found something missing in The Avengers, the characters were well handled, the action was relativelly big, but for some reason i found it a little hollow in a way, and i blame Joss Whedon's directing for it, had the same problem with Serenity.

I'm quite sure that he can improve though, that's why i said that i would be open to seeing his take on Spider-Man, as he's probably one of the few directors who would be able to go back to the 60s tone of the Character like Sam Raimi did before, i'm even more open to the idea.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #37
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I know, but i prefer Sam Raimi's style better. I found something missing in The Avengers, the characters were well handled, the action was relativelly big, but for some reason i found it a little hollow in a way, and i blame Joss Whedon's directing for it, had the same problem with Serenity.

I'm quite sure that he can improve though, that's why i said that i would be open to seeing his take on Spider-Man, as he's probably one of the few directors who would be able to go back to the 60s tone of the Character like Sam Raimi did before, i'm even more open to the idea.
It would be inconsistant. They have already started this more grounded yet comic book faithful version and there isn't a desire to return to Raimi's tone.

Brad Bird is my pick.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:10 AM   #38
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Fair enough! I don't think Raimi could have done better though - perhaps he reached his peak with Spiderman 2, but his later work is just very lackluster, ie Oz, The Great and the Powerful.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:31 AM   #39
Lord
All Mighty

Agreed, Sam Raimi is one of my favorite Directors, but Oz was very disapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
It would be inconsistant. They have already started this more grounded yet comic book faithful version and there isn't a desire to return to Raimi's tone.

Brad Bird is my pick.
What would be inconsistent? They've already started to make the next film more light hearted from what it seems. You wouldn't need to make it as cheesy as Sam Raimi did, but you can still capture the same kind of tone. Hell, The Avengers was very very light hearted compared to Iron Man

Old 03-25-2014, 03:47 AM   #40
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Agreed, Sam Raimi is one of my favorite Directors
Same - I think I must have watched Evil Dead 2 about 20 times - it is pure genius

Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #41
zipzip
Side-Kick

I think Phil Lord and Chris Miller would work really well with Spider-man.

zipzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #42
Picard Sisko

Quote:

I also feel that the Avengers was a little hollow. I thought the movie was really entertaining and very action packed, but I had little to no care for any of the characters.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #43
horrorwriter
Bad Moon Books

Micheal Bay...

Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #44
horrorwriter
Bad Moon Books

just kidding...

Old 03-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #45
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Joss Whedon won't do Spider-Man, guys. After Avengers 3, I don't see him returning to this genre for a long while. He'll do stuff that he wants to do and are more personal to him thanks to the fame Avengers has brought him. I can say the same for several choices in this thread. Likely, the next Spidey director won't have done a comic film prior. Someone like Duncan Jones could be possible for that reason, but someone like Matthew Vaughn is unrealistic.

As for Webb's tone being more comic faithful than Raimi's, that isn't true and it isn't false. Raimi was more faithful to older Spider-Man comics, Webb is more faithful to more recent comics. It's just a matter of which version you prefer, not which has been more accurate.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #46
Picard Sisko

I think Orci and Kurtzman will continue with some of the spin-offs (e.g. Venom), and Drew Goddard will take charge of the "ensemble" movies (e.g. Sinister Six). As for the main Spider-Man entries, that is hard. It will probably be someone new to CBMs as you guys suggested.

I think the only way to make this work is to have separate teams working on different types of movies. For instance, with the MCU, Joss Whedon focuses on the Avengers movies while other filmmakers take care of the standalone movies. With the Spider-man Cinematic Universe, they can find a director to stick around for the Spider-Man films, but other directors take care of spin-offs in between. It's the only way they can release a movie each year.

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 03-29-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #47
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I'd be open to Edgar Wright.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #48
Captain Croatia
Side-Kick

Phil Lord and Chris Miller or Alfonso Cuaron.

Captain Croatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #49
Picard Sisko

If JJ Abrams wasn't stuck with Star Wars then I'd love to see his take on Spider-Man. Maybe if he directed Spider-Man 2099 that would be cool.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #50
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I do like the idea of the "Lego Movie" guys tackling "Spider-Man 4." Brad Bird I always felt, after "The Incredibles", would've been the perfect guy to helm a "Fantastic Four" film but alas....

Matt Reeves would be an interesting choice seeing as his name hasn't been brought up yet. Another guy I like is Rian Johnson (director of "Looper" which was his last film he made). Nicholas Refn would also be an interesting choice though I feel he would be more suited for a "Punisher" film.

Joe Cornish would be a fun choice. He directed "Attack the Block."