The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #51
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Nerdist is saying the film may already be scrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
If the Hollywood trades or sites like Entertainment Weekly aren't talking about it, it's BS. Plain and simple.
Doesn't sound like BS to me. It sounds like at least two directors were approached to take over the film and those directors said no. Those directors were Bleeding Cool's sources. Why would Fox not deny that? I'm sure Trank would be none to happy to hear that if they were doing this behind his back.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #52
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
If the Hollywood trades or sites like Entertainment Weekly aren't talking about it, it's BS. Plain and simple.
EW wouldn't give a crap about this, story, nor would they care to cover it. EW rarely reports on anything that's pre-production.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #53
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miken Ayers View Post
That's just so they make it extra good. :P

Old 03-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #54
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Please sell the rights to Disney.

Pretty please.

Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Skrulls, FF, Galactus all belong in MCU.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #55
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
EW wouldn't give a crap about this, story, nor would they care to cover it.
Even if EW didn't report on it, the Trades would. The fact that they're not tells me it's BS.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #56
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

The trades need a concrete source.

Maybe bleeding cool has a source the trades are unaware of.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #57
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

If it wasn't total BS, the trades would've said something about it by now, even if it was just to debunk it.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 03-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #58
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
If it wasn't total BS, the trades would've said something about it by now, even if it was just to debunk it.
They wouldn't report on it, because no one cares about this project, which is likely why Fox is trying to dump it. This will either be a huge tax write off for them, or it will be sold back to Disney.

It may be for financially viable for them to sabotage the project and take the tax write off.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #59
fangz
Side-Kick

why would Disney even pay money right now?

If this is true, even just switching out directors at this point, it seems pretty unlikely that Fox is gonna go forward with it, right?

it seems almost negligent, considering all the circumstances for them to go make this movie. it's been problematic up to this point, disagreements about the script, the last two movies underperformed and I bet this one isn't testing very rabidly...seriously, no one is clamoring for this movie to be made. you've got one lead actor at least whose main motivation for being in the film was the director you just fired. $100 million isn't really enough to make a decent looking FF film. and also FF needs a promotional budget to possibly have any chance of hitting with people. and the whole thing would be rushed by necessity.

so you can either pour money in that, or you can walk away. and hindsight is not gonna see whoever okays that very favorably if it underperforms at all.

it looks more and more like it's not a good idea for Fox to make this movie. just objectively and rationally, however much i'd love it see it go back to Marvel. I don't even think Disney needs to pay them anything. Fox isn't gonna make a $100 million movie just for spite and ill will, right?
i really don't think they base decisions like that on spite.

why hold onto this property? X-Men sure doesn't need FF. in fact, there's good arguments that FF in some ways weakens the X-Men universe, just from the existence of other types of super powered people, in general.

the FF property just doesn't seem that valuable to Fox, Fox doesn't hate Marvel or Disney, there's no such thing when it comes to $100 million. you don't hate anybody, you do what's right for you.

wow, this could really happen.

fangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #60
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Sites aren't talking about it because:

1. There's no way to prove that Fox was seeking to drop Trank, the writer, and potentially the cast.

and

2. Even if they were looking, its just that: looking. They haven't done anything yet, so there is really nothing to report.

And lets be honest, sites like Variety, THR, EW, and TheWrap do NOT report rumor.

Only fact.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #61
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Many writers from these trades, albeit independently, went on record to debunk this.

However, they were just going off of Fox's denial.

So the "debunking" doesn't hold much weight.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #62
Miken Ayers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Many writers from these trades, albeit independently, went on record to debunk this.

However, they were just going off of Fox's denial.

So the "debunking" doesn't hold much weight.
Also studios will deny something up to the very second it's time to announce it. Provided they don't just let it die a quiet death.

Miken Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #63
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Well if they are starting over I have a few FF scripts they can use - Mad Thinker, Frightful Four, Mole Man & Diablo - take your pick!

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #64
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
They wouldn't report on it, because no one cares about this project, which is likely why Fox is trying to dump it. This will either be a huge tax write off for them, or it will be sold back to Disney.

It may be for financially viable for them to sabotage the project and take the tax write off.
The trades report on news; that's what their job is. Even if you believe that no-one cares about this movie, FOX scrapping production on it would qualify as news, so the fact that the trades haven't even mentioned it tells me that it's not newsworthy, which means it's complete BS.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #65
Six
Six Six Six

Quote:
The trades report on news; that's what their job is. Even if you believe that no-one cares about this movie, FOX scrapping production on it would qualify as news, so the fact that the trades haven't even mentioned it tells me that it's not newsworthy, which means it's complete BS.
No, it just means nothing is official yet.

Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #66
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

The trades have broken numerous news stories in the past, so I stand by what I said. Because the trades have not even so much as mentioned this supposed abandonment of the project, there's absolutely nothing to it whatsoever; IOW, it's total BS.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #67
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

If it was total BS, why did Fox respond?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #68
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If it was total BS, why did Fox respond?

because a lot of really stupid people believed the rumors?

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #69
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
I can't think of many big studios that respond to pure rumors.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #70
Miken Ayers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
I didn't believe crap. I just shared the rumor and openly hoped it was true while also rationalizing why it might be. Chances are it IS total BS, but while in have the maybe to play with, I'll share the moment with people like me that have our heads in the clouds.

Miken Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #71
Six
Six Six Six

How are people stupid for sharing an article that reaffirms their suspicions on this movie? This movie has spent 5 years already in development hell, and delayed, what, 7 times? I'd say anyone who believes the production to be going fine and dandy is naive.

Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #72
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I can't think of many big studios that respond to pure rumors.
That's because most rumors don't gain that kind of traction. No studio responds to Cosmic Book News or Comic Book Movie rumors, because none of the credible film reporters and bloggers take them seriously. So none of those reporters and bloggers place calls to the studios to get a response regarding them. For whatever reason (perhaps because Bleeding Cool has been occasionally right in the past), Variety, The Wrap, Collider, Slashfilm, Screen Crush, Badass Digest etc. thought this rumor was big enough to ask about, and called Fox about it. And it was denied.

If it really was truly BS, what would you have Fox do in response to 10 calls from major online film publications asking the same thing about their next big project?

I can only imagine what it would be like here if they said "no comment" or "we're not at liberty to discuss this."

Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 03-17-2014 at 11:17 PM.
TheOneWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:22 AM   #73
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i REALLY hope this rumor is true

GREEN =w= DAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #74
FVD
Jolly Loves You

I bloody HOPE this rumour is true too!! Please Fox, sell the rights back to Marvel. I really don't care if you keep the X-Men to be perfectly honest as much as I don't mind the Garfield Spider-Man franchise either. I'm sorta liking how Sony is looking to expand their universe which I do think is pretty smart on their part but F4 has to be let loose. The MCU is sorely hurting without the F4's involvement and the likes of Galactus and Norrin Radd would greatly benefit within the GotG universe too as we all would know. Heck I do hope someday that Disney and Sony will allow their properties to crossover, Fox too actually but I'd just be afraid that Hugh Jackman's Wolverine may overshadow the Avengers - not if Robert Downey, Jr. has anything to do with it though lol!

Old 03-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #75
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
I bloody HOPE this rumour is true too!! Please Fox, sell the rights back to Marvel. I really don't care if you keep the X-Men to be perfectly honest as much as I don't mind the Garfield Spider-Man franchise either. I'm sorta liking how Sony is looking to expand their universe which I do think is pretty smart on their part but F4 has to be let loose. The MCU is sorely hurting without the F4's involvement and the likes of Galactus and Norrin Radd would greatly benefit within the GotG universe too as we all would know. Heck I do hope someday that Disney and Sony will allow their properties to crossover, Fox too actually but I'd just be afraid that Hugh Jackman's Wolverine may overshadow the Avengers - not if Robert Downey, Jr. has anything to do with it though lol!
No they're not.. GotG will make the $600+ mill with or without SS or the big G.. Just good ol marketing and promotion will do.. Only ones hurt are the FF fans and next June Fox's stock profile from the enormous flop at their wake..

Don't hold your breath for that crossover..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote