The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America Sequels

Old 04-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #26
samsnee
Side-Kick

Default Re: How can they keep Cap 3 fresh?

I'm fine with Red Skull not being brought back.

Evans has said as much in interviews, but it would be nice to see Cap stay steadfast to his beliefs, but in the end, be proven that it doesn't always work out the way he thought it would like it did in TWS.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #27
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
She's an anarchist. She revels in destruction, particularly in maiming innocents. She's the only one of captain Americas rogues I can think of that's as cruel as the red skull
Which is appropriate considering that she's his daughter. Actually, she's WORSE than Red Skull. At least he usually has a somewhat logical goal (even if it is horrifyingly evil). Sin just does random horrible stuff because she's a sadist and a psychopath.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #28
Silvermoth
Avenger

That's very true

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #29
Ryu_do_Sen
Side-Kick

It would be great if they did a continuation - I don't know if there is a continuation, so i'm assuming it doesn't exist - of the mini-series comics Captain America: Steve Rogers - Super Soldier by Brubaker. That would tie in nicely TWS as the first guinea pig of an super-serum, based upon Rogers blood, that was created by erskine's son and sold to some evil guy (possibly Zemo) who is thinkin' of creating an army of super soldiers......And another thing, I think the writers, the russos and Marvel already know what is goin' to happen in Cap 3 because, otherwise, they, in such short notice, would not have pinned it against BatvsSuperman.....All I'm sayin' is that they know that this will be a great movie, possibly even better than Cap 2.....

Ryu_do_Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #30
Ryu_do_Sen
Side-Kick

Another possibility is the civil war arc...And that would able to go toe to toe with batvssuperm.....I guess things will become clearer once avengers: age of ultron comes out...Feige and the writers have said that we see an evolution of cap's character in that movie....Again, i guess they have the sequel pretty much figured out.....Oh and the other major argument for my point that they have Cap 3 story all mapped out is that they only have two years to do this movie. I know they've been sayin' that they are still breakin' story....But I think that's little time to put a movie that's goin' up against the monster of all box office: bat vs superman...

Ryu_do_Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #31
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How can they keep Cap 3 fresh?
Werewolves.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #32
Travelhc

I think they will have Cap (Evans) die and do the Bucky takes over for Cap storyline. Did anyone notice at the end of Winter Soldier when Sharon Carter is at the CIA shooting range? The 3 kill shots reminded me of how she"killed" Cap.

With Evans' 6 picture deal, that would have him in Cap 1, Avengers 1, Cap 2, Avengers 2, Cap 3 with one film left. Bucky could be Cap in Avengers 3 with a post-credit hinting of Steve Rogers returning...then Cap 4 is Captain America Reborn (Evans 6th film).

Travelhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #33
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Avengers 3 is Evans' last film.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #34
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
As far as we know right now. Sometimes $$$ changes peoples minds. It could always turn in to single picture deals.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #35
Travelhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Unless it's Bucky as Cap in Avengers #3

Travelhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #36
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Werewolves.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #37
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

All the minor bad guys from Cap 2 get full costumed upgrades like Crossbones and Arnim Zola (robotic body).

Then you could have Baron Von Stucker use the mind gem to sway the masses.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #38
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #39
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Cap 2 is going to be really good and a new way of doing a superhero movie, but how can they keep Cap 3 from feeling like a retread of Cap 2 in terms of tone? The cool thing about Cap 2 is that it's a conspiracy political thriller, i don't think they can go with that angle again in Cap 3 without it feeling like a retread.
A retread means having Zola be revealed to be alive, or that HYDRA (or some other sinister cabal) has infiltrated another institution that the heroes had trusted.

A similar tone isn't a retread. In fact, tonal consistency is important.

It can be a fresh while still being a political thriller by having new concepts, new themes, new characters and established characters going new places.

For plot, I'd like to see something like:

Two years later, the search for Bucky has not been successful. Sam and Stevehave winded down and perhaps busy themselves with something else, but still keep their ear to the ground. Then they get a tip off from Fury that leads them on their next search.

Sharon is working for the CIA. While interrogating a captive (who works for HYDRA, or terrorist group of Marvel's fancy), she learns that there's an impending assassination targeting a foreign head of state who is about to broker an agreement with the US government that could usher in an era of global peace.

The foreign head of state in question? King T'Chaka of Wakanda.

The movie offers a good helping of details about Wakanda as a setup for Black Panther, but the crown prince is only alluded to and never appears.

The CIA believes Winter Soldier is the one going to strike, while Sharon suspects someone else. She is overruled and told to hunt the Winter Soldier, she opts to follow her own leads which brings her in contact with Sam and Steve.

Crossbones is back, and is the one orchestrating the assassination.

The one giving him orders? Ophelia Sarkissian. Who is a HYDRA boss, or perhaps a corporate villain of some stripe.

Also, Batroc is hopefully there somewhere as a kind of Steve's frenemy.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:18 PM   #40
seishin87
Side-Kick

^^ An idea like that is not bad at all. I could see something like that working as a plot although I'd probably raise the stakes a bit more. I see where the whole keeping Cap3 fresh and tonally different perspective comes from and understand about there being some tonal consistency. While I guess a part of me wouldn't mind if they went with another political/spy thriller based plot, I also would like to see them have variation with the core tone of each film, TFA is a period WW2 action/adventure film while TWS is contemporary political/spy thriller(with shades of 70's conspiracy flick) and action/adventure film.

I still am hoping to see them use The Bloodstone Hunt as a source of inspiration and give us a contemporary Indiana Jones/James Bond style globetrotting MacGuffin hunt at some point. Maybe not Cap3 because the writers did say they plan to continue the threads from TWS. There's still whatever happens in AoU which will set the stage for Cap3. Although a callback to the first film probably wouldn't be considered "fresh", I'd love to see them use the original intended opening for TWS, with a flashback action scene with Howling Commandos in WW2(which would be fresh if they have some Howler guest stars on Agent Carter) as the opening scene of Cap3.

It would be nice to actually see more of Cap and Bucky fighting alongside each other back in the day, perhaps as foreshadowing for later in the film in present times? Then next we could see Cap and Falcon present day tackling a seemingly unrelated threat, perhaps the Flagsmasher/ULTIMATUM skyjacking from Cap321 not unlike how they lifted the Batroc opening in TWS from the time he and Hyde hijacked the Roxxon tanker. Perhaps they could reveal that AIM was the one supplying ULTIMATUM with it's weapons and have the goon that Sharon and the CIA are interrogating be an AIM operative/representative but just so happens AIM is also a under US military contract via the current Secretary of Defense. The meat of the plot can take it's cues from Red Menace and Red Zone. From Red Menace they could do a reversal of the whole Sin/Crossbones abduction with Sin being the one to spring Crossbones/Rumlow from government custody. Meanwhile Bucky is also going after AIM like in RM and that's how he enters into the story after dropping off the radar since TWS. Then the plot could jump into Red Zone with shades of 21st century Blitz and the unmasking of a vast conspiracy to plunge the world into a war against Wakanda .

Something along those lines would be my dream plot for Cap3. I'm looking forward to what the writers come up with, they've done some awesome stuff so far. One thing I was wondering about is if they'll have another aerial based climax after the flying wing and helicarriers in the first two films? Or would that not be fresh anymore? Maybe they could have some zeppelins/blimps or maybe a high altitude location, tall building or mountain top or a combination of sorts. If they go more ground based maybe a sleeper or perhaps something like the Omega Base from MUA or some action set piece involving a giant tank/moving structure of some kind. There was the Hydra tank in TFA but that felt like such a tease. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the giant tank from the un-filmed Indian Jones and the Monkey King script. That would have been silly in Indiana Jones but I could see it working beautifully in a Cap film.

seishin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:58 AM   #41
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm of two minds.

On one hand I'd be fine with Cap 3 (and future movies) feeling similar to Cap 2 in tone.

On the other, the OCD in me would like to see Cap 3 be as different to Cap 2 as Cap 2 was to Cap 1, with regards to genre.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #42
Blackman
C'mon Son

I think a good/cool thing to do would be to make a mix of tones. Part pulp story, part thriller. And the best way to do that would probably be adapting the Bloodstone Hunt. That'd be the way to go

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #43
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I'm loving the ideas here, either with including an assassination attempt on T'Chaka/King of Wakanda as a setup for Black Panther, or the Bloodstone Hunt.

I know most people didn't take too kindly to my idea about the villains in Cap 3 tampering with Steve's super soldier serum to remove it so Steve reverts back to skinny Steve Rhers, but I keep thinking that maybe something else could happen, like the villains, whoever they are in this movie do something to Steve's blood that actually successfully poisons him or causes the serum in his body to act like a cancer or disease, slowly killing him. Mind, it wouldn't actually kill him, but it could set up a possible exit for Evans to leave and a recast Steve Rogers to be cast (as heartbreaking as that would be for me). It could also set up some interesting story possibilities with Avengers 3 with Steve thinking this will be his final battle and then he delivers the final blow to Thanos?

I don't know. I am having a lot of fun speccing on possible outcomes.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #44
MbJ
Side-Kick

Given the ridiculously volatile state of American politics, if 50's Cap really is used as a villain, I think there's a lot of interesting fodder there.

One thing to consider is that if it's revealed that the government did try to recreate the Super Soldier Serum without Steve's knowledge, you could in theory also introduce Isaiah Bradley and his grandson, Eli. Eli could then be used in a hypothetical Young Avengers movie in the future.

Especially since it was reported a while back Cassie Lang will appear in Ant-Man as a child.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #45
seishin87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I'm loving the ideas here, either with including an assassination attempt on T'Chaka/King of Wakanda as a setup for Black Panther, or the Bloodstone Hunt.

I know most people didn't take too kindly to my idea about the villains in Cap 3 tampering with Steve's super soldier serum to remove it so Steve reverts back to skinny Steve Rhers, but I keep thinking that maybe something else could happen, like the villains, whoever they are in this movie do something to Steve's blood that actually successfully poisons him or causes the serum in his body to act like a cancer or disease, slowly killing him. Mind, it wouldn't actually kill him, but it could set up a possible exit for Evans to leave and a recast Steve Rogers to be cast (as heartbreaking as that would be for me). It could also set up some interesting story possibilities with Avengers 3 with Steve thinking this will be his final battle and then he delivers the final blow to Thanos?

I don't know. I am having a lot of fun speccing on possible outcomes.
Yeah it is fun speculating on the possible story ideas the creative team might use. They are having their own story discussions too bouncing around ideas. The whole serum going wonky is there from the comics, some stand outs are Streets of Poison and the Fighting Chance arc from Gru's run and The Chosen which is a little more recent. It's definitely an idea I could see them using at some point but like the whole assassination of Cap story arc, while I really like it, I still feel like Cap3 would be a little too soon. Also I find it interesting how they wanted to use the "demon in a bottle" arc for Iron-man 3 but dropped it because it would have bogged down the running time. That would be the biggest reason against doing something like that. Maybe they could save it for Cap4, I don't know, I want to see a nice trilogy with Cap taking on more of his traditional foes at the top of his game first, maybe they use the Serum idea to lure Evans back for Cap4 saying it'll be something different where Cap can't rely on/trust his argumentation anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Given the ridiculously volatile state of American politics, if 50's Cap really is used as a villain, I think there's a lot of interesting fodder there.

One thing to consider is that if it's revealed that the government did try to recreate the Super Soldier Serum without Steve's knowledge, you could in theory also introduce Isaiah Bradley and his grandson, Eli. Eli could then be used in a hypothetical Young Avengers movie in the future.

Especially since it was reported a while back Cassie Lang will appear in Ant-Man as a child.
The whole idea of other "Captain Americas" and/or SSS augments could be a movie unto itself. They could combine the various threads, Isaiah Bradley, William Burnside, Johnny Walker, Protocide, even the O.N.I. Seal Cap, have Steve uncovering that the government has been trying to create another like him and all the various success and failures. Introducing the whole notion/concept of "compartmentalization" into TWS was brilliant cause now it gives them a little cover for if they pull any other Cap's out of the freezer so to speak. Not to mention Bucky/Winter Solider, Red Skull, Banner and Blonsky also all have a form of the serum in them, and even in AoS there's a reference with the Centipede tech. There's some speculation that Rumlow/Crossbones might have had some augmentation done which is why he survived in TWS. Maybe they'll introduce the Power-broker?

There's the whole bit where Cap stopped being Cap too for one reason or another, Nomad, The Captain, Man with no Country. I could see the revelation of a secret Cap program/ Isaiah Bradley causing Cap to disown the uniform and become either The Captain or Nomad, or they could bring in the CSA or something along those lines, maybe Peter Gyrich or perhaps even Dell Rusk tries to bring Captain under his thumb causing Cap to give up the uniform and then some replacement or several i.e Walker, Burnside, Seal Cap etc. Between these ideas, The Bloodstone Hunt, Fallen Son, Red Menace, Red Zone they have enough fodder/potential for at least a half dozen stand alone Cap films. The material is there.

seishin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #46
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Can this thread be moved to the Cap forum?

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #47
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
I liked the suggestion of someone else who floated the idea of an adaptation of The Bloodstone Hunt, with it being a cross of Indiana Jones treasure-hunting and James Bond globetrotting with HYDRA playing spoiler in that chase.

That way you could use another traditional Cap villain like Zemo and potentially expand on Crossbones as adversaries who stand in his way. It's hard to say, but from all the positive buzz surrounding TWS, I have complete faith in the Russos to nail the third installment too.
maybe the power broker can be introduced this way

Old 08-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #48
marcvader
Lurker #1

Two words, female villains.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #49
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Two words, female villains.
Would be nice to see how he deals with having to falcon punch a girl.

Lilbaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:43 AM   #50
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

tell it from the viilian's POV