The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 03-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #76
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 15 "Us" Discussion Thread

A member named Scalemail Ted from a fan forum of The Walking Dead pointed out that all the paintings are foreshadowing of future episodes. Here is a copy and paste of his post

Quote:
Since you've added your theory with Lizzie, it got me interested to recheck 'Claimed'; here's my findings:

The first painting that is explicitly shown is:

Bunnies; possibly a reference to the bunnies that Lizzie killed in 409

The second painting explicitly shown is:

Sunflowers; either a Terminus reference with literal sunflowers there or a "Lizzie look at the flowers" reference

Third painting explicitly shown is:

A dog; possibly a reference to the dog that appears in 413-Alone

The final painting explicitly shown i this scene is:

The creepy woman; either Mary from Terminus or Lizzie

I still feel that the framing of Mary in that last shot of 415 was purposely designed to parallel this painting; same with the sunflowers... but interesting theories none-the-less.
http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/for...d-58482-3.html

souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #77
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Yep...looks like the cannibal group from the comics.
I haven't read the comics, but the games also have this "safe and wonderful" place which end up being run by cannibals. That was the frst thing I thought of when we saw Mary at the grill.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #78
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Something is definitely not right about Terminus. It seems way too idyllic.

Any community that totally unconcerned about groups of people just wandering in off the road with guns would have been taken over and/or wiped out a long time ago.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #79
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Is that painting a strawberry? Claimed.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #80
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

^ So annoyed by Daryl's new group. Sure the leader with the white hair feels like he's welcoming in Daryl, but man look at what they did to Mr. Jerk!

I get the same feel as to how the Governor was welcoming Andrea with open arms. Look how that turned out. This group's obviously bad news.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 AM   #81
Zantera
Side-Kick

I feel pretty confident in the "Terminus is run by cannibals"-theory. Someone even pointed out that the sweater the woman was wearing was the same sweater Beth has. That would be creepy, but I could see it happening. If she is dead or not, I leave up for speculation, but I do think the people at Terminus are the ones who kidnapped Beth.

Nicko-Ray @ I think it's safe to say that any group where a man is kicked to death and dumped in a dumpster over a smaller argument is bad news, haha.

Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 AM   #82
afan
Side-Kick

Wonder if any other group made it to Terminus before Glenn and Maggie?....and what's gonna happen when Daryl's "friends" get there?....
Gotta say for Glenn(especially Glenn) and Maggie to just casually walk into Terminus like they did made no sense at all. They are the battle tested survivors, and should be wary of anything that looks too good to be true!
Thought sure Daryl would notice the candy bar wrapper, unless his tracking skills were temporarily offline.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #83
cyclone
Side-Kick

So, guessing, Daryl's new lot are from Terminus, and they're the cannibals. They're hunting Rick, Michonne and Carl, who are going to Terminus anyway. They also kidnapped Beth and took her there. Guessing they've either got Beth locked up ready to slice up and eat, or she's missing a limb or two and is being held hostage. Imagine if the episode ends with Daryl finding Beth in a dungeon missing a leg and/or arm, and it ends with the 'head honcho' finding Daryl who's found Beth? That'd be quite a cliffhanger.

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #84
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Huh. Never thought of the new group being part of Terminus.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #85
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Daryll's new group leader scoffed at the idea of Terminus, saying that a place like that wouldn't welcome people like them. They're just concerned now with tracking down Rick…but we know how that will end seeing as how Daryll is with them.

Terminus is definitely bad news. What peeved me the most is how the gates were all unlocked and that Glenn and Maggie's group just casually left the gates wide open behind them, for walkers to just stroll in…..

Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #86
Donut
Side-Kick

What happened 2 that one chick when the first group reached Terminus ?

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #87
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Wonder if any other group made it to Terminus before Glenn and Maggie?....and what's gonna happen when Daryl's "friends" get there?....
Gotta say for Glenn(especially Glenn) and Maggie to just casually walk into Terminus like they did made no sense at all. They are the battle tested survivors, and should be wary of anything that looks too good to be true!
Thought sure Daryl would notice the candy bar wrapper, unless his tracking skills were temporarily offline.
I'm sure Daryl did notice the wrapper.

I think Glenn and Maggie are either desperate to find some sort of refuge or, in my opinion, are so ecstatic that they found each other that it really doesn't matter what happens...at least they're together.

My only question is...why hasn't Maggie (on-camera) asked about Beth?

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #88
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
What happened 2 that one chick when the first group reached Terminus ?
She was in the group shots walking up. I guess someone stood in front of her in the shot after Mary introduced herself.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #89
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Wonder if any other group made it to Terminus before Glenn and Maggie?....and what's gonna happen when Daryl's "friends" get there?….
Yeah, the time line between the groups is a little hard to follow. I would like it if at least Tyrese and Carol are already at Terminus.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #90
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Yeah, the time line between the groups is a little hard to follow. I would like it if at least Tyrese and Carol are already at Terminus.
I think they got back on the track last.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #91
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Yeah, Maggie and co. are probably the first ones there, while Carol and Tyreese will probably be the last ones there, given the number of days they dithered in that cabin.

And I'm thinking Daryl's new group will provide us a number of redshirts to sacrifice to the cannibals so we can see how nasty they are without cutting into the main cast. At least I hope so. I'd hate it if Beth ended up a cannibal feast.

Incidentally, anyone think that Joe might've had it out for Len for a while now? Remember, Len is the guy who beat up Tony for the bed Rick was hiding under. Right then and there he broke the rules as Tony had claimed the bed, but he ignored Tony's claiming the bed and beat him into unconsciousness for it. His breaking the rules directly led to Lou's death, so after that Joe might've been looking for any excuse to kill off Len, as he'd already proven himself to be a liability before they even met Daryl.

And I'm thinking Daryl DID see the candy wrapper and has a pretty good idea of who they're following. Here's hoping, anyway.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #92
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I doubt Joe's group was from Terminus. And had anything to do with the kidnapping of Beth. That would be too convenient. I also don't believe any of them are cannibals. Since one of 'em was fighting over a squirrel with Daryl, but who really knows?

I also think some of you overestimate Daryl's intelligence and skills. Not too long ago some of you mentioned that Daryl decided to hang out with Joe's group to see if they had Beth, which never made much sense. Since the people that kidnapped Beth had a car. And Joe's group were traveling around on foot. And some believe Daryl knows Joe is tracking down Rick just b/c he noticed a candy wrapper laying in the middle of a track? I doubt Daryl noticed that candy wrapper and that it belonged to Carl or Michonne. It could've been anyone's for all he knew. And if he did notice it I doubt he knew Joe's group was hunting Rick just from finding a candy wrapper. Joe or any of his men never gave a description of Rick. They just told Daryl they were tracking someone and that they're close to finding him.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 03-25-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #93
O_B_Juan
Your only hope

Did Tara hurt both her ankles in this episode (one in the cave in rubble and the other on the train tracks)or the same ankle twice?

O_B_Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #94
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

How can anyone not see Terminus is a honeypot? Before we saw it I was unsure (it might have been genuine) but the moment they literally strolled into it without so much as a guard or person to greet them before Mary, I knew it was dangerous.

There is absolutely no way this is not going to end badly for the group. I would have liked for Terminus to be a brief respite for them, a place to catch a breath before their next encounter with a horde of zombies or cannibals or some other major threat. Instead they walked straight into what looks like a deathtrap disguised as paradise.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #95
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Terminus is the real Carcosa.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #96
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Terminus is the real Carcosa.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...07&postcount=3

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #97
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post

And I'm thinking Daryl's new group will provide us a number of redshirts to sacrifice to the cannibals so we can see how Tasty they are without cutting into the main cast. At least I hope so. I'd hate it if Beth ended up a cannibal feast.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #98
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
I doubt Joe's group was from Terminus. And had anything to do with the kidnapping of Beth. That would be too convenient. I also don't believe any of them are cannibals. Since one of 'em was fighting over a squirrel with Daryl, but who really knows?
Yeah, the thing with the cannibals was that they were terrible hunters, and it's easier to trap humans than animals, while these guys are obviously capable. Also, if they were cannibals then they would've eaten that guy instead of just beaten him to death.

And there's definitely no way Joe's group were involved with Beth's kidnapping. But Daryl were more than likely did see the candy wrapper. His eyesight lingered on the ground for a few seconds after he'd already grabbed up what he got from the ground. And if that's a brand of candy which he knows Michonne likes, then it's entirely reasonable for him to suspect that that's who they're following. They made a big deal about Michonne liking that particular candy brand, after all.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #99
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

The wrapper was obviously meaningful, too. The camera wouldn't linger on it like that to remind us who it was that left it there afterall. Daryl isn't stupid. He's not a genius or a world class tracker but he doesn't have to be either to suspect that a) Michonne is alive, b) others must be alive too, c) Rick and Carl may be with Michonne as well.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #100
Evelisse
Exactly

I think the candy wraper was focused on to let the audience know they were for sure following Rick's path. Not sure how Daryl could assume it belonged to anyone from his old group, of which he has seen no evidence anyone else made it out alive from the prison.

Evelisse is offline   Reply With Quote