The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 03-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Will there be a character's death in part 3?

Coulson died in part 1. Who knows how the stakes will be raised in part 2. But for part 3, the stakes should be raised further. Will this be a hero's final appearance, will they sacrifice themselves or be killed outright? I guess we'll see.

I see Downey as Iron Man retiring the role after part 3. In all likelihood, there will be a near-definitive death, but there will probably be some backdoor plot thread like uploading his consciousness into a computer, or Asgardian science possibly preserving the body.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 AM   #2
kindergregs
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Will there be a character's death in part 3?

No doubt will be a death. My bets are on Captain America and then bringing the Winter Soldier in to replace him. Couldn't see Iron Man going since I'm pretty sure he creates Vision from his J.A.R.V.I.S, so he could easily just make himself robot-like. This is just me being hopeful because I don't like change though

kindergregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 AM   #3
docdoc
Side-Kick

Well I say Captain America. Chris Evans only has 2 more contracts left after shooting Avengers 2, so depends on the order of his next projects. If Captain America 3 comes out before Avengers 3 (rumor has it Cap 3 coming out in 2016 right after Ant-Man), then yes, I think there's a good chance we will loose our original Captain during Avengers 3.

Not to mention Winter Soldier has 8 more contracts after Captain America 2, the studio is so preparing him to be the next Captain.

One thing bothers me is that Captain America should be killed AFTER the great crossover event- Marvel's Civil War. However, since SONY/FOX has no intention to let the separated children (spidey/X-men) reuniting with the Marvel family, a civil war movie will not see daylight in any intimidate future. So they're going to kill off Cap (if they are indeed going to) in a very different way.

docdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
Blake II
Banned User

I hope they kill off at least 3 main heroes. I want the third one to be emotional and dark with an end of the world theme since Thanos is no joke.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 AM   #5
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope they don't kill anyone from the big four.

But characters like Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver, I wouldn't mind as long as they execute it well. And some members have to go to make room for the new characters in future movies.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
PaulRom
Side-Kick

I kind of wish to see Iron Man die in this one. Despite the talk of recasting, I'd rather they retire the character completely until an inevitable reboot. I can also see Captain America dying here.

PaulRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #7
kindergregs
Newbie First Class

I'm feeling Black Widow here since she'll have been in 1 and 2, along with TWS. I can't see her having much impact against Thanos compared to the likes of Dr Strange, Ms Marvel or Hulk. Doubt Hawkeye since he's got a significant role in the next film so I think he'll be even bigger in the 3rd, I don't know haha
Quicksilver could go, being too cocky against Thanos or something and then gets taken out, and then causes Scarlet to lose whatever sanity she has left perhaps? I dunno that's what I want!

kindergregs is offline   Reply With Quote