The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 08-02-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

Default Avengers 3 in space?

Ive been thinking about the future of the MCU when it struck me, theres a great chance Avengers 3 will see our heroes venture into space, which will be amazing!

Considering there are currently no infinity stones on Earth (at least none that we know about), there is no reason Thanos would come to Earth, last we seen of the Infinity Gauntlet was on Asgard, so Thanos and his forces must invade Asgard to steal it and the Tesseract, Thor alerts his Avenger buddies and its off to space we go, que the inevitable meet up with the Guardians, and its a space epic we've all been waiting for.

What does everyone else think? Will we the likes of Cap, Hawkeye, Hulk e.t.c venture into the cosmos, or will we get a cop out, like a reveal the final stone is on Earth somewhere and a battle with Thanos takes place here?

I vote for space!

Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
marcvader
Lurker #1

Default Re: Avengers 3 in space?

I vote for Avengers 3 being a 2 parter, one on Terra one in space.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

I think that the defeat of Thanos' army in The Avengers gives him the impetus to go to earth to have another crack at it personally. I think once he has all the infinity gems, he'll venture over into our corner of the universe. That being said, I think the story (of Avengers 3)will take place both on earth and in space. I believe the Infinity Gauntlet took place on the moon and on earth mostly so I'd venture to guess that we'll see some big battles on the moon.

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #4
zebkillgrave

Hi, new poster here. What if it is a two-parter, but not in the way we're all thinking? While the Avengers did fight Thanos, the Infinity Gauntlet story that is being set up is not really an Avengers story. Sure, Captain America and Hulk and Thor and all show up, but it's really focused on characters like Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer.
Don't get me wrong, I know they're going to change stuff up for the movies, but they've been pretty good about keeping true to the spirits of the stories adapted, and I have a hard time believing that Avengers 3 is going to just adapt a story where the Avengers were just canon fodder.
So how about this? In Avengers 3, (after we've seen more of Thanos going around, appearing in places like Thor 3, Dr. Strange, and Guardians 2), we see him go up against the Avengers without the full Gauntlet? Maybe he's trying to finish collecting the stones, and it's set up as a race to stop him, or we're set up with another villain, only to have Thanos swoop in to finish the gauntlet in the third act. The Avengers go to stop him, and right as it seems they might succeed, he gets the stone from under them and completes the gauntlet, leaving a huge cliffhanger ending.
Cue one more film, directly based on the Infinity Gauntlet, and focused on Adam Warlock (introduced in Guardians 2) vs. Thanos, and all of the other important characters featured (Star-Lord, Nova, or Captain Marvel could replace the Silver Surfer, and Loki could take Dr. Doom's place, while the group brought to distract Thanos could be the Avengers, the Defenders, and the Guardians).
I know that seems like a lot, but they would have adequate time to prepare for it, it allows for us to see Thanos go toe-to-toe against the Avengers in a believable way before he basically becomes a god, and it doesn't shoehorn the gauntlet into some third act. Also, to lend credence to this, I believe I remember an interview with Kevin Feige where he said the IG story might extend a little beyond Phase 3 (I wouldn't know where to find a link). Well, if we consider Avengers movies as the end to a phase, then a follow-up Infinity Gauntlet movie would fulfill. Thanks for reading and sorry for the wordiness.

zebkillgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
HUMANIMAL

i think of something similar...maybe they dont win against thanos in the first encounter and they have to rebuild the team...

MY FANART AND MANIPS
HUMANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Chris B
Side-Kick

I'd imagine that Earth will still be a factor in a major way. Either because Thanos wants to take the fight to the Avengers directly, the last Infinity stone is here, or some other reason all together.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I'd imagine that Earth will still be a factor in a major way. Either because Thanos wants to take the fight to the Avengers directly, the last Infinity stone is here, or some other reason all together.
When the entire Universe is at stake I just kind of hope Earth isn't a major factor, plus it would be some coincidence to have another stone here, after the tesseract already being here, out of all the places in the universe for 6 stones to be, 2 of them are on Earth is a bit much for me, by the time we get to Avengers 3 we will have had 2 Earth based Avengers movies, in the comics they have had entire story arcs set in space before, why not a movie.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #8
EternalMaster
Side-Kick

Avengers 3 might start on Earth, but I would see it ending in space to battle IG Thanos. It's quite possible that Phase 3 will have Thanos collecting up most of the gems in other films, and then Avengers 3 would have him grabbing the last one (Terrasect on Asgard?).

Thor calls on the Avengers to help stop the attack, they fail, and then the rest of the film has all forces assembling to fight Thanos.

A 2-parter would be great, especially if they introduce more cosmic beings like the Celestials.

EternalMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #9
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Would like to see Thor 3 end badly and also GotG2. Leading to Avengers 3 as being a sort of last stand for the universe. (the same way empire strikes back was a sort of defeat with Han gone). They're winning the battles but losing the war and it all comes down to the final showdown.

Last edited by Lilbaz; 08-28-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Would like to see Thor 3 end badly and also GotG2. Leading to Avengers 3 as being a sort of last stand for the universe. (the same way empire strikes back was a sort of defeat with Han gone). They're winning the battles but losing the war and it all comes down to the final showdown.
I agree

Just_Human is online now   Reply With Quote