The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #26
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Default Re: Is Marvel going to make any more animated movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
if Marvel can poach someone like James Tucker or Bruce Timm, that would help. Also, there needs to be more codevelopment with Disney and/or Pixar. It's not good enough that Pixar is just an island unto itself. Marvel has to get involved.

Sony-Madhouse helps push the animation limits for select projects. They should get into more characters that aren't being developed too much- Daughters of the Dragon, Heroes for Hire, Hercules, Punisher, Blade, etc.
Marvel already partnered with an anime studio to produce several animated features based on Marvel properties, including X-Men, Blade, Iron Man and Wolverine. I personally found them dreadful. Though ostensibly similar to the source material, the interpretation of each ultimately deviates from the core characterizations of the aforementioned characters.

However, despite my grievances, it is at least a step in the right direction. As for Pixar, Disney allows Pixar to self-govern because interfering with Piixar would only undermine their creativity and productivity. Disney has the same approach to Marvel. Disney took Marvel on to have Marvel's income become Disney's income, not to influence their creative direction. Now Disney does bring Marvel stuff into the Disney world (e.g. Phineas and Ferb) but they don't go around making creative mandates for Marvel. Honestly, this sort of hands off approach is best.

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/46178721/large.gif
Arach Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #27
sportjames23
Side-Kick

I see that Marvel has Avengers Confidential coming out. Looks good animation-wise, but seems like the focus is on Black Widow and Punisher.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ETA: Oops, I see that it was already mentioned.

sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #28
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

I do appreciate the detailed style of Japanese anime. Here is hoping that this film turns out better than the previous round of Marvel anime.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #29
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I wish Marvel would do an anthology type of animated film or short stories peppering more obscure characters with well known ones.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #30
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

There needs to be a MTU. They can go so far beyond the MCU with TV and DVD. Connect everything that cant be connected on live film with animated shows/movies.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #31
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMinesMarvel View Post
There needs to be a MTU. They can go so far beyond the MCU with TV and DVD. Connect everything that cant be connected on live film with animated shows/movies.
I kinda like what DC is doing with their animated movies, retelling great stories from the comics as one shot stories and not caring about continuity.

Sure Marvel can't make full length animated movies with the X-Men and Spider-man, but there are tons of great stories that they can make into animated movies with the characters they have the rights to, like Siege of Avengers mansion or Future Imperfect.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #32
venom892
Got Lucky

They actually have complete animation rights to Spider-man so they could do an animated. Sony giving back the animation rights was part of a deal a few years back.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #33
STR1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
They actually have complete animation rights to Spider-man so they could do an animated. Sony giving back the animation rights was part of a deal a few years back.
I thought so too.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #34
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
I thought so too.
Yep. The reverting of ownership of the rights is one of the reasons why Spectacular Spider-Man was abruptly cancelled despite solid ratings -_-

Marvel wan'ts do something right with Spider-Man in animated form? Bring back Josh Keaton and that series and continue where things were left off. And while they are at it, fund a continuation for Wolverine and the X-Men. Those are two of the best Marvel animated series since the 90s cartoons.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #35
babykhris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Knight View Post
Yep. The reverting of ownership of the rights is one of the reasons why Spectacular Spider-Man was abruptly cancelled despite solid ratings -_-

Marvel wan'ts do something right with Spider-Man in animated form? Bring back Josh Keaton and that series and continue where things were left off. And while they are at it, fund a continuation for Wolverine and the X-Men. Those are two of the best Marvel animated series since the 90s cartoons.
Unless Marvel buys Spectacular Spider-Man show outright from SONY that will NEVER happen and Wolvie outright from its partners.

You may not like Ultimate Spider-Man, but its own 100% by Marvel and Disney wants 100% ownership.

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #36
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Unless Marvel buys Spectacular Spider-Man show outright from SONY that will NEVER happen and Wolvie outright from its partners.

You may not like Ultimate Spider-Man, but its own 100% by Marvel and Disney wants 100% ownership.
What is to stop them from buying those series, or paying a licensing fee? It isn't as if Disney or Marvel are hurting for money. And Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty awful. Youtube is rife with rants about the show.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #37
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Knight View Post
What is to stop them from buying those series, or paying a licensing fee? It isn't as if Disney or Marvel are hurting for money. And Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty awful. Youtube is rife with rants about the show.
What stops them? Cheapness, that is what, they would rather have a bad Spider-Man cartoon then a good Spider-Man cartoon where they have to pay royalties.

I thought Marvel only had the TV rights to Spider-Man and could not do any sort of movies, live action or animated, but I would be glad to be proven wrong about that if it would lead to some good Spider-Man DTVs.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #38
Donk
Random Jackass

I recently watched the Black Widow/Punisher movie i thought it was very well done.

Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #39
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
I recently watched the Black Widow/Punisher movie i thought it was very well done.
Than I'll have to go watch it.

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #40
The Hill
Frat House Member

Frank was the best thing about that Cartoon. Nick Fury felt too much like Luke Cage with an eye patch. I Approved of the use of Amadeus Cho.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #41
ss3walkman
Wolverine as a Horsemen!

There's a Captain America and Iron Man animated movie that's coming out this year that's not anime. Called "Heroes United"

ss3walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #42
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3walkman View Post
There's a Captain America and Iron Man animated movie that's coming out this year that's not anime. Called "Heroes United"
Yeah and if its anything like the Hulk and Iron Man animated movie from last year, it will be awful.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #43
ss3walkman
Wolverine as a Horsemen!

There's a Captain America/Iron Man greatest heroes animated movie dropping this year that's not anime

ss3walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #44
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I don't know if they are going to make more things separately, but they could collaborate with Disney on a lot of things. Devil Dinosaur (if they have the rights to him) and Power Pack could be options via Disney Animation.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote