The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #26
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

At the risk of defending Fox, all those past filming dates were from "unoffical" source like The Wrap and Production Weekly. The April 21st date was the first one that was straight from the horse's mouth and is actually closer to their standard start times (13-14 months before release), so IMO this one's legit. If they push THIS one back, then there really is something up.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #27
Sardaukar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Is it okay to be negative in this thread? I can't keep track these days...

Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #28
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
Agreed. Too many threads.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #29
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
Wishing that this movie could fall apart and that Fox would lose the rights to the Fantastic Four and seeing them revert back to Marvel is what I call positive thinking.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #30
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Wishing that this movie could fall apart and that Fox would lose the rights to the Fantastic Four and seeing them revert back to Marvel is what I call positive thinking.
Never have there been truer words Captain Marvel...AMEN brother

Old 03-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #31
babykhris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
Watch it become June 15th next. And then July 25th. And then hopefully by August they announce that its cancelled.
If they are serious about doing this film the sooner the better. Imagine the Comic Con backlash awaiting them....

Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #32
Donut
Side-Kick

They can't keep delaying unless they plan on giving up the rights

Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #33
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

The rights are most likely not going anywhere, don't get your hopes up .

Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #34
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

They will eventually if Fox doesn't get it's **** together, and the odds of that happening are looking more slim with each passing day.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #35
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
The rights are most likely not going anywhere, don't get your hopes up .
I had given up on this a few weeks back until the recent rumors which sound very reliable. Now I can't help but cling to a shred of hope. I'm not the only one who's hoping. Everyone's buzzing about this on different forums. If Fox really does go through with this though, well they deserve it if they end up with a mega flop on their hands.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #36
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

I'm gonna have to remain cautiously pessimistic and assume that they will go ahead.

Not because I want them to (hell no...), but I've had my hopes raised before with this thing, then an announcement comes along and takes a dump on them. Big time

Old 03-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #37
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I'm gonna have to remain cautiously pessimistic and assume that they will go ahead.

Not because I want them to (hell no...), but I've had my hopes raised before with this thing, then an announcement comes along and takes a dump on them. Big time
Aye, until we get an actual announcement like we did with Daredevil or Ghost Rider it's best to assume the worst.

But keep your fingers crossed just the same.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #38
Six
Six Six Six

I have never given up hope and I won't until I see "Fantastic Four: Electric Boogaloo" posters on the wall at the movie theatre. Like I've said, Fox would have to be a special kind of stupid to carry through with this thing, and as much as I hate them, they can't be that stupid. Theres just no way.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #39
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Fox Sets Dates for 'Wolverine,' 'Fantastic Four' Sequels
The studio also announces a mystery Marvel film for 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Couch
20th Century Fox is making it's Marvel properties a foundation of its upcoming slate and has announced a release date for a Fantastic Four movie before the first has even begun shooting.

The studio announced The Fantastic Four 2 will open July 14, 2017, while an untitled Wolverine film will open March 3, 2017. Fox has also slated an untitled Marvel film for July 13, 2018.

Fox owns the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises, so the mystery 2018 Marvel film could draw from either of those. It's not unthinkable that the project might even be a crossover between the two.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #40
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm pretty sure that would be the X-Men vs. Fantastic Four movie. Blegh.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 AM   #41
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Honestly, if Fox REALLY wanted to do this and it was inspired by their own inner discussion based off genuine intrigue and love for the characters, I'd have not as much problem with them forcing a hold on the FF rights and doing a crossover with X-Men. However, because it's clearly just a cash grab to try and get what Marvel has and was done retroactively after it looked like they had very little interest in FF before seeing the Avengers, it's much harder for me to really look forward to what is coming. It's just going to be a rinse, wash, and repeat of Marvel's formula...except missing what really made what Marvel did special. It's hard to get excited for that the more I think about it. -_-

Old 03-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #42
Six
Six Six Six

If it does get made, it will be a catastrophic mistake and Fox will suffer for it. I'm holding onto hope that they're not that stupid.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:46 AM   #43
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Announcing the date for a sequel before a film is released seems confident. Announcing the date for a sequel before a film is even MADE seems foolhardy.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 AM   #44
Six
Six Six Six

Before cameras even start rolling no less. Before the cast members are officially locked in, even. Its a joke.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 AM   #45
Six
Six Six Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
If they are serious about doing this film the sooner the better. Imagine the Comic Con backlash awaiting them....
I can definitely imagine them getting booed off stage.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #46
universeman
Side-Kick

You know someone said this and I agree they should just stop this movie and use the money for more X-Men films. They could use it for more promotion for DOFP and XMA. Maybe like no telling what instead there wasting the money on this! also I think the untitled movie is not FF vs XM but
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
X-Force!

Old 03-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #47
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Announcing the date for a sequel before a film is released seems confident. Announcing the date for a sequel before a film is even MADE seems foolhardy.
Hey, remember Green Lantern 2? How'd that work out?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #48
universeman
Side-Kick

It's funny there rumors going around that FF/X-men may have a movie in 2018 because you why I find this funny because Pixar has a untitled movie for 2018 too! it seems it may be I2! I know what movie I'm going to see!

Old 03-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #49
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
It's funny there rumors going around that FF/X-men may have a movie in 2018 because you why I find this funny because Pixar has a untitled movie for 2018 too! it seems it may be I2! I know what movie I'm going to see!
I think about 4 years would enough time for them to have The Incredibles 2 ready. Do they have a release date for that untitled one yet?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #50
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
"The studio announced The Fantastic Four 2 will open July 14, 2017"
Relax people this is to be expected. Last week there was rumor that FOX was looking for a new director. This week they're working damage control posing the notion that they're actually confident in this dead on arrival reboot.

Think of if this way, of all the recent CBM news we've been getting across the board the last week or so, who's been getting the coldest reception..?

If "Days Of Future Over-budgeting" Doesn't turn a profit none of this means Jack!

Closed Thread