The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #51
universeman
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Well it's still untitled but Pixar does have one for 11/22/17 and another one for 6/15/18 someone said for the 11/22/17 release could be Cars 3 and for the other one could be for I2 which makes sense.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #52
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Incredibles 2 would be wise for any rival studio to avoid.

But I'd have said that about 'Inside Out' as well...

Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #53
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
If they are serious about doing this film the sooner the better. Imagine the Comic Con backlash awaiting them....
The cast of X-men will likely be there but do think the cast of this crappy reboot would pull a GOTG move (jumping on a plane during "filming") at SDCC???

I could see some stuffy Fox exec speaking on their behalf outside or some lame banner saying "FF Vs X-men Coming Soon" or some crap to draw interest.

Hugh Jackman would have to bring them out himself Trank and cast coming out alone... the reception would be "cordial" at best.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #54
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream22 View Post
Relax people this is to be expected. Last week there was rumor that FOX was looking for a new director. This week they're working damage control posing the notion that they're actually confident in this dead on arrival reboot.

Think of if this way, of all the recent CBM news we've been getting across the board the last week or so, who's been getting the coldest reception..?

If "Days Of Future Over-budgeting" Doesn't turn a profit none of this means Jack!
I'm not overly concerned by this latest middle finger from Fox. Just a bit of damage control and a little sabre rattling at the mouse at this stage, imo.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #55
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I'm not overly concerned by this latest middle finger from Fox. Just a bit of damage control and a little sabre rattling at the mouse at this stage, imo.
My concern is there really could be some ugly things going on behind the scenes, but Fox could push through anyway with a low budget, weak script, short production schedule and director they have no confidence in.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #56
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

ゴジラ
Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #57
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

WIth the amount of time it took to even get this first movie off the ground (not that it is off the ground yet) then it will likely be another 7 years until the sequel. Why do Fox even need to make a sequel anyway? They're just making this one to hold onto the rights. Once it's done, there's no rush for a second movie at all.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #58
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Indeed, its also clear that FOX and Disney have been going at it for some time now. I also don't think it's a coincidence that FOX changed their date to go up against Pixar or X-men Apocalypse facing off with Alice in Wonderland 2 on 5/27/16.

Time for The Mouse to take the gloves off "SouthPark" style!

Old 03-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #59
universeman
Side-Kick

Wait there coming out with AIW2! I thought the first one was great!

Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #60
starscream22
Side-Kick

....Isn't it odd that they have Wolverine's sequel set for a March release and F4 for July?

Why would they set up their most prized X-men character to do "300's" numbers while putting F4 in the thick of the Summer again?

Definitely posturing here.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Even EON doesn't tend to put its James Bond movies in the Summer. They release it in November. Back in 1989, Licence to Kill was released in the same summer there was Batman, Indiana Jones 3, Ghostbusters 2, Lethal Weapon 2, Star Trek 5, Karate Kid 3, Honey I Shrunk the Kids and other non-franchise but critically acclaimed films like Dead Poets Society.

Bond got slaughtered there, and it was more successful already than FF. That was the last time it was ever in the Summer. Even after Skyfall, the next Bond is still scheduled for around November.

What makes Fox think that Trank's FF can do better than that?

Old 03-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #62
Brutalitops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream22 View Post
....Isn't it odd that they have Wolverine's sequel set for a March release and F4 for July?

Why would they set up their most prized X-men character to do "300's" numbers while putting F4 in the thick of the Summer again?

Definitely posturing here.
Like I said, it is more likely that the announcement of the sequel is acting as a placeholder for Fox. A delay in Wolverine 3's production? Simple, push it back to the FF2 date. Another blockbuster comes their way for 2017? Put it in FF2's date. It's just Fox marking their territory, showing the other studios they have the intention to release A FILM on that date, not necessarily FF2.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #63
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Wolverine is a solid bet but not for earth-shattering numbers. It can also cost a lot less than X-Men/FF. Makes sense to put that in the odd spot over their other comic properties.

Almost feel sorry for Fox at this point. Regardless of any potential problems they may be experiencing in-house, they have a mountain of ill-will to climb on this project and an ever more competitive market. Marvel are dominating the genre right now, so much that even the years without Avengers look tough, and when Avengers films are dropping.... you better duck and cover.

My only hope is if FF does defy odds and actually comes out, it'll die quick enough not to tarnish the promising X-Men revival. I don't even care if FF is good, I don't want it unnecessarily crossing over with X-Men. That mystery 2018 project scares the crap out of me.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #64
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Wolverine is a solid bet but not for earth-shattering numbers. It can also cost a lot less than X-Men/FF. Makes sense to put that in the odd spot over their other comic properties.

Almost feel sorry for Fox at this point. Regardless of any potential problems they may be experiencing in-house, they have a mountain of ill-will to climb on this project and an ever more competitive market. Marvel are dominating the genre right now, so much that even the years without Avengers look tough, and when Avengers films are dropping.... you better duck and cover.

My only hope is if FF does defy odds and actually comes out, it'll die quick enough not to tarnish the promising X-Men revival. I don't even care if FF is good, I don't want it unnecessarily crossing over with X-Men. That mystery 2018 project scares the crap out of me.
I wouldn't feel bad for FOX. They've made an awful lot of money suckling on Mama Marvel's teat over the years. Even if the gravy train slows down by a considerable degree, the studio has come out ahead.

My guess is that the post DOFP X-Movies will look an awful lot like the Wolverine - relatively small scale and lower budget so as not to compete with the spectacles funded by Marvel and WB. The 2018 film looks to be X-Force, and I think similarly sized films like New Mutants and Deadpool are forthcoming And as so many have been arguing, the FF does not fit in at all despite FOX's efforts to create a "grounded" version of Marvel's First Family.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #65
The Guard
Side-Kick

Brian Singer has already said that X-MEN: APOCALYPSE will be huge in scale.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 03-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #66
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I have no doubts about that. I think they mean after DoFP and Apocalypse. Those are the next 2 X-Men films, and they seem connected. But once those are done, it feels like they will be going smaller in scale again. At least for a few films. Which makes sense.

I'll be curious to see how X-Men: Apocalypse plays out. See if the OT cast has a major role in it or not.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #67
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I have no doubts about that. I think they mean after DoFP and Apocalypse. Those are the next 2 X-Men films, and they seem connected. But once those are done, it feels like they will be going smaller in scale again. At least for a few films. Which makes sense.

I'll be curious to see how X-Men: Apocalypse plays out. See if the OT cast has a major role in it or not.
I'm leaning towards Jackman being back (because he always is), alongside maybe 1-4 other OT members as Horsemen.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #68
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Brian Singer has already said that X-MEN: APOCALYPSE will be huge in scale.
It could be, but depending on the DOFP box office the Apocalypse budget may be considerably lower than the $230 million estimate of Days.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #69
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

DoFP should do well, and I think FOX is going to invest in it. They don't have many options for franchises, in all honesty (not that I can think of at least). So, it will get a sizeable budget.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #70
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I wouldn't feel bad for FOX. They've made an awful lot of money suckling on Mama Marvel's teat over the years. Even if the gravy train slows down by a considerable degree, the studio has come out ahead.

My guess is that the post DOFP X-Movies will look an awful lot like the Wolverine - relatively small scale and lower budget so as not to compete with the spectacles funded by Marvel and WB. The 2018 film looks to be X-Force, and I think similarly sized films like New Mutants and Deadpool are forthcoming And as so many have been arguing, the FF does not fit in at all despite FOX's efforts to create a "grounded" version of Marvel's First Family.
Yeah I said "almost" for a reason haha.

I doubt the 2018 film is X-Force. That film is hardly a mystery, and it looks like it's already been filed into X-Men limbo along with Deapool.

I expect the main team films with continue to be pretty big-scale, and Wolverine films and other spin-offs will fill the void between them at a smaller budget. That's how I'd play it anyway, after selling FF back to Marvel of course.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #71
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Dr Doom casts, someone I have no idea if it's a real person or a construct for an April's Fools joke has the role.

Another step in the wrong direction, me thinks

Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #72
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

He was on the final short list, so I see no reason why it isn't true....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #73
BrandonBurge616
Newbie First Class

...Is there any hope left? :/

Old 04-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #74
Six
Six Six Six

Yes. Until they actually start shooting, I see no reason why they can't just drop it and save themselves from losing millions of dollars.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #75
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

If it's official, it was completely idiotic to release it on April Fools.

Closed Thread