The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #76
Six
Six Six Six

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Maybe they'll think people will believe its an april fools prank, therefore won't rage about it.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #77
Donut
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

FOX is not that smart

Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #78
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
completely idiotic
Sums up this production quit nicely.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #79
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
If it's official, it was completely idiotic to release it on April Fools.
This entire reboot is an ongoing April Fools joke so to be fair, FOX isn't really far off base with releasing info on that date.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #80
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

"Production Cancelled" would have been a brutal April Fools joke. Sad I didn't use it.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #81
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

This is a quote from businessweek's profile on Kevin Feige in running Marvel Studios. This is why MS succeeds while Fox and now Sony can't seem to achieve the same level of success

Quote:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-franchises#p1

Despite the shouting, everybody agreed on a fundamental principle: The movies needed to please the hard-core comic book readers first. “Really, you have to start with the loyalists,” says Quesada. “If the loyalists reject it, then we feel that everyone is going to reject it.”
So not to beat a dead horse. This is the main reason why the FF is destined to fail (And maybe DOFP if they strayed too far from the source material)

Its a very good read also. I suggest it

MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!

Edit: This quote is on page four of the article FYI

Old 04-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #82
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
This is a quote from businessweek's profile on Kevin Feige in running Marvel Studios. This is why MS succeeds while Fox and now Sony can't seem to achieve the same level of success

So not to beat a dead horse. This is the main reason why the FF is destined to fail (And maybe DOFP if they strayed too far from the source material)

Its a very good read also. I suggest it

MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!

Edit: This quote is on page four of the article FYI
It might sound weird, lately the consensus was that the fan base wasn't as important as general audiences, but nowadays, a lot of people that would be "general audience" after or before seeing something on film, they come and ask me stuff like "is it really like that?" "that happened in the comics? like that?". I get the sense that while maybe they don't take the time to read the comics, they wanna know about them, and they wanna trust the films on that.

I guess the same thing happens with books like Harry Potter and LOTR

Old 04-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #83
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's funny, the "experts" around here would have you believe the fanbase is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Or at least that's what they say while trying to defend this turkey.

Personally I'll take Business Week's word and Marvel's proven track record over a tiny handful of anonymous internetters but that's just me.

- Ryōkan

Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #84
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That's funny, the "experts" around here would have you believe the fanbase is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Or at least that's what they say while trying to defend this turkey.

Personally I'll take Business Week's word and Marvel's proven track record over a tiny handful of anonymous internetters but that's just me.
The "experts" supporting Trank's FFINO reboot don't care about the FF so much as they want FOX to keep the character rights away from the mighty MCU .

Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #85
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

pretty much, yeah.

- Ryōkan

Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #86
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Men Lie

Women Lie

But numbers never lie (Nor are they mistaken)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-franchises#p4

Bet the (So called) "experts" will stay clear of that just keep the validity of their weak arguments about the importance of "Loyalists"

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 04-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #87
The Guard
Side-Kick

Wonder where Marvel's loyalist sensibilities were when IRON MAN 3 was being made...

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #88
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Wonder where Marvel's loyalist sensibilities were when IRON MAN 3 was being made...
Made for a good "All Hail The King" One Shot

And when RDJ wants to work with a director.. You work with that director

Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #89
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Men Lie

Women Lie

But numbers never lie (Nor are they mistaken)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-franchises#p4

Bet the (So called) "experts" will stay clear of that just keep the validity of their weak arguments about the importance of "Loyalists"
Very interesting and very depressing graphic.

I think one of the more interesting details is how low the Hulk films are. Forgetting for a moment all the details of studios and the specifics of the films, Hulk and Spider-Man should be Marvel's two biggest properties.

I wonder if Marvel will ever do a Hulk that lives up to its potential.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #90
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
"Production Cancelled" would have been a brutal April Fools joke. Sad I didn't use it.
It was actually done on another site but they're notorious for trolling its viewers anyway so no one wasn't fooled. The collective response to it was "I wish it were true."

Old 04-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #91
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Very interesting and very depressing graphic.

I think one of the more interesting details is how low the Hulk films are. Forgetting for a moment all the details of studios and the specifics of the films, Hulk and Spider-Man should be Marvel's two biggest properties.

One of the only things a disagree with MS is the treatment of the Hulk.. I think its more Disney against it then Feige as he has to probably continuously defending the reason on why another Hulk film should be invested in. Which is funny because Fox is doing the opposite and ignoring the failed FF Box Office/Franchise with both films being less then 10 years apart

Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #92
Brutalitops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Still waiting for one of them to reply to my post in the Reborn thread listing the huge legitimate question marks around the production. But no, they'll ignore it, because they can't twist it into a positive like they do with everything else. While there is no need for a scorched earth policy here regarding the movie, blind optimism is even worse. Also, I'll puke the next time I see someone call Trank a great director. He very well may be and I did enjoy Chronicle, but to consider him a great director after 1 movie, and a found footage movie at that, is ludicrous. Jumping the gun a bit.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #93
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
One of the only things a disagree with MS is the treatment of the Hulk.. I think its more Disney against it then Feige as he has to probably continuously defending the reason on why another Hulk film should be invested in. Which is funny because Fox is doing the opposite and ignoring the failed FF Box Office/Franchise with both films being less then 10 years apart
That's one thing that makes me nervous about the FF going back to Marvel. The assumption is they'd recognize the value and be all over it, but when you look at Hulk, you have to wonder if FF could face a similar fate.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #94
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
That's one thing that makes me nervous about the FF going back to Marvel. The assumption is they'd recognize the value and be all over it, but when you look at Hulk, you have to wonder if FF could face a similar fate.
I don't feel that way because Hulk is a dark character. The FF on the other hand is a Family which is something the Disney Loves. If they had the rights the FF would coming out in Phase II instead of GoTG for sure. If they got it this year they'd make a third movie in 2016. Trust.. If they had the rights they wouldn't talking the Incredibles sequel also

Wouldn't it be great if the Incredibles sequel were to be released on 7/14/2017???

Old 04-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #95
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
The problem with the last 2 live action efforts is they ignored the fact the Hulk is a talking character with his own personality (actually he as a few) and instead have followed too much of the TV show formula in making it all about Banner's character with the Hulk turning up a few times to grunt him out of trouble.

With Avengers it was easier to get away with having all the other characters on show, and certainly it was his best showing so far, but again, apart from that 'Puny God' line he was there to smash stuff and grunt & growl a lot.

Personally, I don't think any solo flick will ever do really well following that tired old TV show formula. They need to present the Hulk as having his own unique personality, an equal/opposite to Banner, rather than it being Bruce having the mother of all temper tantrums a few times in each flick.

When they finally figure that one out, that is when the Hulk will really be done justice and (hopefully) live up to his potential.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #96
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
I don't feel that way because Hulk is a dark character. The FF on the other hand is a Family which is something the Disney Loves.
Yeah, The Hulk is an absolutely amazing character that encompasses some of the great classic literary elements - he's the misunderstood monster of Frankenstein, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and King Kong. . . . he's the awesome and unstoppable force that man created through his ignorance and nuclear ambition the he now can't control like Godzilla. . . he's our most basic emotions released and unchained like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

But he's not a superhero. It's hard to find a story in which he's the good guy just trying to save the world from an evil force and, with a lot of effort, he triumphs in the end, bringing the crowd to their feet and allowing them to leave the theater with a smile on their face.

Probably one of the coolest and most interesting characters in comics, but hard to build a blockbuster around.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #97
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
The problem with the last 2 live action efforts is they ignored the fact the Hulk is a talking character with his own personality (actually he as a few) and instead have followed too much of the TV show formula in making it all about Banner's character with the Hulk turning up a few times to grunt him out of trouble.

With Avengers it was easier to get away with having all the other characters on show, and certainly it was his best showing so far, but again, apart from that 'Puny God' line he was there to smash stuff and grunt & growl a lot.

Personally, I don't think any solo flick will ever do really well following that tired old TV show formula. They need to present the Hulk as having his own unique personality, an equal/opposite to Banner, rather than it being Bruce having the mother of all temper tantrums a few times in each flick.When they finally figure that one out, that is when the Hulk will really be done justice and (hopefully) live up to his potential.
Yeah, I think these are all good points. I loved the scenes in the comics in which he was like a child, marvelling at the wonder of the natural world in some peaceful wooded setting . . . and then all hell would break loose.

Except for a few brief moments, we haven't really seen Hulk (as Hulk, not as Banner) as a sympathetic, child-like character who we can relate to and root for.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #98
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

An FF project would be a go as soon as the FF rights go back to Marvel. It's due to universe building. With Hulk, you can get away with not giving him a film because the character is featured with the Avengers, much like Widow and Hawkeye. The FF are an entirely separate team from the Avengers but are necessary to the MCU almost to the same extent, mainly because of Reed. Reed and Tony are the Batman and Superman of Marvel's superhero community (not in popularity but in in-universe status).

Old 04-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #99
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
An FF project would be a go as soon as the FF rights go back to Marvel. It's due to universe building. With Hulk, you can get away with not giving him a film because the character is featured with the Avengers, much like Widow and Hawkeye. The FF are an entirely separate team from the Avengers but are necessary to the MCU almost to the same extent, mainly because of Reed. Reed and Tony are the Batman and Superman of Marvel's superhero community (not in popularity but in in-universe status).
I would hope so, but I can't get past the possibility that the rights might revert and Marvel could say: "Yeah, maybe we'll get around to that in 10 or 15 years."

Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #100
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would hope so, but I can't get past the possibility that the rights might revert and Marvel could say: "Yeah, maybe we'll get around to that in 10 or 15 years."
That's likely, but I think it's more likely they'll want Reed Richards in the MCU as soon as possible.

Closed Thread