The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #76
Six
Six Six Six
 
Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,293
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Maybe they'll think people will believe its an april fools prank, therefore won't rage about it.

Six is online now  
Old 04-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #77
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,593
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

FOX is not that smart

Donut is online now  
Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #78
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,314
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
completely idiotic
Sums up this production quit nicely.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #79
starscream22
Side-Kick
 
starscream22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 399
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
If it's official, it was completely idiotic to release it on April Fools.
This entire reboot is an ongoing April Fools joke so to be fair, FOX isn't really far off base with releasing info on that date.

starscream22 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #80
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

"Production Cancelled" would have been a brutal April Fools joke. Sad I didn't use it.

__________________
Spider-Man 3.1 - Sign the petition!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/spiderman3
henzINNIT is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #81
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

This is a quote from businessweek's profile on Kevin Feige in running Marvel Studios. This is why MS succeeds while Fox and now Sony can't seem to achieve the same level of success

Quote:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-franchises#p1

Despite the shouting, everybody agreed on a fundamental principle: The movies needed to please the hard-core comic book readers first. “Really, you have to start with the loyalists,” says Quesada. “If the loyalists reject it, then we feel that everyone is going to reject it.”
So not to beat a dead horse. This is the main reason why the FF is destined to fail (And maybe DOFP if they strayed too far from the source material)

Its a very good read also. I suggest it

MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!

Edit: This quote is on page four of the article FYI

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #82
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 4,021
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
This is a quote from businessweek's profile on Kevin Feige in running Marvel Studios. This is why MS succeeds while Fox and now Sony can't seem to achieve the same level of success



So not to beat a dead horse. This is the main reason why the FF is destined to fail (And maybe DOFP if they strayed too far from the source material)

Its a very good read also. I suggest it

MAKE MINE MARVEL!!!

Edit: This quote is on page four of the article FYI
It might sound weird, lately the consensus was that the fan base wasn't as important as general audiences, but nowadays, a lot of people that would be "general audience" after or before seeing something on film, they come and ask me stuff like "is it really like that?" "that happened in the comics? like that?". I get the sense that while maybe they don't take the time to read the comics, they wanna know about them, and they wanna trust the films on that.

I guess the same thing happens with books like Harry Potter and LOTR

Kanon is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #83
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,314
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
This is a quote from businessweek's profile on Kevin Feige in running Marvel Studios. This is why MS succeeds while Fox and now Sony can't seem to achieve the same level of success
That's funny, the "experts" around here would have you believe the fanbase is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Or at least that's what they say while trying to defend this turkey.

Personally I'll take Business Week's word and Marvel's proven track record over a tiny handful of anonymous internetters but that's just me.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #84
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,516
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That's funny, the "experts" around here would have you believe the fanbase is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Or at least that's what they say while trying to defend this turkey.

Personally I'll take Business Week's word and Marvel's proven track record over a tiny handful of anonymous internetters but that's just me.
The "experts" supporting Trank's FFINO reboot don't care about the FF so much as they want FOX to keep the character rights away from the mighty MCU .

Zarex is online now  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #85
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,314
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

pretty much, yeah.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #86
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Men Lie

Women Lie

But numbers never lie (Nor are they mistaken)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-franchises#p4

Bet the (So called) "experts" will stay clear of that just keep the validity of their weak arguments about the importance of "Loyalists"


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 04-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #87
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Wonder where Marvel's loyalist sensibilities were when IRON MAN 3 was being made...

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #88
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Wonder where Marvel's loyalist sensibilities were when IRON MAN 3 was being made...
Made for a good "All Hail The King" One Shot

And when RDJ wants to work with a director.. You work with that director

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #89
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,878
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Men Lie

Women Lie

But numbers never lie (Nor are they mistaken)

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-franchises#p4

Bet the (So called) "experts" will stay clear of that just keep the validity of their weak arguments about the importance of "Loyalists"
Very interesting and very depressing graphic.

I think one of the more interesting details is how low the Hulk films are. Forgetting for a moment all the details of studios and the specifics of the films, Hulk and Spider-Man should be Marvel's two biggest properties.

I wonder if Marvel will ever do a Hulk that lives up to its potential.

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #90
starscream22
Side-Kick
 
starscream22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 399
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
"Production Cancelled" would have been a brutal April Fools joke. Sad I didn't use it.
It was actually done on another site but they're notorious for trolling its viewers anyway so no one wasn't fooled. The collective response to it was "I wish it were true."

starscream22 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #91
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Very interesting and very depressing graphic.

I think one of the more interesting details is how low the Hulk films are. Forgetting for a moment all the details of studios and the specifics of the films, Hulk and Spider-Man should be Marvel's two biggest properties.

I wonder if Marvel will ever do a Hulk that lives up to its potential.
One of the only things a disagree with MS is the treatment of the Hulk.. I think its more Disney against it then Feige as he has to probably continuously defending the reason on why another Hulk film should be invested in. Which is funny because Fox is doing the opposite and ignoring the failed FF Box Office/Franchise with both films being less then 10 years apart

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #92
Brutalitops
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 200
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That's funny, the "experts" around here would have you believe the fanbase is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Or at least that's what they say while trying to defend this turkey.

Personally I'll take Business Week's word and Marvel's proven track record over a tiny handful of anonymous internetters but that's just me.
Still waiting for one of them to reply to my post in the Reborn thread listing the huge legitimate question marks around the production. But no, they'll ignore it, because they can't twist it into a positive like they do with everything else. While there is no need for a scorched earth policy here regarding the movie, blind optimism is even worse. Also, I'll puke the next time I see someone call Trank a great director. He very well may be and I did enjoy Chronicle, but to consider him a great director after 1 movie, and a found footage movie at that, is ludicrous. Jumping the gun a bit.

Brutalitops is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #93
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,878
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
One of the only things a disagree with MS is the treatment of the Hulk.. I think its more Disney against it then Feige as he has to probably continuously defending the reason on why another Hulk film should be invested in. Which is funny because Fox is doing the opposite and ignoring the failed FF Box Office/Franchise with both films being less then 10 years apart
That's one thing that makes me nervous about the FF going back to Marvel. The assumption is they'd recognize the value and be all over it, but when you look at Hulk, you have to wonder if FF could face a similar fate.

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #94
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
That's one thing that makes me nervous about the FF going back to Marvel. The assumption is they'd recognize the value and be all over it, but when you look at Hulk, you have to wonder if FF could face a similar fate.
I don't feel that way because Hulk is a dark character. The FF on the other hand is a Family which is something the Disney Loves. If they had the rights the FF would coming out in Phase II instead of GoTG for sure. If they got it this year they'd make a third movie in 2016. Trust.. If they had the rights they wouldn't talking the Incredibles sequel also

Wouldn't it be great if the Incredibles sequel were to be released on 7/14/2017???

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #95
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 7,996
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I wonder if Marvel will ever do a Hulk that lives up to its potential.
The problem with the last 2 live action efforts is they ignored the fact the Hulk is a talking character with his own personality (actually he as a few) and instead have followed too much of the TV show formula in making it all about Banner's character with the Hulk turning up a few times to grunt him out of trouble.

With Avengers it was easier to get away with having all the other characters on show, and certainly it was his best showing so far, but again, apart from that 'Puny God' line he was there to smash stuff and grunt & growl a lot.

Personally, I don't think any solo flick will ever do really well following that tired old TV show formula. They need to present the Hulk as having his own unique personality, an equal/opposite to Banner, rather than it being Bruce having the mother of all temper tantrums a few times in each flick.

When they finally figure that one out, that is when the Hulk will really be done justice and (hopefully) live up to his potential.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #96
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,878
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I don't feel that way because Hulk is a dark character. The FF on the other hand is a Family which is something the Disney Loves.
Yeah, The Hulk is an absolutely amazing character that encompasses some of the great classic literary elements - he's the misunderstood monster of Frankenstein, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and King Kong. . . . he's the awesome and unstoppable force that man created through his ignorance and nuclear ambition the he now can't control like Godzilla. . . he's our most basic emotions released and unchained like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

But he's not a superhero. It's hard to find a story in which he's the good guy just trying to save the world from an evil force and, with a lot of effort, he triumphs in the end, bringing the crowd to their feet and allowing them to leave the theater with a smile on their face.

Probably one of the coolest and most interesting characters in comics, but hard to build a blockbuster around.

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #97
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,878
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
The problem with the last 2 live action efforts is they ignored the fact the Hulk is a talking character with his own personality (actually he as a few) and instead have followed too much of the TV show formula in making it all about Banner's character with the Hulk turning up a few times to grunt him out of trouble.

With Avengers it was easier to get away with having all the other characters on show, and certainly it was his best showing so far, but again, apart from that 'Puny God' line he was there to smash stuff and grunt & growl a lot.

Personally, I don't think any solo flick will ever do really well following that tired old TV show formula. They need to present the Hulk as having his own unique personality, an equal/opposite to Banner, rather than it being Bruce having the mother of all temper tantrums a few times in each flick.When they finally figure that one out, that is when the Hulk will really be done justice and (hopefully) live up to his potential.
Yeah, I think these are all good points. I loved the scenes in the comics in which he was like a child, marvelling at the wonder of the natural world in some peaceful wooded setting . . . and then all hell would break loose.

Except for a few brief moments, we haven't really seen Hulk (as Hulk, not as Banner) as a sympathetic, child-like character who we can relate to and root for.

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #98
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,668
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

An FF project would be a go as soon as the FF rights go back to Marvel. It's due to universe building. With Hulk, you can get away with not giving him a film because the character is featured with the Avengers, much like Widow and Hawkeye. The FF are an entirely separate team from the Avengers but are necessary to the MCU almost to the same extent, mainly because of Reed. Reed and Tony are the Batman and Superman of Marvel's superhero community (not in popularity but in in-universe status).

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #99
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,878
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
An FF project would be a go as soon as the FF rights go back to Marvel. It's due to universe building. With Hulk, you can get away with not giving him a film because the character is featured with the Avengers, much like Widow and Hawkeye. The FF are an entirely separate team from the Avengers but are necessary to the MCU almost to the same extent, mainly because of Reed. Reed and Tony are the Batman and Superman of Marvel's superhero community (not in popularity but in in-universe status).
I would hope so, but I can't get past the possibility that the rights might revert and Marvel could say: "Yeah, maybe we'll get around to that in 10 or 15 years."

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #100
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,668
Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I would hope so, but I can't get past the possibility that the rights might revert and Marvel could say: "Yeah, maybe we'll get around to that in 10 or 15 years."
That's likely, but I think it's more likely they'll want Reed Richards in the MCU as soon as possible.

Shikamaru is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.