The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

View Poll Results: Best Transformer sequel (live action)?
Revenge Of The Fallen 3 15.79%
Dark Of The Moon 4 21.05%
Age Of Extinction 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2014, 03:42 AM   #1
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Best Transformers sequel (live action)?

Well, vote away people, I think overall TF1 will win any overall poll with these movies, and so it should, as its the best movie of the series, but I really enjoyed AoE, it fixed a lot of the problems I had with the 2nd and 3rd movies.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #2
SamualDude
Side-Kick

Default Re: Best Transformers sequel (live action)?

Easily Age of Extinction for me. I actually liked the human characters this time, the story was interesting and I thought the man made Transformers and the introduction of Galvatron were brilliant. Lockdown was easily the best villain the films have had. A lot less Autobots fighting for screentime here which meant we actually got to know them a bit better than in previous movies.

SamualDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:28 AM   #3
def28
Side-Kick

Age Of Extinction.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamualDude View Post
Easily Age of Extinction for me. I actually liked the human characters this time, the story was interesting and I thought the man made Transformers and the introduction of Galvatron were brilliant. Lockdown was easily the best villain the films have had. A lot less Autobots fighting for screentime here which meant we actually got to know them a bit better than in previous movies.
Sums up my feelings perfectly. There are plenty of parts of ROTF and DOTM I like, and both have some of the best moments of the series, but as a whole AoE is just much more satisfying.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

Currently it is Dark of the Moon, but I plan on seeing Age of Extinction this week! So I won't vote just yet

"You experience things, and then they're over."
StarkTheProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

They are all terrible sequels, but Dark of the moon is the least offensive of the bunch.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Easily Age of Extinction

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
inkblaster

Revenge of the Fallen for me. I like all of them, if they're on, I'll watch them, commercials and all, but I like the battle sequences, the bots that are in it, Meagan Fox isn't the damsel in distress, Sam is. Shia plays crazy guy with scrambled brain really well(see current news items), the bad human is a regular bureaucrat.

I think Age of Extinction was just too long overall, really enjoyed Lockdown, thought Mark did a good job as the action hero. I liked the Galvatron/Stinger designs, but wasn't a fan of their transform animation, the explanation of the transformium I groaned at, it was like midichlorians in Star Wars.. Also thought the Dinobots rocked.

inkblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I thought DOTM would get more votes, I remember people liking that movie when it 1st came out.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Dark of The Moon just about.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
fire117
Side-Kick

Easy ROTF. AOE and DOTM sucked.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #12
Loki882
Side-Kick

AOE. ROTF was a crime against cinema and a blight upon the history of fiction. DOTM was a little better, but only in the sense of a polished turd being better than a regular turd. Technically true, but not much of an accomplishment. AOE wasn't completely terrible. It was still stupid, nonsensical, used bad cultural/ethnic stereotypes, terrible portrayals of female characters, and was WAY too long. However, those were toned down in comparison to the previous two films. Also, the villains were cool, the Autobots got some actual screentime/development, Mark Wahlberg is a major upgrade over Shia LaBeouf, and the action was much easier to follow.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #13
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
AOE. ROTF was a crime against cinema and a blight upon the history of fiction. DOTM was a little better, but only in the sense of a polished turd being better than a regular turd. Technically true, but not much of an accomplishment. AOE wasn't completely terrible. It was still stupid, nonsensical, used bad cultural/ethnic stereotypes, terrible portrayals of female characters, and was WAY too long. However, those were toned down in comparison to the previous two films. Also, the villains were cool, the Autobots got some actual screentime/development, Mark Wahlberg is a major upgrade over Shia LaBeouf, and the action was much easier to follow.
Pretty much this.

All films were bad (minus 1), but each sequel gradually improved on the franchise. By Transformers 4, the franchise reached the "dumb junk film" category where the film is overall still bad, but the fights are cool and make it somewhat enjoyable. It's not a good movie by normal movie standards, but it's good by Transformers movie standards. Also 4 actually has a story, unlike 2 and 3. Not necessarily a good story, but a story nonetheless.

At this rate, Transformers 6 or 7 may be a legitimately good movie .

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #14
Chris B
Side-Kick

I'd have to say AOE as well.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #15
FrostBite
Behind you.

Age of Extinction. Only two major faults were the length and the existence of Mark's daughter/ her boyfriend of which I think they said a combined 5 sentences in the movie. Otherwise I thought it was an excellent flick.

A Michael Bay movie isn't bad. It's bad by the cultural standards of western cinema. Why does the Asian market love it? Because they are live action animes. Musclebound heroes, big chested women, grand scale fighting and destruction. Transformers is nothing more than Dragon Ball starring bosses from Kingdom Hearts.
FrostBite is offline   Reply With Quote