The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #26
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #27
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I would love it if Bay would at least give the Decepticons some color...

Old 03-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #28
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I KNEW someone was going to comment on that! I remember misspelling it some time back and people around here got bent out of shape about it... I honestly don't know, or care, how to spell it, so long as i get my point across.
Ok. I thought it may have just been some ongoing joke that I was missing.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #29
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I would love it if Bay would at least give the Decepticons some color...
no color for you

Old 03-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #30
Lord
All Mighty

Well, the three ones in the 3rd film were each unique enough to not need to have different colors.

Quote:
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-28-2014, 03:34 AM   #31
Lord
All Mighty

So, Michael Bay only spent around 165 million on the 4th film. I have to say, he know how to spend money wiselly, The Avengers for example spent some 220 million, yet doesn't look as expensive as his TF films, i'm guessing most of the budget was due to the stars.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #32
Marvin
Side-Kick

This was also a co-production. That begin said, bay is pretty efficient with production money and also production time.

With this budget locked in, I'm thinking this will be one of the highest revenue films this year. Hobbit shot back to back so who knows.

The new poster is pretty sweet. Reminds me of the farm from tmnt 1.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #33
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
So, Michael Bay only spent around 165 million on the 4th film. I have to say, he know how to spend money wiselly, The Avengers for example spent some 220 million, yet doesn't look as expensive as his TF films, i'm guessing most of the budget was due to the stars.
Is 165 mil down from the other films? I've been reading that the TF's in 4 are less clunky i.e having less parts hanging off their bodies, making them easier to render thus costing less money…..

Old 03-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #34
Lord
All Mighty

The 2nd cost 200 million, while the 3rd was some 190 million, i still think those are some incredible results with such a budget, The Avengers must have cost more due to the actors, because when it comes to effects and spectacle it doesn't look even half as expensive.

Quote:
Old 03-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #35
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
The 2nd cost 200 million, while the 3rd was some 190 million, i still think those are some incredible results with such a budget, The Avengers must have cost more due to the actors, because when it comes to effects and spectacle it doesn't look even half as expensive.
avengers actors were paid? jokes aside I'm not so sure their salary was enough to inflate the budget and if their salary was high it might have been by way of back end deals.

I'm sure Whalberg has something similar in place.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #36
Lord
All Mighty

I remember RDJ being paid a lot, either way, if the money didn't go there, then i wonder where the hell it did, because that doesn't really look like something that would take 200 plus million

Quote:
Old 03-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #37
JasonB

Who knows how much Mark will get for this ... Wahlberg is one of the top 25 most richest actors in US with a net worth of over 200 million dollars.

Some estimate between 16 and 18 mill

Old 03-29-2014, 05:04 AM   #38
Ipodman
Love Tension

Avengers looked as high budget as any Transformers movie to me...

Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 AM   #39
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
Avengers looked as high budget as any Transformers movie to me...
Really? I didn't find it like that at all, i mean, this is Michael Bay we're talking, these films are explosion after explosion and even it's not we have expensive and very complex CGI transforming robots. The Avengers has the main heroes as humans much of the time and even the city battle wasn't all as destructive as the one from TF 3.

As is often said with Lone Ranger, it seems to me like The Avengers spent much more money than it needed to, if you found the spectacle that amazing then good for you, but i didn't think it was better or worse than in most other blockbusters, i actually found much of the action quite bland and simple, sometimes it even felt like a tv show to be honest.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #40
def28
Side-Kick

Effects wise it looked just as high budget if not more in parts. Avengers has top notch work there. Every dollar looks spent and on display. People didn't rave about it cause it lacked in that area.

Last edited by def28; 03-29-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #41
Lord
All Mighty

People didn't rave because they were too excited by seeing all those heroes together to actually take that much notice in the effects or the story, that's why you sometimes see posts like: "I loved it when i first saw it, but has gotten worse in successive viewings."

He's not a great storyteller, but special effects and action is where Michael Bay shines the brightest and tries to improve the most, Joss Whedon has never handled such a large production and as Roger Ebert said, his Directing was serviceable at best, not to mention that he's more interested in character interaction, so his spectacle doesn't look half as amazing to me.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2014, 03:02 AM   #42
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
People didn't rave because they were too excited by seeing all those heroes together to actually take that much notice in the effects or the story, that's why you sometimes see posts like: "I loved it when i first saw it, but has gotten worse in successive viewings."

He's not a great storyteller, but special effects and action is where Michael Bay shines the brightest and tries to improve the most, Joss Whedon has never handled such a large production and as Roger Ebert said, his Directing was serviceable at best, not to mention that he's more interested in character interaction, so his spectacle doesn't look half as amazing to me.
If TA's strength was character work rather than action, wouldn't it decline relatively slowly on repeat viewings?

Old 03-30-2014, 03:05 AM   #43
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Is this true? We heard this a while back but I cant see it being true, unless its very different from the previous movies even in terms of action. Even TF1 adjusted for inflation would have cost more than that.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #44
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

New Poster:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #45
universeman
Side-Kick

Is that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Unicron!

Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #46
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think it's just a ship, but if Bay is unleashing you know who in this flick or the subsequent one we don't know yet.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #47
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

Bay is actually one of my favorite technical directors, so I'm not throwing him under the bus. I prefer his cinematography much more over Whedons in Avengers.

I disagree alot with your views on Avengers though, that film puts out on the effects pretty damn well. It's not just Joss Whedon handling the thing. There are a ton of top level animators who know exactly whats happening months before anything is shot. Avengers has held up for me extremely solid, and I rarely see people having issues with it looking like a small budget film. I've never seen that actually...

Last edited by def28; 03-30-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:24 AM   #48
dark_b
Side-Kick

its the ship from the bounty hunter from the trailers. or whats his name?

its not that big.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:25 AM   #49
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post

its the ship from the bounty hunter from the trailers. or whats his name?

its not that big.
Lockdown

Old 03-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #50
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Bay is actually one of my favorite technical directors, so I'm not throwing him under the bus. I prefer his cinematography much more over Whedons in Avengers.

I disagree alot with your views on Avengers though, that film puts out on the effects pretty damn well. It's not just Joss Whedon handling the thing. There are a ton of top level animators who know exactly whats happening months before anything is shot. Avengers has held up for me extremely solid, and I rarely see people having issues with it looking like a small budget film. I've never seen that actually...
Well, i guess it's true, the effects were indeed good enough, i guess it was the cinematography what hurt them for me. But the Transformers movies had many more "explosions", it was full of action and every bit of the robots on screen must have cost a ton. For every 10 minutes of special effects on The Avengers, TF 3 had 30 minutes of that. Even the city battle had building after building crumbling to the ground, the damage in The Avengers was much better contained by the heroes.

About it looking like a small budgeted films, what i see now and then is people saying the cinematography looked from TV, sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Closed Thread