The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 02-13-2016, 03:52 AM   #1
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default A Deadpool/Wolverine team-up movie?

This was suggested on another board. An R-Rated team-up film with Wolverine and Deadpool. It'd almost be Fox's response to Batman v. Superman or Civil War.

With Deadpool going to open to over 90+ million as of current predictions, one can only imagine the opening weekend with Hugh reprising the role there.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: A Deadpool/Wolverine team-up movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It'd almost be Fox's response to Batman v. Superman or Civil War.
No, that'd be Apocalypse.

I would like to see Deadpool and Wolverine tag-teaming after ripping each other to shreds.

2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I don't think Jackman will change his mind, I think he knows if he goes back on it then he will have to leave again and no one will take him seriously next time

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Would the more grounded Wolverine of the Singer-verse mesh with the very comic book friendly Reynold's Deadpool? Methinks they should wait for Jackman to be done and recast Wolverine -- a vastly more comic book one with his yellow spandex -- in a Deadpool movie.

Yes. That would be good. The expected 'outrage' of a new Wolverine would be mitigated by him debuting in the Deadpool franchise.

They've lost a lot of their original innocence, and they can't get that back. And, they're stuck, it seems, in this kind of depressive ghetto of grimness and psychosis. I'm not too proud of being the author of that regrettable trend.
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Would the more grounded Wolverine of the Singer-verse mesh with the very comic book friendly Reynold's Deadpool?
That contrast is precisely why I would advocate this.
They sort of attempted that with the whole straight-laced X-Men, which were good for gags but would have resonated more if they were tonally from the "Singer-verse".

Plus, it's not like Deadpool didn't have its "grounded" moments nor The Wolverine its "comic book"-y moments.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:37 PM   #6
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
They sort of attempted that with the whole straight-laced X-Men, which were good for gags but would have resonated more if they were tonally from the "Singer-verse".

Plus, it's not like Deadpool didn't have its "grounded" moments nor The Wolverine its "comic book"-y moments.
Yeah they did sort of do that already with the first Wade Wilson Wolverine encounter in Origins.

Wolverine is precisely supposed to be the straight-man in that duo.

As for Hugh, he seems to be adamant this would be his last solo film but I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't crossed out future cameos and he may be open to a co-headlining role.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #7
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

If anything I'd like to see him do an Xforce movie then bow out. I'm hoping the give the Wolverine character a break for awhile before jumping back into the character after Jackmans final performance.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:28 AM   #8
kasjan
Side-Kick

There wasn't any reference to Logan's DNA in Deadpool movie.
Just simple serum, taken by everybody in Ajax's project, not even word about 'Weapon X'.
MEH...

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #9
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
I am not talking about the tone discrepancies that come from the straight man/ funny man dynamic, I am talking about the tone of universes/realities. Jackman's Wolverine brings all the serious and grounded Singer-verse baggage with him -- the very idea of him donning the yellow spandex is ludicrous -- and when you put him in with the 4th wall breaking, CGI-animated white eyed Deadpool, it's almost like putting in a real person with an animated character; like putting Bruce Willis with Bugs Bunny. It makes no sense.

Quote:
The Wolverine's comic-bookey moments prove my point. The third act was the most consistently bashed element of the movie. With the biggest criticism being that the tone of the comic-bookey third act doesn't mesh at all with the gritty first two-thirds of the movie. Putting him with Deadpool -- who is even more ridiculous than anything in the Wolverine -- would compound that disconnect through the entire film.

They've lost a lot of their original innocence, and they can't get that back. And, they're stuck, it seems, in this kind of depressive ghetto of grimness and psychosis. I'm not too proud of being the author of that regrettable trend.
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #10
wampa1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Just simple serum, taken by everybody in Ajax's project, not even word about 'Weapon X'.
MEH...
The sequel could easily retcon those experiments as an underground offshoot of Weapon X.

If Hugh is genuinely done, I'd use Deadpool 2 as the vehicle to launch your new Wolverine. The 4th wall gags would be worth it alone.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #11
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
I am not talking about the tone discrepancies that come from the straight man/ funny man dynamic, I am talking about the tone of universes/realities. Jackman's Wolverine brings all the serious and grounded Singer-verse baggage with him -- the very idea of him donning the yellow spandex is ludicrous none of the characters here are in spandex -- and when you put him in with the 4th wall breaking, CGI-animated white eyed Deadpool, it's almost like putting in a real person with an animated character like almost every other superhero flick these days; like putting Bruce Willis with Bugs Bunny or Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It makes no sense.

The Wolverine's comic-bookey moments prove my point. The third act was the most consistently bashed element of the movie. With the biggest criticism being that the tone of the comic-bookey third act doesn't mesh at all with the gritty first two-thirds of the movie. Putting him with Deadpool -- who is even more ridiculous than anything in the Wolverine -- would compound that disconnect through the entire film.
Actually, this is exactly what I was addressing.
You also stated the point I was anticipating.
They either tacked on those comic-bookey moments too late into the movie or those moments simply didn't mesh with the prevailing context,
so it's a matter of how to balance that out to make the two simultaneous perspectives immersive. ie That disconnect, portrayed well, is why I'm game for this.

Oh and Deadpool's cartoonish outlook is treated as his insanity.
There isn't any cartoon physics to warp the reality around other characters nor is that perceived as how he gets hurt.

Last edited by 2kt09; 02-14-2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #12
BlackFox
Captain Deadpool??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5lY4b74qY4

Triple Nine 6.6/10 Warcarft 6.1/10 TMNT2 5/10 Jason Bourne ?/10 Assassins Creed ?/10 SW:Rogue One ?/10 DD Season 2 8.8/10
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #13
eon001
Side-Kick

I've been campaigning for a new actor to play Wolverine for a few years now, but I would love to see Hugh and Ryan on screen for one more movie. The have such great chemistry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SdHF_GfssE
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Deadpool movie would be the perfect place to handover the Wolverine title to the new actor. Maybe Cables appearance fluctuates the time stream causing the change in appearance to Wolveriene and Deadpool makes a bunch of 4th wall cracks, like "who the f*** is this and where the f*** is Hugh?"

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Slushy
JB-007

Quote:
MEH...
Yeah, but I just assumed the recruiter worked on behalf of Stryker given all the secrecy behind the program.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #15
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

The X-Men people probably didn't want to be associated with the "little" Deadpool project at first. Now they'd pay good money to make it happen.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #16
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Unless Hugh is willing to have a role in a X-force movie (but not the lead), then I would just limit to a cameo/small roie in one another's movie and not a full blown Wolverine/Deadpool movie.

Avi Arad was to Spider-man what Jon Peters was like to Superman. Which makes Venom his giant effin' spider.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:21 AM   #17
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Could be cool but highly unlikely.

Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Civil War, Beyond, Ghostbusters, Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan, Angry Birds, Out of the Shadows, Through the Looking Glass, Collision Course, Resurgence, Warcraft.

www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #18
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

No; just No.

Deadpool looks and feels like one of those horrible "spoof movies" that were all the rage a few years back, and, in spite of its commercial success, should really be relegated to being nothing more than a "sideshow" when it comes to the larger "prime" X-Verse.

Keep it as far away as possible from the rest of the "prime" X-Verse stuff - and especially Wolverine - so that the franchise doesn't go off the rails narratively.

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote