The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #101
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Advance Screening Fan/Critic Reactions - CA:TWS - SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!! - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Can someone please give me a run down of the Arnim Zola stuff? I have looked back through the thread and can't find a detailed description of it.

Thanks.

-R
Well from what I've read and heard...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It seems as though Zola was recruited by either SHIELD or the government after Steve Rogers was presumed dead back in the forties.

It's because of Zola that Hydra agents were apparently able to infiltrate SHIELD.

His mind was eventually downloaded onto some databases and he has a convo with Steve when he and Natasha enters into one of SHIELD's bunkers before he sets off an explosion in an attempt to kill them.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #102
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Advance Screening Fan/Critic Reactions - CA:TWS - SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!! - Part

---

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 03-21-2014 at 10:53 PM. Reason: derp
EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #103
jse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yup. Whedon has no problem orchestrating action scenes. Silly to suggest otherwise after what those other characters did. He couldve done more with Cap, but it has nothing to do with supposed deficiencies in his action expertise. Critique of this kind is on par with "it looks like a tv show".
I agree. I thought the River Tam fight scene from Serenity was pretty awesome:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Avengers did give Captain America a crazy H2H/Acrobatic sequence but it wasn't done practically.. it was all done digitally by ILM. It was also VERY short... a blink-you'll-miss-it type thing. It was during the crazy-long tracking sequence when Iron Man and Him were fighting aliens on the viaduct.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I remember way back before CA:TFA came out when Kevin Feige had a live online chat session with the fans. I asked him if TFA was gonna showcase Cap's fighting ability in such a way that it'll give the audience the impression that he can handily kick Jason Bourne's ass, KF answered something like, "why would they fight? they'd join forces!"

A very diplomatic answer to be sure, and i when i did watch TFA i ended up being more impressed with what Captain Emil Blonsky did with his version of SS than what Captain Rogers did with his (acrobatics- and fighting-wise). I mean it made sense for the story that Cap would barely be trained at all in h2h because he was basically a mascot up until he freed the POWs. And then they went into montage mode (which i didn't like at all) and at this point he was just learning on the job.

However after seeing the first 10 minutes of TWS, I am very happy . hoping to see more of Cap's bad-assery on screen. Too bad i have to wait 2 more weeks .

jse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #104
speno94
Side-Kick

For those who seen the film, how would you compare Cap 2 to other Marvel sequels not in the MCU such as X-Men 2, Spider-Man 2 etc as well as First Class etc?

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #105
Loki882
Side-Kick

To be fair, TFA was a WWII period piece, so having a ton of fancy martial arts move would have felt out of place. In the present-day however, it makes sense for Cap's fighting style to be more varied and dynamic. He's had time to study up.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #106
EZIO619
Side-Kick

what are the major changes that happen in this film that affect the MCU?

where are the characters left at the end of the film?

what are the various encounters between Cap and Winter Soldier and what did u think of each of them?

what are your favorite action sequences in the film

from whom or where does the most emotion in the film come from?

Movies i have seen in 2014-The Lego Movie(Great)-Robocop(decent), Next Film:The Raid 2

Last edited by EZIO619; 03-22-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: add more
EZIO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:26 AM   #107
TonyHulkedSBTB

Dying to know...
Where does Steve end up at the end of the movie-is it true that he goes to look for Bucky?
Also, where does Fury end up if SHIELD is gone?

TonyHulkedSBTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #108
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHulkedSBTB View Post
Dying to know...
Where does Steve end up at the end of the movie-is it true that he goes to look for Bucky?
1. Yes, and sounds like Sam was going to help.
2. Said he was headed to Europe to handle some things, which for him could mean some spy/intelligence stuff he was still working on.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:41 AM   #109
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jse View Post
I agree. I thought the River Tam fight scene from Serenity was pretty awesome:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Avengers did give Captain America a crazy H2H/Acrobatic sequence but it wasn't done practically.. it was all done digitally by ILM. It was also VERY short... a blink-you'll-miss-it type thing. It was during the crazy-long tracking sequence when Iron Man and Him were fighting aliens on the viaduct.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I remember way back before CA:TFA came out when Kevin Feige had a live online chat session with the fans. I asked him if TFA was gonna showcase Cap's fighting ability in such a way that it'll give the audience the impression that he can handily kick Jason Bourne's ass, KF answered something like, "why would they fight? they'd join forces!"

A very diplomatic answer to be sure, and i when i did watch TFA i ended up being more impressed with what Captain Emil Blonsky did with his version of SS than what Captain Rogers did with his (acrobatics- and fighting-wise). I mean it made sense for the story that Cap would barely be trained at all in h2h because he was basically a mascot up until he freed the POWs. And then they went into montage mode (which i didn't like at all) and at this point he was just learning on the job.

However after seeing the first 10 minutes of TWS, I am very happy . hoping to see more of Cap's bad-assery on screen. Too bad i have to wait 2 more weeks .
Yea I actually made a video about that. I even slowed it down multiple times and zoomed in.

Captian America action sequence close up and slowed down
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #110
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHulkedSBTB View Post
Dying to know...
Nat hands Steve a dossier on Bucky and leaves then Steve and Sam have an exchange and Steve says something like "I'm not asking you to come with me" and Sam replies "When do we start?" Steve- "We just did." cuts to black

Fury is going after the rest of Hydra who escaped the purge, he's heading to Europe following a lead he asks Steve and Sam to go with but they refuse, Sam says "I'm a solider not a spy"

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #111
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I read that after the Limerian Star scene, there aren't many action sequences until the finale, which is around 40 minutes later. What happens during that 40 minutes?

Old 03-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #112
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

So does HYDRA have a specific ideology in this movie?

Old 03-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #113
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
So does HYDRA have a specific ideology in this movie?

I sure hope part of that ideology is getting their true leader, the Red Skull, back. I'd love to see it noted that some of the advanced tech that HYDRA has been working on was specifically for the purpose of trying to find and retrieve their long-lost leader.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #114
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I read that after the Limerian Star scene, there aren't many action sequences until the finale, which is around 40 minutes later. What happens during that 40 minutes?
That's a lie, this film is full of great action sequences.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #115
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Doesnt have to be a lie , people have tendecy to rate action scenes Big, Small, Medium .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #116
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
That's a lie, this film is full of great action sequences.
Well how many big action scenes are there and what is the pace of them?

Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #117
Web Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
For those who seen the film, how would you compare Cap 2 to other Marvel sequels not in the MCU such as X-Men 2, Spider-Man 2 etc as well as First Class etc?
This is my personal rating compared to those films you listed.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. First Class
4. X-Men 2

I might be biased because I am a huge Spidey fan though.

Web Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #118
Web Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well how many big action scenes are there and what is the pace of them?

This will have some spoilers obviously

1. Captain America/Black Widow/ and Rumlow taking over Batroc's ship.
2. Nick Fury highway chase scene (fantastic scene)
3. Captain America chasing down winter soldier on rooftops
4. Elevator fight scene, which leads to Captain america fleeing from SHIELD and fighting the QuinnJet
5. Captain America/Widow/Falcon versus Winter Solider and goons on highway (another fantastic scene)
6. Final Battle which includes Widow with Pierce, and Falcon and Captain fighting on Helicarriers. Falcon versus Winter Soldier one on and one, and Captain fights Winter Soldier one on one. Also Sam Wilson(loses his falcon wings) and fights Rumlow(pre-crossbones)

Old 03-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #119
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Head View Post

This will have some spoilers obviously

1. Captain America/Black Widow/ and Rumlow taking over Batroc's ship.
2. Nick Fury highway chase scene (fantastic scene)
3. Captain America chasing down winter soldier on rooftops
4. Elevator fight scene, which leads to Captain america fleeing from SHIELD and fighting the QuinnJet
5. Captain America/Widow/Falcon versus Winter Solider and goons on highway (another fantastic scene)
6. Final Battle which includes Widow with Pierce, and Falcon and Captain fighting on Helicarriers. Falcon versus Winter Soldier one on and one, and Captain fights Winter Soldier one on one. Also Sam Wilson(loses his falcon wings) and fights Rumlow(pre-crossbones)
Thanks, sounds good. Does

Cap's motorcycle blow up after the Quinjet scene?

Old 03-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #120
Web Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks, sounds good. Does

Cap's motorcycle blow up after the Quinjet scene?
I do not remember. He jumps off of the Motorcylce and onto the Quinjet, kinda like in Wolverine Origins when he jumps from the motorcycle onto the Helicopter. I don't remember him using it after that though.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #121
jse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
To be fair, TFA was a WWII period piece, so having a ton of fancy martial arts move would have felt out of place. In the present-day however, it makes sense for Cap's fighting style to be more varied and dynamic. He's had time to study up.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie a lot up until where it hits the montage sequence. I liked the last 1940's sequence as well, after his fight with the Red Skull, where Steve is talking on comms to Peggy, as well as the waking-in-the-modern-world sequence.

Anyway, it wasn't just the lack of [eastern] martial arts per se. Even Cap's fight with the Skull was very much lacklustre. Seems like in the couple or so years as a super soldier before he got frozen, Cap never quite upped his sophistication in fighting. And it's not just in the fighting either, even the way Cap runs in the montage sequence doesn't make him look supersoldier-y. IMO could've also used a bit more showcasing of his heightened abilities other than his strength--such as his agility, reflexes/reaction time. Chris Evans mentioned the video game. Cap's fighting style didn't look out of place there and I think they could've made that type of style work in TFA. It was the first outing and I understand that. I'm just glad they're making up for it in this film. I'd still want to see Cap eventually dodging bullets and not just deflecting them with his shield though... but that's just me knit-picking lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Yea I actually made a video about that. I even slowed it down multiple times and zoomed in.

Captian America action sequence close up and slowed down

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Haha that's awesome. Didn't realize this vid was yours. Yeah this sequence is so blink-and-you'll miss it that I didn't catch this in theaters... not until the blu-ray came out pretty much.

jse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #122
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

How much is Rumlow's transition into "Crossbones" hinted at (or even outright revealed)?

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #123
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

He wears a cross around his neck made out of bones in the movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #124
Web Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
How much is Rumlow's transition into "Crossbones" hinted at (or even outright revealed)?
He is in it a fair amount, and he is clearly shown to be a bad guy. At the end of the movie Rumlow and Sam Wilson are running out of the Triskelion which has been hit by a Helicarrier. Rumlow gets trapped but Sam makes it out in time. At the very end it shows Rumlow going into the ER and he is badly hurt head to toe with major cuts, and it looked like even a few burns.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #125
Web Head
Side-Kick

I think something that is driving me crazy, even after seeing this movie, and I really hope its not brushed off in Avengers: Age of Ultron

WHERE THE HELL IS HAWKEYE?? During the entire fall of SHIELD, he doesn't even get a name drop, or any type of mention. I really thought somebody would've said " What about Barton, can we trust him?" and Widow say something like "yes, but he is in blah blah blah" or something. But nothing nada, just seems very odd to me.