The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #26
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiting Arkham View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yes, Zola is completely AI, he apparently died from disease in the 1970's, hence why so much room is needed to store his consciousness. I guess you could explain away him suddenly being so malevolent by saying it's the AI and not the human Zola who is speaking to Cap, so he is merely looking at HYDRA controlling the world in the most logical of viewpoints.

They show a newsreel from the mid 20th century to present day over Zola's speech, implying HYDRA has been involved in almost every war and conflict over the decades, making things more and more chaotic and giving SHIELD/the government more power to exert control such as surveillance and drone warfare. They don't come right out and say that they've meddled in the events of all the films that have come before, but it's strongly implied through...

Senator Stern! It appears he's been HYDRA the whole time, making his crusade against Tony Stark seem like a vendetta to get the Iron Man tech away from private citizens and into the hands of HYDRA. Agent Sitwell has also been HYDRA this whole time, so you have to really question SHIELD's motives throughout the timeline.
i wonder if
iJustin Hammer was affiliated with Hydra.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #27
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

This makes everything in the MCU that much more personal for Cap in the MCU.

I hope Ultron has something to do with corrupt SHIELD. I hope Ultron is some sort of HYDRA-aligned villain to make it more personal for Cap.

Loki was personal to Thor in Avengers, and in AoU I hope Ultron is personal to Stark while HYDRA's involvement is personal to Rogers.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #28
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

This film IS the perfect Captain America movie and does complete justice to both characters in the title. Steve's adaptation to the new world is put to rest within the first scene but the larger ideals such as freedom that he used to stand for are a big part of the overarching story and as such provide interesting social commentary whilst maintaining suspense, humour, action and the comic book tone. But the film is also doused with heart, you feel everything Steve does which is in every part down to Evans acting and no more is this evident than when he confronts The Winter Soldier which provide some great scenes.

Each character gets their time to shine, in particular Black Widow. SLJ brings his performance of Nick Fury up a notch and each scene he is in is everything you'd want from the character. The Falcon and Sharon serve more as introductory roles but still get some great moments in the film, same goes for Maria Hill, Brock Rumlow and Alexander Pierce with one of the coolest scenes coming from Arnim Zola.

From start to finish the film delivers on every level, if you are a fan of what Marvel Studios is doing you'll love this film, the GA will love this film, the only people who won't are people who have something against comic book films, well jokes on them because this is very much a thriller/spy flick first it's just simply set within the MCU, a comic book world.

5/5 for me.

Oh and The Winter Soldier he's just badass.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #29
bsquad
Side-Kick

This sounds like it ties into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D really well too, with Coulson and his team starting to question a lot of what S.H.I.E.L.D is doing as of late. Coulson even mentions not being able to find Fury. If it gets a second season I wonder how that will go down.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #30
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

I was great!

Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #31
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiting Arkham View Post
Yes, it begins with Zola (who I thought was pretty reluctant about HYDRA, but alright) uploaded into a gigantic room of computers to fit his entire AI, and from there Zola explains how HYDRA has been sowing seeds of chaos for over 50 years (putting the events of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe into question), and then it's revealed how characters we've seen throughout the films have been HYDRA the entire time, whispering "Hail HYDRA into each others ears when they get the chance.

It turns a gritty conspiracy film into an Illuminati-esque, decades spanning infiltration of the world's most powerful institutions, almost an Invasion of the Body Snatchers situation. The Russos pull it off very well though, and instead of feeling bowled over by the twist, I couldn't help but smile at the absolute courage it took to pull of something so massive.
Makes you wonder how they would be able to do an Agent Carter show now. That was supposed to be about the early days of Shield, but now knowing HYDRA has been infiltrating them for 50 years, it makes the whole series seems pointless as you know the end game. Every episode will have people asking "Is Hydra involved?"

Old 03-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #32
Pond
Side-Kick

A question for those who have seen it:

How does Strucker look? Is it his bald with monocule comic look or rather a german Hydra official without much to make him unique?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #33
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
A question for those who have seen it:

How does Strucker look? Is it his bald with monocule comic look or rather a german Hydra official without much to make him unique?

Thanks in advance.
You won't be disappointed

Old 03-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #34
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Having the pleasure of seeing this twice before anyone else, I can finally talk about the film. Sorry, been extremely busy for the last couple of days.

Cap 2 is not only the definitive Captain america film, but it's the best film fro Marvel Studios beating out IM3 and the Avengers imo. The Russo's have proved themselves and it's no wonder why Marvel needs them back for the 3rd installment.

The most impressive thing about the film was the directing. The action was well shot and choreographed with some amazing hand to hand combat (in particular WS vs Cap). The 3rd act was the most impressive for me, with Falcon played by Anthony Mackie being the real standout. He owned the role and was a lot more utilized than Rhodey. He had some great banter with Cap. A lot of depth was given to Steve's character, we really get to know Steve in this film (providing one of the most emotional scenes in the film). For those who were dissapointed with the 'Man out of time' sequence being cut out of the Avengers, I have good news, it's there in this film.

Natasha's character is given some depth too (something that will be explored more in AOU). Redford's character was great and proved to be a worthwhile BTS villain and even though WS was played to be the main villain in the trailers, he's not. He was great and proved to be a worthy opponent for Cap. The film os heavy on plot, like IM3 it requires one to pay extra attention when watching the film or you will miss several things. There's few surprises there and there which I'll discuss in a spoiler filled review. If there's one major gripe I have with the film would be the score. I found it to be meh.

It was a thrilling and emotional rollercoaster. I walked out of the theatre happy and I can not wait to see where the Russos take Cap in the 3rd installment. 4/5. Go see it in IMAX 3D.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #35
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Thanks for your input TeeKay. Looking forward to your 'spoiler-filled review'.

Was the 'big event' that supposedly 'shakes the MCU to its core' really a big event?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #36
Ultron-5
The One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Thanks for your input TeeKay. Looking forward to your 'spoiler-filled review'.

Was the 'big event' that supposedly 'shakes the MCU to its core' really a big event?
Yes, it is a big event.

Last edited by Ultron-5; 03-21-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #37
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

For those that have seen it, do you guys feel the screen time for the film was right or would you guys have preferred it to be either longer or shorte?

Old 03-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #38
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

[clicks heels together]I will not click on spoiler tags, I will not click on spoiler tags[click, click, click]

Old 03-22-2014, 04:25 AM   #39
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
[clicks heels together]I will not click on spoiler tags, I will not click on spoiler tags[click, click, click]
I read half a Spoiler and just quit. I even forgot what I read.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #40
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I've read every single spoiler I've come across.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #41
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

For those who have seen it, what is Stan Lee's cameo?

Robocop-6.5 Non-Stop-8.5 Need for Speed-4 Captain America:The Winter Soldier-10 The Amazing Spider-Man 2-10 Godzilla-7.5
X-Men: Days of Future Past- 8
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #42
Web Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectacular View Post
For those who have seen it, what is Stan Lee's cameo?
He is a guard at the Smithsonian museum. Steve goes back to get his Captain America costume they have on display, and Stan Lee says "I am so fired"

Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #43
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Head View Post
He is a guard at the Smithsonian museum. Steve goes back to get his Captain America costume they have on display, and Stan Lee says "I am so fired"
lol, love it.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #44
Visiting Arkham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
lol, love it.
What's great about the line reading is Stan drags out the "Ffff" in fired, so you think for a split second he's going to say, "I am so ****ed."

Old 03-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #45
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Makes you wonder how they would be able to do an Agent Carter show now. That was supposed to be about the early days of Shield, but now knowing HYDRA has been infiltrating them for 50 years, it makes the whole series seems pointless as you know the end game. Every episode will have people asking "Is Hydra involved?"
SO Hydra has been secretly trying to overthrow the world. Just like I anticipated I still think 10 rings try to pick up and Mandarin will have something to do with all this

Old 03-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #46
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Well, in a recent interview with the Agent Carter pilot writers (it hasn't been filmed yet), they explain that the show would actually take place while Agent Carter was still working at the SSR (as she was in the One-Shot) and still struggling for recognition as a woman in that environment. The series would probably end with that call from Howard Stark.

So, SHIELD wouldn't even exist yet in Agent Carter, and therefore neither would HYDRA's involvement.

ゴジラ
Old 03-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #47
RickCoronel
Side-Kick

But they also said that if the first season did well and people liked it then season would take place in 1947, the following year.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #48
Visiting Arkham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
SO Hydra has been secretly trying to overthrow the world. Just like I anticipated I still think 10 rings try to pick up and Mandarin will have something to do with all this
What would be REALLY cool is if in Captain America 3, they find a way to integrate HYDRA, AIM, and the Ten Rings into a worldwide turf war. AIM and the Ten Rings can be at war for the Mandarin debacle and Killian using the Ten Rings to control the war economy, and they both could have beef with HYDRA since they were pawns to give SHIELD that much more power. They could even find a way to integrate CENTIPEDE from AoS (assuming they aren't part of one of the previous groups mentioned).

Maybe the plot involves Bucky tracking down and killing HYDRA agents that have used him throughout the years, and this pulls Cap and Falcon into this worldwide conflict between all these organizations. Hell you could even use the "real" Mandarin alluded to in All Hail the King. With SHIELD dead this would be a really cool way to use what they've established in the previous films and continue the Winter Soldier story. Can you imagine? The Mandarin leading the Ten Rings, Baron von Strucker fronting HYDRA, and introducing... drumroll... MODOK as the new head of AIM.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #49
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCoronel View Post
But they also said that if the first season did well and people liked it then season would take place in 1947, the following year.
I've not yet seen TWS, so I'm not sure exactly when Zola said he got affiliated with SHIELD...but if he wasn't a founding member and was brought on board even a year or two after SHIELD was started, then they could still have the second season be all about the early days of SHIELD without HYDRA playing any role whatsoever. Maybe even the have the series conclude with Zola being brought in and allude to the fact that his loyalties may lie elsewhere.

ゴジラ
Old 03-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #50
RickCoronel
Side-Kick

Yeah, I haven't seen it either so it's possible that they could do a few seasons since I don't know if they mentioned a specific date in the film.

Closed Thread