The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #51
bsquad
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

If Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D gets a 2nd season that'll be really interesting to see, taking into account what happens in this movie.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #52
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Well, in a recent interview with the Agent Carter pilot writers (it hasn't been filmed yet), they explain that the show would actually take place while Agent Carter was still working at the SSR (as she was in the One-Shot) and still struggling for recognition as a woman in that environment. The series would probably end with that call from Howard Stark.

So, SHIELD wouldn't even exist yet in Agent Carter, and therefore neither would HYDRA's involvement.
If they do a Agent Carter series I hope they get some top niche writers.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #53
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Well, in a recent interview with the Agent Carter pilot writers (it hasn't been filmed yet), they explain that the show would actually take place while Agent Carter was still working at the SSR (as she was in the One-Shot) and still struggling for recognition as a woman in that environment. The series would probably end with that call from Howard Stark.

So, SHIELD wouldn't even exist yet in Agent Carter, and therefore neither would HYDRA's involvement.
I don't know if I like that. I don't like series that are supposed to be prequels (see Smallville). Knowing we've already seen the end of the series, it would reduce the stakes.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #54
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I don't know if I like that. I don't like series that are supposed to be prequels (see Smallville). Knowing we've already seen the end of the series, it would reduce the stakes.
So you don't have to watch it then. Veryyyyyy simple.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #55
Kato
Banned User

The movie hasn´t yet had a real negative critic has it?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #56
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
The movie hasn´t yet had a real negative critic has it?
I think I read one negative review. But yeah, general consensus seems to love it, even comparing it to IM1 and TA.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #57
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

So, best fistfigths and gunfights I've seen in marvel universe so far.

Sola aparittion was exactly as I predicted.

Is it me or everything is infiltrated by everythingin the marvel universe?

It like their leymotif.

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 03-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #58
JK525252

Yea can someone please post a complete rundown of the film, like a Wikipedia plot summary thing? I can't help but indulge myself in complete spoilers. Also just how brutal and graphic does this film get?

Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #59
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

A guy gets his tongue ripped off by an octopus, pretty brutal.

Lol.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #60
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
So you don't have to watch it then. Veryyyyyy simple.
You've got a real problem. You seem to think people aren't allowed to have any kind of different opinion than 100% enjoyment. If they express any kind of concern or criticism, you attack them.

You should take your own advice before responding to posts you don't like.

Last edited by samsnee; 03-23-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #61
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Looks like kato also had a negative critic.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 03-23-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #62
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Question to hose who have seen it:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
How many times does Bucky pick up Cap's shield, and is there any sort of significance to it? At what point(s) does he pick it up?

Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #63
Minxie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Question to hose who have seen it:

How many times does Bucky pick up Cap's shield, and is there any sort of significance to it? At what point(s) does he pick it up?
He handles the shield at least 3 times from what I remember? Including the rooftop scene, the fight in the streets, and their final fight on the helicarrier. Basically every encounter he has with Steve has a moment where Bucky is holding/throwing the shield. The most significant moment is during the street fight because there's a really cool shot of Bucky wielding the shield on his arm right before going back in for an attack, and it's a very obvious nod to BuckyCap from the comics.

Interestingly enough, this scene was never in the movie (at least I don't remember it):

^^ I'm not surprised, tho. That scene only ever showed up in a special IMAX trailer I think? I thought for a long time that it was probably just something cool looking they filmed for promotional purposes. It's possible it came from an older cut of the street fight scene, where Bucky had the smeared eyes. I remember there were BTS photos of Sebastian having that make up on while on the causeway/street fight set, so my theory is they re-shot everything without the make up and preferred it that way?

Old 03-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #64
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

I also loved the bits where Captain America ripped his own toes and used them as projectiles before reattaching them.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #65
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
You've got a real problem. You seem to think people aren't allowed to have any kind of different opinion than 100% enjoyment. If they express any kind of concern or criticism, you attack them.

You should take your own advice before responding to posts you don't like.
Not what I'm saying at all. People are allowed to their opinions obviously I don't care. But you say you don't like prequel type series. So I'm telling you if Agent Carter series turns out to be a prequel series, then just don't watch it. Very simple. You can have your opinion not liking prequels. The logical thing then would be to not watch anything that's a prequel.

I don't like pears, I don't like the way they taste. So ya know what I do? I don't eat them haha. Same thing dude. Just saying if you don't like prequels and if that's what agent Carter turns out to be, then don't watch it. Makes enough sense to me.

Dats it!

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #66
Six
Six Six Six

I agree, Broseph, you should cool it with the snarkiness.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #67
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I like pears.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #68
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
I also loved the bits where Captain America ripped his own toes and used them as projectiles before reattaching them.
Wait, what?

Guardians of the Galaxy- ?/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
No strings on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There's no easy way to say this......I'm pregnant Trevor
Old 03-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #69
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I like pears.
Now apples on the other hand, yummmmmm.

Dats it!

Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #70
far2bowen

Deleted.

Last edited by far2bowen; 03-23-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #71
far2bowen

Deleted.

Last edited by far2bowen; 03-23-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #72
darrenbevan1
Side-Kick

Spoiler free review here.... got screened last night http://darrens-world-of-entertainmen...er-movie.htmlo

Old 03-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #73
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

SPOILER TAGS....USE THEM

I'm not kidding guys.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #74
far2bowen

Deleted.

Last edited by far2bowen; 03-23-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #75
far2bowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Hey guys, here is a thread where you can post your reviews for the movie. You may also use untagged spoilers here, but you must tag everywhere else! Have fun
Might want to change this policy.

Closed Thread