The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #76
Airnick
RTTS

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

@far2bowen: click on the smiley with the black bar across the eyes.

That's how you post with spoiler tags.

Proud member of the SHH6+Perry9
Old 03-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #77
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

Man I can't wait to see this. Love every spoiler I get. Question for those who have seen it, what is the big scene with all the easter eggs in it? Like how many times am I going to need to watch it so that I can absorb it all and what was your favorite easter egg that you caught?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:57 AM   #78
hame4479
Side-Kick

For those that saw itin3d is it a decent and worthwhile transfer like avengers, or is the action shot and cut so quickly that it actually works against the format? Cuz iv seen stuff that would obviously look amazing in 3d but im not gna go to that showing if its at the cost of appreciating all the other fastpaced practical action. Anybody?

Old 03-24-2014, 06:24 AM   #79
Visiting Arkham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Man I can't wait to see this. Love every spoiler I get. Question for those who have seen it, what is the big scene with all the easter eggs in it? Like how many times am I going to need to watch it so that I can absorb it all and what was your favorite easter egg that you caught?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
HYDRA is using an algorithm to determine possible threats to their organization, and during the targeting sequence they show a world map with visual profiles of all the people they are aiming at. It's at this point we see Tony Stark and Avengers Tower, Bruce Banner, and I'm sure a whole lot more. I wasn't ready for it, so I'm sure there was a lot I missed.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #80
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Wonder what the algorithm would look like?

Old 03-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #81
Web Head
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Wonder what the algorithm would look like?
I took it as the algorithm being the very early signs of Ultron's AI.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #82
bustedbeatbox
Newbie First Class

Question, who is under the white sheet in the trailer?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #83
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

*edit

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-25-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #84
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedbeatbox View Post
Question, who is under the white sheet in the trailer?
I'm pretty sure it's Nick Fury, but I want you to know that I heard that in the movie the sheet isn't actually covering his head...

Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 AM   #85
kaijukurt
Side-Kick

Just came from watching it. It was awesome.

Definitely the best Marvel solo film, and arguably on par with if not better than the Avengers.

I really loved the pacing, the tone, and acting was very solid as well. The action is AMAZING.

I also adore the fact that the film is very plot-heavy. Definitely not a moment of boredom.

My only nitpick is that some of the cgi seemed a bit unfinished.

The Easter eggs and hints to what lies ahead are just so good.

CAUTION: Really spoilery stuff ahead
Dr. Strange is name-dropped.

NO MORE S.H.I.E.L.D.

After credits scenes (there are two) reveal Baron Strucker, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch

9/10.

Last edited by kaijukurt; 03-26-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #86
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

Whoa. Holy moley. This movie. Blew my mind. Speechless. I will write a full review after 3 viewings.

Marvel Studios:
Avengers 9/10
Winter Soldier 9/10
Iron Man 3 8/10
Iron Man 8/10
First Avenger 7/10
Thor 7/10
Dark World 7/10
Incredible Hulk 6.5/10
Iron man 2 6/10

Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #87
Daywalker89
In Zion I await my spirit

This film... THIS FILM . I was not expecting this to hit a cord but my god did this film pack a punch . Easily a 9/10 and im a DC kind of fan. Having just watched it's gonna take some time to process lol CAWS stepped up to another level. Having been on the fence about the first movie and the character on a whole, i was at least expecting a solid effort from this but it totally knocked me for seven. Everyone behind the scenes and the actors should take a bow.

I would definately put it on par with the avengers in the MCU. Im impressed because they told a great story with depth and backed it with some comic book action after all the events of Avengers and TDK (CBM that set the bar) the filmakers have come out with a Solid/Amazing CBM and have set the bar even higher. The actors played there parts very well (no crappy performances) The action scenes..... were on another level (car chase OMG) yea there were some OTT moments but its a CBM.Winter Soldier was straight up ruthless. I was engaged for the whole 136mins .

For the people that saw the after credits can anyone explain the twins in the cages,i gather one of them is quicksilver

CAWS has set the bar for ASM and XMDOFP which was on 1 and 2 on my must watch list CA was 3 , that says it all. I honestly don't think my score of 9/10 is premature for this movie. What a time to be a Marvel fan

" I have spent my whole life lookin' for that thing that killed my mother, and made me what I am. And every time I take one of those monsters out, I get a little piece of that life back. So don't you tell me about forgetting "

Last edited by Daywalker89; 03-26-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #88
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

As a longtime Cap fan, it was a dream come true movie.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #89
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I am so glad to see fans are loving this movie! I can't wait to this!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #90
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

Lots of iconic Cap moments. The First Avenger cannot even compare.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #91
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

This is not just a good Marvel movie, or a good superhero movie, it's simply a damn good movie.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #92
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Is it true that

Bucky defeats Cap, then stops when he remembers who he really is?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #93
Arcam
Side-Kick

Just got back from watching it.

By The Power of Greyskull!! That was freaking awesome.

Best of phase 2 by quite a way but I've enjoyed the other 2 movies equally giving them 8/10.

This on the other hand is a different animal altogether.
Plenty of people have reviewed this before and plenty more will in the next few weeks but to the guys and girls who's posts I've been reading in these Cap forums for the last 12 months or so, you're in for a big, BIG treat.

I'm pretty sure after my 2nd viewing, I'll be putting it at the top of my MCU movie list ahead of the 1st Thor movie.

So much happens, it's packed full of events, great story and action, all very, very cool and the end credits are my favourites to date just to top it all off.

Guardians of the Galaxy is going to have to be special to exceed this and Guardians is my most anticipated movie of the year.

Going to see it again on Monday.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #94
Daywalker89

It was a great surprise how much they stepped up from the first movie. To the fans following this film was there alot of studio interference. I know the directors are different , I know origin stories are IMO harder to do but to me the amount of scope and depth this film had . This film was flying below the radar then bam. Im seing it again on Friday.

" I have spent my whole life lookin' for that thing that killed my mother, and made me what I am. And every time I take one of those monsters out, I get a little piece of that life back. So don't you tell me about forgetting "
Old 03-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #95
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Went to a midnight show last night as part of a double billing with Avengers. For me it's the best movie Marvel have made. The action in this movie is superb and more polished than previous outings. Chris has really grown into the role and made the character his own. You believe the sincerity of his lines and delivery. He is the only Avenger I would trust and you know he would put himself on the line. His action scenes are far superior to the previous two outings and you get to see his amazing fighting skills in a number of bouts with different characters. Falcon is nicely introduced to the audience and there is an immediate brotherhood with him and Cap. I'd love to see more of the character in A2. Shield is the foundation of the movie and without giving too much away we get to see Nick Fury fleshed out with some nice twists. Winter Solider was fantastic with some equally impressive fight sequences including an unexpected on. For all of that and knowing that CE has turned in his best performance as Cap it's SJ as Black Widow who has now truly made the role her own that turns in the best performance. We get to see what she does better than anyone else as a character. You get hints of her dark past which I hope are properly fleshed out in a solo movie if one is ever made.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as i did. Some of the cinematography and use of music to build tension is the best I've seen in comic book movies. I'd never heard of the directors but damn am I impressed. I can best describe it as a mixture of espionage similar to Bourne and with actions sequences to match The Dark Knight for reality. Enjoy.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #96
Daywalker89

Quote:
Is it true that

Yes, but Cap falls off the Ship and Bucky recovers him from the water.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #97
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Man all this positivity is getting me SO pumped.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 03-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #98
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

The plot is tight, the characters are all well utilized and written well enough so that their interactions with each other feel natural, the comedy isn't forced or shoehorned in, the fanservice is kept down to a minimum and what they give you is just great pure action sequences.

It's almost as if every imperfection that arose out of the other MCU films has been sorted out and the result is TWS, the most accomplished MCU entry to date. It feels like a real world builder (and breaker) it tackles the MCU's "glue" in SHIELD and explores and breaks down it's elements and in turn shows us the scale of the world post Avengers and sets things up pre Ultron without losing any of the individuality that iron man 2 lacked and Iron man 3 had maybe too much off.

Simply put, i think Feige has finally worked out the kinks in his formula, and as a non-MCU guy, I might just be now...thanks to this.

Few nitpicks and notes

The whole sharon carter thing was kept on the down low, which i guess is more a problem with my expectations than anything, but i would have liked to see her more and develop the point just a little more, maybe a few more scenes between her and steve. It's clear she'll be a big part of the third film.

Redford rocked the house with his role, it didn't go the way i thought it would, but he just made an excellent stand alone villain, and I'm loving this cinematic comeback from him.

Falcon was amazing, nuff said.

Never liked scarlett johansson as Black Widow, but this film really delved into her without taking the edge off her character.

Not too impressed with Sebastian Stan as Bucky/Winter Soldier, i felt that his character needed just a little more gravitas, but the action sequences when he was under the mask, i felt a little tinge of Arnold as the t-800 in terms of absolute badassery.

Overall yes...better than Avengers, and it seems that isn't too much of a hyperbolic stretch considering how many are saying the same. Bring on Guardians!

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #99
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Is it true that

well...if you want to know.

Cap defeats Bucky, but he shoots cap while he's trying to stop the helicarriers, Bucky gets pinned down by debris which cap helps him out of, then refuses to fight him when Bucky goes for round 2, Bucky then pummels the crap out of him but hesitates, in which steve falls down to the water below...he is then saved by bucky.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Old 03-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #100
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Yeah okay, that was really AWESOME & tight.

I don't care much for CA The First Avenger, but that mostly had to do with the fact that it was period stuff, Red Skull IMO was a weak villain, and it just wasn't to me very exciting. Knowing though that Cap would be transitioning to modern times, I was way more interested for the sequel.

I haven't ever been a Cap America fan but The Avengers & this are converting me. I was skeptical about the Russo brothers, I mean, their work on Arrested Development & Community is great, but I was like "really?", but they just deliver in spades.

What's most surprising & impressive about the movie is how it's just not at all what you'd expect coming in, it's not even really a superhero movie, but more like a thriller hopped up on steroids.

The script is really good, it never gets muddled or anything, and it's really a game changer as they say, which really makes me wonder about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The action is really really really well done, and I insist on that, the close combat stuff btw Cap & Winter Soldier is pure badassery. In fact, the whole thing is badass, notably one early action sequence, choreography is great, it kicks ass, Cap is faster than ever, I mean seriously, it's a joy to witness.

The whole cast is impeccable, great little character moments with Steve, Natasha, I love that Black Widow is so important in the window, The Winter Soldier, I think, will be a villain to be remembered, he just screams "LOOK AT ME BOY, I'M A BADASS", everything about him, so so cool, and Stan really delivers.

Mackie as always is great and so entertaining as the Falcon, Redford is a welcome addition, I don't think it'd have felt the same with another actor, Jackson awesome as usual.

Opaloch's cinematography really helps in selling the action, great job, as always. Jackman's score is solid.

The bonus scenes are awesome.

This movie is simply put: A w E s O m E, it stands out.

Closed Thread