The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #101
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
Yeah okay, that was really AWESOME & tight.

I haven't ever been a Cap America fan but The Avengers & this are converting me. I was skeptical about the Russo brothers, I mean, their work on Arrested Development & Community is great, but I was like "really?", but they just deliver in spades.
Speaking of which, Community fans have a nice little cameo for them.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #102
MiffaLadd_
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS!

I absolutely loved this film and I'm truly devastated I can never watch it for the first time again. I was almost more excited for Cap 3 than the Avengers by the end, almost.

All the characters are great, heroes and villains. All of the supporting characters like Rumlow and Falcon did the sort of job that makes you excited for them to come back in the future.

Evans is just brilliant, I love him as Cap.

Oh, and I LOVED the Cap museum. Crazy level goosebumps when you see the Howling Commandos. Reinforces my belief that they all have to be in Carter's show.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Assume we'll see underground Fury in Avengers then. I hope he has created a bit of a team for himself. Natasha will come running when he needs her and probably Hawkeye, and he'll likely have Carter and Hill.

Can't wait to see where Steve is at the start of Avengers. Some random country off following Bucky. Happy that Falcon went with him.

I was a little too hyped when we saw the twins so I didn't pay much attention to the actual design of Pietro's running but from what I can remember it looked great given the small room he was in.

Last edited by MiffaLadd_; 03-26-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #103
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

@Sharkboy: yup, I was like "what is
Abed
doing here?"

Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #104
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

My favourite part of the film was the sure-to-be-classic lift fight.

There have been lift fights in films before - Mission Impossible III and Die Hard with a Vengeance, for instance - but they are usually over very soon.

In The Winter Soldier,
there is superb building of the tension as more and more badasses get in on every floor, and the audience realizes about the same time Cap does what's about to happen. He is surrounded by SHIELD soldiers and agents, there is a moment of intense calm before the storm, and then it all kicks off big time. And it really does look as frantic, brutal and chaotic as you'd expect with a dozen trained fighters and a super-soldier fighting in a confined space. You could really see the influence of The Raid here - the desperation, the impact of the blows.

Fury in his car was also a fantastic action scene.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #105
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Spoilers dude.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #106
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
Spoilers dude.
I did use the spoiler tag.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #107
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Radiation View Post

There have been lift fights in films before - Mission Impossible III and Die Hard with a Vengeance, for instance - but they are usually over very soon.

In The Winter Soldier,
there is superb building of the tension as more and more badasses get in on every floor, and the audience realizes about the same time Cap does what's about to happen. He is surrounded by SHIELD soldiers and agents, there is a moment of intense calm before the storm, and then it all kicks off big time. And it really does look as frantic, brutal and chaotic as you'd expect with a dozen trained fighters and a super-soldier fighting in a confined space. You could really see the influence of The Raid here - the desperation, the impact of the blows.

Is the lift fight the same length as the one in front of Thor: TDW or is it longer?

Old 03-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #108
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:

In The Winter Soldier,

I actually enjoyed the build up to the lift fight more than the fight itself, probably because there have already been great lift scenes in cinema before (takeshi kitano's sonatine, winding refn's drive, gareth evans' merentau, Park Hoon Jeong's New World) but im glad i get to add TWS to that list as it was a really good scene.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 03-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #109
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

All these awesome reviews are making my wait unbearable.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #110
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Just came back from seeing this. Wow! What an incredible movie. The tone, the action, the story, the characters, everything was on point and handled very maturely without becoming pretentious. First of all, cap is a badass and his fight scenes, especially with the winter soldier are gloriously brutal and the best protagonist vs antagonist fight in any comic book movie. The film was quite touching in a few places and not only conveys Marvel's growth in increasing quality of their movies but this movie is an example of how sequels should be done. Everything was better and it was a surprise to see some if the characters really getting to shine. Nothing felt rushed nor underdeveloped and on a side note seeing Falcon helped visualise what it could be like to see Vulture in screen, having aerial battles with spidey.

That being said, was there only 1 after credits scene? I saw the first one but didn't stay right until the end.

Looking forward to seeing this again either tomorrow or on Friday.

Tyrion: I wish to confess...
Old 03-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #111
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

There were 2 after credit scenes.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #112
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Saw the movie here in Italy 2 hours ago.

Maybe...no, it's sure...the best marvel movie of Phase 2.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #113
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
There were 2 after credit scenes.
Can you or anyone else fill me in on the 2nd after credits scene? Cheers.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #114
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
Can you or anyone else fill me in on the 2nd after credits scene? Cheers.
Bucky/Winter Soldier goes to the Cap museum and looks at a display about himself (as he was in WWII).

Old 03-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #115
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker89 View Post

For the people that saw the after credits can anyone explain the twins in the cages,i gather one of them is quicksilver
Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, brother and sister mutants (called 'miracles' in the movie - nice one Marvel) and, in the comics, children of Magneto.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #116
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bucky/Winter Soldier goes to the Cap museum and looks at a display about himself (as he was in WWII).

Cheers.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #117
Drz
Real Hero

If there was a poll i would vote 9/10.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #118
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

I wish batman's fight scenes where even one third as good as these ones.

But alas...

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 03-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #119
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
I wish batman's fight scenes where even one third as good as these ones.

But alas...
I was going to say the same.

Batman fighting Bane looks absolutely amateur compared to the fight scenes in The Winter Soldier.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #120
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

The first end scene credits is awesome. I got chills. Really.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #121
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
If there was a poll i would vote 9/10.
9.5/10 for me.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #122
JLMHodge
Side-Kick

First time posting on here.
I thought the film was truly brilliant, even better than The Avengers. Both credits scenes were extremely well done. I can't wait to see it again.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #123
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Was awesome. Completely awesome. Up there with Avengers, easily. Best Marvel solo.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #124
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Without spoiling anything, what did everyone think of the mid credits scene featuring those two characters?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 03-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #125
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Saw it earlier, gonna put all my thoughts behind the spoiler box as I'm a lazy sod

Definitely the most pivotal of Marvel's cinematic Unverse. Not a game changer per say, more of a 'Walk up, smash the game to bits and walk away'-er.

Everyone, from Evans down to Stan, were superb. To pick certain people, I tout Evans played the inner conflict of Cap perfectly and the camaraderie between him and Mackie was brilliantly done. Felt very natural. Loved the Pulp Fiction gag for SLJ. Redford Was badass.

Stan as WS was great, but I felt he was given barely anything to work with TBH. Same with Sharon.

The Zola bit was a surprise, I'd stayed away from a lot of the spoilers (sadly not all), so him appearing in the computer was a great surprise.

SHIELD is gone... And was full of ****ing HYDRA moles.... (Sitwell????) That is going to have a MASSIVE impact on Agents of SHIELD, can't wait to see that play out. As someone pointed out, Now we can realise that Stern(?) wasn't trying to get the suits off Stark for the US governtment... But for ****ing HYDRA

Best Marvel movie so far, definitely can see why the directors were snapped up quickly for Cap 3.

9/10

Closed Thread