The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Having low expectations might help. I put the movie just a shade over my grade for SM3, but that's only because I'm still bitter over what they did to Venom.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Sometimes that's the best way to go into these things. I actually went into MOS with low expectations because of the bashing it was taking from some critics and I ended up absolutely loving it.

I also went into Green Lantern expecting it to suck because of how it got panned by critics and fans and... well, I didn't hate it.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #5
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Watched MoS again last night. I still only have one huge complaint about it and that's Pa Kent's death. That was just dumb how they did that. Also I'm more sure than ever that Clark's blood/DNA will be salvaged from the wreckage (somehow not everything got sucked into the singularity) and used by Lex.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

They could have handled that scene better.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Yeah, the one scene in MOS that bugs me is the Pa Kent death scene. Cavill and Costner do a great job there in terms of acting, but Clark letting his dad die like that is troubling to watch.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't have a problem with that scene.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
he should have let Clark get the dog. he could have done it way before the tornado hit and not been in any danger at all of risking his secret. I get that they wanted it to be this huge sacrifice and much more emotional than a simple heart attack. but for the dog? Clark could have simply ran there at normal speed, got the dog and ran back. or did it at super speed and no one would have even seen it. everyone was running for their lives anyway.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Yup, that's probably the worst scene in MOS.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

Quote:
I even REALLY like that scene, to be honest. He was around 16 so he trusted him, until its too late. I get why people have a problem with it though.

And about Amazing Spidey 2... I really liked the movie. Sure, it was hammy in parts, but it had the same strengths like the first one: the relationships between Peter and Gwen/May. Those scenes were really good. I also liked the action.
Only real problem was that its overstuffed with characters. Why the heck did they feel the need to shoehorn Felicia Hardy in there for 2 scenes???
Also the villains were kinda dumb, or at least used in a dumb way, but thats a problem I had with almost all Spidey movies (except Raimi Spidey 2).
Also, Green Goblin gets the full Venom treatment straight out of Spiderman 3. its a shame.
But again, the positive stuff still made it a fun night at the movies. The love story stuff was the best of the entire movie though and if thats not your cuppa tea than you will be dissappointed. My girlfriend liked it a lot because of the love story. She even says its her favorite Spidey film thus far, but she never was a big fan before.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I know the list of reasons why people have a problem with the scene. They're valid. But personally, it didn't bother me. Ironically, I was disappointed in certain scenes that people have no problem with.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
Fizicks
Side-Kick

Yeah, that scene didn't bother me all that much either. Sure, in hindsight it seemed very stupid for Pa Kent to go get the dog instead of sending Clark. But yea, like I said, in hindsight. Parents are always protective of their children and want them to get to safety first. And people don't always make the smartest/best decisions in urgent and dangerous situations.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #14
roach
I am the night

I think it's because people assume that Jonathan Kent knew all of Clark's abilities. If he is telling his son to keep his powers a secret there is a possibility that he doesn't know everything Clark can do. It is reasonable to think that he thought Clark could die from the tornado.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #15
STARMAN
Side-Kick

As for the next movie, I'm surprised we haven't already learned what buildings are being used for Lex Corp and Wayne Tower. Last time we already knew about the Chicago Board of Trade and Willis Tower before they started filming.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #16
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

They might be CGI.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #17
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
As for the next movie, I'm surprised we haven't already learned what buildings are being used for Lex Corp and Wayne Tower. Last time we already knew about the Chicago Board of Trade and Willis Tower before they started filming.
Me too.

Are there any major building's/ skyscrapers in Detroit that can stand in for either LexCorp or Wayne Enterprise's?

Old 05-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #18
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Me too.

Are there any major building's/ skyscrapers in Detroit that can stand in for either LexCorp or Wayne Enterprise's?
There's plenty, the GM one is pretty cool

Old 05-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
There's plenty, the GM one is pretty cool
Oh yeah I forgot about GM.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #20
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I watched Man of Steel again. Now I never liked the idea of Superman killing Zod. When I saw that, I thought of the defense that "Superman killing Zod will give him a no killing rule".

I thought how stupid that sounds. He kills a man and then decides to have a no killing rule. That's like Batman shooting Joker in the face, killing him and that's why he has the "no guns, no killing" rule.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #21
D.P.
Banned User

I've heard Amazing 2 referred to as "Shumacherian".

Old 05-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #22
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

From the defenders have said, Superman decides whether to spare or end on a case-by-case basis in the comics. On a disconnected note, I third the dcision to select the GM Building.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #23
golfguy22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I've heard Amazing 2 referred to as "Shumacherian".
Extreme exagerration

Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #24
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, the one scene in MOS that bugs me is the Pa Kent death scene. Cavill and Costner do a great job there in terms of acting, but Clark letting his dad die like that is troubling to watch.
Clark could have easily saved the dog without anyone noticing. Clark was on his way there just like Jonathan. So people would have seen him near the car, he snatches the dog, and then flies away on the other side where nobody can see. Through the field.

I mean, it's so obvious now when i watch it. Goyer and Snyder give me a headache sometimes. But yes, it was well-acted by Cavill and Costner.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #25
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfguy22 View Post
Extreme exagerration
It's total Shumacher. Only thing stopping it is the chemistry of the real-life couple that is Garfield and Stone. And some things that happen between them towards the end of the movie. Everything else is Shumacher. No exaggeration. Not Batman & Robin level, but certainly Batman Forever.

Closed Thread