Old 03-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #26
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Doom:

Accept no substitutes!

You're going to post that every chance you get between now and June 2015, aren't you?

Old 03-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #27
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Here's a question for those more versed in these things than I am.

Can anything at all be inferred by Kevin Feige's listing as executive producer?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/...f_=tt_ov_st_sm

I just checked The Wolverine and Days of Future Past, and he doesn't seem to be listed on either of those.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #28
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post

You're going to post that every chance you get between now and June 2015, aren't you?
Well not if the movie gets cancelled (hopefully it will). Then it will just be one of those things we'll remember that we laughed about concerning Trank's FF. One day in a few years, if there's an MCU FF, you'll be saying "remember how Dr Doom was almost a woman and Sharpay kept popping up."

And then, as if by magic, the pic of Sharpay Doom will resurface once more.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #29
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Well not if the movie gets cancelled (hopefully it will). Then it will just be one of those things we'll remember that we laughed about concerning Trank's FF. One day in a few years, if there's an MCU FF, you'll be saying "remember how Dr Doom was almost a woman and Sharpay kept popping up."

Hopefully we'll be able to look back on all this and laugh at some point.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #30
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

I just checked The Wolverine and Days of Future Past, and he doesn't seem to be listed on either of those.
Hopefully that doesn't mean that Feige has given his blessing to Trank's version or worked out some deal where Fox still get to make this movie (in the way they are doing) and Marvel are actually going to market and merchandise it. I don't want to find the comics soon changed to resemble this cast.

Quote:
Hopefully we'll be able to look back on all this and laugh at some point.
If only it could be like how people laugh now at Nicholas Cage in a Superman suit or the other bullet dodged with the Justice League: Mortal film.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #31
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
If only it could be like how people laugh now at Nicholas Cage in a Superman suit or the other bullet dodged with the Justice League: Mortal film.
Hopefully it won't be how we laugh at Howard The Duck.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #32
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Hopefully it won't be how we laugh at Howard The Duck.
If it is, Trank's FF will go down in comic book history as one of these WTF moments. And the same writers who now are writing how it is highly anticipated will be saying "what the hell were they thinking?" and how people could see this shipwreck coming a mile off.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #33
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

just because feige is listed on imdb, doesn't mean he's really any part of it... imdb is full of fake info

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #34
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
just because feige is listed on imdb, doesn't mean he's really any part of it... imdb is full of fake info
Maybe Fox put it there to try to add some legitimacy to their movie.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #35
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:

IDMB is notoriously inaccurate for unreleased/in production films. Afaik Marvel do get to assign a producer (evidently with severely limited power..) for each Sony or Fox film (that though is via 'Marvel Entertainment' rather than 'Marvel Studios' which is a seperate deal now) but just who they may be these days I have no idea. Used to always be be Avi Arid iirc, though I think Feige was on X3 well?

Whoever it might be could be uncredited for all we know.

I'd be very surprised if Feige is really on this one in any way at all. Has his hands full enough with Marvel Studios.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #36
Joe Rockhead
Side-Kick

Quote:

I do have to ask, though. Do you want Ashley Tisdale to play Doom, or are you looking for her to play the character as if Sharpay was playing Doom?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #37
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
IDMB is notoriously inaccurate for unreleased/in production films. Afaik Marvel do get to assign a producer (evidently with severely limited power..) for each Sony or Fox film (that though is via 'Marvel Entertainment' rather than 'Marvel Studios' which is a seperate deal now) but just who they may be these days I have no idea. Used to always be be Avi Arid iirc, though I think Feige was on X3 well?

I'd be very surprised if Feige is really on this one in any way at all. Has his hands full enough with Marvel Studios.
Well he was exec producer on the X-Men movies before Marvel Studios creation even though he had no power to make decisions about content. I think thats how Marvel get their percentage but instead of listing exec produced by Marvel Studios they substitute this with Feige's name instead being he's their head

Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #38
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Well he was exec producer on the X-Men movies before Marvel Studios creation even though he had no power to make decisions about content. I think thats how Marvel get their percentage but instead of listing exec produced by Marvel Studios they substitute this with Feige's name instead being he's their head

Thanks. I was just checking to see if they had any other cast members listed and noticed Feige's name and was curious if it meant anything. Sounds like it's not really meaningful.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #39
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rockhead View Post
I do have to ask, though. Do you want Ashley Tisdale to play Doom, or are you looking for her to play the character as if Sharpay was playing Doom?
The way the movie is going being FFINO, I'm fine with either. Doom can dress in pink, carry a dog, wear flip flops and a Tiffany hair band.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #40
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Look at this cast at the end of the trailer for XM: DOFP (Hugh Jackman is on the previous screen):

And then compare it to the cast of this FF movie.

What a difference there is in the calibre and clout of the actors. You can see where the effort is put in and where Fox believe value actually lies.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #41
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Look at this cast at the end of the trailer for XM: DOFP (Hugh Jackman is on the previous screen):

What a difference there is in the calibre and clout of the actors. You can see where the effort is put in and where Fox believe value actually lies.
They've still got 28 days to sign Meryl Streep, Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #42
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
They've still got 28 days to sign Meryl Streep, Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro.
That's like Kramer vs Kramer meet the parents.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #43
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

So Anna Paquin's back in,then?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #44
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
So Anna Paquin's back in,then?
We'll find out one way or another in May.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #45
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:

Christopher Reeves was not famous before he starred in Superman and that worked out well.

To me this is kinda of a silly complaint, Fox doesn't have faith in this film because they didn't pack with a bunch of famous super stars. Unknowns can and have carried such films before. Heck hiring unknowns means they can spend money on other areas of the film.

I like Kate Mara and Michael B. Jordan as actors, I am willing to give them a chance even if they are not super famous.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #46
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I'm sure all of these young actors are good actors....I've heard very little negative about any of them.

What I see from the choices, and a trend it seems to move almost exclusively to a UFF themed movie is that Fox does not have faith in a true, 616 themed FF movie.

BUT, I can see how some may see these choices of up and comers (probably fairly low salary actors at this moment...) as a way of saving money. IMO, it would have been better if they had put out the money for some better known actors to help quell the problems of the first two films that the fans, DEFINITELY REMEMBER, and possibly a good number of the GA still remember. I don't know that that is necessarily "not having faith" in this project, as much as it is bad decision making....

Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #47
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I'm sure all of these young actors are good actors....I've heard very little negative about any of them.

What I see from the choices, and a trend it seems to move almost exclusively to a UFF themed movie is that Fox does not have faith in a true, 616 themed FF movie.

BUT, I can see how some may see these choices of up and comers (probably fairly low salary actors at this moment...) as a way of saving money. IMO, it would have been better if they had put out the money for some better known actors to help quell the problems of the first two films that the fans, DEFINITELY REMEMBER, and possibly a good number of the GA still remember. I don't know that that is necessarily "not having faith" in this project, as much as it is bad decision making....
But we have seen comic book movies carried by unknowns before, how many people heard of Andrew Garfield before he was cast as Spider-Man and Christopher Reeves was an unknown before he was cast as Superman. Unknowns are cast in these roles often. Maybe they are spending the money that would have gone towards some super star's salary to make the movie look really great.

Plus we don't know if this will just be a straight adaption of UFF, rather then a hybrid between the 616 FF and the UFF. Avengers has taken aspects of the Ultimates and very few seemed to complain. Plus I thought the UFF had a few good ideas, I think Ultimate Mole Man has a better motive then 616 Mole Man and I usually don't like the Ultimate villains.

Personally I want to see a trailer and learn more about the plot, before I judge this cast and movie, one way or the other. If there is a trailer with phoned performances or the has Doom being a tycoon with goat legs, rather then a dictator with normal feet, then I would assuming this film sucks.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #48
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Christopher Reeve was indeed pretty much unknown before Superman. He was also only third billed behind two huge stars in Marlon Brando and Gene Hackman.

Andrew Garfield had a major role in a hugely successful film with multiple Oscar nominations. People knew who he was.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #49
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

People also know who this cast are. Kate Mara is on a hugely popular show, MBJ just came off of Fruitville Station which was a huge critical hit and won a ton of awards, Jamie Bell has been around for a while and is known for Billy Elliot, really the only relative unknown in the group is Teller, and he's nowhere near Reeve's unknown status when he got cast, Teller has been in quite a few fairly successful films.

They're really not unknowns you guys. They're not A-list celebrities who everybody and their grandma knowns intimately, but they're about on the level Chris Evans or Chris Hemmensworth or Tom Hiddleston were when they first got cast in superhero movies. Probably a little better known than Hemmensworth and Hiddleston, actually.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #50
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Christopher Reeve was indeed pretty much unknown before Superman. He was also only third billed behind two huge stars in Marlon Brando and Gene Hackman.

Andrew Garfield had a major role in a hugely successful film with multiple Oscar nominations. People knew who he was.
We don't know the entire cast yet, maybe they will have someone famous in the supporting roles.

A lot of the X-Men actors were unknowns when they started.

At least I know some the cast are good actors, Jessica Alba was more famous then any of these actors in 2005, but did her performance in the FF movies elevate the material? Of course not. Famous actors don't always mean instant money. Will Smith was the biggest name around, but that didn't save After Earth.

To me good actors are more important then famous actors. I can only comment on the actors I am familiar with though, so I don't have an opinion on the actors playing the Thing or Mr. Fantastic.

Closed Thread