The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 08:01 AM   #101
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,988
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
You all realize that something being grounded does not mean it lacks imagination, some sense of wonder, etc, right?

MAN OF STEEL was called "grounded", and was, in many respects, but wasn't, in any major sense, "realistic".
I wouldn't want the tone of Man of Steel for Fantastic Four. That was very low on humour and far too desaturated and lacking in colour. FF should be one of the most colourful movies of all.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #102
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Its a catch 22 situation if the movie is bad and does well, it encourages Fox to do more of the same and we get something like the Transformer franchise, mindless junk that masses love that is not very good. If it is bad and does poorly, it could send the FF franchise into limbo for a long while, ditto is the film is good and does poorly, that would be a shame. If the movie is good and does well, maybe we finally get something good related to the FF.
None of these outcomes are really acceptable. Even if the movie is great you still have the FF without the Inhumans and you have a divorced cosmic Marvel Universe and it's going to get shoehorned into the gravitas of the X-Men series and all the fun and charm of Fantastic Four will be lost. We're never going to see the FF we want.

Not to mention the market is going to be overcrowded now that everyone is trying to "be like Marvel". I saw the latest X-Men trailer and my first reaction was we are witnessing the beginning of the copycats - a panning circle shot ala Avengers, Sentinels that look just like the Destroyer, and a character that to most people will probably find indistinguishable from the Human Torch. Meanwhile the poster looks exactly like a Marvel Studios poster. Between Fox, Sony, WB and Marvel Studios, I worry general audiences are just going to burn out on this stuff. I already see people complaining about the formulaic "battle royale" at the end of every CBM. My wife almost stopped watching CBM's after seeing Man of Steel with me. Thankfully Thor redeemed them for her.

In my opinion, all options but reversion of the FF to Marvel Studios pretty much suck! Fox making a great Fantastic Four film is obviously my next choice but that is a very very distant second from what I really want and I have zero faith in that happening.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #103
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I wouldn't want the tone of Man of Steel for Fantastic Four. That was very low on humour and far too desaturated and lacking in colour. FF should be one of the most colourful movies of all.
Agree 100%.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #104
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip
 
Spider-Fan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,725
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The word "grounded" gets thrown around too much these days and has become a meaningless buzzword.

What people really mean to say is that the movie sets the rules of the story's universe and follows them. Nothing happens by magic.
can't wait for a comic book movie that just kills the term, that just goes all out, an is not bound by that, grounded in reality, mind set

Spider-Fan83 is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #105
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
None of these outcomes are really acceptable. Even if the movie is great you still have the FF without the Inhumans and you have a divorced cosmic Marvel Universe and it's going to get shoehorned into the gravitas of the X-Men series and all the fun and charm of Fantastic Four will be lost. We're never going to see the FF we want.

Not to mention the market is going to be overcrowded now that everyone is trying to "be like Marvel". I saw the latest X-Men trailer and my first reaction was we are witnessing the beginning of the copycats - a panning circle shot ala Avengers, Sentinels that look just like the Destroyer, and a character that to most people will probably find indistinguishable from the Human Torch. Meanwhile the poster looks exactly like a Marvel Studios poster. Between Fox, Sony, WB and Marvel Studios, I worry general audiences are just going to burn out on this stuff. I already see people complaining about the formulaic "battle royale" at the end of every CBM. My wife almost stopped watching CBM's after seeing Man of Steel with me. Thankfully Thor redeemed them for her.

In my opinion, all options but reversion of the FF to Marvel Studios pretty much suck! Fox making a great Fantastic Four film is obviously my next choice but that is a very very distant second from what I really want and I have zero faith in that happening.
Well unless this movie ends up in development hell somehow, those are the options available and really people could get burned out by CBMs by the time Marvel gets the rights back to the FF anyway, assuming that happens, it has not happened yet and its been 14 years since the first X-Men film.

But the fact is, complaining doesn't change the reality of the situation, so Fox making a good FF film is the best outcome we can hope for at the moment, whether you think its acceptable or not doesn't change the reality on the ground.

The Overlord is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #106
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

I agree with you. However, I don't believe complaining doesn't affect things. There are many of us who are vocal - not on just this site but all over - and I believe Fox is listening. Why else would they have been dragging their feet over four and a half years sending the script through rewrite after rewrite, delaying production seven times, vehemently denying rumors later proven to be true, quietly releasing cast information and now less than four weeks until the cameras are supposed to start rolling we don't even have a press release or an actor cast for a lead role like Dr. Doom? Even Teller confirmed that Fox have had doubts about going ahead with this along the way. If Batman vs. Superman hadn't moved into 2016 Fox would've dropped the project I believe. After that they were emboldened. I had actually pretty much lost hope until the next bomb dropped a couple of weeks ago by Bleeding Cool. Fox has been suspicious ever since. Something is up folks. Fox is very doubtful about this. They are listening. They would have to be complete idiots if they weren't.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #107
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
I agree with you. However, I don't believe complaining doesn't affect things. There are many of us who are vocal - not on just this site but all over - and I believe Fox is listening. Why else would they have been dragging their feet over four and a half years sending the script through rewrite after rewrite, delaying production seven times, vehemently denying rumors later proven to be true, quietly releasing cast information and now less than four weeks until the cameras are supposed to start rolling we don't even have a press release or an actor cast for a lead role like Dr. Doom? Even Teller confirmed that Fox have had doubts about going ahead with this along the way. If Batman vs. Superman hadn't moved into 2016 Fox would've dropped the project I believe. After that they were emboldened. I had actually pretty much lost hope until the next bomb dropped a couple of weeks ago by Bleeding Cool. Fox has been suspicious ever since. Something is up folks. Fox is very doubtful about this. They are listening. They would have to be complete idiots if they weren't.
I disagree. Fox isn't listening to the Fans. They never have and never will. The only thing that may have them nervous is how much of a budget they want to commit per the scripts they've been offered. It's all about money. They're probably nervous that they may not make as much of a profit or may lose money but very much still want to make the movie to fulfill the agreement so the rights don't revert so they might be able to do a crossover with their Marvel Properties (though as whether they can actually do that is still a gray area).

We need to come to the realization the to FOX the fans don't matter Rothman or not. They have the same, Archaic views about the Fans vs the GA attitude that many posters here still hold. "They'll See Its Anyway" if we make it look pretty enough.

So were debating with ourselves but nobody's listening but ourselves.

But it all doesn't matter in the end. Fox will lose money and will act surprised when it flops. "I Thought They Would See It Anyway"

I know somebody's gonna be mad when I say this but if you want to get their attention. Don't go see DOFP. Money is the only language they understand..

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #108
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,131
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

If you don't see the films, they will stop making them.
Simple as that .

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #109
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I disagree. Fox isn't listening to the Fans. They never have and never will. The only thing that may have them nervous is how much of a budget they want to commit per the scripts they've been offered. It's all about money. They're probably nervous that they may not make as much of a profit or may lose money but very much still want to make the movie to fulfill the agreement so the rights don't revert so they might be able to do a crossover with their Marvel Properties (though as whether they can actually do that is still a gray area).

We need to come to the realization the to FOX the fans don't matter Rothman or not. They have the same, Archaic views about the Fans vs the GA attitude that many posters here still hold. "They'll See Its Anyway" if we make it look pretty enough.

So were debating with ourselves but nobody's listening but ourselves.

But it all doesn't matter in the end. Fox will lose money and will act surprised when it flops. "I Thought They Would See It Anyway"

I know somebody's gonna be mad when I say this but if you want to get their attention. Don't go see DOFP. Money is the only language they understand..
Maybe you're right - maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part. I guess my point though is more that they are listening in the sense that they are worried that with the backlash this film is getting that they won't be able to turn a tidy profit like they've calculated (brand name recognition with modest gross minus low budget, cheap hungry director, cheap young actors = profit ka ching!). That's not so guaranteed and this is a HUGE risk for all parties. A risk for the fans in that this film could easily lock the FF in development hell for another decade and a risk for Fox because they stand to lose many many millions by totally misreading their target audience.

I agree completely that they couldn't give two hoots about what we feel as fans regarding integrity of the source material blah blah BLAH but if it's going to hit them in the wallet well that's another matter altogether.

As far as a Fox boycott, I am actually with you. I don't want to just throw my favorite super team under the bus but if this film turns out the way I fear it will, I will absolutely not see it. It would have to get an RT score north of 90% for me even to think about it and I would have to read reviews in advance that it surprised us all and was actually true to the source material and a spectacle deserving of the name "Fantastic Four". I don't care how great a film it is if it is a Fantastic Four "in-name-only" film. I want the real deal.

I purposely avoided the Wolverine last year because I'm ticked at Fox and even though I like Singer's first two X-Men films I may not see DOFP. I haven't decided yet. It already looks somewhat derivative to me based on the trailers but if it is well received and gets stellar reviews, I will probably watch it although I may not see it in the theaters. It's not a "must see" film to me by any means. By the time it's released, I should know if Fox has started filming FF yet. If they have, then I'm going full boycott. If Fox officially abandons the FF project by that point, then in celebration I will be at Days of Future Past opening weekend.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #110
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,422
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Not to mention the market is going to be overcrowded now that everyone is trying to "be like Marvel". I saw the latest X-Men trailer and my first reaction was we are witnessing the beginning of the copycats - a panning circle shot ala Avengers, Sentinels that look just like the Destroyer, and a character that to most people will probably find indistinguishable from the Human Torch. Meanwhile the poster looks exactly like a Marvel Studios poster. Between Fox, Sony, WB and Marvel Studios, I worry general audiences are just going to burn out on this stuff. I already see people complaining about the formulaic "battle royale" at the end of every CBM. My wife almost stopped watching CBM's after seeing Man of Steel with me. Thankfully Thor redeemed them for her.
Count my wife among those who typically doesn't like comic book movies - she hated both First Class and The Avengers - but loved both of the Thor films. Besides the obvious visual appeal of Hemsworth and Hiddleston, the grandeur of Asgard, the romance and the humor (my wife and I both thought Darcy was adorable) seems to appeal more to female viewers. Both films share many aspects of Disney fairy tales and romantic comedies. It's nice to see Marvel covering all their bases.

Zarex is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #111
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post

I know somebody's gonna be mad when I say this but if you want to get their attention. Don't go see DOFP. Money is the only language they understand..

My problem with boycotting DOFP is it looks like it may be a good movie and they're doing some of things right with that one that they refuse to do with FF.

I just wish they'd recognize the potential FF has if done right and give it the kind of resources and attention they're willing to give X-Men.

I realize some don't want this in Fox's hands under any circumstances, but I'd be fine with Fox if they did it right. And other than the character sharing issue, there's no reason Fox couldn't make better films than Marvel ever has (if they just understood how and wanted to).

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #112
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 7,896
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

DOFP looks good to me so I think it'd be a bit silly for me to boycott that film because Fox appear to ballsing up this one.

I'd rather go and (hopefully) enjoy that film, and simply not see this if it looks as bad as I suspect it will.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #113
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I disagree. Fox isn't listening to the Fans. They never have and never will. The only thing that may have them nervous is how much of a budget they want to commit per the scripts they've been offered. It's all about money. They're probably nervous that they may not make as much of a profit or may lose money but very much still want to make the movie to fulfill the agreement so the rights don't revert so they might be able to do a crossover with their Marvel Properties (though as whether they can actually do that is still a gray area).

We need to come to the realization the to FOX the fans don't matter Rothman or not. They have the same, Archaic views about the Fans vs the GA attitude that many posters here still hold. "They'll See Its Anyway" if we make it look pretty enough.

So were debating with ourselves but nobody's listening but ourselves.

But it all doesn't matter in the end. Fox will lose money and will act surprised when it flops. "I Thought They Would See It Anyway"

I know somebody's gonna be mad when I say this but if you want to get their attention. Don't go see DOFP. Money is the only language they understand..
But if DOFP is actually good, you be boycotting a quality product Fox has made and what kind of message does that send? Plus Fox makes other non super hero movies and TV shows, are you going to boycott those as well? Are you going to stop watching the main Fox channel and FX, 12 Years A Slave is made by Fox search light, should fans boycott that?

I liked X-Men First Class more then Thor and Captain America, I am looking forward to DOFP more then the next Spider-Man movie (I'm still unhappy that they rebooted that series when I didn't think it was necessary).

Really whether I see this FF film in theaters depends on word of mouth, if it gets great reviews and people are raving about I will see it theaters, otherwise I will just skip it.

In regards to an FF film, I just want to see a good film, I don't care who makes or if its 100% faithful to the Silver Age FF, I will see it as long as its a good film on its own, sure being part of the MCU would be nice, but I don't need a ton of continuity to enjoy an FF film and I don't think not having the Inhumans will break the franchise.


Last edited by The Overlord; 03-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.
The Overlord is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #114
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Count my wife among those who typically doesn't like comic book movies - she hated both First Class and The Avengers - but loved both of the Thor films. Besides the obvious visual appeal of Hemsworth and Hiddleston, the grandeur of Asgard, the romance and the humor (my wife and I both thought Darcy was adorable) seems to appeal more to female viewers. Both films share many aspects of Disney fairy tales and romantic comedies. It's nice to see Marvel covering all their bases.
Yeah Thor's a huge hit in our house. Once it came out on Blu-Ray and my wife watched it again she was like "Wow I forgot how much I really liked this film". I like how Marvel is using each of their different franchises to attract a slightly different audience.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #115
EssayM
Just A Guy
 
EssayM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 658
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

A thought just occurred to me:

Maybe Fox is waiting to see how DOFP does financially to be sure that FC and TW weren't flukes and Marvel movies really are worth giving their all to? And maybe if DOFP is a hit (as it looks like it probably will be), Fox might be encouraged to put more effort into this film so they can build their Cinematic Universe?

That might be grasping at straws, but it seems like a possibility.

__________________
I'm not optimistic, I'm just open-minded.
EssayM is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #116
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
But if DOFP is actually good, you be boycotting a quality product Fox has made and what kind of message does that send? Plus Fox makes other non super hero movies and TV shows, are you going to boycott those as well? Are you going to stop watching the main Fox channel and FX, 12 Years A Slave is made by Fox search light, should fans boycott that?
Yes I am struggling with that. I'm going to take a wait and see approach. If the reviews are middling then screw it - don't care. If it actually turns out to be a great film well then that's a different matter.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #117
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
A thought just occurred to me:

Maybe Fox is waiting to see how DOFP does financially to be sure that FC and TW weren't flukes and Marvel movies really are worth giving they're all to? And maybe if DOFP is a hit (as it looks like it probably will be), Fox might be encouraged to put more effort into this film so they can build their Cinematic Universe?

That might be grasping at straws, but it seems like a possibility.
That's my other fear - that a successful DOFP will embolden Fox even further to push forward with the Fantastic Four reboot. I'd be happy if a successful X-Men film got that franchise on the right track but I just can't support the Foxtastic Four. I just want Fox to focus on the X-Men and leave the FF out of this. I'm torn on this at the moment which is why I need to see how well DOFP is received first.

Ragnaroknroll is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #118
jolldan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 146
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

I think this will fail on the cast alone

Miles Teller - Is not Mr Fantastic, he's to young he doesn't look like an scientist and he gives off more of the brash arrogance of youth than that of an Intellectual.

Michael B Jordan & Kate Mara - Ok so they've went with a black guy for human torch big woop the only thing im not overly keen on this casting is different colour bro and sis (Mrs Storm tut tut) but the fact that Kate looks older than Miles is wrong.

Jamie Bell - A fine actor but why, why why have they cast him as the thing? I take there gonna do it that Ben isn't really tough and gets pushed around and will probably enjoy the new power to begin with as the Thing but I think there were many better actors for this role. To be fair I think there were better actors for every role they've cast so far.

jolldan is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #119
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
That's my other fear - that a successful DOFP will embolden Fox even further to push forward with the Fantastic Four reboot. I'd be happy if a successful X-Men film got that franchise on the right track but I just can't support the Foxtastic Four. I just want Fox to focus on the X-Men and leave the FF out of this. I'm torn on this at the moment which is why I need to see how well DOFP is received first.
Or maybe if DOFP is good, it will convince Fox do a good job on FF if it does well or if comic book fans boycott DOFP Fox will think fans are being unreasonable and Fox will be less likely

However the most realistic outcome is, a few FF fans choosing to boycott DOFP will have no impact, it won't dissuade the general public from seeing it or even X-Men fans. The people here who proposing a boycott, do you think people on the X-Men boards would go along with it?

People here can choose to watch or not watch any films they want, but I don't think a few FF fans boycotting DOFP will make any difference.

Either Fox makes a good movie or somehow the movie goes into production hell and Marvel gets the rights back, those are only two good outcomes, but don't count on the later, it could happen, but I think they already set a date for FF2.

The Overlord is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #120
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,131
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
But if DOFP is actually good, you be boycotting a quality product Fox has made and what kind of message does that send? Plus Fox makes other non super hero movies and TV shows, are you going to boycott those as well? Are you going to stop watching the main Fox channel and FX, 12 Years A Slave is made by Fox search light, should fans boycott that?

I liked X-Men First Class more then Thor and Captain America, I am looking forward to DOFP more then the next Spider-Man movie (I'm still unhappy that they rebooted that series when I didn't think it was necessary).

Really whether I see this FF film in theaters depends on word of mouth, if it gets great reviews and people are raving about I will see it theaters, otherwise I will just skip it.

In regards to an FF film, I just want to see a good film, I don't care who makes or if its 100% faithful to the Silver Age FF, I will see it as long as its a good film on its own, sure being part of the MCU would be nice, but I don't need a continuity to enjoy an FF film and I don't think not having the Inhumans will break the franchise.
I think that you are 100% correct.
Just curious, would people be interested in a boycott of an FF film if there was no possibilty of the rights going back to Marvel Studios ?

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #121
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband
 
Willie Lumpkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 4,754
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

On the subject of Fox listening to us, remember that awful synopsis that seemed to tie their origin to a government project?

The one being used now says they gain their powers after a mission in space.

So I think that shows at least some evidence of listening to us. Since I'll b**** about it when they don't listen to us, I have to be fair and point out situations like that in which it seems like they do listen.

__________________
Check out my best-selling Science Fiction novel: Land of Nod, The Artifact
Willie Lumpkin is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #122
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
On the subject of Fox listening to us, remember that awful synopsis that seemed to tie their origin to a government project?

The one being used now says they gain their powers after a mission in space.

So I think that shows at least some evidence of listening to us. Since I'll b**** about it when they don't listen to us, I have to be fair and point out situations like that in which it seems like they do listen.
Speaking of origins, I am wondering if it would be best to gloss over the origin a bit. The problem with the first film is it didn't have a story besides the origin and for the FF the origin is just an excuse to give them powers, it doesn't have a character arc like the Spider-Man or Iron Man origins.

Maybe they could cover the FF's origin in a news broadcast in the beginning of the film and then movie to the main story, get to the real meat. They already did an FF origin film, now it would be good if we saw something else.

The biggest problem I had with Amazing Spider-Man, is because they did the origin again, it felt too similar to the first film and that ruined my enjoyment of that film. Plus Fox would want to make their film as different as the 2005 film as possible, having the origin and Doom again seems covering too much of the old territory.

The Overlord is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #123
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
But if DOFP is actually good, you be boycotting a quality product Fox has made and what kind of message does that send? Plus Fox makes other non super hero movies and TV shows, are you going to boycott those as well? Are you going to stop watching the main Fox channel and FX, 12 Years A Slave is made by Fox search light, should fans boycott that?

I liked X-Men First Class more then Thor and Captain America, I am looking forward to DOFP more then the next Spider-Man movie (I'm still unhappy that they rebooted that series when I didn't think it was necessary).

Really whether I see this FF film in theaters depends on word of mouth, if it gets great reviews and people are raving about I will see it theaters, otherwise I will just skip it.

In regards to an FF film, I just want to see a good film, I don't care who makes or if its 100% faithful to the Silver Age FF, I will see it as long as its a good film on its own, sure being part of the MCU would be nice, but I don't need a continuity to enjoy an FF film and I don't think not having the Inhumans will break the franchise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll
That's my other fear - that a successful DOFP will embolden Fox even further to push forward with the Fantastic Four reboot. I'd be happy if a successful X-Men film got that franchise on the right track but I just can't support the Foxtastic Four. I just want Fox to focus on the X-Men and leave the FF out of this. I'm torn on this at the moment which is why I need to see how well DOFP is received first.
Well I'm in the camp that didn't think XM-FC wasn't the masterpiece that others thought it was so, me personally skipping DOFP like I did TW isn't a big hardship for me to bear.

That being said, I understand the reasoning not to boycott a film because of another property but Ragnaroknroll has a legitimate fear that that thought of a blockbuster X-Men BO may say "We can do anything with this Marvel brand and they'll still come". The only way to put doubt in the Marvel Brand and a whole is if DOFP disappoints BO wise. Then they'll not only be rethinking the X-Men but will rethink the Marvel Brand as a whole. Who knows maybe if its not profitable they may give it all back. Its all about Money.

Its all dumb and non-rational. But its about money and not the art. And if the art no longer turns a profit then throw the piece out..

As far as other Fox Films this argument is Non Sequitur because I'm only referring to Marvel IP Characters

As far as boycotting TV I rarely watch Fox anyway outside of Almost Human and thats gonna be cancelled soon or nor renewed anyway. But TV is driven by nielsen rating and advertising dollars. Fox has to depend only on BO and DVD/BLU Ray to make any returns on budgets for their Marvel Properties..

Also if the reviews are out of the park I may go but I'll be Marvel satisfied with Just CA-TWS in a few weeks and ASM2 first Week of May..

Everybody can wish they make a Great FF movie but it still wont matter in the end. Only the profits matter and the FF will struggle with that regardless

Edit: Marvel/Disney not only will make a better FF but they're truly the only ones that can turn a profit on the franchise with not only at the BO but because of the merchandising opportunities too. To be real, this movies is meant to keep Marvel/Disney in some kind of check in not have one more thing to sell in TRU,Walmart, etc .. For what good that does.

So,

Dream on to those who want reversion to Marvel

Dream on to those who want a great and quality film

Dream on on those who want a BO smash so that the FF2 will be realized

Neither of these are likely to happen.. Only the Flop in June 2015

But they. Fox don't hear me.. Heck they don't hear anyone but their own voices


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 03-26-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #124
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Well I'm in the camp that didn't think XM-FC wasn't the masterpiece that others thought it was so, me personally skipping DOFP like I did TW isn't a big hardship for me to bear.

That being said, I understand the reasoning not to boycott a film because of another property but Ragnaroknroll has a legitimate fear that that thought of a blockbuster X-Men BO may say "We can do anything with this Marvel brand and they'll still come". The only way to put doubt in the Marvel Brand and a whole is if DOFP disappoints BO wise. Then they'll not only be rethinking the X-Men but will rethink the Marvel Brand as a whole. Who knows maybe if its not profitable they may give it all back. Its all about Money.

Its all dumb and non-rational. But its about money and not the art. And if the art no longer turns a profit then throw the piece out..

As far as boycotting TV I rarely watch Fox anyway outside of Almost Human and thats gonna be cancelled soon or nor renewed anyway. But TV is driven by nielsen rating and advertising dollars. Fox has to depend only on BO and DVD/BLU Ray to make any returns on budgets for their Marvel Properties..

Also if the reviews are out of the park I may go but I'll be Marvel satisfied with Just CA-TWS in a few weeks and ASM2 first Week of May..

Everybody can wish they make a Great FF movie but it still wont matter in the end. Only the profits matter and the FF will struggle with that regardless
Well you can choose to watch what ever movie you want, but do really think a few FF fans boycotting DOFP will make any difference, would anyone on the X-Men board go along that? As long as X-Men fans and more importantly the genera public watch the film, that is what matters, two or three people on this board boycotting DOFP would be purely symbolic, its naive to think your choice to boycott that film will have any effect on Fox at all.

I'm looking forward to DOFP more then Amazing Spider-Man 2 at this point.

The Overlord is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #125
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Well you can choose to watch what ever movie you want, but do really think a few FF fans boycotting DOFP will make any difference, would anyone on the X-Men board go along that? As long as X-Men fans and more importantly the genera public watch the film, that is what matters, two or three people on this board boycotting DOFP would be purely symbolic, its naive to think your choice to boycott that film will have any effect on Fox at all.

I'm looking forward to DOFP more then Amazing Spider-Man 2 at this point.
Oh I agree that my personal feelings are insignificant. And the fans in the X-Men board I don't go there so I don't have any feeling toward them. But the truth is the truth and If DOFP is a smash then all the FF reversion talk is moot. Just saying that If fans really wanted the Fox Marvel properties to return to Marvel then they wouldn't support Fox's Marvel Movies. Simple. If not then they don't want it that bad...

I'm good either way. I can wish whatever but reality rules..

And I'm the other way around as far as DOFP and ASM2 on what I'm most likely to see.. But thats just me really and less to do if I'm contributing to a boycott.


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 03-26-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Dr Tactics is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.