The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Default Fav MCU Franchise and why

I did a quick search to see if there were any threads like this and haven't found one so here it goes. As the title asks, what is your personal favourite MCU franchise and why? I think we should leave out Avengers simply because that would be everyone's go to.

My personal fav, and probably the one I get most frustrated with, would have to be the Thor films. So much potential for epic CBM action but it has failed to reach the heights i've imagined. Plus i'm a sucker for fantasy so i'll keep tuning in.

So out of the solo franchises (Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America or Thor) which do you prefer and what makes it so?

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
universeman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fav MCU Franchise and why

Captain America is my favorite I really like TFA and how it played out a great movie also looking forward to TWS there is something about Captain America I really like.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Probably the Thor franchise, I was left cold by the second but it's their best sequel so far imo..

I liked the first Cap movie as much as Thor but don't have any interest in the second. The first Iron Man was excellent but the sequels very poor

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
Mr. Dent
Banned User

For now, Captain America. His backstory is the most relatable.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
Lord
All Mighty

You shouldn't leave The Avengers out, it was honestly one of my least favorite MCU films. I haven't watched Winter Soldier yet, but up until now, my favorite franchise is Iron Man, it's actually one of my all time favorite popcorn blockbuster fun type of movies, i just hope the 4th film can be as incredibly entertaining as the 3rd film was.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
Ant-manic
Banned User

Ant-Man...totes magotes

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #7
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
Ant-Man...totes magotes
If we're talking the future i gotta go with some Strange

Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

It's hard to say. Captain America: TFA was one of my favorites, but I haven't seen the Winter Soldier yet. On the other hand it's definitely not the Thor franchise which has so far been to me average (Thor) or mediocre (The Dark World). The Hulk 'franchise' is pretty much non-existent. So it'd have to be Iron Man. It's what kick started the MCU and Iron Man is one of my favorite Superhero movies. Even when it's bad, IM2 is still highly entertaining.

So yeah, Iron Man for me.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 AM   #9
Silvermoth
Avenger

Besides the avengers (obviously), has to be iron man because I gravitate towards the science fiction themes

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Captain America, as it's two-for-two. Two very different films, the first good, the second great.

Whereas Iron Man and Thor both have good original films and average sequels (all of which I enjoy, mind you).

Uncle Radiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
def28
Side-Kick

Current: Caps my favorite character and Iron Man has had the strongest films, but probably Thor. I really dig the adventure/ fantasy aspect along with the rivalry of Thor and Loki. Definitely the most interesting hero/villain relationship. Really need some Enchantress now though.

May prefer the Cap franchise when I see Winter Soldier. Not really a fair opinion when others have more films.

Future: GOTG, Hawkeye and Runaways hopefully

Last edited by def28; 03-26-2014 at 03:49 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
venom892
Got Lucky

I think this would be best anwsered once Thor and Cap finish their trilogies. I mean Hulk isn't even really a franchise as it's only really had one film in the MCU.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #13
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmelo View Post
I did a quick search to see if there were any threads like this and haven't found one so here it goes. As the title asks, what is your personal favourite MCU franchise and why? I think we should leave out Avengers simply because that would be everyone's go to.

My personal fav, and probably the one I get most frustrated with, would have to be the Thor films. So much potential for epic CBM action but it has failed to reach the heights i've imagined. Plus i'm a sucker for fantasy so i'll keep tuning in.

So out of the solo franchises (Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America or Thor) which do you prefer and what makes it so?
I haven't seen TWS yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't change my opinion. The Thor franchise is my hands down favorite. I love the mix of sci-fi and fantasy, but it doesn't feel cliche because of the medieval atmosphere. Add to that the Thor characters are so different from me it is fun seeing something new. Also, bonus points for having the best Marvel villain in Loki!

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #14
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post
I haven't seen TWS yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't change my opinion. The Thor franchise is my hands down favorite. I love the mix of sci-fi and fantasy, but it doesn't feel cliche because of the medieval atmosphere. Add to that the Thor characters are so different from me it is fun seeing something new. Also, bonus points for having the best Marvel villain in Loki!
Agreed, I want them to go all out for his third film. Open it with Surtur completely destroying Korbin and a struggling Beta Ray Bill fighting for his peoples survival. Than have the Warriors Three come across the wreckage of the battle and bring Bill back to Asgard. Once back he relays the coming of Surtur, everyone goes crazy like "WE NEED THOR!!!" Than they go get him and everyone fights!!!! lol but real fighting, not falling through portals and cracking dumb jokes in the middle of what is supposed to be the final battle of ur movie.

oh yes and Loki will be there doing his thing

Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #15
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

This would be an interesting question once there's a Cap trilogy, Thor trilogy, and Avengers trilogy to go along with the Iron Man trilogy.

While I think it's too early for this question, I look forward to the end of phase three so we can look back and ask questions like this.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #16
Jedi_Atticus
Newbie First Class

While I love all of them, I like TFA the best of the ones that are out. I'm looking forward to TWS and Ant-Man will most likely replace that when it comes out.

Reason I love the Cap film(s) is because I can easily relate to Steve and wanting to do something and be apart of it but being turned down due to medical reasons.

Last edited by Jedi_Atticus; 03-30-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Jedi_Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #17
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I will revisit this after I see TWS. I am guessing it will be my favorite MCU sequel, but I can't confirm that until I see it. Obviously, it will be hard for any franchise to exclipse Avengers from me, but of the solos, it is an interesting discussion. One I shall weigh in on at great length this weekend.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #18
Rorschach2012
$

Captain America or Iron Man.

I disliked TFA on my first viewing but it's grown to be my favorite solo Marvel Studios movie.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #19
Ultron-5
Chicks love the car.

They need to make a hulk sequel. My favorite mcu franchise is captain America.

Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #20
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

It's hard for me to discuss the franchises overall when Iron Man has 3 films, Thor has 2, and Cap's second one is only just coming out and many haven't seen it. It'll be easier once I see Cap's second film, but to say the Cap series is better than the Thor series just based on 1 movie is somewhat unfair, and vice versa.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #21
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
It's hard for me to discuss the franchises overall when Iron Man has 3 films, Thor has 2, and Cap's second one is only just coming out and many haven't seen it. It'll be easier once I see Cap's second film, but to say the Cap series is better than the Thor series just based on 1 movie is somewhat unfair, and vice versa.
This is a good point.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #22
BatsDC
Tranktastic

Winter Soldier was so fantastic that I'd be kidding myself if I didn't say Cap.

I fully expect that to change when Avengers 2 comes out, however.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #23
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Right now it's a head to head race between Cap and the Avengers.

Won't know until 2018 who wins and by then there will be other contenders like Ant-Man, GotG, Dr. Strange and hopefully Black Panther and Ms. Marvel.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #24
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I love how varied the opinions are on this matter.Personally
I don't have an absolute favourite franchise because honestly I love them all .

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:38 AM   #25
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I'm looking forward to the MCU being opened up beyond just the main Avengers characters, as of now the MCU is pretty much the ACU. Hopefully Guardians does well and we can get some more variety on the big screen, I'd love a Nova movie and an Inhumans one.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 04-01-2014 at 05:41 AM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote