The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 04-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #26
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fallout from The Winter Soldier [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Or, why even forge a body for itself to manifest physically, when he/it can *borrow* one...?

I've always been a firm believer and advocate for Extremis Armor showing up in AOU. It's a logical next step for Tony --- IM3 set up Extremis, and Tony has been working towards perfecting his armor to the point that it literally becomes an extension of his own body and mind. That's what Extremis/Bleeding Edge is in the comics: the armor is literally sheathed *inside* Tony's body and under his skin through nanotech, and is controlled by Tony's mind. So, if a powerful AI like Ultron hacked into that, he would literally own Tony Stark/Iron Man. Make a few "alterations" and "upgrades" here and there, as Ultron is wont to do, and voila --- Iron Man literally becomes Ultron. Which is what I believe the point of that SDCC teaser trailer was all along.

(I said "literally" too many times in this post. Literally.)

Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 PM   #27
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Hydra is way to big and popular. Feige and company might need to reevaluate things. Hydra may need a bigger role. Hopefully the wild goose chase the Avengers are on takes a nice amount of screen time.

I feel a Master's of Evil (just call them The Masters) sold as a Evil Avengers group would be insanely popular in a future movie

MakeMinesMarvel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #28
bored
One Sexy Lemur

Ultron starts off as brilliant but put-upon scientest Ron T. Ullman (played by James Spader). At some point one of his sessions with his new robotic lover go horribly wrong. And thus, ULTRON.

G D
H S
T
Y
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #29
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

or ULTRONs voice could come from Tonys best friend Ron Tully that died but he has a footage/audio of them hanging out.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #30
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

I really want Sam Wilson to be a full member of The Avengers now. He can take Hawkeye's place as far as I'm concerned.

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #31
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I really want Sam Wilson to be a full member of The Avengers now. He can take Hawkeye's place as far as I'm concerned.
Lol! Those rabid Hawkeye fans gone get you! But it's a shame we want see him until Cap 3 and hopefully going into Avengers 3 they bring him into the fold. But with the way Cap ended, he without a doubt should've at least appear in AOU.

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #32
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

SHIELD won't be gone forever, I'm pretty sure they'll resurface in some manner down the line in the MCU.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #33
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
But with the way Cap ended, he without a doubt should've at least appear in AOU.
Agreed, TWS' ending implied Sam would be tagging along with Steve to hunt down Bucky. It would make perfect sense if they were interrupted mid-hunt by whatever crisis kicks off AOU. As much as I like Cheadle as Rhodey, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Falcon be in AOU.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #34
TheVision

Falcon will be in A3 for sure. Plus Cap 3. He's gonna be back for more flying.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
Just_Human
Side-Kick

I think Tony upgrades Jarvis to counteract Zola.

Not to mention it's gonna be personal, if he learns that Zola/hydra killed his parents

Zola wins, hacking Jarvis, resulting in Ultron.
But Jarvis, probably powered by his survival instincts, synthetizes a part of him (non hacked part or some sort of backup) to become Vision.

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #36
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod1985 View Post
Agreed, TWS' ending implied Sam would be tagging along with Steve to hunt down Bucky. It would make perfect sense if they were interrupted mid-hunt by whatever crisis kicks off AOU. As much as I like Cheadle as Rhodey, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Falcon be in AOU.
That definitely makes much more sense. I really don't think Joss thought through it now looking back at it. And I agree about seeing Falcon over Rhodey too. I would want Rhodes to appear just as his rank and let Falcon be in the field with the Avengers.

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #37
TheVision

I cant wait to see which of our many theories about ULTRON and other things in A2 are closest to the real deal

Old 04-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #38
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post

Not to mention it's gonna be personal, if he learns that Zola/hydra killed his parents

But Jarvis, probably powered by his survival instincts, synthetizes a part of him (non hacked part or some sort of backup) to become Vision.
I would add to my post that if Zola doesn't hack Jarvis, their fight could lead to a collision course that will somehow create Ultron AI, and a conflicted one.
Remember, Whedon stated that Ultron is always angry, and in the comics he has daddy issues.

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #39
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Personally I feel the Ultron project might be a direct result of the SHIELD fallout... With SHIELD gone, this prototype AI Ultron, gets pushed to be the new Global Protection watch dog. A Perfect AI or so they think at least.
makes sense, he could also be a creation of Stark (pre-Jarvis or Post)

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #40
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
That definitely makes much more sense. I really don't think Joss thought through it now looking back at it. And I agree about seeing Falcon over Rhodey too. I would want Rhodes to appear just as his rank and let Falcon be in the field with the Avengers.
Falcon not being in AoU is going to be a huge problem, they're gonna have to at least reference him not being there. The guy was practically Cap's sidekick by the end of TWS

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #41
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Falcon not being in AoU is going to be a huge problem, they're gonna have to at least reference him not being there. The guy was practically Cap's sidekick by the end of TWS
They didn't bother to say where Hawkeye was in TWS, nor Rhodey in Avengers.

Ghostcrow13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #42
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Hawkeye - absolutely no reason for him to be in TWS, SHIELD is a worldwide organisation, and he's just another agent

Rhodey - The Chitauri invasion happens over a very small period of time, so if he's elsewhere, he wouldn't be able to scramble in time. The Avengers Initiative doesn't involve him

That's those two explained...

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #43
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

There you go, they don't need a line in the movie for us to come up with ways they are not involved in the plot.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #44
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Falcon is a bit different, he's actively working with Cap at the close of TWS. None of the others were

Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #45
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Didn't someone state last year that there's a comic that explains where Rhodey was during the events of Avengers?

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #46
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Didn't someone state last year that there's a comic that explains where Rhodey was during the events of Avengers?
Yeah he was in Afghanistan I think, my point was the films haven't directly stated where someone who could/should be involved is before so I don't think they have to with falcon. I get falcon is basically partner to Cap now, but in the Avengers they had all the big guns together but no one mentioned Rhodey you think they might have called him in, he would have been useful. And in TWS no one said 'Hawkeye is out on a mission' which just assume he was.

We could assume when the Avengers come a calling Falcon suggest he continues looking for Bucky whilst Cap is goes to help.

I do actually think falcon will be mentioned (although I thought Clint would be mentioned in TWS) but I don't think it is necessary.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #47
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post

Good call. I like that train of thought.

Quote:
Yeah he was in Afghanistan I think, my point was the films haven't directly stated where someone who could/should be involved is before so I don't think they have to with falcon. I get falcon is basically partner to Cap now, but in the Avengers they had all the big guns together but no one mentioned Rhodey you think they might have called him in, he would have been useful. And in TWS no one said 'Hawkeye is out on a mission' which just assume he was.

We could assume when the Avengers come a calling Falcon suggest he continues looking for Bucky whilst Cap is goes to help.

I do actually think falcon will be mentioned (although I thought Clint would be mentioned in TWS) but I don't think it is necessary.
The IM3 prequel comic showed that Tony had sent WM off to Hong Kong to fight a stray Ten Rings cell just before The Battle of New York broke out. It was an excuse, and a pretty lame one; they can't keep doing that to explain away the absence of WM and/or Falcon. Especially considering that Rhodey and Sam are, you know, actual Avengers in the comics.

Joss is going to face major continuity fallout if he doesn't address the ending of TWS. TWS set Cap on a story arc that saw him trying to track down Bucky at the end of the movie; it was pretty well implied that Natasha and Sam would still be along for the ride. If Joss tries to sweep that aside without explaining onscreen why neither Bucky nor Sam Wilson are present in the movie, there's going to be a major backlash from the continuity brigade.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #48
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Joss is going to face major continuity fallout if he doesn't address the ending of TWS. TWS set Cap on a story arc that saw him trying to track down Bucky at the end of the movie; it was pretty well implied that Natasha and Sam would still be along for the ride. If Joss tries to sweep that aside without explaining onscreen why neither Bucky nor Sam Wilson are present in the movie, there's going to be a major backlash from the continuity brigade.

Agree about Sam, but not about Bucky. Sam needs to be in AoU, because he and Cap are like Batman and Robin now. And he's a great new character too, and really screams out for inclusion as a real Avenger for about a thousand reasons.

Bucky is deliberately trying not to be found, so he doesn't need to be in AoU because he doesn't want to be seen. That makes sense. From Cap's perspective, it would be like you're at work doing a long-term project, but something else comes up and you have to lend your time to another team for an urgent situation, before going back to your original project.

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #49
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

Quote:
:
Natasha seemed more like she was off to do her own thing, but Sam definitely was definitely going to go along with Cap to find Bucky. At this point, as much as I love Cheadle as Rhodey, I'd rather have Mackie's Falcon in AOU. Partially for continuity as you pointed out, partially for the different skill set and visuals Falcon brings long.

But, I see no reason why both Rhodey and Sam can't be involved. If Ultron truly is a global threat you can just separate Tony and Rhodey so there's not skill redundancy at each battle.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #50
TheVision

If we could get just one cool scene with Falcon in AOU finale, it would be so awesome