The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: VILLAIN FOR BVS AND JL?
Brainiac 5 17.86%
Doomsday 8 28.57%
Darkseid 7 25.00%
Amazo 1 3.57%
Justice Society (I think this will be better for an stablished JL.) 0 0%
Starro 2 7.14%
Despero 0 0%
Ares 0 0%
White Martians 0 0%
Vandal Savage 1 3.57%
League of Doom (I think this will be better for an stablished JL. 2 7.14%
Mongul 0 0%
Atlanteans 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default żIs Brainiac the villian between Superman/Batman and JL? Which other if not?

Taking as the big cliffhanger reported, if true, we need a big villain. The best option that came in my mind, the most logical and one of the greatest oponent is Brainiac.

I've always wanted to see Brainiac from Colu.
Of course are others but I can't think of another aside of Darkseid (reserve it for sequels) you have to take in consideration that most of JL villains are aliens. Could be magical, atlanteans but I need your opinion also.

If you don't think He's the main threat. Post the one that you think is the connecting villain.

Last edited by John-An; 05-05-2014 at 08:11 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Default Re: żIs Brainiac the villian between Superman/Batman and JL? Which other if not?

He reminds me of Swamp Thing in that image.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: żIs Brainiac the villian between Superman/Batman and JL? Which other if not?

Killer Moth will be the main villain in Justice League.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
shauner111
Side-Kick

I really think it's Brainiac now. Darkseid leaves nothing for a possible sequel. And we know they'll do one. So Brainiac it is.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

please forgive me but i voted Starro.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I really think it's Brainiac now. Darkseid leaves nothing for a possible sequel. And we know they'll do one. So Brainiac it is.
Good point. I think in Superman VS Batman, the villains will be Lex and Metallo. Everyone is expecting Darkseid to be the main villain and kickoff to JL, but you could be right since Snyder said SM/BM explodes both universes and with this universe set in the MoS-verse, Brainiac could be the Justice League villain with Darkseid used for JL2 and then have Doomsday for a Superman-solo down the road.

So many possibilities.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
shauner111
Side-Kick

I dont think it's Metallo for BvS, it'll be Doomsday. Im almost sure of it. If it isn't, they'll keep him for the final Cavill-Superman movie. But if they do use Doomsday next, they're not leaving a lot of room for a future Superman film in this universe.

Maybe they won't do another Superman movie. They could use him and possibly Batman for team-ups only. And that could be why they decide to use Doomsday in 2016. Otherwise, they won't have a chance.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

I think that its gona be Doomsday and Metallo. Cavill has mentioned Doomsday twice (Cavill also talked about Cyborg) and Doomsday was mentioned on the DVD special features. And i have a feeling Lex is gona make several Metallos one of them being Cyborg. (Theyl be connected). If they use Doomsday im sure that leaves plenty other villians for future solo supes movies. Doomsday doesnt have to be the death of Superman. I dnt wna see him die. just close to dying.

ShoguN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ive had that feeling for a while about Cyborg. Lex is responsible for Victor Stone's transformation somewhat. He may try to use him but it backfires. Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman get inside Vic's head and he sides with them.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #10
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Ive had that feeling for a while about Cyborg. Lex is responsible for Victor Stone's transformation somewhat. He may try to use him but it backfires. Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman get inside Vic's head and he sides with them.
Yea that makes sense. I wouldnt be surprised if they make Batman the antagonist through supes eyes either (through half of the film). Theres so many things they can do with this film its impossible to predict. Itl be easier when we get set photos ect

Old 05-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I would prefer Brainiac to be in a solo Superman movie.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
shauner111
Side-Kick

Me too, but if i was a betting man, i wouldnt bet a dime on them doing more Superman movies. There's a reason why Batman vs Superman is being made as the sequel to MOS.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #13
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Yea maybe we can wait atleast one more movie before another alien invasion.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #14
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

It might depend on the success and general audience reaction to bvs and jl that determines if we get more supes solo films.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #15
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Brainiac will be the puppetmaster of the trilogy.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #16
CK_ALL_DAY
Side-Kick

They should use the so called Film Critics as the villains in at least one of them, preferably JL. I can see it now...

**Batman throws a tomato Batarang in which Superman uses heat vision to explode the tomato on insert critic's face while Wonder Woman hooks the critic with her lasso of truth and pulls him close, tightening it even more and calmly asks, "How do you like those tomatoes now?" The Flash zooms by and pulls the critics pants down just as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) arrives and comments, "Now that's what I'd call a rotten tomato"**

End scene

Last edited by CK_ALL_DAY; 05-04-2014 at 05:53 PM.
CK_ALL_DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #17
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Old 05-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
Rorschach2012
$

There are so many villains that can work here. Doomsday Brainiac or Metallo seem to be the most likely

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #19
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Batman is the villain of the movie, get used to it.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
InJustice
Side-Kick

How exactly does Brainiac work? If you assume the typical Kryptonian origin, then you have to realize that Snyder's Krypton doesn't really have a Brainiac type of character, plus, you waste precious screen time trying to retcon and show how Brainiac was a big deal in Krypton. If you want to go the Colu route, then it reeks of not only being generic, but also Zod v.2.0 since it's basically another alien invasion plot.

I just don't see how Brainiac works in the context of Man of Steel without making a dramatic change in his origins.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #21
Side-Kick

I've never been a fan of Brainiac. Main villain in BvS should be Lex + Metallo. If they include a cliffhanger villain for JL I'd say it should be Atlanteans. I think staying terrestrial for a few films is best - too many alien invasion flicks the last few years, including MoS and Avengers.

I think you have Vandal Savage & The Legion of Doom in JL2, and Darkseid for JL3. In between those movies you can use all the various other villains in solo and team-up movies (i.e. Brainiac and/or Doomsday for MoS 3, White Martians for an origin story MM movie, Ares in a WW film, etc...)

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #22
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Villain for Justice League well start with Darkseid.

Then later on you can have Anti Monitor, Legion of Doom, Vandal Savage etc.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #23
Neonzel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Villain for Justice League well start with Darkseid.

Then later on you can have Anti Monitor, Legion of Doom, Vandal Savage etc.
I would love for them to start with Darksied. But I don't think they will.

Neonzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #24
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

It's funny when I think about it, but I firmly believe that the best iteration of Braniac isn't even in a DC movie or TV show.

It's the Borg Queen from First Contact. I love the idea that's been floated around this forum of an actress like Tilda Swinton playing an androgynous version of Brainiac.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #25
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Brainiac would be good villain for the first justice league.

You can show off everyones powers and have them go crazy against robots

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote