The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 02-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
roach
I am the night

Default The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread!

Since the day Batman v Superman was announced fans and rumor mongers theorized and dreamed about what was going to happen in this movie. Sometimes fan theory gets turned into fan 'fact'. More than likely certain individuals like to 'troll' the fandom with made up 'scoops'.

The purpose of this thread is to sort through the noise and find out what's true and what's not. What I will be using to sift through the noise is actual quotes from parties involved and the internet.

Let's begin:

Rumor: Batman is semi-retired.
Source: On Nov 15th 2013 Daniel Alter tweeted: "Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the bat cave."

Investigation: Many people took this to be the truth since Daniel Alter is a producer. Alter's has produced Hitman and The Apparation. Based on Alter's filmography it doesn't seem like he'd be in the know on this movie...a movie that seems to be keeping those who don't need to know...not knowing. Another thing to keep in mind is why would someone with good standing at WB spoil their big movie?

Counter: The tired and wearily description for the Dark Knight comes from WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ra-were-628403
Tsujihara also called Ben Affleck perfect for the next Batman, who he said will be tired, and kind of weary and seasoned" in an untitled sequel to Zack Snyder's Man of Steel that will feature both Batman and Superman.

If this Batman was semi retired then wouldn't that or another adjective been used. Does 'tired, and kind of weary and seasoned' sound like someone that's semi retired?

Conclusion:
I very much doubt that Batman is semi retired in this film. Nothing backs it up and I doubt that people who actually know what this movie is about are gonna tease it on Twitter...but I could be wrong.

roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
Mach2Infinity
Side-Kick

Default Re: The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread! - Part 1

What if Batman is almost the 'General Zod' of the piece? Remember Zod's line: "my actions, no matter how violent or cruel are for the greater good". What if the initial struggle is Superman trying to battle/contain an almost out of control Batman?

This would make it more of Superman's film and it would be an interesting way to depict Batman. Let's also consider this line from producer Charles Roven:

"He's much more of a social animal in the Bruce Wayne incarnation, but he's also an extremely rough guy in the Batman incarnation — very, very, very rough,"

Source

Mach2Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I think Superman is going to be a free agent, taking the government's fears on board but refusing to stop his activities. And Batman will also be a free agent but investigating/trying to stop Superman. So the reverse of TDK Returns.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach2Infinity View Post
What if Batman is almost the 'General Zod' of the piece? Remember Zod's line: "my actions, no matter how violent or cruel are for the greater good". What if the initial struggle is Superman trying to battle/contain an almost out of control Batman?

This would make it more of Superman's film and it would be an interesting way to depict Batman. Let's also consider this line from producer Charles Roven:

"He's much more of a social animal in the Bruce Wayne incarnation, but he's also an extremely rough guy in the Batman incarnation very, very, very rough,"

Source
That's exactly what I've wanted since the movie was announced.

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #6
taigawithapen
A new kind of Wonder

Default Re: The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Since the day Batman v Superman was announced fans and rumor mongers theorized and dreamed about what was going to happen in this movie. Sometimes fan theory gets turned into fan 'fact'. More than likely certain individuals like to 'troll' the fandom with made up 'scoops'.

The purpose of this thread is to sort through the noise and find out what's true and what's not. What I will be using to sift through the noise is actual quotes from parties involved and the internet.

Let's begin:

Rumor: Batman is semi-retired.
Source: On Nov 15th 2013 Daniel Alter tweeted: "Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the bat cave."

Investigation: Many people took this to be the truth since Daniel Alter is a producer. Alter's has produced Hitman and The Apparation. Based on Alter's filmography it doesn't seem like he'd be in the know on this movie...a movie that seems to be keeping those who don't need to know...not knowing. Another thing to keep in mind is why would someone with good standing at WB spoil their big movie?

Counter: The tired and wearily description for the Dark Knight comes from WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ra-were-628403
Tsujihara also called Ben Affleck perfect for the next Batman, who he said will be tired, and kind of weary and seasoned" in an untitled sequel to Zack Snyder's Man of Steel that will feature both Batman and Superman.

If this Batman was semi retired then wouldn't that or another adjective been used. Does 'tired, and kind of weary and seasoned' sound like someone that's semi retired?

Conclusion:
I very much doubt that Batman is semi retired in this film. Nothing backs it up and I doubt that people who actually know what this movie is about are gonna tease it on Twitter...but I could be wrong.
I appreciate the hell out of this post. I think its about time we start clearing up the speculation. What about the Doomsday rumors? They seemed to have come from nothing but I'd be interested in seeing if there has been any validity to them.

taigawithapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #7
Urich Leeds
Wade + Jesse 4Ever

The Doomsday rumors have existed since day 1. And yet, we are no closer to having concrete proof of it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
You would too if you were always rock hard.
Urich Leeds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #8
GreenKToo
In the fire

We know some sorta threat ( besides Lex ) with muscle will be in this, we just dont know who. Most are guessing it's Doomsday.
The theory goes roughly like this~ Lex gets his hands on some kryptonian tech, maybe even zod's body, experiments on it, and things perhaps get out of hand and Doomsday is either created in a lab or discovered by Lex and company while searching for kryptonian tech..

Last edited by GreenKToo; 02-19-2015 at 11:52 AM.
GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #9
rockandrollsoul
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
We know some sorta threat ( besides Lex ) with muscle will be in this, we just dont know who. Most are guessing it's Doomsday.
The theory goes roughly like this~ Lex gets his hands on some kryptonian tech, maybe even zod's body, experiments on it, and things perhaps get out of hand and Doomsday is either created in a lab or discovered by Lex and company while searching for kryptonian tech..
Do we know this? I must've missed that. Do you have a link?

rockandrollsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick

It's either Doomsday or Metallo.

Captain Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #11
TheNextNolan22
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrollsoul View Post
Do we know this? I must've missed that. Do you have a link?
Common sense really. Unless Lex wears the Lexosuit in this movie (which I HIGHLY doubt), there's going to be a secondary physical threat.

Looks like the Joker to me. But what's a movie Joker reveal without a hilarious overreaction?
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #12
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I really hope we get Metallo. We are used to seeing Supes and Bats be able to take out a threat like Corben easy, but let's remember that this would be a first time meeting for them. A cyborg fighting machine powered by Kryptonite would be a fair threat against the World's Finest in their first outing together. Add in some skilled henchman types like KGBeast (rumored due to supposed on set pics) for Batman to handle one on one or possibly Parasite (no proof, just my druthers) thrown in the mix and you could see the threats in the film (guided by The Greatest Criminal Mind Of Pur Time, natch) being more than enough to warrant being opposed by Supes, Bats and WW.

The thing is, even as much as I dislike putting Doomsday in, the memorial stuff, the broken statue ect. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility given the slim evidence. It's FAR from concrete though, true. I would chafe a bit if the beast is in this, but I could deal depending on execution.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #13
shauner111
Side-Kick

Metallo will bore me to tears but if it works instead of jumping the gun with Doomsday, so be it.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #14
rockandrollsoul
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Common sense really. Unless Lex wears the Lexosuit in this movie (which I HIGHLY doubt), there's going to be a secondary physical threat.
I agree it's likely, but by no means is it a guarantee.

rockandrollsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #15
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Metallo will bore me to tears but if it works instead of jumping the gun with Doomsday, so be it.
Ah, but let's look at the potential Corben could have in a slick modern telling. He could be like the Terminator. They could give him multiple out "shells" if you will and he's used to assassinate people at Luthor's request. He can be a forerunner to Cyborg with mission specific add ons and weapons of a wide variety. Then Abin addition to all that he gets equipped with a chunk of a unique radioactive element created by the World Engine process Superman stopped in the Indian Ocean that Luthor discovers.

We as fans are used to seeing him as somebody Batman can take out with a taser but in a big budget live action film, that's not gonna cut it, and I suspect Snyder and Co. know that. If we see him it ain't gonna be as he was on TAS or the comics.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #16
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrollsoul View Post
I agree it's likely, but by no means is it a guarantee.
Lex is great and all, but it's highly unlikely he alone could be the cause of bringing the big three together, unless he either
A) creates some sort of monstrosity thats pretty much unstoppable by the military, or
B) releases something thats also pretty much unstoppable.

you need a physical threat to go up against the big three, you also need a reason to bring the big three together. Lex isnt a physical threat, he is a mental threat. He almost always has muscle to do his heavy lifting while he plays everyone like a six string, and he will need that muscle to keep the big three from taking him down.
Do I know for sure? why no of course not, but, if I were a betting man, i'd bet my clothes that a secondary villain that is the muscle will be in this.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #17
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

I don't get why people think Doomsday is premature. He's just a massive pile of muscles whose only motivation is to destroy! There's nothing more to him. He's not complex and doesn't have much of an interesting backstory. He's just an empty shell.

Captain Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #18
taigawithapen
A new kind of Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shazam View Post
I don't get why people think Doomsday is premature. He's just a massive pile of muscles whose only motivation is to destroy! There's nothing more to him. He's not complex and doesn't have much of an interesting backstory. He's just an empty shell.
Its not that he's a complex character (which I agree, hes the furthest thing from), its the story connotations that are involved with his presence, mainly the Death of Superman. The Death of Superman, in my opinion does feel very early. The guy has only been around for a couple years by the time BvS comes out and I think its just much too soon for him to be killed off. There woudnt be as much of an emotional connection tied to his death.

taigawithapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #19
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yeah, it's not about Doomsday, it's about doing DOS at this point in the DCCU... The second film in this shared cinematic universe. I mean is it possible that Snyder and Terio can cook up something with enough wrinkles that I would go, "Ok... Yeah, I am down with where this is going"? Yeah, but just a straight forward adaptation? I don't see it as beneficial to the what WB/DCE should be trying to do right now. YMMV of course.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #20
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Doomsday does not have to be used only for the Death of Superman. I really don't like that assumption. I hope that storyline never see live action, but would love to see the JL or Supes vs Doomsday.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #21
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoguN View Post
Doomsday does not have to be used only for the Death of Superman. I really don't like that assumption. I hope that storyline never see live action, but would love to see the JL or Supes vs Doomsday.
He does as that's the purpose the character was created for. To kill Superman. He isn't a 3 dimensional villain.

Oh and you guy's should read the middle part of that trilogy World Without Superman. It's the best bit, shows how everyone is coping with his death.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #22
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Is it really some sort of out there assumption though? Sure, they did a version on SMALLVILLE, but by the very nature of that show they weren't ever seriously going to do a DOS story. This isn't like JL/JLU, this is a big budget tent pole film. It would be like doing a Batman film and we hear it's going to have Jason Todd as Robin and the villain is the Joker. It wouldn't be out there to think, "Maybe they are doing DEATH IN THE FAMILY?"

Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #23
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Imo this isnt a comic book. Some things dont have to be by the book when it comes to live action. You guys should know this. If it makes a better movie then so be it. Things change when comic books make it to the bigscreen. Sometimes for the better. There is nothing wrong with having a Lex and Doomsday Team up. Only Fanboys would be crying about Doomsday not killing Supes. Doomsday doesnt always kill Supes anyways.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #24
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
He does as that's the purpose the character was created for. To kill Superman. He isn't a 3 dimensional villain.
Yeah, he's basically what Bane is to Batman.

Or Trojan virus is to Cyborg.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #25
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

That doesn't have to be his purpose in a live action movie. But it would obviously disappoint alot of ppl if that wasn't his theme. Im all for minor changes for the better.