The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #276
bluerayer
MCU

Default Re: Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey & Tao Okamoto Join Superman/Batman Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
that could definitely be the case. i'm thinking the discovery of Kryptonite will definitely play a part in this film. she seems like she would do well in a role like Leslie Thompkins though.
Casting Hunter as Thompkins would kinda mirror the recent May Parker/Sally Field and Martha Kent/Diane Lane castings.
I also spitballed an idea i had that she could be playing a medical examiner for STAR Labs(or Lexcorp) that does an (alien)autopsy on Zod's body. Dunno about that theory. Kinda out there.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #277
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default Re: Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey & Tao Okamoto Join Superman/Batman Movie

RUMOR.

Hunter’s casting adds some real name value and Oscar power to the film. An actress of Hunter’s caliber could easily play an Amazon from Themyscira, if Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman has a big enough part to warrant dipping into her backstory. If Hunter has to play a more down to Earth character, she could easily play the owner of the Daily Planet; yeah, let’s see Holly Hunter boss Laurence Fishburne’s Perry White around! There’s also the possibility that Hunter won’t be as heroic as her character inThe Incredibles. She could always work for Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor.

Although good guesses, they are different guesses from how LR has heard the wheel is turning. We think Holly Hunter is going to be playing Leslie Thompkins, or a Leslie Thompkins replacement character.

By all means go to Wikipedia to round out your knowledge, but know the Leslie is a doctor who went to medical school with Bruce’s dad before he was murdered and in some versions of the Batman mythos, comforted young Bruce the very night of. Think of her like a female Alfred, almost. When she appeared in Batman: The Animated Series, she knew Batman’s identity and would treat Bruce for medical injuries he couldn’t go to a hospital for.

http://latino-review.com/2014/04/rum...n-vs-superman/

Last edited by John-An; 04-08-2014 at 08:22 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #278
Spamtron
THE MAN

might as well be straight off a Hype thread post...

Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #279
MDC!
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Kryptonite was shown when the BZ traveled to earth.
That wasn't Earth the Black Zero 'warped' to, it was one of the old outpost worlds; it was part of a montage of the Kryptonians going from outpost to outpost trying to find others of their race...33 years worth before Kal-El activated the scout ship's beacon.

That being said...I took the whole "new characters" bit to mean new characters for films, not necessarily 'brand' new i.e. "Miranda" Talia, "John" Robin, so on and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the same for Metallo

MDC! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #280
Chip Chipperson
Man of Murder

Quote:
RUMOR.

Hunter’s casting adds some real name value and Oscar power to the film. An actress of Hunter’s caliber could easily play an Amazon from Themyscira, if Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman has a big enough part to warrant dipping into her backstory. If Hunter has to play a more down to Earth character, she could easily play the owner of the Daily Planet; yeah, let’s see Holly Hunter boss Laurence Fishburne’s Perry White around! There’s also the possibility that Hunter won’t be as heroic as her character inThe Incredibles. She could always work for Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor.

basically: She could play this! or that! or maybe this other thing!

hacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Then it will be just like The Dark Knight Rises! :o
Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #281
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC! View Post
That wasn't Earth the Black Zero 'warped' to, it was one of the old outpost worlds; it was part of a montage of the Kryptonians going from outpost to outpost trying to find others of their race...33 years worth before Kal-El activated the scout ship's beacon.

That being said...I took the whole "new characters" bit to mean new characters for films, not necessarily 'brand' new i.e. "Miranda" Talia, "John" Robin, so on and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the same for Metallo
The Black Zero is the Black ship lol. The one Zod and the kryptonians arrived and check the scene where Zod explained Kal and you'll notice that there were few pieces with the black zero when they were traveling with the phantom drive.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #282
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
basically: She could play this! or that! or maybe this other thing!

hacks.
Exactly Latino Review isn't that where that guy El Mayalbe or something works for?

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #283
Chip Chipperson
Man of Murder

Yup, El Maybe works for Latino Review.

Holly Hunter as Leslie Thompkins would be great, it would definitely show that snyder is gonna be more faithful to the source material, more so than past incarnations of the Batman mythology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Then it will be just like The Dark Knight Rises! :o
Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #284
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Not sure why the poster included the quote of the set-up and not the actual rumor part of what they were posting...

Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #285
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yup, El Maybe works for Latino Review.

Holly Hunter as Leslie Thompkins would be great, it would definitely show that snyder is gonna be more faithful to the source material, more so than past incarnations of the Batman mythology.
I would love it if she portrayed Thompkins.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #286
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Not sure why the poster included the quote of the set-up and not the actual rumor part of what they were posting...
Fixed. sorry I posted quickly here

RUMOR.

Quote:

Although good guesses, they are different guesses from how LR has heard the wheel is turning. We think Holly Hunter is going to be playing Leslie Thompkins, or a Leslie Thompkins replacement character.

By all means go to Wikipedia to round out your knowledge, but know the Leslie is a doctor who went to medical school with Bruce’s dad before he was murdered and in some versions of the Batman mythos, comforted young Bruce the very night of. Think of her like a female Alfred, almost. When she appeared in Batman: The Animated Series, she knew Batman’s identity and would treat Bruce for medical injuries he couldn’t go to a hospital for.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #287
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

sounds like a calculated guess.

and if there is kryptonite i hope it just depowers him. i don't want him moaning and writhing in pain.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #288
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post

and if there is kryptonite i hope it just depowers him. i don't want him moaning and writhing in pain.
THIS X10000000000000000000000000000000000

YOU GET IT. BRAVO!!!!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #289
Rorschach2012
$

Leslie Thompkins could work well within this story.. maybe Bruce gets his ass kicked by Clark and goes to Leslie to get patched up. Or maybe Clark is injured but can't go to a hospital for some reason, so Bruce takes him to Leslie..

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #290
geetard
In Tsujihara We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post

So, like blue kryptonite in Smallville?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #291
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
So, like blue kryptonite in Smallville?
No. like in some comics like in Public Enemies battle with Metallo comics. (depowered him slowly and weakening him, not taking the mortal effect to longer exposure, maybe with pain but not that much and not taking away all the powers in just a sec).

Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #292
MDC!
Newbie First Class

Quote:
The Black Zero is the Black ship lol. The one Zod and the kryptonians arrived and check the scene where Zod explained Kal and you'll notice that there were few pieces with the black zero when they were traveling with the phantom drive.
Right. I understand that...and I saw that pieces of Krypton were dragged with the BZ when it warped, BUT...that's not Earth. It's one of the old outpost worlds where they "managed to salvage weapons, armor, and even a World Engine".

I don't get why so many people confuse that scene or the montage of scenes of the Kryptonians searching the galaxy as "Earth" (??).

Old 04-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #293
John-An

Quote:
Right. I understand that...and I saw that pieces of Krypton were dragged with the BZ when it warped, BUT...that's not Earth. It's one of the old outpost worlds where they "managed to salvage weapons, armor, and even a World Engine".

I don't get why so many people confuse that scene or the montage of scenes of the Kryptonians searching the galaxy as "Earth" (??).
Of course I understand that in that scene it was of the outpost worlds but if it traveled so many planets from krypton and still the pieces accompanied the BZ. it doesn't show of course the earth but it's kind of obvious that some of these pieces are floating. the question is. are we gonna see kryptonite in this movie?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #294
MDC!
Newbie First Class

Krptonite? I'd bet my wife on it, yeah (haha). We'll see it no matter how it gets here.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #295
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I'm interested in these abandoned/lost Kryptonian outposts. It's a great setup for subsequent mythology exploration in future movies.

I wonder if Brainiac or Darkseid blasted those worlds.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #296
MDC!
Newbie First Class

Every time I watch the scenes where the Kryptonians are searching the old outposts, I look at Zod in his spacesuit and think "now THERE is a Luthor power suit if ever I saw one!"; it looks almost exactly like it.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #297
The Guard
Side-Kick

I would love this. This character is long overdue. And if she's playing Leslie Thompkins, the inherent themes of compassion VS violence make perfect sense, even for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #298
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I'm interested in these abandoned/lost Kryptonian outposts. It's a great setup for subsequent mythology exploration in future movies.

Yeah. I always wondered that. Brainiac sounds more likely and I want to see him

Quote:
Every time I watch the scenes where the Kryptonians are searching the old outposts, I look at Zod in his spacesuit and think "now THERE is a Luthor power suit if ever I saw one!"; it looks almost exactly like it.
Do you know where the pieces of the zod's suit last seen?
a building under construction from LexCorp.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #299
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Krptonite? I'd bet my wife on it, yeah (haha). We'll see it no matter how it gets here.
Bwahaha, oh boy you better not let her see your post!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #300
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post

This. You could go so many places with it. Brainiac, Doomsday, somebody who was hell bent on revenge because their home planet was conquered by Krypton, Darkseid, etc...

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote