The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America Sequels

Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Default Re-Casting Cap

Evans doesn't sound like he's keen on reupping his contract with Marvel, and Avengers 3 could be his last outing as Cap.

Many think Marvel will address that by having Steve killed, and that Bucky will take over the shield in his stead.

However, Kevin Feige has said in the past that they have no problems with recasting. And they have, with Hulk and War Machine, though Evans happens to be much better received than Howard or Norton.

And for all we know, Evans is making a play for a higher paycheck.

But if Steve was to remain alive and be recast, who do you think could be a good successor?

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Bert
Side-Kick

Default Re: Re-Casting Cap

No suggestion, Evans is great. Certainly not any of these Disney network / twilight goofs they have for everything these days

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I would without a doubt do both. Kill Steve, and when he comes back, as he does in the BuckyCap storyline, recast Evans. I think only doing one is a waste of a great story.

As for who, there are a lot of great actors that could do it real justice, from Aaron Eckhart to Armie Hammer to Jake Gyllenhall. I think Chris Pine could be a big win, though he's playing two characters that run too similar thematically (James Kirk and Jack Ryan).

I think if you want to catch someone who is on the upswing, the way they did with all the other main-line actors, I think you're looking for someone like Armie Hammer. Definitely talented, but their career is not going upward. They need a big property.

That said, he'll likely have his career in gear by then, which is what, 5 years from now? So he won't have that cheap on the front end "we can make your career" effect that the MCU loves. Even if he doesn't, he'll then be a guy who couldn't float 2-5 major franchises. Not a good look.

All the other young up and coming actors are a bit too short for Cap, otherwise guys like Josh Hutcherson or Emile Hirsch would do a bang-up job in about 5 years.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
Silvermoth
Avenger

I would actually rather they just continue with the winter soldier for a bit. Keep the continuity

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
Rorschach2012
$

Armie Hammer is a decent suggestion

i don't want a recast any time soon though

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #6
mocomic
Philistian by choice

They need to tear his contract up and pay him. I don't expect him to get RDJ money. He made 300,000 for Cap 1 no idea on TWS but I bet it was not what he deserved. He has become Cap, pay the man.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
CaptainWagner
Side-Kick

I'd rather they not recast, get Evans to stay on as long as he will, then kill off and/or depower Rogers and put either Bucky or Falcon behind the shield.

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #8
marcvader
Lurker #1

I like Steve Rogers as Cap so when the time came I'd prefer a recast. I do think Chris will renegotiate a new contract before everything is said and done. His character has gained in popularity in the hands of the Russo's so I'm hoping it continues to ascend in AoU, Cap 3, and A3/IG.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote