The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #26
Malik
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

Why can't they all be great

Old 04-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #27
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

^I want to see good films. I think DOFP can be just as good and well reviewed. I hope it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #28
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
I wish this was the case. Unfortunately things aren't so amicable on the internets.

People want ones to love and ones to hate.

I think TWS is gonna be the one to love and one or more of the remaining three, the one(s) to hate

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 04-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #29
Malik
Side-Kick

Um if I love dofp I could give two cents what Internet fanbois say.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #30
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by levikuntz View Post
They can all be great. I think people misunderstand the fans when they say they want their favorite property to beat the others. It's not a matter of war. It's not about killing the others with fire. It's more of a "fun" competition, similar to when you bet money at horses races and desire your particular pick to win. It's harmless. Most fans will not be losing any sleep if their pick doesn't end up dominating the year.

And aside from that, competition also brings out the best in all. If 4 films are all trying to beat each other at being the best films of the year, it means all 4 will probably be great, regardless of the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I wish this was the case. Unfortunately things aren't so amicable on the internets.

People want ones to love and ones to hate.

I think TWS is gonna be the one to love and one or more of the remaining three, the one(s) to hate
If you want to count TMNT, it will probably get more hate than all of them combined.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #31
Bim
Side-Kick

Saw TWS and loved it! Cap totally delivered imo. Looking forward to DOFP next, which is my most highly anticipated movie of this year

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #32
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Agreed. Loved Cap can't wait for DOFP though still. It's my top film to see this year too.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 04-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #33
Hcmarvel
Side-Kick

Posted this in the box office thread but it is perhaps more relevant here -

This is a google chart tracking searches for major Marvel properties from 2004 to now.

Chart Showing Google Search Trends for Various Marvel Properties from 2004-2014

Spoilers...it's bad news bears for X-Men

Old 04-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #34
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Sun_Down I think that happened to someone else here too. It is kind of weird... does anyone know why trailer attachment is so arbitrary in films?
Back when I managed a movie theater the trailers attached to a film were determined by both the distribution company and the projectionist. The reels would be delivered in large cannisters by the distribution company with a trailer or two pre-attached. The projectionist would then decide which available trailers would appeal to a similar audience and attach them to the feature in theaters.

I don't know how it works in the age of digital distribution, but my guess is that Buena Vista attached Maleficent and GOTG to CA:TWS and the theaters themselves decided which of the other available trailers would be shown.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #35
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Entertaiment Weekly is ranking Post-Credits scenes from mostly Marvel Studios movies (though a Green Lantern one squeaked in). Find out where The Wolverine's Days of Future Past tease fits.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #36
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

IMDB's top 10 this week
1. Divergent
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Noah
4. The Walking Dead
5. Frozen
6. Game of Thrones
7. X-Men: Days of Future Past
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
9. The Wolf of Wall Street
10. The Grand Budapest Hotel
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?cou...ef_=nv_ch_mm_1

DOFP was #7 last week too.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Entertaiment Weekly is ranking Post-Credits scenes from mostly Marvel Studios movies (though a Green Lantern one squeaked in). Find out where The Wolverine's Days of Future Past tease fits.
20. Blade Trinity
19. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
18. X-Men: The Last Stand
17. Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
16. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (sequel tease) - LOL why is this higher than X3's post credit scene
15. The Amazing Spider-Man
14.5 The Incredible Hulk
14. Captain America: The Winter Solider (post-credit)
13. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Deadpool) - should be lower knowing that it'll be ignored in the future
12. Captain America: The First Avenger
11.5. Green Lantern - too bad the sequel won't happen
11. Iron Man 2
10. Thor: The Dark Ending (post-credit) - meh
9. Daredevil - too high
8. Thor - too high
7. The Avengers (shawarma) - meh
6. Iron Man 3 - waste of time!
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (mid-credit) - my problem with this is it has nothing to do with the actual movie
4. Thor: The Dark World (mid-credit) - this looked cheap
3. The Avengers
2. The Wolverine - finally a mid-credits scene that mainstream viewers actually knew the characters that came in the last minute
1. Iron Man

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #38
HIA
Side-Kick

love numbers, so just made the trailers research. As of right now, these are the highest trailers of upcoming blockbusters:

1. X-Men: DOFP Official Trailer - 26.154.264 views
2. Captain America The Winter Soldier trailer UK -25.899.258 views
3. Godzilla - Official Main Trailer [HD] - 21.005.561 views
4. Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer - 16.449.047 views
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer - 15.496.998 views
6. Disney's Maleficent - "Dream" Trailer - 13.213.706 views

If X-Men ends being the highest grossing from all these movies, Im goin to f**** love it
(Maleficent will be higher on the list, more than likely, but dont care about its BO)

Old 04-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #39
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (mid-credit) - my problem with this is it has nothing to do with the actual movie
And? Most of Marvel's mid-credit scenes aren't connected directly to the movie they are attached but they are still connected indirectly with the overall story within the universe.

Not to mention, the mid-credit scene was connected with what happened previously in The Winter Solider - it was all about HDYRA and what they've been doing right under SHIELD's noses.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #40
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
love numbers, so just made the trailers research. As of right now, these are the highest trailers of upcoming blockbusters:

1. X-Men: DOFP Official Trailer - 26.154.264 views
2. Captain America The Winter Soldier trailer UK -25.899.258 views
3. Godzilla - Official Main Trailer [HD] - 21.005.561 views
4. Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer - 16.449.047 views
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer - 15.496.998 views
6. Disney's Maleficent - "Dream" Trailer - 13.213.706 views

If X-Men ends being the highest grossing from all these movies, Im goin to f**** love it
(Maleficent will be higher on the list, more than likely, but dont care about its BO)
TMNT has the highest number of views in the shortest amount of time. I don't know if that's good or bad though because many are ridiculing the teaser but it's likes are far better than you would think given that.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #41
xrs13
Cold as ice

IGN reviewed spidey and it is very surprising actually being 6.9 which isnt bad but not what I expected. A lot of sites are saying the same :S

Old 04-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #42
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I'm not surprised at all. I kind of expected it. Not that that will stop it from making bookoo bucks but I could tell the script needed a lot of work just from the clips I saw.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #43
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
And? Most of Marvel's mid-credit scenes aren't connected directly to the movie they are attached but they are still connected indirectly with the overall story within the universe.

Not to mention, the mid-credit scene was connected with what happened previously in The Winter Solider - it was all about HDYRA and what they've been doing right under SHIELD's noses.
Both scenes in TWS credits seemed to be completely connected with the movie.

To be honest, the one that had them all eating shawarma at the end of Avengers is one of my favorites, just for being ****ing hilarious.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #44
Rike
Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
IGN reviewed spidey and it is very surprising actually being 6.9 which isnt bad but not what I expected. A lot of sites are saying the same :S

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #45
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
The general feeling on spidey seems to be better than first film but not to level of some of better received CB films like the first 2 parts of rami Trilogy

It seems like andrew garfield and Emma Stone are the standouts for it even though
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
they are losing one half of that team In this film

In may it will be Intresting to see how reviews go for DOFP. I feel like since some except some die hard fans have kind of dismissed DOFP that can actully work for it's favor.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #46
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Was it a bad review?

Quote:
The general feeling on spidey seems to be better than first film but not to level of some of better received CB films like the first 2 parts of rami Trilogy
If thats true then thats strike 2 for the Amazing Spider-Man series. This new Spidey movie series might have more movies in the long run but I will always look back to the amazingness of Raimi's first two Spider-Man films.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-09-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #47
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I think he meant it was mediocre.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #48
Rike
Slim

Th Eek Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

Don't.
You have been warned!
Gwen really dies at the end of TASM2.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Last edited by Rike; 04-10-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #49
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Why did you post that spoiler even if it you put in a spoiler tag?!!! LOL

I feel like Angamb just saying that.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 AM   #50
Rike
Slim

Because this is the X-Men thread where people can talk about other movies.

And yes, you're sounding like Angamb.

Closed Thread