The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #76
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

Personally, I look forward to a good old fashioned box office battle .

Old 04-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #77
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
We will see. Personally, the Godzilla marketing has been amazing. One of the best campaigns I've every seen. My cousin, who I doubt has seen a Godzilla movie outside the American one, commented on how she saw the trailer, was interested. I will take the Godzilla Snickers commercial over the Carl's Jr commercials.

And really, if the quality of the movie is anywhere close to what I've seen, X-men does have a fight. A good film will can easily challenge at the box office.
I really enjoyed the Godzilla snickers commercial.
Very Clever .

Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #78
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Because its not. I looked at BoxOfficeMojo and the only Godzilla film that grossed over $10 million at the box-office was the 1998 Godzilla film and that was seen as a disappointment.
You know those movies have been around since the 1950s, right? And that the popularity of those movies are mainly because of how often they aired on American television. After 60 years, Godzilla has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, there have been several Saturday morning cartoons, there was a Godzilla Marvel comics series (even referenced in a Wolverine comic, and in Uncanny X-Men), there have been toys, spinoff movies, two episodes of MST3K spoofed it, it's also been spoofed in Airplane and one of the Jurassic Park sequels, among many others.

I was a little kid in the 70s. Every few months, the channel I watched cartoons on in the afternoon would take a week and swap out the cartoons for Godzilla movies. We loved them, we couldn't wait for the Godzilla weeks.

The first trailer barely shows Godzilla, but it ends with that roar because it's instantly recognizable by audiences. We saw that trailer at the IMAX, my dad lit up like it was Christmas when he heard it, and the rest of the audience reacted the same way.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Godzilla isn't already a well-established franchise in the US.

Quote:
Its called having an opinion. No one is telling you, you are fooling yourself or you are bias or giving you the face palm when people disagree with you. So please act civil.
But when so many people are face-palming or responding in disbelief at your statement, maybe you should consider you're not as right as you think you are.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #79
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I really enjoyed the Godzilla snickers commercial.
Very Clever .
I heard it was great, but I haven't seen it yet.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #80
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Because its not. I looked at BoxOfficeMojo and the only Godzilla film that grossed over $10 million at the box-office was the 1998 Godzilla film and that was seen as a disappointment.
The '98 Godzilla film adjusts to about $200m US. $550m-ish WW. That's without 3D, or current expanded markets, and, as you say, that was seen as a disappointing film. It's definitely competition.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 04-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #81
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Every wide release is competition.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #82
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
The '98 Godzilla film adjusts to about $200m US. $550m-ish WW. That's without 3D, or current expanded markets, and, as you say, that was seen as a disappointing film. It's definitely competition.
And the Godzilla film cost about $130 million and earned $136 million in the U.S. Worldwide it earned more than that. But the studio projected a 90 million 4day memorial weekend gross but it only earned 55 million in the opening weekend. Just with the early projections from the studio, its clear that they expected more.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #83
Sun_Down
Groovy

Godzilla looks like it will be excellent. The marketing has been perfect. DOFP will need - and should have - a massive opening weekend.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #84
K'Prime
Beast mode

I'm interested in Godzilla,and if they make sequel money.they know who they must add.........

Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #85
redp
Side-Kick

I'm expecting a final gross around $560 million for DOFP Of course, I'm also assuming that it will be well-received because sometimes trailers lie, unfortunately MOS is a good example.

My full analysis of DOFP's box office predictions and the X-Men universe,

http://box-office-film-news.blogspot...ox-office.html

Last edited by redp; 04-23-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #86
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redp View Post
I'm expecting a final gross around $560 million for DOFP Of course, I'm also assuming that it will be well-received because sometimes trailers lie, unfortunately MOS is a good example.

My full analysis of DOFP's box office predictions and the X-Men universe,

http://box-office-film-news.blogspot...ox-office.html
$560M feels way too low, I just cant imagine Xmen being outgrossed by something called Captain America. Im saying $650m

Old 04-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #87
HIA
Side-Kick

agree with the comment. I say 700m, at the very least

Old 04-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #88
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
I just cant imagine Xmen being outgrossed by something called Captain America.
The bias is strong with this one. What does the name of that Marvel movie have to do with X-men deserving more money?

Old 04-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #89
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
The bias is strong with this one. What does the name of that Marvel movie have to do with X-men deserving more money?
It's just odd. You would think International audiences would Be quite hesitant towards a movie about a man dressed in a US flag called Captain America.

Hollywood Reporter say the movie is on its way to outgrossing Superman, which is just bonkers to someone like me. Who would've seen that coming 2 years ago. I think Xmen and Cap may be neck and neck at the BO but I still think X can win

Old 04-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #90
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's just odd. You would think International audiences would Be quite hesitant towards a movie about a man dressed in a US flag called Captain America.
They were...till the sequel. Past that point now. Quality speaks for itself.

Last edited by def28; 04-23-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #91
HIA
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hollywood Reporter say the movie is on its way to outgrossing Superman, which is just bonkers to someone like me. Who would've seen that coming 2 years ago. I think Xmen and Cap may be neck and neck at the BO but I still think X can win
it will, dont worry

Old 04-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #92
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:

At the end of the day it comes down to how good the film is, not what country they originate from.

Im not surprised its outgrossed Superman considering the reaction has been far more positive to it than MoS, a name will only carry you so far for so long.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 04-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #93
XavierStormag
Frustrated DC fan

Quote:

Cap 2 is great movie. I don't think people care that he is dressed in American flag and is called Captain America. They would if he was anything like the ultimate Captain who I heard is jingoistic ass. Thankfully, this cap is not characterized like that. People are open minded and won't turn against something unless they have a reason for it.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #94
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Boxoffice mojo has it's summer 2014 prediction
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3826&p=.htm

It has DOFP at 2 with 290 million domesticly and 470 Million overseas.

Let's hope they are right

Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #95
Rike
Something strange here?

$760 million?

Now we're talking.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 04-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #96
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

$760 million worldwide?!! I'm down for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #97
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Look at their predictions

How to Train Your dragon 2-325 Million DOmesticly 505 Million Overseas

DofP-290 Million Domesticly 470 Million Overseas-Looks like going out with sentinles and having Hugh jackman interacting with James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence and bringing back Patrik Stewart,Ian Mckellen,Halle Berry,and Ellen page and putting them In action packed post apocalypic future may pay off

Transformers-285 Million Domesticly 750 Million overseas

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes-240 Million Domesticly 460 Million overseas-Hopefully this does well.There was good reaction to trailer when I saw captain America the winter soldier

Godzilla-230 Million Domesticly 440 Million Overseas-they think It could be this year's world war Z

Amazing Spider-man 2-225 Million Domesticly 480 Million overseas-They think franchice faituge could hit Spider-man and by some who already saw film that could be possable

GOTG-180 Million Domesticly 250 Million Overseas

Maleficent-150 Million Domesticly 300 Million overseas-they think it could be this year's snow white and the huntsman

Neighbors-140 Million Domesticly 65 Million Overseas

22 Jumpstreet-135 Million Domesticly 75 Million Overseas

TMNT-130 Million Domesticly 225 Million Overseas-It looks like GOTG could beat it if predictions hold.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #98
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I could live with all of those. If GotG does that amount, I'll be more than pleased.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #99
HIA
Side-Kick

XMen being the second of the year would be awesome, almost as awesome as being #1.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #100
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Fox could have a good year with how to train Your dragon 2,DOFP,and dawn of the planet of the apes.

If GOTG prediction come true it will do around what Thor did back In 2011 and you will likely get a sequel.

Closed Thread