The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 04-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #26
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

yeah the pining for Jane thing was gettin pretty old
but that fight in the woods, yeah Tony got a couple shots, but I'd still say Thor owned him pretty hard, he didnt even look dazed, whereas iron mans armor was pretty f***ed by the end of the fight

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #27
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
BTW I asked Yost on twitter if he's gonna make Thor more powerful and bad@ss than before and he said 'guaranteed' .
This is good news for Thor Fans...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #28
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
This is good news for Thor Fans...
Is he definitely doing Thor 3?

Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #29
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
I do wish to see Thor going in his super mode to help defeat Ultron after all he is a demigod and protector of earth who should be powerful than all Avengers combined .
Yes he is a freaking demi god!! He should have more display of power!! In fact I feel that in thor 1..the part where he fought frost giants!! He was ace. I want more of that!

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #30
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Yeah I'm kind of hoping at first they go one at a time in like ascending order of power, and they each just get knocked down. That would be pretty fun to see. But I do hope we get to see an awesome 1v1 of Hulk v Ultron and Thor v Ultron. My dream would be to see Ultron and Thor take their fight into the upper atmosphere.
That would be super cool. I'd love to see something like that.

BTW, did you know that there are exotic types of lightning that exist only in the upper atmosphere? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper-a...eric_lightning

Like "red sprite" and "blue jet" lightning. I'd like to see more than just lighting, but if they're stuck on lighting at least they can shake it up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Is he definitely doing Thor 3?
Chris Yost and Craig Kyle were tapped as the co-writers. They're pretty familiar with Thor, and hopefully they'll give him a great showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Yes he is a freaking demi god!! He should have more display of power!! In fact I feel that in thor 1..the part where he fought frost giants!! He was ace. I want more of that!
I think that scene was Thor's most powerful and varied showing. And I think the scene were he fights hand-to-hand breaking into the SHIELD facility when he is depowered shows his fighting skills better than anything else. I'd love to see both of those topped in A:AOU and Thor 3.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #31
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

Yeah, I can understand why people think Thor is underpowered in the MCU so far. I agree that his fight against the Frost Giants needs to be similar to that in Avengers 2.

The way I interpreted Thor vs Iron Man fight is that Thor didn't have the intent to kill, and was going easy on Stark, but then the fight got interrupted by Cap. I think if Thor wanted to go all out in the battle of New York, he could have leveled a big chunk of the city.

souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #32
Adder
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am not a thor fan but I believe he should be more powerful. In the MCU, I feel that he is under powered.

Eg. Remember killian and his extremis soldier..they were tearing iron men apart very easily

However when thor had a battle with iron man in A1..the iron man suit was pretty intact.
An arugement can be made that thor wasn't trying to kill iron man. However iron man should be more damaged than that.

it give me a vibe that extremis soldier are even more powerful than thor. I love to hear what u all think? Thor is a demi god and it should be portrayed as one in A2
What you are reacting to is the difference between whedon and black. Whedon respects comic books and the fans, thus he won't have a fight in which one superhero totally creams another. especially considering they have their solo franchises to return to. nor would he make the extremis soldiers as powerful as they appeared because that would diminish thor.

one respects comics one did not. the moral of the story, never have shane black do another MCU film.

Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #33
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
What you are reacting to is the difference between whedon and black. Whedon respects comic books and the fans, thus he won't have a fight in which one superhero totally creams another. especially considering they have their solo franchises to return to. nor would he make the extremis soldiers as powerful as they appeared because that would diminish thor.

one respects comics one did not. the moral of the story, never have shane black do another MCU film.
hahhahah nice one buddy!
yeah i feel that extremis soldier are way too powerful!
can't believe they tear apart the iron mens so easily.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #34
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, on a technical note.... I don't think the MCU version of Thor is weak at all.

I believe that it's just a matter of "how" his powers have been presented on screen that have given the impression to some that he is "weak".

Likes others have said, when Thor fought against Iron Man and the Hulk, he was holding back. He didn't fight either of them with the intent to kill. The fact that he could rip off Iron Man's mask like tin foil (as shown when he has to remove Iron Man's mask in order to check up on his condition at the end of the New York City battle) but chose not to, clearly shows that he could really take out Iron Man if he really wanted to.

And in regards to Hulk, keep in mind that Thor's intent was to contain the damage that the Hulk was causing in his rampage. Thor had no intention in fighting Hulk in a battle to the death. The fact that Thor didn't even try to use any of his lightning attacks shows that as well.

Thor also took out two of those flying dragon creatures within the Avengers as well, and he was like the only one that wasn't placed in a position where he was getting the short end of the stick when going up against the Chitauri.

Everyone else were pushed to their breaking points where they were all being ganged up and nearly tied down. However, Thor was like the only one to hold onto his own still.

Honestly, it's just a matter of case where the people in charge of Thor, within the MCU, need to be more creative in both how they write and present his powers on screen.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:43 AM   #35
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I completely agree with you herolee.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #36
Loki882
Side-Kick

While I to want to see Thor portrayed as being more powerful. However, they have to be careful about that. They don't want Thor portrayed as so powerful that he could handle most threats on his own. They don't want the audience going "what's the point of having the other Avengers, Thor and Hulk can deal with this on their own?"

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #37
STR1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
While I to want to see Thor portrayed as being more powerful. However, they have to be careful about that. They don't want Thor portrayed as so powerful that he could handle most threats on his own. They don't want the audience going "what's the point of having the other Avengers, Thor and Hulk can deal with this on their own?"
This!

You make him too powerful and all you will need is him and Hulk for any world threats.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #38
TheLongestDay
"FOR ASGARD!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post

This x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000

Old 04-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #39
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor is physically the strongest of the Norse gods and one of the most powerful beings in the Universe. Going one on one with hulk should be no big deal for thor.Yet In the movie. Hulk is throwing thor all around abroad the helicarrier
Nonsense.

I'm one of the greatest Thor fans there is, but nevertheless I don't think that fighting the Hulk should be "no big deal" for Thor.

Thor and the Hulk a very long history of fights in the comics. Most of the fights were stalemates. Some of the others were won by Thor, but there were also quite a lot of fights that were won by the Hulk.

Quote:
Yet In the movie. Hulk is throwing thor all around abroad the helicarrier
Thor dominated the first half of the fight, Hulk dominated the second half. When they got interrupted, nothing was decided yet.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #40
tacit-ronin-
It's a Time Machine!

Quote:
I am not a thor fan but I believe he should be more powerful. In the MCU, I feel that he is under powered.

Eg. Remember killian and his extremis soldier..they were tearing iron men apart very easily

However when thor had a battle with iron man in A1..the iron man suit was pretty intact.
An arugement can be made that thor wasn't trying to kill iron man. However iron man should be more damaged than that.

it give me a vibe that extremis soldier are even more powerful than thor. I love to hear what u all think? Thor is a demi god and it should be portrayed as one in A2
He did try to kill captain america.

Batman vs Superman Footage!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
tacit-ronin- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #41
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
hahhahah nice one buddy!
yeah i feel that extremis soldier are way too powerful!
can't believe they tear apart the iron mens so easily.
Got to remember All those im were unfinished prototypes stark was tinkering with post avengers paranoia so they weren't full strength armors, excited to see what a finished mk 42 is capable of

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #42
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Nonsense.

I'm one of the greatest Thor fans there is, but nevertheless I don't think that fighting the Hulk should be "no big deal" for Thor.

Thor and the Hulk a very long history of fights in the comics. Most of the fights were stalemates. Some of the others were won by Thor, but there were also quite a lot of fights that were won by the Hulk.

Thor dominated the first half of the fight, Hulk dominated the second half. When they got interrupted, nothing was decided yet.
So, being one of the greatest thor fan! tell me your opinion on whether he is overpowered or underpowered in the MCU. i would love to hear what thor greatest ( one of ) fan thought? elaborate more! cause from what you said above i couldn't get a sense whether you agree or disagree on the on thor being underpowered in MCU.
Let someone like me, a newbie to thor, learn more about thor.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #43
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
He did try to kill captain america.
haha you feel that way? so tell me what you feel ? do you feel thor should be more powerful?

Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #44
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Got to remember All those im were unfinished prototypes stark was tinkering with post avengers paranoia so they weren't full strength armors, excited to see what a finished mk 42 is capable of
yeah man i know where you are coming from. i did mention iron men, not iron man!

The rest of the suits were just as easily destroyed by those extermis soldier! not just mk42!! mk 42 is just a prototype!

i am like you too buddy! i love to see what a finished mk42 is capable of. however i am sure it won't be called mk 42 after it finished. tony likes naming them in numeric order.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #45
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, on a technical note.... I don't think the MCU version of Thor is weak at all.

I believe that it's just a matter of "how" his powers have been presented on screen that have given the impression to some that he is "weak".

Likes others have said, when Thor fought against Iron Man and the Hulk, he was holding back. He didn't fight either of them with the intent to kill. The fact that he could rip off Iron Man's mask like tin foil (as shown when he has to remove Iron Man's mask in order to check up on his condition at the end of the New York City battle) but chose not to, clearly shows that he could really take out Iron Man if he really wanted to.

And in regards to Hulk, keep in mind that Thor's intent was to contain the damage that the Hulk was causing in his rampage. Thor had no intention in fighting Hulk in a battle to the death. The fact that Thor didn't even try to use any of his lightning attacks shows that as well.

Thor also took out two of those flying dragon creatures within the Avengers as well, and he was like the only one that wasn't placed in a position where he was getting the short end of the stick when going up against the Chitauri.

Everyone else were pushed to their breaking points where they were all being ganged up and nearly tied down. However, Thor was like the only one to hold onto his own still.

Honestly, it's just a matter of case where the people in charge of Thor, within the MCU, need to be more creative in both how they write and present his powers on screen.
When you think back to that Thor/IM fight just remember though he was so frustrated and angered that he attempted to strike Cap with his hammer ....... considering that Cap isn't armored up he would've killed him if not for the shield. The Hulk fight shows he has the ability to hold his own, but that was only for a brief moment. The fight was entirely too short and should've been featured more.

As big of an MCU Thor fan as I am, I personally think they need to work overtime in coming up with new ways to demonstrate Thor's abilities. T:TDW really fell flat in that regard.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #46
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
When you think back to that Thor/IM fight just remember though he was so frustrated and angered that he attempted to strike Cap with his hammer ....... considering that Cap isn't armored up he would've killed him if not for the shield. The Hulk fight shows he has the ability to hold his own, but that was only for a brief moment. The fight was entirely too short and should've been featured more.

As big of an MCU Thor fan as I am, I personally think they need to work overtime in coming up with new ways to demonstrate Thor's abilities. T:TDW really fell flat in that regard.
oh yeah! they is exactly what i thought too despite not being a thor fan

Old 04-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #47
Hulk
Banned User

I think Thor is very powerful, as he should be. I do agree he needs more creative displays of power, though.

Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 AM   #48
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
So, being one of the greatest thor fan! tell me your opinion on whether he is overpowered or underpowered in the MCU. i would love to hear what thor greatest ( one of ) fan thought? elaborate more! cause from what you said above i couldn't get a sense whether you agree or disagree on the on thor being underpowered in MCU.
Let someone like me, a newbie to thor, learn more about thor.
I will, my young Jedi, but let me first point out that my post's intention was to explain how Thor's and Hulk's power relate to each other, and that is just what I did. It's not my fault if someone got it wrong, isn't it?

And now to your question... Thor is underpowered in the movies, but so is Hulk.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #49
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
I will, my young Jedi, but let me first point out that my post's intention was to explain how Thor's and Hulk's power relate to each other, and that is just what I did. It's not my fault if someone got it wrong, isn't it?

And now to your question... Thor is underpowered in the movies, but so is Hulk.

how do you think they should portray thor in the MCU? so that he is not underpowered?
being one of thor greatest fan, i expect something more detailed!

Last edited by yllum; 04-13-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:07 AM   #50
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
how do you think they should portray thor in the MCU? so that he is not underpowered?
being one of thor greatest fan, i expect something more detailed!
Honestly, I don't care about what you expect.

You claimed some things about the comics that weren't correct. Someone corrected you. Get over it.