The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 03:22 AM   #51
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Honestly, I don't care about what you expect.

You claimed some things about the comics that weren't correct. Someone corrected you. Get over it.
YOu corrected me? what make you correct? you can't even tell me why you feel thor is underpower in the MCU?

and you wanna tell me you are correct? and you wanna tell me you are thor greatest fan? greatest fan? really? this is hilarious.

prove it to me that you can correct! prove how "correct" you are!

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #52
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 882
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
YOu corrected me? what make you correct? you can't even tell me why you feel thor is underpower in the MCU?

and you wanna tell me you are correct? and you wanna tell me you are thor greatest fan? greatest fan? really? this is hilarious.

prove it to me that you can correct! prove how "correct" you are!







Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:50 AM   #53
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post







thor greatest fan ? nonsense!

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:13 AM   #54
tacit-ronin-
Cobblepot
 
tacit-ronin-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,545
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

What's the point of starting this thread, if all you're going to do is reply with incoherent nonsense to people that don't agree with you.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher View Post
No amount of waffles would calm that guy. Even with butter
tacit-ronin- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:20 AM   #55
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 882
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
thor greatest fan ? nonsense!
Uuuh... that hurt.



I don't know what your problem is. I don't care. But I'm sure that the other users are not very much interested in reading a hundred postings or so about a pointless dispute.

You said something about Thor's power level in comparison to Hulk's power level. That statement was wrong. The comics say something different. I took the liberty of informing you about that fact. That's the whole story. Obviously you are one of those guys who can't stand being criticized. Who cares? That's your problem. As I said, no one wants to read such stuff. So take my advice and stop embarrassing yourself any further.

I won't discuss that with you any further. Sorry. That's not what this forum ist about.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:21 AM   #56
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Nah I am ok with disagreement. In fact I agree with some of the disagreement. if u really scroll through all the post, you will see them. Did you?

It just that when someone disagree and dont explain why, that really is hilarious.

I open this thread to learn more about thor.

So what do you think about mcu thor?


Last edited by yllum; 04-13-2014 at 04:25 AM.
yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #57
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Uuuh... that hurt.



I don't know what your problem is. I don't care. But I'm sure that the other users are not very much interested in reading a hundred postings or so about a pointless dispute.

You said something about Thor's power level in comparison to Hulk's power level. That statement was wrong. The comics say something different. I took the liberty of informing you about that fact. That's the whole story. Obviously you are one of those guys who can't stand being criticized. Who cares? That's your problem. As I said, no one wants to read such stuff. So take my advice and stop embarrassing yourself any further.

I won't discuss that with you any further. Sorry. That's not what this forum ist about.
if you dont care. You wont reply further.

fact is you are one of those that always think you are right? U think you know all.

I only wanna learn about whether you guys think thor is underpowered in mcu and why?

I wanna know why? And you said I have a problem. What is your problem? You are the one who mentioned what I say I nonsense.
I dont agree. Fact is you are one of those that cant take criticism. So why even disucss in forum? Go someone else and stop embarrassing yourself


Last edited by yllum; 04-13-2014 at 04:32 AM.
yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:31 AM   #58
tacit-ronin-
Cobblepot
 
tacit-ronin-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,545
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Nah I am ok with disagreement. In fact I agree with some of the disagreement. if u really scroll through all the post, you will see them. Did you?

It just that when someone disagree and dont explain why, that really is hilarious.

I open this thread to learn more about thor.

So what do you think about mcu thor?
The title of the thread says "Thor should be more powerful!!". implying that you started the thread to voice your opinion on why Thor should be portrayed as more powerful than he was in his last movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher View Post
No amount of waffles would calm that guy. Even with butter
tacit-ronin- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #59
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
The title of the thread says "Thor should be more powerful!!". implying that you started the thread to voice your opinion on why Thor should be portrayed as more powerful than he was in his last movie.
Yup.I say in my first post that I wanna know what you guys think?
Should he be more poweful? What wrong with that? This is a forum for discussion right?

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #60
melvintwj
Spoder-Man
 
melvintwj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Little Red Dot
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Lol obviously this thread is created so that people could discuss about Thor's potential in the MCU. Don't have to try and force your opinions upon others. Just leave the thread if you don't like it here. it's not hard to grasp the concept right?

Personally, I feel that Thor is slightly underpowered. Like someone mentioned earlier, I also viewed Thor as Marvel's Superman. I'd expect him to do better against Kurse. I know there is no point making him too powerful, but how about making him stronger and making the villains stronger as well?

I would love to see him conjure more lightning, or maybe even rain. Use whatever that would give him the edge.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #61
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasin' Thru Ya!
Posts: 2,371
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

The bottom line: THOR has to maintain a fine line between powerful and so powerful he doesnt need any help.

This is the film version not the comics, so he probably wont do every crazy thing he does in that format.


Last edited by TheVision; 04-13-2014 at 08:58 AM.
TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #62
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
Lol obviously this thread is created so that people could discuss about Thor's potential in the MCU. Don't have to try and force your opinions upon others. Just leave the thread if you don't like it here. it's not hard to grasp the concept right?

Personally, I feel that Thor is slightly underpowered. Like someone mentioned earlier, I also viewed Thor as Marvel's Superman. I'd expect him to do better against Kurse. I know there is no point making him too powerful, but how about making him stronger and making the villains stronger as well?

I would love to see him conjure more lightning, or maybe even rain. Use whatever that would give him the edge.
Exactly! , dont try to force opinion against other!!

Thor does conjure rain too? Cool man! Do you feel his power has some similarity to storm? Haha

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #63
melvintwj
Spoder-Man
 
melvintwj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Little Red Dot
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Exactly! , dont try to force opinion against other!!

Thor does conjure rain too? Cool man! Do you feel his power has some similarity to storm? Haha
Yeah I think it was implied in Thor:TDW that he can control the rain.




And regarding their powers,m agical abilities wise, yeah they are pretty similar :-)

I hope to have an experienced warrior vibe coming from Thor in future films. Instead of whacking the ***** out of everything with his mjolnir, I would like to see more moves involving strategies. Maybe using the rain to conduct his lightning better or something along that line.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #64
TJByrum
Captain America Fan
 
TJByrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 594
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

I feel like they can't make one superhero look better than another.

The Thor-Iron Man fight was more or less a stalemate. Sure, I think Thor would have won, and Stark's armor was pretty banged up, but Thor was barely hurt.

The Hulk-Thor fight also seemed to be a stalemate to me.

__________________
"Not without you partner, the world needs Bucky too."
-Cap to Bucky
TJByrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #65
yllum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 232
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
Yeah I think it was implied in Thor:TDW that he can control the rain.




And regarding their powers,m agical abilities wise, yeah they are pretty similar :-)

I hope to have an experienced warrior vibe coming from Thor in future films. Instead of whacking the ***** out of everything with his mjolnir, I would like to see more moves involving strategies. Maybe using the rain to conduct his lightning better or something along that line.
Yeah! Joss whedon has to give us something we have not seen thor doing before, fighting wise..

Similar to how the russo bro upped cap's fighting in CA- TWS.

That would be cool!

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #66
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,364
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

We now that he can also conjure tornados as well. He used one against the Destroyer in the first Thor movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #67
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Yeah! Joss whedon has to give us something we have not seen thor doing before, fighting wise..

Similar to how the russo bro upped cap's fighting in CA- TWS.

That would be cool!
It's not even just Cap. We've routinely see IM's fighting abilities and major feats of heroism upped with every movie.

The more I think about it, the more it appears like Thor has gotten the "cosmic bodyguard" treament. Usually bodyguards are huge and could break you open over their knee, but they always have to maintain a degree of self-restraint in order to prevent lawsuits.

If I really sit and think about it the most badass fighting he's done took place in Jotunheim and we've seen him in 2 movies since. We got to see him take on all those Jotuns by himself. We saw that big blast that darn near leveled everything in sight. We saw him chart right through the Jotunheim beast. I really can't recall moments that have topped that.

Btw, IMO they really do not take enough advantage of his flying abilities.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 04-13-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #68
First Avenger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asgard
Posts: 903
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

The one thing I believe they got totally right is his durability.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #69
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
The one thing I believe they got totally right is his durability.
Ya, there's no doubt about that ..... but I think they've been overly reliant on that card.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #70
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!
 
Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Side-Copy Shop
Posts: 6,183
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

I really don't see how anyone could actually be satisfied with the way his power level is presented in the MCU so far. He's clearly strong, but they've only shown glimpses of it. He still doesn't have much of a standout moment in these movies.

__________________
"When you come at the King you best not miss"- Omar Little

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #71
melvintwj
Spoder-Man
 
melvintwj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Little Red Dot
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

I wonder how would the Hulk fair against a Jotun beast. I think it would be cool to see an angry green monster going all out right from the start.

Come to think of it, if Thor is able to control the wind then it actually is pretty darn easy to fight Kurse. Just lift him into the air and he can't do anything.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #72
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
I wonder how would the Hulk fair against a Jotun beast. I think it would be cool to see an angry green monster going all out right from the start.

Come to think of it, if Thor is able to control the wind then it actually is pretty darn easy to fight Kurse. Just lift him into the air and he can't do anything.
The Hulk would tear a Jotunheim beast apart.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #73
First Avenger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asgard
Posts: 903
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Ya, there's no doubt about that ..... but I think they've been overly reliant on that card.
Agreed.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #74
melvintwj
Spoder-Man
 
melvintwj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Little Red Dot
Posts: 340
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
The Hulk would tear a Jotunheim beast apart.
I have the same sentiment, but how is it going to work out? I can picture Hulk punching it once, and the beast is already in daze. Then Hulk just continues to land his blows

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:27 AM   #75
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!
 
hoy-small-fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On your left
Posts: 1,310
Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
The bottom line: THOR has to maintain a fine line between powerful and so powerful he doesnt need any help.

This is the film version not the comics, so he probably wont do every crazy thing he does in that format.
I really don't get why people struggle to grasp this!

Thor in the films is an alien from Asgard, who is equivalent super-human. He can't be too strong because otherwise, what's the point?

__________________
"What exactly are you a Professor of Mr Logan?"
"Art"

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.