Side-Kick

Default X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

It's time since they are wasting no time here

I will start on facts

Bryan Singer will direct marking fourth X-Men film behind the Camera

Lauren Shueller Donnor,Singer,and Simon Kinberg are the producers

Singer,Kinberg,Michael Dougherty,and Dan harris devolped the story

Dougherty,Harris,and Kinberg will write the script

James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Hoult will return fullfilling the 3 film deals they made when they were cast for First Class

Apocalypse will be villain

The story will be somewhat based On The Age of APocalypse storyline

The film will be set In 1980's

The film will have other familar characters In it with Gambit and Nightcrawler
mentioned by Singer as possibiltys

The events of X-Menays of future past makes what goes down In Apocalypse possible

Apocalypse's origins as first mutant will be explored

It's unknown at this time If Hugh Jackman will return for Apocalypse

It's also up In the air on Evan Peters,Lucas Till,Any FC actors who missed DOFP,or any other OT actors appearing In Apocalypse

The visual imagry may be bigger than DOFP with some Disaster Move Imagry
part of film

X-Men:Apocalypse Is set for May 27 2016 Release

Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

Better to just rename the other thread.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The original cast will not appear In Apocalypse

The film will be set In between the end of past part of Days of future past and the circa 2005 time frame of X-Men

Who will direct Is now a question mark.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #4
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think one or two OT actors could appear but it won't be as heavily OT as DOFP... I'm betting on either it ends with the OT in the future (leading into another film) or something like my theory of Rogue getting somehow thrown into the past at the end of DOFP.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 AM   #5
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

A cameo role is always a possibility.

And if there's one thing that the X-Men films love to do after X3, it is including cameo appearances from the OT cast.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
kevork89
Rogue + Gambit = WIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I think one or two OT actors could appear but it won't be as heavily OT as DOFP... I'm betting on either it ends with the OT in the future (leading into another film) or something like my theory of Rogue getting somehow thrown into the past at the end of DOFP.
I honestly would LOVE this. And she has no way of getting back. Would be a great way of pairing her with Gambit.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Evan Peters may return as Quicksilver due to Bryan SInger's commetns prescandal to empire

"Even though our Quicksilver is not a main character like in The Avengers, it's a character there's a lot of thought and concern about and it's a character I'd like to explore further in the sequel."

Old 04-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't feasibly see any way to include anyone from the OT cast, unless there are in fact multiple timelines and it's not exclusively 80's.

I do feel there will be multiple timelines and not just Apocalypse's origin in the distant past. But I am thinking future scenes will involve X-Force characters and not OT characters.

If physical time travel was possible, there will be way too many paradoxes to contend with. I think in terms of Apocalypse himself, if he isn't a physical time traveler, then he'll simply wake up earlier in the new timeline.

I also would not discount Sinister as the main villain in the 80's. Apocalypse could be the background player like Thanos, although with a much larger presence than an after credit scene. But a Sinister/Gambit storyline is more aptly placed in a late 80's X-Men.

I think this film wraps up the FC arc. The next trilogy will be based on X-Force characters.

2017: Final Jackman/Wolverine film
2018: X-Force
2020: Deadpool
2021: X-Factor
2022: X-Men crossover/event film

Last edited by Mr.M; 04-27-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #9
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I strongly disagree. The OT cast may not return after DOFP and third wolverine but the
X-Men won't be disgarded for X-force.

Apocalypse is almost certinly the villain In Apocalypse.

And people need to stop looking at 1990's x-men show as sole knowledge of X-Men history.

Apocalypse Is not time traveler In Comics inless they changed it after i quit buying new comics In 2005/2006.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #10
Mr.M
Side-Kick

They aren't going to kill off Apocalypse in the 80 's and he will probably have a right hand man, so even if he is the featured villain, 90% sure Sinister will be in.

Plus keep in mind we would've already gotten two trilogies with this plus a Wolverine trilogy. While Wolverine won't be featured here, the other classic X-Men will be featured yet again. While fans are dying to see this, audiences will have seen these characters for four plus movies now. Definitely think they will take a break from the classic lineup. They are not going to rely on a bunch of teeny bopper actors to carry the franchise. They are going to bring in a veteran actor for Cable, Renolds may or may not return, and then you can plug in Tatum for Gambit.

It remains to be seen if the actors cast as Cyke/Jean/Storm are signed for multiple pictures, but I don't expect these characters or at least those versions in X-Force.

I do believe Marsden could return for X-Force, but I think they will go with Cable instead since he's the main guy there.

Last edited by Mr.M; 04-27-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #11
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
The next trilogy will be based on X-Force characters.

2017: Final Jackman/Wolverine film
2018: X-Force
2020: Deadpool
2021: X-Factor
2022: X-Men crossover/event film
Oh c'mon. Dump the OT cast, Wolverine and the FC cast over the not so well known X-Force.

I hardly see how is that going to happen.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:43 AM   #12
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Oh c'mon. Dump the OT cast, Wolverine and the FC cast over the not so well known X-Force.

I hardly see how is that going to happen.
Agreed.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #13
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Okay, good luck signing Jlaw and the other three for three more films. After all, look how easy it was to bring the OT cast back, a mere 8 years later with minimal screen time.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #14
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The OT cast has shown willing to come back. Besides Hugh jackman they were never intended to be in most screentime of DOFP.

Apocalypse Is already somewhat of a gamble after the event of DOFP of wolverine and other OT actors returning. I don't care how the screentime goes
the OT cast Is being used heavily to promate film.Apocalypse relaying on 4 FCbig guns and newbees Is a bit of gamble after DOFP. which Is why they likely
are trying to get Cahnning Tantum as gambit. X-force Is even more a gamble.No actors or characters familar to GA. A july release date and Fox has very
limited means of promating it. It could do less domesticly than The WOlverine did.

Sony In may 2018 will have eather the snster six or venom spinoff and DIsney Is likely to have third avengers In May and the first Star Wars spinoff film could be In summer 2018. After all that and in release date like the wolverine expecting a film with little known to GA characters.

The idea that fox would retre their familar characters for little known ones is laughable. Why do you think Fox may be doing a time travel caused "Reboot" In DOFP? It's so they can keep films going with recasted familar characters.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
Mr.M
Side-Kick

They are not going to retread the time frame of the original trilogy and age the FC cast another 15 years post late 80's. I don't care what new timeline they will introduce, they are not going to rehash old characters facing off against the same villains or B and C list villains in the early 2000's. They will have already covered most of the brand name villains once Apocalypse arrives.

That's why X-Force and Deadpool are rumored to be the next films in line. They probably won't involve OT actors or perhaps even classic characters. They will bring those characters back after they get a much needed rest, much like the OT got between the trilogy and DOFP. You have to leave audiences wanting more and you can't rehash the same things over and over again.

Frankly it's all a moot point until at least McAvoy signs for multiple movies. Otherwise I am going to consider Magneto and Xavier's arc largely complete, with 6 X-Men films in the bank. And without those guys, I don't see 20 something year old actors playing Cyke and Jean becoming the new leads in an X-Men franchise.

Last edited by Mr.M; 04-28-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #16
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

McAvoy, Lawrence, Fassbender and Hoult all signed for three movies. It's not like the Avengers actors where they are signed for 6.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

No, but it doesn't mean they can't be resigned for another couple of movies. Money talks and if Fox offers them enough all four of them will absolutely be back.

At the very least, the only one they absolutely need to have back after Apocalypse is McAvoy.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #18
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

With Lawrence and Fassbender on the rise, both will probably want the same amount (or close to the amount) that Hugh Jackman wants.

I think Hoult could be back.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #19
Malik
Side-Kick

Lawrence is signed for one more X-flick after dofp, so is fassy. She says she wants to take a break from acting after her hunger games commitments are done.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Her Hunger Games commitments (outside of promoting the final film) will be done before X-Men: Apocalypse even hits the theaters.

She could certainly change her tune after that. As I said, money talks and if she, or the movie, gets enough she'll be back. Whether it's in another X-Men movie or a Mystique spin-off.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #21
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think regardless of box office success and stardom, actors want to branch out and try new stuff, and try to be true to their art. So actors will always want breaks in between these franchise films. Indefinite breaks. If I am Fox, I wouldn't even approach their agents for another legit go around until I have exhausted other potential characters and spinoffs. Of course I would at least make an inquiry if they'd be interested in returning after Apocalypse, but I wouldn't press them with immediate projects I have in my mind with their character versions. You got to be patient.

I don't think Fox pressed Jackman for anything after Origins. But Jackman put more blame on himself for Origins than the people ultimately responsible, and they took a long 4 years to finally make a competent Wolverine movie. So I think Fox should just be patient and let these actors do what they want to do. You still got X-Force and Deadpool to fall back on. They were patient with the OT and it took eight years to get DOFP, but it's still something.

How cool would it be if 15 years from now all four FC actors came back for another trilogy? I think the promise of that is more appealing than maybe one more set piece film in the franchise featuring them, potentially burning the actors out from this franchise for good.

Last edited by Mr.M; 04-28-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #22
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
Lawrence is signed for one more X-flick after dofp, so is fassy. She says she wants to take a break from acting after her hunger games commitments are done.
If by break you mean "she's taking a break for a month or two and then David O'Russell will come calling" then yes, I agree.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Okay, good luck signing Jlaw and the other three for three more films. After all, look how easy it was to bring the OT cast back, a mere 8 years later with minimal screen time.
Yet most from the OT cast came back.

The only reason why we haven't had a X-Film with the OT cast since 2006, is because Fox were so busy making spin-off/prequel films.

Its not like they didn't make a X4 because the cast was unwilling to return.

Quote:
That's why X-Force and Deadpool are rumored to be the next films in line.
Deadpool has been in hell development since 2009. X-Force was announced earlier than X-Men Apocalypse/Wolverine 3, yet Apocalypse/Wolverine 3 got a release date before X-Force. Fox also reserved a release date in July 2018, but they didn't reveal which film is going to be in that date. I doubt its either x-Force/Deadpool.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-28-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:53 AM   #24
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
With Lawrence and Fassbender on the rise, both will probably want the same amount (or close to the amount) that Hugh Jackman wants.

I think Hoult could be back.
If they do continue on with the younger cast, post XMA, then they should put Magneto & Mystique on the back burner for a couple films. Give Lawrence her "break" and let Fassbender work on other projects. Pay them later when maybe they're a little less in demand. Bring them back 7-9 years later and make a big deal of it. In the mean time they could focus on the actual X-Men and new villains. All they'd really need was McAvoy. Hoult would be a plus.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 AM   #25
HIA
Side-Kick

Totally agree

Closed Thread