The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #251
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

Fox has the disney problem to deal with for merchandize.

Simon Kinberg has confirmed Apoclaypse is set In 1983 baring any possable bookend scenes with members of Original Cast.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #252
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The latest Transformers movie has a budget of less than $200 million, lower than Dark of the Moon.
Yeah. Sure it does...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #253
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

I have been thinking are they going stay in the 80s for next couple X-Men movies and have X-Force set in current time or are they to recast everyone(including Teen/20 year Jean, Cyclops and Storm) and X-Men to the present?

Old 06-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #254
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Id like them to stay in the 80's for a little bit just so they arent just jumping from decade to decade and we can get to see a little more of Storm Jean and Cyclops. Surprisingly no one her mentioned Michelle Tranchenberg(I know I mispelled her name) from Buffy to play as a young Jean.

Storm #4-October 15 2014-Please support our Goddess, check out Storm #5. #SaveStorm
Old 06-15-2014, 02:38 AM   #255
JP
Smelly

Cause she's not right for the role.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:38 AM   #256
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Yeah. Sure it does...

I didn't make that up for your information.

Dark of the Moon has a budget of $195 million according to Box Office Mojo. And according to Viral Global News, Age of Extinction has a budget of $165 million.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #257
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught- View Post
I have been thinking are they going stay in the 80s for next couple X-Men movies and have X-Force set in current time or are they to recast everyone(including Teen/20 year Jean, Cyclops and Storm) and X-Men to the present?
IMO we aren't gonna get a new cast, besides the young guys introduced in Apocalypse, until the franchise gets a reboot. Which I doubt will be any time soon. Whoever they're gonna get to play young Scott/Jean/Ororo, I can't imagine them not getting locked in for multiple pictures. So we'll probably be seeing them in the mid/late 80s and probably 90s too. Maybe even the 2000s.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #258
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Cause she's not right for the role.
Lol ok I see.

Storm #4-October 15 2014-Please support our Goddess, check out Storm #5. #SaveStorm
Old 06-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #259
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
IMO we aren't gonna get a new cast, besides the young guys introduced in Apocalypse, until the franchise gets a reboot. Which I doubt will be any time soon. Whoever they're gonna get to play young Scott/Jean/Ororo, I can't imagine them not getting locked in for multiple pictures. So we'll probably be seeing them in the mid/late 80s and probably 90s too. Maybe even the 2000s.
I doubt that they go to 2000's. All the young cast would have to look like they are in their 40s in like 5 years.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #260
HIA
Banned User

two sequels in the 80's would be cool. and if they want another sequel, the jump to the 90s wouldnt be that drastic this time.

could u imagine? almost two trilogies set in the past? that would be crazy lol, but who knows? everything is possible with this franchise

Old 06-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #261
Rike
Dadless.

Hopefully not.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 06-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #262
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught- View Post
I doubt that they go to 2000's. All the young cast would have to look like they are in their 40s in like 5 years.
What if these new guys stick around for 10+ years? They could better line up the ages with the timeline then. Plus in the 2000s these characters would still be in their 30s for at least part of the decade. Personally, I don't think we are gonna see 3 X-Men films churned out in 5 year periods like FC trilogy. I think there are going to be longer gaps in between X-Men films as Fox starts to focus a little more on spinoffs. That extra time should help in aging the characters, at least a little.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #263
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike View Post
Hopefully not.
What? You'd prefer them to jump to 2023? Just leave 1983-2023 untapped? The X-Men didn't do anything noteworthy for 40 years? Come on now.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #264
JP
Smelly

They're gonna try to cast Scott, Jean, and Storm with actors they feel they can keep for 3 films, maybe more. It's about franchise building. They're gonna want audiences to fall in love with these three so that they can keep going on without Lawrence, Fassbender, Jackman, and who knows who else.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #265
Rike
Dadless.

Quote:
What? You'd prefer them to jump to 2023? Just leave 1983-2023 untapped? The X-Men didn't do anything noteworthy for 40 years? Come on now.
Yes. You got a problem with that?

Actually I wouldn't like if they left 1983-2023 untapped.

There are important X-Men who are confined in the 21st century and will never appear again if they keep making these period pieces. I'd rather them to do movies set in both timelines or reboot everything with no restraints to which characters they can use or not.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Old 06-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #266
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd prefer to live in a world where the heroes didn't have to do anything for 40 years
That mean the world is safe
I remember a thread on comic vine stating how all the catastrophes in the marvel 616 made it an unlivable place
Who would wanna live on a planet where world war hulk happens right before avx which happens right before fear itself etc

Old 06-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #267
Loki882
Side-Kick

That's fine in theory, but then you've got no storytelling potential for FOURTY YEARS!! Sounds really boring to me.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #268
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'd like them to jump and stay in 90s next for a Scott/Jean/Storm-centric trilogy (perfect time to bring in them 90s costumes!).

So we'd have:
-Original Wolverine-centric Trilogy (2000's)
-Xavier/Magneto/Mystique Trilogy (1960's / 1970's / 1980's)
-Wolverine solo Trilogy (1980's / 2010's / 20..40's (Old Man Logan)?)
-Cyclops/Jean/Storm-centric Trilogy (1990's)

No biggie if Fassbender and McAvoy don't stick around,as the 1960-1990 time span might be the right time to recast with older 'balder' actors anyways. Besides, they might want to give these characters a rest for a while. At least Magneto.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-16-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #269
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm thinking Fox is really trying to lay their groundwork for the future of the franchise with future stars in Apocalypse in order to prepare for once Lawrence/Fassbender/McAvoy's contracts are up. I think we'll have McAvoy extended and Fassbender be a case by case basis (like Hugh), but I think it's more important to set up Cyclops, Jean and Storm (and Nightcrawler/Gambit etc.) for the future with rising stars who could easily carry the franchise in a few years if their careers take off like Lawrence and Fassbender.

After seeing the outstanding job Fox (or maybe it was Vaughn?) did in creating a superb core cast in FC with the likes of Lawrence, Fassbender, McAvoy and Hoult, I'm really stoked to see what kind of actors and actresses could end up being an X-Man or X-Woman in Apocalypse onwards.

I would also be okay with an X-Force or a OT movie again. I think they could easily have a great OT movie if they wanted to go that route. I'm also really hoping to see an X-Force movie with Ryan Reynolds back as Deadpool (and hopefully Booboo as Warpath again? I think it'd be great if they just set in 2023 or any time around that in order to maintain some sort of continuity with the future of DOFP. Like this would be the life Warpath would've lived had the Sentinels not existed)

Old 06-16-2014, 05:14 AM   #270
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike View Post
Yes. You got a problem with that?

Actually I wouldn't like if they left 1983-2023 untapped.

There are important X-Men who are confined in the 21st century and will never appear again if they keep making these period pieces. I'd rather them to do movies set in both timelines or reboot everything with no restraints to which characters they can use or not.
Same here and I doubt audience would care if they didn't really showcase what happened between 1983 to 2023.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #271
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Same here and I doubt audience would care if they didn't really showcase what happened between 1983 to 2023.
Only if Apocalypse is a complete bomb and each and every one of the new young characters/actors fail to impress. Otherwise people WILL care and they will want more of what X-Men: Apocalypse brought to screen.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #272
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Do you think general audience cared when they jumped to 1973 after First Class and when they cared when they jumped to 2023 after X3/The Wolverine?

I doubt it.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #273
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you think general audience cared when they jumped to 1973 after First Class and when they cared when they jumped to 2023 after X3/The Wolverine?

I doubt it.
Its not about the time periods. You are saying the audience won't care if they ever see these potential younger X-Men again beyond XMA/2016. Plus you are saying that the audience won't care about seeing the FC cast again beyond XMA/2016. No more McAvoy and Fassbender? And the audience won't care? Yeah right. People are attached to the FC cast. People will become attached to the young cast joining XMA. They won't want to see them disappear.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #274
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Dont put words into my mouth.

I only talked about skipping time periods in this page.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #275
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dont put words into my mouth.

I only talked about skipping time periods in this page.
Then why did you say the audience wouldn't care? Skipping 40 years in the timeline goes hand in hand with the end of FC cast and makes potential young Scott/Jean/Ororo one and done characters. You fully realized the consequences of not "showcasing" 40 years of X-Men history and made the comment anyway. So no one is putting any words in your mouth. You were perfectly clear. Wrong. But clear.

Closed Thread