The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 07-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #626
JP
To me

Default Re: X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

He "graduated Harvard at the age of 15..." He could very well be 16 or 17.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:31 AM   #627
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I don't get why people are so fixated on ages in the X-Men films. The comics have never cared about ages even though they show the birthdates of characters so why do films need to be different.
Because for the prequels, they mentioned in which decade the events took place. First Class happened in the 60s, DOFP in the 70s then Apocalypse will happen in the 80s.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #628
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

hmm I wonder how Nightcrawler would figure into this movie. Judging from X2 that was the first time the X-Men met him,(potential Kurt/Mystique relationship was dropped) since DoFP changed things I'm wondering if the writers are going to explore that side of Mystique/Kurt since she's been given 2 story lines in these past films.

Also will the sentinels be back but this time to stop Apocalypse and this time we need a X-Men/Brotherhood team up!!!!!

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #629
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

20th Century FOX Presentation
Friday July 25, 2014 4:20pm – 6:20pm
Hall H

Making X-Men: Days of Future Past
Jeff Goldsmith (publisher of Backstory on the iPad) interviews screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (Mr. & Mrs. Smith) about what it took to write and produce the worldwide box office smash hit X-Men: Days of Future Past. Kinberg will take you behind the scenes as to how he and the film’s creative team evolved the longstanding film franchise to an all new high. From the standout Quicksilver sequence to managing the same comic characters at different points in time and beyond-he’ll discuss how the film was made and take your questions.
Friday July 25, 2014 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Room 5AB

http://www.superherohype.com/news/30...friday-july-25

Old 07-12-2014, 04:56 AM   #630
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Where is Singer?Kinberg is so boring.
I hope Simon talks about DOFP director's cut.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 07-12-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #631
HIA
Side-Kick

So Fox panel will have a Xmen portion, mmm, interesting

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #632
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope there's something Apocalypse-related to Days of Future Past's presentation.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #633
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For whatever the 2018 mystery film Is from Fox with Avengers 3 likely coming
In july 2018 since MS 2 2018 films are july and november If it Isn't a film with
original cast In 2018 It will likely get crushed if it is Gambit or X-force.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #634
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

I hope they reveal the design if Apocalypse in the panel even though that's likely asking a lot.

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #635
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
In july 2018 since MS 2 2018 films are july and november If it Isn't a film with
I think the May 2019 film will be Avengers 3.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #636
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Same.

Also "ZOMG! Competition! Gonna get crushed!!" Yeah, that's so far away it's pointless to freak out. Competition is competition.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #637
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
It is minority view but it hink the july 2018 film will be Avengers 3.

I question why they would wait 4 years after age of ultron to release a sequel.

The 3 MS 2017 films are probaly Thor 3,GOTG/Planet Hulk hybrid and new character.

If the FF reboot bombs i wonder if Fox will move Untitled wolverine film from March 3 2017 to july 2018 slot they have for FF 2.

Now if Robert Downey Jr would agree to do Iron Man 4 and that comes in 2018 then yeah i could see avengers 3 in 2019.

Even if it;s Iron Man 4 up against the mystery X-Men related film I think gambit or X-force would get crushed.They may not be have a MS film In may 2018 because In 2018 they return Star wars to may.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #638
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Same.

Also "ZOMG! Competition! Gonna get crushed!!" Yeah, that's so far away it's pointless to freak out. Competition is competition.
I question rather with full avengers films being the big guns at disney/MS why they would wait that long.

Now if robert downey JR would agree to Iron Man 4 then I can see why.

If Cap 3 Is in 2016 and Thor 2 and Gotg2/Planet hulk hybrid come in 2017
without Iron man 4 they wouldn't have a big sequel In 2018 just 2 new character films.

A gambit solo or X-force film with no characters familar to GA inless you count deadpool being In Origins could get lost In July 2018.

By placing so many to be determinde film release dates they are bound to be
some MS Vs DC,Fox and sony marvel film battles at box office.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #639
HIA
Side-Kick

no words to describe Marvel's announcement

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #640
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I don't like it when Studios set release dates for films but won't tell us what film Is.It's just not Disney it's other studios too Including Fox.

We are bound at some point to have direct competion between MS films and
Fox and Sony marvel films and DC films.Cap3 Vs BVS may only be the first
box office battle.

Considering my feelings on DIsney I don't have much emontional reaction to
this.

I am far more intrested for future Comic book films learning more on Apocalypse,seeing footage for ff,Learning the future now for Spider-man films and possable spin-offs,learning more on DC plans,and what Is the mystery X-Men project for july 2018.

This news may affect Fox's 2018 X-Men plans.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:54 AM   #641
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I'm crossing my fingers for another OT cast film in 2018!

Make it happen Fox!

Old 07-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #642
dax
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Because for the prequels, they mentioned in which decade the events took place. First Class happened in the 60s, DOFP in the 70s then Apocalypse will happen in the 80s.
That and Origins: Wolverine started off in 1845 just to establish Jean Grey's point about Wolverine being "older" than Prof. Xavier himself.

dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 AM   #643
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
I don't get why people are so fixated on ages in the X-Men films. The comics have never cared about ages even though they show the birthdates of characters so why do films need to be different.
This, plus the fact that a lot of Hollywood and even a good amount of regular people have started looking very young for their ages.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #644
Dayspring1
Side-Kick

Depends on how they do X-Force. I read an interesting editorial on **************.com that suggested X-Force could take place in the future, with an older Wolverine (looking more Old Man Logan like with gray hair) plus Psylocke and Cable and others fighting Apocalypse in the future after this film. We find out that even though the X-men defeated him in the 80s, he came back as a cloned child. His followers, the Clan Akkaba, are basically a massive terrorist cell / cult who are trying to bring about his return, and they have plunged the world into chaos. So it would kind of follow the Uncanny X-Force comic and they would have to murder this child Apocalype. I think it assumed that Logan had an axe to grind due to being made into a Horseman in this film. It could work IMO, and with a strong cast of visually cool characters plus Jackman's Wolverine I think it could stand up to just about any competition. Just imagine Archangel on film looking badass as hell, plus Cable maybe looking even more cyborg-y (like he did in the Avengers X-Sanction mini series where the virus had taken over more of his body). I'd basically use the cast of Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 but substitute Cable for Fantomex. They'd use his technology and ship to get around as opposed to Fantomex's. And I might have Cable be a product of Weapon Plus where he was fused with viral technology too. There would still be hints that he's related to Cyclops somehow (last name Summers), but I wouldn't get into it too much. And I'd change his powers to precognition like he has in the comics now. That way his powers are different than Psylocke's. And for some reason I see Bruce Willis in the role. But who knows.

Regardless, something like that could be cool as hell.

As for the next X-men film after Apocalypse, I'd jump ahead another decade to the 90s where Scott, Storm and Jean are now older. The team would be those three plus Gambit, Dazzler and Wolverine in a smaller capacity. It would be based on the Mutant Massacre with Sinister and the Marauders. Nightcrawler is found in the tunnels and becomes an X-man. And we might even meet Rogue, Iceman, Angel, Colossus and Kitty as young students at the school, thus setting them up for the next film. Logan would basically just have the one cool scene where he's tracking Marauders in the tunnels and Storm tells him to "bring back one alive." He kills some Marauders, fights Sabretooth and that's really about it. The rest of the movie he's kind of taken off the board so the other X-men can get more screentime.

That would give the template for two more X-men films. After that we have some cool crossover with the X-men and X-Force. Cable has jumped back through time after the events of the X-Force film leave him the only man alive (and the one who shot kid Apocalypse in the head, as Fantomex did in the comics) and he has a different X-Force team now (this one with Domino, Shatterstar, Warpath, etc.). The after credits scene from X-Force essentially set this up with him using Apocalypse's technology to go back through time and ensure that En Sabah Nur's followers don't mess up the world. The X-men now consist of Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Beast, Angel, Colossus, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Kitty and Wolverine. Cable and Wolverine don't get along from the get-go, and perhaps this film loosely follows the X-Cutioner's Song with Stryfe and everyone hunting Cable since they think him responsible for Xavier's assassination. Since it's in the present it might even utilize the OT cast, assuming they haven't gotten too old.

At any rate, just some ideas. I can't wait to see where this franchise is going next...

Last edited by Dayspring1; 07-19-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Dayspring1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #645
Loki882
Side-Kick

I do hope that they end up making that XF movie. DOFP has given them a golden opportunity to branch out and diversify this franchise. They'd be fools not to take advantage of that.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #646
Rike
Wat.

New info about X-Men: Apocalypse:
Quote:
LR: X-Men APOCALYPSE is going to take place in the 80s. FIRST CLASS used the style of a bond movie to feel period while DAYS OF FUTURE PAST mostly used historical events as settings, is there an event in the 80s that ties into APOCALYPSE?

Simon Kinberg: I don’t want to get to specific. We love the alternate history thing. It started in FIRST CLASS with the Cuban Missile Crisis. It’s something that we picked up on with the JFK back-story for DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. It’s something as a writer that I’ve always loved and I know it’s something Lauren Shuler Donner, the other producer and Bryan Singer loves. So, we will take advantage of the historical context of the 80’s.

LR: Your group of X-Men is growing. Each film adds new Mutants and now with Days of Future Past doing what it did, some of the old favorites can come back. AND you have Channing Tatum waiting in the wings to bring a new version of Gambit to the screen. Will he be introduced in a team movie or get a solo outing or is a solo movie a better way to focus on a characters origins?

Simon Kinberg: I genuinely don’t know the answer to that question. It’s something we are all talking about whether it would be good for Gambit to be in a mainline X-MEN movie or he would be in his own stand-alone movie potentially one day to be able to be in another X-MEN movie after his Gambit movie introduces him. I really don’t know the answer. I don’t think there is a hard and fast rule which way is better. I think both ways have worked and I think actually the real question will be is there a role that is strong and specific enough for Gambit in a mainline X-MEN movie whether it be APOCALYPSE or future X-MEN movie that would be the right way to introduce the character. You don’t want to stick characters in these movies and manufacture something for them to do. You want the movie to tell you that it needs another character or ideally it needs this specific character.

LR: I have a little game here. I will shotgun one of these beers for each wrong guess as to the identity of APOCALYPSE’ Four Horseman.

Simon Kinberg: I don’t think I can play that game with you. I don’t want you chugging beers on my behalf and I can’t tell you if you are right or wrong anyway. But, I will tell you this and obviously there are a lot of different versions of the Horseman over the books, and this will not reveal any of the identities so I apologize in advance. I will let you know that our choosing of the Horseman was something that we, Bryan and myself took very, very seriously and did only after an exhaustive review of all the different Horseman, both in the comics and the cartoons who have at one point or another fallen under APOCALYPSE.

LR: Honestly, how many times have you had the conversation about what to do with Wolverine once Hugh Jackman exits and are the multiple contingency plans or just A. Plan.?

Simon Kinberg: I really haven’t had that conversation. That may be a conversation Lauren Shuler Donner has had. She’s always been more involved in the WOLVERINE movies and she really is the creator of the entire franchise going back to 1999 or 2000, whenever it began. I know from Hugh who is just become a friend and I’ve actually made another movie with Hugh this year, a Neill Blomkamp movie, so I’ve made a lot of films with Hugh now. I think as long as the stories are compelling and the scripts are good, until he is in a wheelchair himself, you will get Hugh Jackman to come back and play WOLVERINE. So I don’t personally have a contingency plan for him leaving the franchise because I can’t imagine him leaving the franchise. I’m building these movies just as I assume I have Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy – I have Hugh Jackman as well. So until he literally calls me from the hospital and says ‘I can’t do it anymore’ I will continue to put him in these movies. Having spoken with him about it I do think it is the quality of the material and filmmakers. If there are filmmakers he wants work with and its something interesting and new for him to do with the character I think we’ll get him to come back.

LR: Is there any chance of seeing Nightcrawler in APOCALYPSE?

Simon Kinberg: Is there any chance? There is always a chance.
Read more here: http://www.latino-review.com/news/ex...-simon-kinberg

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #647
JP
To me

Interesting.

Old Today, 12:07 AM   #648
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

not really saying much about Apocalypse.I find it hard to believe they are scripting now and haven't decered if they are using Gambit In Apocalypse

It's clear in some ways Apocalypse is the conclusion of a trilogy and people should stop trying to predict when Hugh jackman will be done as wolverine.

Old Today, 12:52 AM   #649
xrs13
Cold as ice

hmm, from this, to me at least, it sounds like they are actively considering some horsemen from the cartoons (otherwise why say the cartoons when he could just have said "over the years" or "in the comics") , and seeing as the ones in the 90's series werent actually known characters other than archangel. It would point more at Evolution. So right now there is a greater chance of seeing Magneto, Mystique, Xavier and/or Storm as the horsemen.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:08 AM   #650
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
hmm, from this, to me at least, it sounds like they are actively considering some horsemen from the cartoons (otherwise why say the cartoons when he could just have said "over the years" or "in the comics") , and seeing as the ones in the 90's series werent actually known characters other than archangel. It would point more at Evolution. So right now there is a greater chance of seeing Magneto, Mystique, Xavier and/or Storm as the horsemen.
It's more likely to be wolverine,Xavier,Magneto,and Mystique as horseman.Wolverine Is only one who has actully been one In Comics inless they have changed it since i quit buying new comics in 2005/2006.

I don't see Storm as horseman.Someone has to actully fight Apocalypse.
If Gambit Isn't In Apocalypse It may be Cyclops,Jean,Storm,Beast,and possibly
Nightcrawler fighting Apocalypse and his army.