The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 52

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I would have preferred you asked me why I think this instead of using the laughing icon.

It not the label, so much as the style. I don't usually like their style. So, it surprised me that I liked it as much as I did and I'm not sure if I like it more than another film in my preferred style. Marvel is usually not to my tastes, so having them make a film that is closer to what I like was unexpected.
I completely get what you're saying; I'm basically in the same boat. I respect the MCU films, I know they're great. I enjoy most of them but Cap2 was the first one I really fell in love with. I think Marvel may have stepped their game up with that one; and frankly they needed to imho.

Eveyone has their style preferences.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 05-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Sometimes this place makes me depressed. When I joined the Hype, I chose to start on this board first. Because I prefer DC. I thought joining a DC board was logical because that's what I like most right now.

But half the time, I get attacked for having a preference for DC. On a DC board.

Look people: It's not about the logo. The Marvel logo is just something movies that I don't like as much as others have in common. I didn't just decide to hate them because they're Marvel. I don't even hate them. I just prefer something else. I watch the movies. I just don't like them as much as I've liked DC moves. I don't even like all of DC, but their recent movies have been to my liking. So, I say I prefer DC and chose to hang around a DC board. If Marvel switches things ups and makes more movies I like...Guess what? I'll start to like more Marvel.

So, there it is. I'm Mrs. Kent and I prefer DC movies right now. Is that ok with people? Or am I a bad person for not liking both equally?

\S/T*
Old 05-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
I completely get what you're saying; I'm basically in the same boat. I respect the MCU films, I know they're great. I enjoy most of them but Cap2 was the first one I really fell in love with. I think Marvel may have stepped their game up with that one; and frankly they needed to imho.

Eveyone has their style preferences.
Thank you. I'm tired of being accused of just "judging by the logo" because I have a preference.

It's. not. the. goddamned. logo.

I just like some movies more than others and the ones I like more are usually DC.

\S/T*
Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I fully support you mrs k!! I enjoy the marvel films and pay to see every one of them in the theater. But I love the approach and the tone of DC's movies. They just resonate with me more. It has nothing to do with some silly Marvel vs DC fanboy feud either, it's just what I prefer.

Romans 8:38-39
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sometimes this place makes me depressed. When I joined the Hype, I chose to start on this board first. Because I prefer DC. I thought joining a DC board was logical because that's what I like most right now.

But half the time, I get attacked for having a preference for DC. On a DC board.

Look people: It's not about the logo. The Marvel logo is just something movies that I don't like as much as others have in common. I didn't just decide to hate them because they're Marvel. I don't even hate them. I just prefer something else. I watch the movies. I just don't like them as much as I've liked DC moves. I don't even like all of DC, but their recent movies have been to my liking. So, I say I prefer DC and chose to hang around a DC board. If Marvel switches things ups and makes more movies I like...Guess what? I'll start to like more Marvel.

So, there it is. I'm Mrs. Kent and I prefer DC movies right now. Is that ok with people? Or am I a bad person for not liking both equally?
Don't sweat it, Mrs.Kent... I'm right there with yah and have debated this topic before. You're not alone

I only saw Iron Man and Avengers in theater. Cap:FA, Thor, Thor:TDW and IM2 I saw when it came out on DVD. I didn't see Winter Soldier yet and didn't see IM3 yet because frankly, I just don't have the urge to see it (Winter Soldier FOR SURE. IM3 still looks ****** to me.)

As bad as TASM2 has been ripped to shreds, I've been looking forward to that and will be seeing that over WS in theaters. It's just personal preference.

Last edited by Tra-El; 05-07-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Top Ten of the Genre (superhero adaptations)

The Dark Knight
Watchmen The Ultimate Cut
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins
Man of Steel

Hulk
X2
The Amazing Spider-Man
Captain America The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #9
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Look at the bright side guys, in about two years from now, we'll have more bigger things to endlessly debate about thatll make any current debates featuring mos feel trivial.lol

Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Boom
I got nothin'

May 19th can go ahead and get here any time now.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #11
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Look at the bright side guys, in about two years from now, we'll have more bigger things to endlessly debate about thatll make any current debates featuring mos feel trivial.lol
Absolutely.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #12
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Thanks to you folks who don't think I'm the anti-Christ for having a preference. I've just had to defend myself about that far too much. I'm about done with it and think I might just be quiet about it from now on. It's just not possible to have a preference for one or the other without being a sheep who just "judges the movies by a logo."

Anyways, yay for May 2016.

\S/T*
Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #13
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Thanks to you folks who don't think I'm the anti-Christ for having a preference. I've just had to defend myself about that far too much. I'm about done with it and think I might just be quiet about it from now on. It's just not possible to have a preference for one or the other without being a sheep who just "judges the movies by a logo."

*makes note to myself to cal henry and have him visit mrs k

Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
Travesty
TEOL

What's going on in this thread?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #15
Smallville13
Side-Kick

More importantly, what's going on May 19?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #16
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

My top five CBMs

1. The Avengers
2. The Dark Knight (1.1, really)
3. CA:TWS
4. Spider-Man 2
5. X-2

For the record, I don't have a problem with people preferring one company's movies over another if that's their taste. I can't stand the fanboys of either side, though, the ones who have to build their movies up by tearing the other company's movies down.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #17
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

One thing I'm confident we're going to get with this & JL are some absolutely mind blowing trailers. MoS, 300 & Watchmen all had at least one trailer that is among my all time favourites. And they didn't have the content to compete with a JL!

Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #18
Travesty
TEOL

Watchmens trailer was fantastic. One of the best trailers I have ever seen.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #19
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

We need news, dammit.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #20
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you. I'm tired of being accused of just "judging by the logo" because I have a preference.

It's. not. the. goddamned. logo.

I just like some movies more than others and the ones I like more are usually DC.
Quote:

Frankly, I think you're overreacting quite a bit. You are not a "victim" and no one is bullying you. There's no need to cry about it and make everyone feel pity for you. You are not being being "attacked" as a "sheep who just judges movies by a logo."

Your exact words were "That movie confuses me because I don't usually have Marvel in my top 5."

That line doesn't say you prefer DC, but in the end the logo doesn't matter. It says that the movie being made by Marvel makes you hesitate to put it in your top 5.

Clearly the logo DOES matter. Maybe more than you'd like to admit. That doesn't mean you are being attacked or told to think differently.

I'm done with this discussion with you, as you clearly are not able to defend your opinions without crying a river about how you're being accused of being a "bad person" or a "sheep" or even the "anti-Christ"....

Old 05-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #21
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I wonder if we'll get anything at SDCC this year. I'm thinking it will be similar to the A:AoU tease last year of Ultrons face being created. But probably not even that much. Most likely just a clip of the official logo coming into view with maybe a soundbite of Affleck.

But seriously, what's happening May 19th?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #22
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I wonder which of the Bat-Vehicles we will be seeing in the film, and which artist/era Snyder will be mining for their design.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #23
golfguy22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Watchmens trailer was fantastic. One of the best trailers I have ever seen.
That one trailer alone made me interested in the comic and the movie. The music...Rorschach's monologue...perfection. All I need is the Fassbender meme

Old 05-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #24
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfguy22 View Post
That one trailer alone made me interested in the comic and the movie. The music...Rorschach's monologue...perfection. All I need is the Fassbender meme

Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #25
Smallville13
Side-Kick

The second trailer for MOS was a work of art. Oh boy did I think we were in for something special.

Closed Thread