The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #326
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian99uk View Post
Check out @AMCMovieNews's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AMCMovieNews/sta...33725474795520 link to the supposed batsuit not sure if it's real or not
Can't post pics or would have
Looks like a Power Ranger villain.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #327
lujho
Side-Kick

The tweet basically says "hey, here's an interesting piece of fan art" and everyone chimes in "hey, that's not real, that's fan art! Fake!".

Do they still teach reading comprehension in schools?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #328
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
The tweet basically says "hey, here's an interesting piece of fan art" and everyone chimes in "hey, that's not real, that's fan art! Fake!".

Do they still teach reading comprehension in schools?
America's school system is powerless against the Legion of D00M (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their army of cell phones).

Old 04-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #329
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
America's school system is powerless against the Legion of D00M (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their army of cell phones).
It's somehow social networking's fault that kids are lazy?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #330
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando81 View Post
It's somehow social networking's fault that kids are lazy?
I think you're taking a joke just a little too seriously.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 AM   #331
Rorschach2012
$

i expect more casting announcements before any suit reveals

Old 04-25-2014, 02:38 AM   #332
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

It's Obama's fault

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-25-2014, 02:54 AM   #333
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

i am IronBat.

nah nah nahnahnah

Old 04-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #334
matt47
Side-Kick

http://defensetech.org/2014/03/28/sc...-contact-lens/

This would be really cool for Batman to have!

Old 04-26-2014, 02:06 AM   #335
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

A part of me feels like that parts of the batman suit should be made up of CGI.

Unless they can get better looking armor-like material for the costume, I feel like they'll never be able to create a costume where the person wearing it will feel comfortable at all.

From everything that I've heard so far, it seems like Batman's suit is the most uncomfortable thing to wear out of all of the hero suits that we've seen in any live action format.

The suit can cause migraines for the person and make them sweat a lot, while limiting the movements for the actor or stunt person when doing action scenes.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:06 AM   #336
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Unless they can get better looking armor-like material for the costume, I feel like they'll never be able to create a costume where the person wearing it will feel comfortable at all.

From everything that I've heard so far, it seems like Batman's suit is the most uncomfortable thing to wear out of all of the hero suits that we've seen in any live action format.

The suit can cause migraines for the person and make them sweat a lot, while limiting the movements for the actor or stunt person when doing action scenes.
I don't see that the main bodysuit has to be made from anything other than what the Superman suit is made from, more or less, or something like the torso of the Avengers Cap suit.

CG seems like overkill - except possibly for the face of the cowl, MAYBE, if they could do it subtly and realistically. And the occasional cape replacement.

Was the TDK suit really THAT uncomfortable for Bale? From what I remember the biggest problem was that all the bits would pop off during filming.

Anyway, I don't remember Chris Evans complaining about his cap suits and that's basically the same coverage as a Batsuit.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:34 AM   #337
D.P.
Banned User

I think a proper suit can be done, it just hasn't and therefore seems impossible.

It just requires the perfect storm of a director with the vision to do it, and a costume department that can execute the idea. There is no way in hell you can tell me it can't be done with all of the innovations in costumes, materials, and practical effects.

B89 being as influential as it was is sort of a gift and a curse. Every suit since then has pretty much been an evolution of the Burton suit. People have either been too scared, unwilling, or not creative enough to deviate from molded black rubber/leather.

It's just about breaking old ways of thinking IMO. I hope they really break the mold with the Batfleck suit.

Form fitting suits have been done in other movies, it just takes the right circumstances for someone to apply that to Batman.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:40 AM   #338
BvS117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

The Batman suit should be alot like the Captain America suit in The Winter soldier.

Add a cape, some gauntlets, and I hope that's what the batsuit will look like. Simple, functional, militaristic, and mobile.

Last edited by BvS117; 04-26-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:38 AM   #339
D.P.
Banned User

I'm constantly seeing examples of Batman-like suits that could work for Batman but have yet to be actually used...for Batman.

So why have we not moved on some 20 odd years later?

I think the earlier films have stalled progress in the same way the Reeves Superman films stalled the progression of Superman for a while. No one was willing to move on from the past.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #340
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I'm constantly seeing examples of Batman-like suits that could work for Batman but have yet to be actually used...for Batman.

So why have we not moved on some 20 odd years later?

I think the earlier films have stalled progress in the same way the Reeves Superman films stalled the progression of Superman for a while. No one was willing to move on from the past.
It's still too baggy/bulky, but I love the textures (and MIX of textures) in that 2nd suit. But Batman's suit should definitely be more form fitting, like those Prometheus ones.

the TRON suits still have too much sculpted rubber elements for my liking - I'm more interested in the textured fabric parts of them.

I'd accept a fabric bat-bodysuit with MINIMAL external sculpted rubber elements, but they'd also have to be minimalIST (smooth, organic, without too much detailing and not too thick) and well integrated into the fabric parts. MAYBE a few pad-like elements on the shoulders, elbows, knees etc.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #341
D.P.
Banned User

Agreed. You absolutely need sculpting in some areas to feign the appearance of him having some sort of armor. There is definitely a balance to be found in all of those examples though.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 AM   #342
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. You absolutely need sculpting in some areas to feign the appearance of him having some sort of armor. There is definitely a balance to be found in all of those examples though.
Well, I don't think you NEED it - I'd just accept it.

I'd also accept sculpted "armour" parts UNDER the fabric, OR sewn INTO the fabric, in little pockets. Honestly I think that last one would give a really interesting, subtle and unique look.

Some combination of all three of those methods could work too. But I definitely don't think the bodysuit needs to have any externally visible armour at all.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:24 AM   #343
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvS117 View Post
Add a cape, some gauntlets, and I hope that's what the batsuit will look like. Simple, functional, militaristic, and mobile.

I don't think Batman should look "militaristic" as, unlike Captain America, he is not a military character. Batman's intention for his costume hasalways been made manifestly clear- to spook criminals. The appearance of his costume should therefore reflect this. SWAT gear with ears and a cape doesn't achieve that, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
I definitely don't think the bodysuit needs to have any externally visible armour at all.
Yep.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #344
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I don't think Batman should look "militaristic" as, unlike Captain America, he is not a military character. Batman's intention for his costume hasalways been made manifestly clear- to spook criminals. The appearance of his costume should therefore reflect this. SWAT gear with ears and a cape doesn't achieve that, in my opinion.
Yeah, I also just think that baggy/wrinkly clothing and a superhero cape don't mix. It would just seem really weird.

I still wouldn't mind seeing SOME military aspects to the costume, in the way of the pouch belt and possibly boots that are, or are reminiscent of, combat boots.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #345
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Quote:
You absolutely don't need the "appearance" of armor. There was an old saying around here back in the day... "the batsuit does not need to appear armored to be armored" - impact hardening plates, nano fabrics, exotic materials, all that sort of stuff. And all that stuff actually exists; just needs a bit of movie fiction to make it work. This approach would have worked even in the Nolanverse, and in the Snyderverse it's a non-issue - if the audience can accept flying aliens, Greek gods, cyborgs, etc., etc., etc., then they will accept that a mega-billionaire has the wherewithal to adapt existing materials to his particular needs.

Last edited by BatScot; 04-26-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #346
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Agreed. And in any case, the TDK* suit was essentially a military/SWAT approach to the costume and that's a look that should stay in the closet.

* Yeah, I know the BB suit was supposed to be an actual military suit, but it ain't the same deal.~

Old 04-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #347
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Since all this batman 75th anniversary stuff is going on, I hope they reveal the suit soon.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #348
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

still expect comic con, because I also think they're not gonna film any scenes with the suits until after CC, where they can give the first official look at the suits.

just under 3 months guys, whats a little more waiting gonna hurt, right gang?

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #349
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

They can explain armored tights away easy enough. "Titanium/kevlar weave" or some other random hokum. Satisfies all but the prissiest of nitpickers and we don't have to watch him gallivant around in stupid bulky armor for the entire picture.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #350
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
still expect comic con, because I also think they're not gonna film any scenes with the suits until after CC, where they can give the first official look at the suits.

just under 3 months guys, whats a little more waiting gonna hurt, right gang?
I can wait that long. I want more JL member/villain casting announcements first anyways. . and I expect we'll get that before suit reveals

Closed Thread