The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #351
Chip Chipperson
FOR YOU

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I can wait that long. I want more JL member/villain casting announcements first anyways. . and I expect we'll get that before suit reveals
oh most definitely. a few more casting announcements, the title, then suits at comic con.

honestly, I just want to know who some of the actors in the cast will be playing (Hunter, Mulvey, Tao)

They better cast a Dick Grayson too

Old 04-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #352
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
still expect comic con, because I also think they're not gonna film any scenes with the suits until after CC, where they can give the first official look at the suits.
I'm sure they will have done a LOT of studio filming away from public eyes by then. It's not all location filming.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #353
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
oh most definitely. a few more casting announcements, the title, then suits at comic con.

honestly, I just want to know who some of the actors in the cast will be playing (Hunter, Mulvey, Tao)

Yeah agreed dude...

If anyone deserves a place in a Batman/Superman centric film, it should be Dick Grayson...

He's definitely one of the marquee DC characters, if he's not involved with this new universe that's a huge missed opportunity for DC.

Personally, I'd even like for Nightwing to be an unofficial member of the Justice League. I loved it in Superfriends when they would cut to scenes of Batman and Robin on separate missions from the rest of the team. Even if they did one scene where Nightwing and Batman team up for some reason, that would be enough i think. I'd love if they harkened back to that Superfriends lineup.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #354
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:

Agreed

Old 04-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #355
InJustice
Side-Kick

I disagree that Nightwing should be in a Superman/Batman movie, maybe if it was called Superman/Batman/Nightwing, but Superman/Batman should focus on the main characters: Superman and Batman.

The most appropriate place for him is in a Batman movie (origin, sequel, what have you).

Old 04-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #356
Chip Chipperson
FOR YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I disagree that Nightwing should be in a Superman/Batman movie, maybe if it was called Superman/Batman/Nightwing, but Superman/Batman should focus on the main characters: Superman and Batman.

The most appropriate place for him is in a Batman movie (origin, sequel, what have you).
I just want undeniable proof that exists within this cinematic universe.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #357
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Quote:

So you want it called Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Cyborg, then?

"I'm going to show you something..beautiful. Everyone, screaming for mercy..you want to save the world, but you don't want it to change. You are all puppets, tangled in..strings..strings. But now I'm free..there are no strings on me."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #358
regwec
Shakespearo

I would favour Robin over Nightwing.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #359
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I would favour Robin over Nightwing.
I probably would too

Old 04-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #360
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

If they are going to do it, I want to see Robin and not Nightwing.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 04-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #361
RectusErectus
Side-Kick

Why not both?

Old 04-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #362
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Dick as Nightwing Tim as Robin. You're welcome.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #363
Chip Chipperson
FOR YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstAvenger View Post
yes.

and I want a jason todd death mention. It sounds selfish, but I want it!

Old 04-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #364
roach
I am the night

Quote:

Having Nightwing in this movie does not take away focus from Superman and Batman

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #365
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
still expect comic con, because I also think they're not gonna film any scenes with the suits until after CC, where they can give the first official look at the suits.

just under 3 months guys, whats a little more waiting gonna hurt, right gang?
I don't think they're going to schedule shooting around a comic con.
they will shoot what they need to shoot ,when they need to shoot it so that it cost less money and is most convenient for everyone involved. usually that means the scenes that will need the most special effects done post shooting will get shot first so they can put them in the hands of the effects team asap. that and location will determine the schedule. not a comic con.

What Snyder meant was that they think they have worked out a way to keep prying eyes away from the revealing stuff as much as possible.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #366
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Yes

Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #367
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
So you want it called Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Cyborg, then?
That's not the point, Nightwing is usually portrayed as a guy on his own after being tutored by Batman for so long (though he does help Batman from time to time, but not to the extent of a sidekick like Robin). I don't think it's the right time to explore Nightwing, especially in a movie that should focus its story around Batman and Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Having Nightwing in this movie does not take away focus from Superman and Batman
Yet, it feels clunky in a B/S story (all the other characters are possible cameos except for arguably Wonder Woman), especially if you establish that Nightwing is on his solo mission. I can't see how that would make any sort of sense to have Nightwing in the BvS movie. Therefore, he makes more sense in a Batman film.

Hence, I'd just rather not focus on Nightwing at all (though Robin is neat to explore, though it depends on whether Snyder wants to explore a hero having a sidekick or not).

Last edited by InJustice; 04-26-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #368
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
You say that about every character that is added and even many that are rumored to be added. At a certain point, adding more and more characters does take focus away from Superman and batman.

\S/T*
Old 04-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #369
lujho
Side-Kick

You think Batman sometimes calls him Nightdick by accident?

Old 04-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #370
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
You think Batman sometimes calls him Nightdick by accident?
NightWing: "Good night Batman"
Batman: "night dick"

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Old 04-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #371
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
Well, I don't think you NEED it - I'd just accept it.

I'd also accept sculpted "armour" parts UNDER the fabric, OR sewn INTO the fabric, in little pockets. Honestly I think that last one would give a really interesting, subtle and unique look.

Some combination of all three of those methods could work too. But I definitely don't think the bodysuit needs to have any externally visible armour at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatScot View Post
You absolutely don't need the "appearance" of armor. There was an old saying around here back in the day... "the batsuit does not need to appear armored to be armored" - impact hardening plates, nano fabrics, exotic materials, all that sort of stuff. And all that stuff actually exists; just needs a bit of movie fiction to make it work. This approach would have worked even in the Nolanverse, and in the Snyderverse it's a non-issue - if the audience can accept flying aliens, Greek gods, cyborgs, etc., etc., etc., then they will accept that a mega-billionaire has the wherewithal to adapt existing materials to his particular needs.
I was thinking moreso in terms of giving anatomical shape to the suit where this is none. Sometimes with those body suits you lose a lot of the definition and curvature of the human body. Even Cavill's suit had to have faux muscle sculpting.

That's what I meant by the appearance of armor. You guys are automatically thinking "Iron-Bat" and I had something more subtle in mind based on the examples I posted.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #372
hafizbat
Side-Kick

From Son of Batman. The classic look is timeless...Just bring it to life!

Old 04-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #373
Rorschach2012
$

Man i would love to see Batman and Robin working with each other in a JL movie... it worked on Superfriends

Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #374
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I was thinking moreso in terms of giving anatomical shape to the suit where this is none. Sometimes with those body suits you lose a lot of the definition and curvature of the human body. Even Cavill's suit had to have faux muscle sculpting.

That's what I meant by the appearance of armor. You guys are automatically thinking "Iron-Bat" and I had something more subtle in mind based on the examples I posted.
It wasn't "automatic", you expressly said "feign armor" were it appears now you meant 'feign musculature'... and that sort of thing is fine, but its not really what we think of when we're at talking the look of the batsuit - those undersuits are more cosmetic, more part of the make-up aspect of the movie fiction than part of the costume proper.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #375
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

The cowl in Son of Batman looked atrocious in some shots tho. The "ears' were too long and curly. I'd prefer a shorter cowl. I actually like the Under the Red Hood cowl more. I do love the overall suit in Son of Batman though