The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #151
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 17

Not a pic, but an interesting tease from Snyder of what does exists out there somewhere:

“The thing also that’s really fascinating for me is that, even just in the tests we’ve been doing, the costumes, right? You basically have Batman and Superman — and this is without Ben [Affleck] and Henry [Cavill] in the costumes, but just like the stand-ins, just testing to see what the costumes look like. And you have them standing there and they’re standing in the same shot — and then we have Wonder Woman, you know, all three of them in the same shot. Even just for a test, you really have to go, ‘Wow, that’s crazy!’ Not only is it the first time that I’m seeing them, it’s the first time they’ve ever existed together on screen in a movie. And that’s kind of a huge deal. Even just Batman and Superman standing next to each other… [I]t’s kind of epic. You do sort of sense the weight of the pop culture iconography jumping out of its skin when you’re standing there looking at the two of them and Wonder Woman. It’s crazy. But it’s fun. I mean, I have the first photo, I’ve got it in my archive because I was like, ‘Okay, I better keep this, it’s gonna be worth something,’ [laughs]!"

“Unfortunately, I don’t even know the timeline… Because the movie takes place so far from now, it’s hard to know exactly. That all gets tied to marketing and strategies for the movie. It’s not just a free-for-all, which I’d love it to be. Because I take a picture of the suit with my camera– I’m actually staring at one right now in my office. And it’s just massive on my wall in my office and it’s epic, let me tell you! And I’m like, ‘God, I want to send this to the Internet immediately.’ But I know I’m not allowed to [laughs]! I do value the sort of excitement of the way the film is [revealed]… "

“But, when we finally do show it, it’s gonna be real fun. And it’s true, you gotta make sure– you’re gonna want the real shot…”

Snyder "Talks" Batman ~ latino-review.com

Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #152
regwec
Shakespearo

These movies are about as remote from 'real life' as we could be, however, so that statement means little.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #153
RadioSha
Side-Kick

I can't believe no one's broken into Synder's office and stole that batsuit poster he has set up.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #154
regwec
Shakespearo

Or just photographed it while he was in the toilet.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #155
HUMANIMAL

yeah, where is super janitor when you need him ....

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 04-17-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #156
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I remember complaints about Batman's fighting style and movement not going over well with most fans and now fans want a non stiff Batman after Winter Soldier. My do things change.
I thought the fight choreography of the TDK trilogy was universally despised?

Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #157
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, I thought it was a common agreement that a suit in which the actor and stunt doubles would be an improvement from what Batman has had to deal with in past films long before Cap 2 came out.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #158
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I think it became more common for folks to hate on the trilogy's choreography after Rises considering it featured these gems:

\S/T*
Old 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #159
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

There's also a moment where a henchman falls for no reason at all.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #160
InJustice
Side-Kick

The fight scenes always did look awkwardly choreographed and filmed to me. If anything, The Winter Soldier increased the standards.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #161
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

\S/T*
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #162
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I wouldn't say they increased the standards. Just reminded us that these things can be done with the right choreography and suits that allow for movement.

"

Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #163
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I think there was also another moment with that fight scene with Blake.

TDK also had some problems in the China fight scene.

"

Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #164
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

I like this design. What do you think of it?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #165
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I'll cover it up with, Batman got off a quick batarang.

RIP
Oliver Queen
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #166
John-An

Can someone put white eyes to this batsuit?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #167
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
I'll cover it up with, Batman got off a quick batarang.
If only. Dude never used them in those films.

"

Old 04-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #168
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
The kind of strong Batman needs to be doesn't require massive size. Tell me this guy doesn't look strong, and then tell me if you'd let him do his one-inch punch on you.

Batman doesn't fight crime shirtless. Criminals won't cower when they see this:

Batman needs some size in order to look intimidating.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #169
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

If Batman has the reputation one would expect of him, I don't think his size would really matter.

"

Old 04-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #170
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

COWARDLY SUSPICIOUS CRIMINAL: "Hey, nice trunks skinny guy"
SKINNY GUY: "waaaah"
COWARDLY SUSPICIOUS CRIMINAL: "Aaaand, I'm dead now"

Old 04-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #171
RectusErectus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post

I like this design. What do you think of it?
Looks like Bermejos suit

Old 04-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #172
John-An

^^^^^ The second one. I like it better than the noel suit. just white eyes and perfect.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #173
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

Just watched Superman Batman: Apocalypse, HOPEFULLY they could show the bat cape sway ala batman (coz he is!) when he's running (something that is shown in the animated movie when he's running during the battle with many doomsday clones sorry can't find a gif), something the Dark Knight Trilogy lacks IMO. I mean just carry something more from the source itself.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 AM   #174
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
The fight scenes always did look awkwardly choreographed and filmed to me. If anything, The Winter Soldier increased the standards.
I 100% agree! I finally got a chance to see CA:TWS tonight and it was AMAZING! Caps fighting style was perfect - much more brutal and powerful than it's been in any of the his past appearances IMO. Even though Caps pretty much a superhuman, I still think Batman could move more like that than what we've gotten up to this point; more agile jumping and landing with that quietness that Cap had in that first action sequence on the boat. I know Batman is a "moving in the shadows" kind of guy, but when he's out-and-out fighting, he could use more of that parkour movement with more fiercely fast hand-to-hand combat.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 04-18-2014, 01:47 AM   #175
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Bruce View Post
Some twitter account claiming that Larry Fong tweeted this, but I can't find it. Smells like BS and I really hope it is. Either way it's one I haven't seen.

Good freaking god, I would LOVE if this was the Batman we were getting in this movie. You've all seen my pics, you know I'm rooting for something much more traditional. But I would be totally interested in a demonesque Batman like this. As far as the demonesque Batman incarnations go, I *love* this. I think it's a really freaky design that tips its hat to tradition. I'd vastly prefer something along the lines of the pics I usually post, but I would be personally thrilled if WB released something that looked like this as a still.

Closed Thread