The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #101
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

I'd also love to see the dragon scale outfit.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:17 AM   #102
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Not me, it'd look goofy onscreen. And there's really no reason why he'd wear something like that.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #103
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
I understand that..and I agree with it. Despite the numerous flaws in SM2, X2, Iron Man, Thor, Thor: Dark World, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and First Class I am able to enjoy those movies for what they are. I've also stated multiple times that 'Winter Soldier' is a fun movie.
I am curious , what are your top 5 CBMs?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #104
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
Good movie!
Short and sweet and straight to the point,I LIKE IT!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #105
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Ok...Question:

Am i the only one who wondered WHAT IF the movie cap is more like The Ultimate Cap?

How the movie would've turned out then...
I dont like Ultimate Cap.
So , I hope the movies never go there .
And, to answer your question, it would have turned out poorly.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #106
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

I want to see Ultimate Cap on screen as much as I want to see Horny Cannibal Hulk and the Natasha who murdered Clint's wife and kids.

TalismanRing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #107
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Haha ok, fair enough.Guess not much people love the Ultimate version.

Wondered what happened though, since that incarnation of Cap was pretty popular for awhile.Lotsa people thought that it was a refreshing take on the character back then ( me included, personal opinion here, guys)

Just wondering how it would have been a wildly different movie if the main character was The Ultimate Cap.Which is kinda interesting since it's basically the same character with just a few tweaks.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #108
Loki882
Side-Kick

I love elements about the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Spider-Man (both Peter and later Miles Morales) being the big example. I've liked some of the Ultimates and Ultimate X-Men stuff and I'm going to read the current All-New Ultimates book. I just don't like the tendency to turn a lot of it's characters into complete *******s, or even just disgusting degenerates. Ultimate Cap was the former.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #109
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I'm okay with an Ultimate inspired world as long as its populated with 616 heroes.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #110
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
I want to see Ultimate Cap on screen as much as I want to see Horny Cannibal Hulk and the Natasha who murdered Clint's wife and kids.
Not to mention an incestuous relationship between QS and SW.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #111
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I'm okay with an Ultimate inspired world as long as its populated with 616 heroes.
Which is basically what Feige and Whedon want.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #112
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not to mention an incestuous relationship between QS and SW.
Aw,c'mon now...that was at least a little...interesting

Old 04-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #113
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha ok, fair enough.Guess not much people love the Ultimate version.

Wondered what happened though, since that incarnation of Cap was pretty popular for awhile.Lotsa people thought that it was a refreshing take on the character back then ( me included, personal opinion here, guys)

Just wondering how it would have been a wildly different movie if the main character was The Ultimate Cap.Which is kinda interesting since it's basically the same character with just a few tweaks.
The first two volumes of The Ultimates I didn't mind. But after that I really stopped caring all that much. They were an interesting what if? story, but not who I'd want to see.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #114
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

When I saw that panel of the Blob eating Janet like she was a side of beef, I was pretty much done with the UU. And I was off Loeb for a long while too.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #115
Loki882
Side-Kick

And then Hank Pym bit Blob's head off. And Magneto snapped Charles Xavier's neck, and most of the X-Men got wiped out off-panel, Wolverine tried to bang a 15 year old Mary Jane Watson when he and Spider-Man switched bodies, etc.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #116
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally saw CA:TWS...AWESOME!!! I mean it had me from the humor in the first scene - "on your left"...but especially from the first action scene. When I saw Cap front kick that one pirate over the railing with such power, I knew this wasn't the same Cap I saw in the Avengers, much less his first solo movie. I mean his fighting style and improvisational tactics...well, it made for a great movie-going experience! I'll see it again for sure!

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #117
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
The first two volumes of The Ultimates I didn't mind. But after that I really stopped caring all that much. They were an interesting what if? story, but not who I'd want to see.
Yeah, the first two volumes were great,after that...not so much.

A question: when you said that's not who'd you want to see, you meant in the comics world or in the movies?

Quote:
And then Hank Pym bit Blob's head off. And Magneto snapped Charles Xavier's neck, and most of the X-Men got wiped out off-panel, Wolverine tried to bang a 15 year old Mary Jane Watson when he and Spider-Man switched bodies, etc.
Whoa....all this really happened??

Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 AM   #118
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whoa....all this really happened??
The Ultimate universe started off pretty cool but turned into something... special.

And yeah, that all happened. Wolverine was banging an underage Jean Grey too. I forget if he outright tried to murder Cyclops, or just left him for dead in the Savage Land. But either way Scott was in the way and had to be eliminated.

Also Hulk ate some citizens. And there was lots of other examples of cannibalism.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 04-18-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 AM   #119
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Marvel_SKE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #120
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
The Ultimate universe started off pretty cool but turned into something... special.

And yeah, that all happened. Wolverine was banging an underage Jean Grey too. I forget if he outright tried to murder Cyclops, or just left him for dead in the Savage Land. But either way Scott was in the way and had to be eliminated.

Also Hulk ate some citizens. And there was lots of other examples of cannibalism.
I knew about that Wolvie and Cyke incident....but those other things

Like you said, they started off with a great idea,and at first they succeeded.In my opinion they gave well known characters like Cap and Wolverine new edges, and it was exciting to read.

But after that it seemed that they just pushed the envelope too far.

That said, i still wonder though, if the movies were more close to the Ultimate version, how will it all turned out. Characters like Cap and Thor in the Ultimate version weren't exactly kid friendly.And there's also the Cannibal Hulk...

The whole MCU might be geared toward more older audience

Old 04-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #121
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just came back from seeing this a 2nd time, and it not only holds up but improves on repeat viewing, more like this please Marvel (and less like Iron Man 2 and 3 and Thor 2).

This movie has ramifications on the WHOLE MCU, thats how good it is, this rivals The Avengers for the best Marvel movie for me now.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:12 AM   #122
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Just came back from seeing this a 2nd time, and it not only holds up but improves on repeat viewing, more like this please Marvel (and less like Iron Man 2 and 3 and Thor 2).

This movie has ramifications on the WHOLE MCU, thats how good it is, this rivals The Avengers for the best Marvel movie for me now.

yeah! it does hold up to repeat viewings!!!

As a big fan of Ed brubaker's cap run. i wanted very much to see how winter soldier is portray on screen and it did not disappoint.

Still so good after the 4th viewing.

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #123
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I knew about that Wolvie and Cyke incident....but those other things

Like you said, they started off with a great idea,and at first they succeeded.In my opinion they gave well known characters like Cap and Wolverine new edges, and it was exciting to read.

But after that it seemed that they just pushed the envelope too far.

That said, i still wonder though, if the movies were more close to the Ultimate version, how will it all turned out. Characters like Cap and Thor in the Ultimate version weren't exactly kid friendly.And there's also the Cannibal Hulk...

The whole MCU might be geared toward more older audience
I don't think an older audience would like Ult. Cap very much. And with quotes like "Surrender?? You think this letter on my head stands for France??" I highly doubt his movies would do well overseas. He'd be less popular than Maria Hill.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #124
Loki882
Side-Kick

Plus, that's just a stupid Mark Millar line. Cap fought alongside the French Resistance, so him saying that line was just idiotic. In fact, in the 616 universe, he once reprimanded another character who mocked the French by saying that some of the bravest men and women that he'd ever known where members of the French Resistance.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #125
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Yeah, in fact in Brubaker's TWS arc, he sort of goes out of his way to specifically say he hates when the French are called cowards after what he witnessed.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote