The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 46

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 45

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
How can you forget Kid Rock?
I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMEONE!!!! I just couldn't put my finger on who but it was song. Kid Rock was it. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Kinda like how I saw a Venom toy at TRU tonight,it looked cheaply made and poorly designed, like Venom's motivation. :o
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Made it before the lock.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #5
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Bad/sad news for Adventures of Superman readers...

Adventures of Superman Cancelled, to Be Replaced By Infinite Crisis in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMEONE!!!! I just couldn't put my finger on who but it was song. Kid Rock was it. Yes.
I'm going to be expecting cameos by Eminem and Kid Rock.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Quote:

I'm going to be expecting cameos by Eminem and Kid Rock.
HAHA i could only hope

Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Kid Rock for Killer Croc.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Kid Rock for Killer Croc.
"My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllll! Killer Croc!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Killer Croc is a Black guy, though.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
And Eminem as Mxyzptlk.
Em has to be the riddler kal! lol. so he can rhyme some **** at batman

Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

if i go to the manip thread and ask someone to do a manip of Em as the riddler ppl are gna think im on tht detriot crack

Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
batmanao23
In Affleck I hope

If Eminem is Mxyzptlk, you would have to rap Rap God backwards to make him go away

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #12
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

This makes me sad. Adventures of Superman was the best superman comic out there right now.

\S/T*
Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #13
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

This is kind of awesome.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...59004a35000045

Bruce ****ing Timm. I see why BTAS was a success and GL too.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #14
Space Ghost
Banned User

Imagine if all Batman and Superman titles got cancelled and were replaced by several Justin Bieber comics.

Last edited by Space Ghost; 04-15-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
This makes me sad. Adventures of Superman was the best superman comic out there right now.
I haven't read the final issue yet. I don't know how it ends, but #46-48 would've been a pretty awesome ending for it.

"

Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #16
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I haven't read the final issue yet. I don't know how it ends, but #46-48 would've been a pretty awesome ending for it.
I haven't read it yet either and I agree about #46-48. I can't believe it's ending though. Was it not popular? I don't get it.

\S/T*
Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #17
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I hope that doesn't mean that the current Superman title is selling more than Adventures of Superman.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #18
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

AOS is making way for the Infinite Crisis game tie in book.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #19
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I haven't read it yet either and I agree about #46-48. I can't believe it's ending though. Was it not popular? I don't get it.
I just read it. I liked it, though it felt Superman was kinda sidelined in it. So, it feels like a weird ending for it all. The Lois story would've been a good ending too. I think they could've ended it with a 52nd issue for good measure.

I don't know how it did in terms of sales from the digital side or physical. Maybe it wasn't doing all that well. The Injustice comic is still going with a Year Two storyline and that game came out long ago. Maybe it made good money and that's why their doing an Infinite Crisis comic too.

"

Old 04-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #20
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I just read it. I liked it, though it felt Superman was kinda sidelined in it. So, it feels like a weird ending for it all. The Lois story would've been a good ending too. I think they could've ended it with a 52nd issue for good measure.

I don't know how it did in terms of sales from the digital side or physical. Maybe it wasn't doing all that well. The Injustice comic is still going with a Year Two storyline and that game came out long ago. Maybe it made good money and that's why their doing an Infinite Crisis comic too.
I'll read it soon. Although, it doesn't sound like it's one of the best issues. Seems like one more issue was in order.

I can't say I'm that excited for Infinite Crisis, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. It seems this is farewell to one of the few recent comics that "gets" Superman.

\S/T*
Old 04-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #21
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I'll read it soon. Although, it doesn't sound like it's one of the best issues. Seems like one more issue was in order.

I can't say I'm that excited for Infinite Crisis, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. It seems this is farewell to one of the few recent comics that "gets" Superman.
It did kinda remind me of a Fleischer toon since that was what they were going for. Superman even makes a joke about robots.

I don't care for the Infinite Crisis game, so I have no interest in the comic. The Injustice Comic has only gained my interest because of how dumb it sounds and some funny moments I've seen around, but not enough for me to really check it out. The Smallville comic seems ok, but I already planned on checking that out some time in the future. Batman and JL Beyond have been alright too.

"

Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #22
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

I never read AoS but from what I understand DC really wants Infinite Crisis to be a home run and theyve been pushing it really hard. Im guessing that the increased sales of Inustice Year Two have given DC the idea that they can really push the IC game through comics. Plus the artistic direction for the IC game has been given a lot of love from fans so it was kind of a no brainer I suppose.

Personally though, I think IC might be kind of cool. I just finished reading the original Infinite Crisis mini series and I was pretty let down so maybe I just have high hopes that they get a multiverse story right this time.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #23
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This is what that Blood Moon tweet DC posted was all about...

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-...omic-book-day/

"

Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #24
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
This is what that Blood Moon tweet DC posted was all about...

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-...omic-book-day/
It was obviously not related to BvS. I thought it'd be about Damian's return, personally.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #25
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
It did kinda remind me of a Fleischer toon since that was what they were going for. Superman even makes a joke about robots.

I don't care for the Infinite Crisis game, so I have no interest in the comic. The Injustice Comic has only gained my interest because of how dumb it sounds and some funny moments I've seen around, but not enough for me to really check it out. The Smallville comic seems ok, but I already planned on checking that out some time in the future. Batman and JL Beyond have been alright too.
I do enjoy Fleischer and Supes/Robots.

The Smallville comic is decent actually. I didn't expect to like any of it because I didn't like the show, but it was alright. The New 52 Supes has gotten better recently, but there was a long period where I couldn't deal with it. It still doesn't come close to AOS though.

\S/T*
Closed Thread