The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #276
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Why would it would better for the story? One would think the burden falls on Superman if the plot point is that he has to prove to the world that he's harmless and trustworthy.
Im calling it right now, final fight between them will be something along the lines of Superman surrendering to Bats but obviously being physically superior still. Batman will be giving it his all but Superman will just be taking it in stride because he knows that Batman will win morally if he goes on a rampage. Batman will accept it and realize that Superman is not a threat against humanity but rather a threat against those who seek to harm it.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #277
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

This is supposed to be somewhat inspired by The Dark Knight Returns right?
In The Dark Knight Returns, Superman is the president's pawn, and the president asks Superman to take down Batman. Maybe in this film, Wonder Woman (filling Superman's role in TDKR) could be manipulated by Lex Luthor (filling the President's role )and set loose against Batman and Superman.

I'd love to see Nightwing in a role similar to Oliver Queen's in The Dark Knight Returns

Old 04-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #278
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I honestly think Snyder does not give a **** about people's love for characters, if he thinks Batman should lose against Superman, then he will do so. I want them to do that just to shut the "OMFG BATMAN ALWAYS WINS BECAUSE PREPARATION" casuals up.
...have you seen TDKR

Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #279
batmanao23
In Affleck I hope

Sorry to interrupt the fight arguments but was there a message a few pages back about looking out for something this weekend or was that another thread?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #280
Rocketman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Here's how I wrote it happening, just for fun. The situation is not that Superman is a threat, but that his presence is a threat (Luthor is using alien tech to make it appear that Superman is drawing threats to earth, just as he drew Zod to earth).

Batman v. Superman Fight:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The denizens of Gotham's dirty streets look up in surprise as Superman descends. He's a bright contrast with the drab buildings and the misty rain. His eyes scan the buildings, searching. He touches down on the ground. He turns.

There stands Batman, his cape draped over his shoulders, hiding his armor underneath.

BATMAN: I told you to leave Gotham.

SUPERMAN: I'm staying here until I figure out what exactly is going on. Those things - - I don't think they are kryptonian.

BATMAN: Those things killed four of Gotham's citizens when they landed on the freeway looking for you. Your presence here is a threat. Your power is unwanted and unneeded. And if you won't leave, I'll make you.

Superman looks unconvinced.

SUPERMAN: My presence is a threat? What about you? Have you made Gotham a better, a safer place? Or are all those freaks you fight attracted here by your presence?

Batman doesn't answer. Perhaps he doesn't know what to say. He looks beyond Superman, to an old run down movie theatre. Beside it, a dark alleyway.

BATMAN: Darkness isn't alien to Gotham. It was born here.

He draws back his cape, removes an armored plate from his chestpiece, revealing a glowing green piece of kyrptonite embedded in his armor.

Superman staggers back. He feels different. Doesn't understand.

BATMAN: This is a piece of your home. I'm going to use it to keep you out of mine.

Superman makes a desperate charge. The fight is on. But Superman's strength is draining. Batman scores some hits. Supes bleeds.

BATMAN: That's what it feels like to be human.

Superman grabs the metal plate and covers the kryptonite, driving Batman back against the wall. Batman struggles, unable to get free. Superman's strength is returning. Batman presses a few buttons on his belt.

The BATMOBILE roars around a corner and drives straight for them, firing a grappling hook that wraps around Superman. It drags him away, down the street.

Batman recovers, follows.

Superman recovers, sets his feet in the ground. The Batmobile's tires spin. The cable snaps. The car fires a few missiles at Supes, which explode, knocking him backwards. But he rises unharmed.

Then Batman is on him, on his back, arms around his throat. The kryptonite is close. With his last bit of strength Superman takes off, flies away, Batman still on him - - then he loses control, begins spiraling down towards a rooftop. Batman is forced to let go. He uses his cape to glide to safety.

Superman impacts on the roof, falling through several floors. His strength is drained. He needs sunlight. He needs energy. He staggers out a door into an alleyway. Falls to his knees.

There, in the alley, in the rain, are two red roses.

Batman drops from above. Knocks Superman down. Has his hands on his throat.

BATMAN: You're done. Never come back to Gotham. Come back and I'll finish what we started, I swear to you. I want you to remember, Clark. I want to remember the man who beat you. I want you to remember you're not all powerful. I want you to remember - -

Suddenly Superman has his hands on Batman's throat. He lifts Batman off his body, staggers to his feet, eyes filled with defiance. Batman punches him. Supes staggers back, crushing the roses under his feet. Supes opens his mouth as if to speak, but is unable to.

Batman attacks. The result is a fist-fight down crime alley. Batman scores more hits, but Superman's hits, weakened as they are, do more damage. Both are beaten, bloody. With a flying kick, Batman knocks Superman out into the street.

Then Superman unleashes his heat vision - - focused, not full power, but enough to leave Batman's chestplate red hot. Batman staggers back down the alleyway. Retreats.

The exertion was too much. Superman falls unconscious.

Batman removes his chestplate. Has the kryptonite in his hand. He gets to the Batmobile, gets in. Quickly re-suits with a spare suit of armor. Drives the Batmobile around to where Superman fell.

Superman is gone.

Suddenly the Batmobile is being lifted into the air, far into the skies above Gotham. Batman ejects. Glides.

Superman drops the Batmobile down into the Gotham Harbor far below. Batman glides into him, Kryptonite in his fist, beating him. Superman falls, but punches through Batman's glider-cape.

SUPERMAN: I fall, you fall.

Batman doesn't respond. They are continuing to fall. Together.

SUPERMAN: I can save us both. I can save everyone. You have to trust me.

Falling. The wind is too loud for Batman to speak. Superman is weakening, losing consciousness.

Batman throws the kryptonite away. Superman flies them to safety just before impact. Lands at a dockyard. Batman is breathing heavily.

Superman looks through some buildings.

SUPERMAN: The glowing rock is about two hundred yards that way, next to a trash heap.

For the first time, Batman registers real surprise.

SUPERMAN: Maybe you're right about me. Maybe I am a threat. [beat] You're concerned about my power. Sometimes I'm completely afraid of it. Sometimes there's nothing I want more than to be - human. [he wipes the blood from his chin] My father died in front of me. I could have saved him. But I didn't. Because he didn't think I should reveal what I could do - - I because I trusted him. Trust has costs. I've never felt more human than I did in that moment.

Batman says nothing.

SUPERMAN: I'm willing to trust you. Even though I'm pretty sure you are completely crazy.

BATMAN: Just get out of Gotham.

Superman nods, disappointed. He flies away.

Batman stares after him, drenched by rain, deep in thought.
I hope we get all of that because that is PERFECT.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #281
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanao23 View Post
Sorry to interrupt the fight arguments but was there a message a few pages back about looking out for something this weekend or was that another thread?
There some sort of comic con this weekend and Jett from BOF.com seems to think something will happen. Im not getting my hopes up.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #282
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
...have you seen TDKR
I did, but it did nothing to quell the opinion that "Batman can take on Superman."

Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #283
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

Just watched Superman Batman: Apocalypse, HOPEFULLY they could show the bat cape sway ala batman (coz he is!) when he's running (something that is shown in the animated movie when he's running during the battle with many doomsday clones sorry can't find a gif), something the Dark Knight Trilogy lacks IMO. I mean just carry something more from the source itself.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #284
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I hope we get all of that because that is PERFECT.
Thanks! Though looking back on it there are a few things I'd change.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #285
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did, but it did nothing to quell the opinion that "Batman can take on Superman."
It should have done something to quell the opinion that batman is always shown to be prepared. Everything he did in those sewers....essech.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #286
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Wonder how far into the film it'll be before they become mates.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #287
Marvin
Side-Kick

Right around the time they find out each others secret identity.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #288
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Wouldn't that be... instantly? I mean Superman can see through Batman's cowl. And its not like Clark wears a mask.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #289
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Going to be a massive moment in cinema history.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #290
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Going to be a massive moment in cinema history.
Which is why it should be hilariously underplayed!

Superman: fighting is dumb. we should team up.
Batman: yeah thats cool
Superman: superfriends?
Batman: yah bro

Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #291
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Sith View Post
Agree with all of your points, Rocketman...very well put.

Some people just like to Snyder-bash, regardless of what the guy's talking about.
Or they're Marvelites trolling around, agree with Rocketman also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanao23 View Post
Someone make Snyder do this. NOW.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Fixed

Edit: Why would Snyder need to do this?

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by smallville fan; 04-18-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #292
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Which is why it should be hilariously underplayed!

Superman: fighting is dumb. we should team up.
Batman: yeah thats cool
Superman: superfriends?
Batman: yah bro
Haha, that'd work.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #293
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nice.

Hope everyone making the film makes sure they see this. Exactly the level of antagonistic rivalry that I don't mind seeing between the 2. I don't want to see a real Vs as that's too stupid for intelligent and decent guys to get mixed up in. Initial friction and getting in each other's way like this is fine.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:24 AM   #294
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Yup. A quick physical confrontation is the way to go. Altough that World's Finest arc had Batman being a jerk to Superman for no real reason at points.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #295
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wouldn't that be... instantly? I mean Superman can see through Batman's cowl. And its not like Clark wears a mask.
It will be instantly one for one of them I'm sure. However, maybe like snyder hinted they come to blows after the fact.

I for one think a good portion of the "vs" antagonism will happen before the two even meet. When they meet it will surely be out of costume.

They have lot of ways to play this.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:32 AM   #296
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I just don't want "Bat-God", where Batman can seemingly do anything without fail.

Plus, it's ironic that on a technical standpoint, Batman is viewed as the underdog, when I bet a majority of fans and regular individuals would say that they think Batman would win in a fight against Superman.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #297
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I just don't want "Bat-God", where Batman can seemingly do anything without fail.

Plus, it's ironic that on a technical standpoint, Batman is viewed as the underdog, when I bet a majority of fans and regular individuals would say that they think Batman would win in a fight against Superman.
You'd be surprised how mixed the response is to the question of who wins. Alot of folks only know of the non uber bats presented in the films.
Snyder himself gave the typical answer a year back.

As for 'seemingly do anything without fail', he would have a rogues gallery and scarred body if that were remotely true.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:50 AM   #298
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Batman can take on Superman is Snyder and Terrio want to tell that story. These are fictional characters.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #299
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I have nothing against batman being a threat to Superman as long as both are treated with respect and kept in character, which means no Dark Knight Returns type stuff.

\S/T*
Old 04-18-2014, 02:27 AM   #300
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I have nothing against batman being a threat to Superman as long as both are treated with respect and kept in character, which means no Dark Knight Returns type stuff.
This.

Die Mannschaft 2014 + Bayern München #31 + Barcelona #10

Closed Thread