The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #351
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN O STEEL View Post
I personally hate it when hardcore Batman fans and even the occasional General movie fan will say that Batman wins because he uses his brain and Superman is just a big brute. Since when did Superman not use his brain also?. Is he not from a race of being's far more advanced and intelligent than us?.
True, but even the most intelligent being, if he's so much stronger that anybody else on the planet, can come to rely too much on his power to get things done. Even intelligence can atrophy if it's not used.

*splat*
Old 04-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #352
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

I was always under the impression Superman's intelligence is a bit stunned due to spending his whole life in a human environment. By "stunned", I mean relative to the Kryptonian species, not the human species. It would be the equivalent of dropping a baby in the jungle where he grows up his whole life, only to encounter human civilization in his 20's. Chances are that guy won't be the next Stephen Hawking.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #353
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I was always under the impression Superman's intelligence is a bit stunned due to spending his whole life in a human environment. By "stunned", I mean relative to the Kryptonian species, not the human species. It would be the equivalent of dropping a baby in the jungle where he grows up his whole life, only to encounter human civilization in his 20's. Chances are that guy won't be the next Stephen Hawking.
Yeah that's the same way i look at it as well.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #354
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
But then establishing how more advanced Kryptonians are, Clark would be considered one of the smartest humans, in the same way Tarzan would be considered the smartest gorrilla/chimpanzee.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #355
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Depending on which version of the character you're dealing with, Superman may be a genius or just average.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #356
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

I like his intelligence to be slightly above average, but I don't think he should be as smart as Bats or the other members of the league whose roles in the league are in no small way defined by their intelligence. I wouldn't mind if his powers gave him a less powerful version of Flash's enhanced mind, not necessarily smarter, but capable of thinking faster than is normally possible, but full on super-intelligence was always a power that I felt pushed things way over the edge with Supes.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #357
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
But then establishing how more advanced Kryptonians are, Clark would be considered one of the smartest humans, in the same way Tarzan would be considered the smartest gorrilla/chimpanzee.
That's a really good point.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #358
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I would prefer Superman not be nerfed or altered to make the rest of the JL look good. People says things like "insecure superman fans don't want other heroes in the movie!" Well, there's a reason. If a hero needs to take a hit to make the others look good, it's going to be superman....every time. It's like people want to see him beat up and humiliated. People think it's "cool" to see batman or WW beating on him. I don't think so at all. Yay for them! Beating on an alien that just wants to help. That's why I wanted a solo supes movie. I wanted to see him shine instead of being used to prop up others.

\S/T*
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #359
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even with the slight nerf in intellect in relation to Kryptonians, Clark is usually portrayed as a genius in the comics. It's also implied in Man of Steel too considering he's reading Plato at a high school level, and apparently won the science fair with Pa Kent. I think he's at least above average in intellect.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #360
Boom
I got nothin'

Just read the new Snyder interview.

That about does it. Barring any miraculous spy photos, we're not seeing these suits til Comic Con.

I'm very angry .

Old 04-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #361
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ When is Comic con?

What did he say? I don't remember this interview.

\S/T*
Old 04-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #362
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
^ When is Comic con?

What did he say? I don't remember this interview.
Well Hughes pointed out that they might want to get official pictures out there before grainy spy photos started showing up, but Snyder said that the schedule is worked out in such a way that that wouldn't be a problem.

If they don't have to worry about spy photos, then they can literally release these pictures whenever they want. Comic Con (end of July) is a likely bet.

So hooray for three more agonizing months !

Old 04-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #363
batmanao23
In Affleck I hope

Old 04-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #364
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Well Hughes pointed out that they might want to get official pictures out there before grainy spy photos started showing up, but Snyder said that the schedule is worked out in such a way that that wouldn't be a problem.

If they don't have to worry about spy photos, then they can literally release these pictures whenever they want. Comic Con (end of July) is a likely bet.

So hooray for three more agonizing months !
mother****er.

\S/T*
Old 04-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #365
batmanao23
In Affleck I hope

I cant take it anymore. Anyone up for a visit to Mr. Snyder's office?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #366
Raven X
Sting!!!

Quote:
I would prefer Superman not be nerfed or altered to make the rest of the JL look good. People says things like "insecure superman fans don't want other heroes in the movie!" Well, there's a reason. If a hero needs to take a hit to make the others look good, it's going to be superman....every time. It's like people want to see him beat up and humiliated. People think it's "cool" to see batman or WW beating on him. I don't think so at all. Yay for them! Beating on an alien that just wants to help. That's why I wanted a solo supes movie. I wanted to see him shine instead of being used to prop up others.
same here.

Disney Lover!!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #367
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
same here.
Someday when the team-up movie fad is over...maybe we'll get a lovely solo supes trilogy in which he doesn't have to be dumber or weaker for the sake of the team.

\S/T*
Old 04-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #368
Raven X
Sting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanao23 View Post
I cant take it anymore. Anyone up for a visit to Mr. Snyder's office?
better get our batsuits ready and start brushing up on our ninja skills.

Disney Lover!!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #369
Raven X
Sting!!!

Quote:
Someday when the team-up movie fad is over...maybe we'll get a lovely solo supes trilogy in which he doesn't have to be dumber or weaker for the sake of the team.
yep.

and a new solo Bat trilogy featuring a younger Batman in his prime, who DOESN'T run away for 8 years and become a recluse.

or else a Bat trilogy based on the Arkham games.

oh, and while they're at it, a Teen Titans movie so I can see Raven on the big screen.

Disney Lover!!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #370
batmanao23
In Affleck I hope

Dibs on this suit.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #371
bluerayer
The Conqueror

Bat-Zombie?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=270244
Old 04-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #372
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven X View Post
yep.

and a new solo Bat trilogy featuring a younger Batman in his prime, who DOESN'T run away for 8 years and become a recluse.

or else a Bat trilogy based on the Arkham games.

oh, and while they're at it, a Teen Titans movie so I can see Raven on the big screen.
That would be nice. Hopefully we all aren't senile before this happens.

\S/T*
Old 04-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #373
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Some writers can't write the Justice League, some can. Hopefully they'll be looking more toward Morrison/Waid for inspiration over others.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #374
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Probably depends pm when the first photos are going to take place with the actors in suits where they can have spy photos taken of them. Basically like MOS with the early stuff in Smallville.
You're probably more privy to this than I am, but I imagine they wouldn't do three months of studio shooting right out the gate, right?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #375
Raven X
Sting!!!

Quote:
That would be nice. Hopefully we all aren't senile before this happens.
I'm already starting to forget things...........

Disney Lover!!
Closed Thread