The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #151
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
It's baffling to me how, based on this interview, you can come up with the conclusion that WB is disorganized, or don't know what they are doing, or are looking for a money grab.

This article says basically nothing yet somehow WBs sucks
some people have hated WB for so long they don't know how not to

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #152
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
I don't like that title at all. It should be World's Finest, but if they need to stick with the versus theme then Supes should get top billing.
The title should give a glimpse at what the film is about. Batman vs Superman does this.
Batman being first means that Batman is the aggressor. Which fits an idea I have that Lex coaxes Batman into going after Superman.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #153
RectusErectus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I'm reading the interview now and this guy is totally sucking Snyder's dick, it's kind of hilarious.

Interesting comments on Superman, Watchmen, and Sucker Punch. Turns out that there's an ultimate version of Watchmen in the works, so I won't be buying the director's cut ... typical Zack Snyder lol. The journalist refers to feminist praise of Sucker Punch, and these great articles, and Snyder says, "send me the articles", I'd like to read them too.
That's been out for a while. It's just the Director's Cut with Tales of the Black Freighter spliced in

Old 04-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #154
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's baffling to me how, based on this interview, you can come up with the conclusion that WB is disorganized, or don't know what they are doing, or are looking for a money grab.

I don't find it so odd or new. These ideas have been pushed around the internet for a good while now that's it's becoming difficult for some people to see anything else.

Grace Randolph and her ilk don't do anything to slow this.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #155
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Re-reading this interview and having a chat on Twitter with someone who just learned that Affleck has only signed a two picture deal for WB, I think I can safely say that Snyder will end his trilogy with a Justice League film.

Snyder's trilogy is the launch point of the DCU.

Man of Steel
Superman vs. Batman
Justice League

Everything springs forward after that in some form or fashion. Either way, I think Snyder's trilogy will be WB's Bible of sorts and the filmmakers after that will have to do the real work to expand it in the way that Marvel Studios has.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #156
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
looks like we have to break into his office
"Im getting too old for this ****...!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #157
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I would prefer Superman vs Batman.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #158
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Re-reading this interview and having a chat on Twitter with someone who just learned that Affleck has only signed a two picture deal for WB, I think I can safely say that Snyder will end his trilogy with a Justice League film.

Snyder's trilogy is the launch point of the DCU.

Man of Steel
Superman vs. Batman
Justice League
I think that you're right. Launching off of an epic trilogy is not a bad way to go at all. It gives them options in the future. They can leave it as one epic trilogy (LotR, TDK, Matrix, etc) or continue pushing for more.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #159
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I think that you're right. Launching off of an epic trilogy is not a bad way to go at all. It gives them options in the future. They can leave it as one epic trilogy (LotR, TDK, Matrix, etc) or continue pushing for more.
Agreed. The only hiccup is if they decide to do a Wonder Woman solo film before the Justice League film.

Either way, this is Snyder's trilogy. It launches the DCU.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #160
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Batman vs Superman, guest starring Wonder Woman.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #161
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Jett says "Batman vs. Superman" will end up being the official title...
https://twitter.com/BATMANONFILM/sta...89316852957185

And how would this clown know? .

Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #162
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Affleck only in 2 picture deal? Source?

Does that mean he won't do batman reboot solo films?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #163
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post

Source is someone I know works in the industry/covers it at varies places. He's legit.

As for solo films, no idea. He could renegotiate after he does is two pictures. Still, have no idea. Maybe not. Who knows.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #164
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post

doubtful...considering even Gal got a three pic contract...I don't see WB investing in someone to be the new Batman who is only going to be in two movies.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #165
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Quote:
based on....
I guess my hopes are so high that they have this all mapped out and are so much farther ahead than we all think. But with each passing interview, it seems that's further from the truth and there's a bit of winging it going on.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #166
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
doubtful...considering even Gal got a three pic contract...I don't see WB investing in someone to be the new Batman who is only going to be in two movies.
I would agree if it was someone other than Affleck. Affleck's important to the studio. To keep him happy with the other projects he REALLY wants to do, it doesn't shock me that he's only doing two pictures right now.

Plus, let's say my theory about Snyder's trilogy being the launch point of the DCU is correct, I think it kind of makes sense to do solo films of Wonder Woman, Flash, and others after Snyder's trilogy is over and not Batman.

We've had a lot of Batman over at WB (between Nolan's trilogy and the animated films and video games).

Old 04-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #167
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Quote:
But he's a semi-retired batman when we first meet him apparently.

Perhaps the recast for a new batman down the line.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #168
roach
I am the night

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...aid-yes-613658

Sources say that Affleck has been signed for multiple movies, should sequels continue to proliferate.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #169
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
I guess my hopes are so high that they have this all mapped out and are so much farther ahead than we all think. But with each passing interview, it seems that's further from the truth and there's a bit of winging it going on.
WB's mantra has always been focus on this film.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #170
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
But he's a semi-retired batman when we first meet him apparently.

Perhaps the recast for a new batman down the line.
if this rumor is true

Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #171
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
I would agree if it was someone other than Affleck. Affleck's important to the studio. To keep him happy with the other projects he REALLY wants to do, it doesn't shock me that he's only doing two pictures right now.

Plus, let's say my theory about Snyder's trilogy being the launch point of the DCU is correct, I think it kind of makes sense to do solo films of Wonder Woman, Flash, and others after Snyder's trilogy is over and not Batman.

We've had a lot of Batman over at WB (between Nolan's trilogy and the animated films and video games).
it makes sense to do solo films of WW, Flash and others including Batman

Old 04-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #172
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:
it makes sense to do solo films of WW, Flash and others including Batman
Eventually, yes. And thinking about Gal Gadot's contract, it was always labeled "Superman vs. Batman, Justice League, THEN Wonder Woman."

So, yeah, I see the solo films coming afterwards.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #173
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:

This has been established for a while.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #174
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...aid-yes-613658

Sources say that Affleck has been signed for multiple movies, should sequels continue to proliferate.
Yes!!!

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #175
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

I've officially lost faith in Snyder. My God. I am so upset. After watching Captain America 2 and really having enjoyed it, it makes me wish we could just get Superman's own sequel. Reading this news however, the reasonwhy they decided to have Batman in the movie, I don't understand. I thought .onths ago Synder said he had no choice but to go with what Warner Bros thought was best, for Synder had no plans to make the sequel a Batman-Superman movie whatsoever.

After 9 months, I have been trying to be positive and get over the fact that we aren't getting a Superman standalone sequel before Batman-Superman and Justice League, but now I just can't especially after hearing this.

What I want to know is if Synder is a bigger fan of Batman than Superman, because so far he has given me that impression. After all this time, I thought this was because of Warner Brothers. but maybe it isn't. I am very disapointed.

Closed Thread