The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
roach
I am the night

Default Roach's Rambling Rumor Roundup Thread

Since the day Batman v Superman was announced fans and rumor mongers theorized and dreamed about what was going to happen in this movie. Sometimes fan theory gets turned into fan 'fact'. More than likely certain individuals like to 'troll' the fandom with made up 'scoops'.

The purpose of this thread is to sort through the noise and find out what's true and what's not. What I will be using to sift through the noise is actual quotes from parties involved and the internet.

Let's begin:

Rumor: Batman is semi-retired.
Source: On Nov 15th 2013 Daniel Alter tweeted: "Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the bat cave."

Investigation: Many people took this to be the truth since Daniel Alter is a producer. Alter's has produced Hitman and The Apparation. Based on Alter's filmography it doesn't seem like he'd be in the know on this movie...a movie that seems to be keeping those who don't need to know...not knowing. Another thing to keep in mind is why would someone with good standing at WB spoil their big movie?

Counter: The tired and wearily description for the Dark Knight comes from WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ra-were-628403
Tsujihara also called Ben Affleck ďperfectĒ for the next Batman, who he said will be ďtired, and kind of weary and seasoned" in an untitled sequel to Zack Snyder's Man of Steel that will feature both Batman and Superman.

If this Batman was semi retired then wouldn't that or another adjective been used. Does 'tired, and kind of weary and seasoned' sound like someone that's semi retired?

Conclusion:
I very much doubt that Batman is semi retired in this film. Nothing backs it up and I doubt that people who actually know what this movie is about are gonna tease it on Twitter...but I could be wrong.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Default Re: Roach's Rambling Rumor Roundup Thread

Just link everything elmaybe has ever said.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
roach
I am the night

Rumor: WB wanted Christian Bale to return as Batman in this movie.
Source: The internet

Investigation: The Dark Knight trilogy will go down as one of the top comic book trilogies of all time. It comes as no surprise that fans would want Christian Bale to return as Bruce Wayne/Batman. However at no time was Bale ever thought about to return as Batman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...aid-yes-613658

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the process began earlier this year, after director Zack Snyder had finished working on Man of Steel with producer Christopher Nolan. Snyder and the studio already had ideas for a follow-up, and Snyder reached out to Affleck to check the star's interest.

This jives with comments that Snyder made in an interview with Forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...n-vs-superman/
ZS: I gotta be honest, it definitely was a thing thatÖ after Man of Steel finished and we started talking about what would be in the next movie, I started subtly mentioning that it would be cool if he faced Batman. In the first meeting, it was like, ďMaybe Batman?Ē

Going back to the Hollywood Reporter report:

Multiple sources say the studio approached other actors as well, including Josh Brolin. Ryan Gosling was also a possibility, but the actor dislikes the idea of sequels.

In an interview with Totalfilm Josh Brolin talks about why he turned down the role.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/josh-b...an-vs-superman
ďMe and Zack had a conversation about it,Ē says Brolin, ďand there were several reasons why we said it wasnít the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his.Ē

Conclusion: Bale was never in contention for the role. It came down to Brolin and Affleck. Brolin said no and Affleck said yes.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 07-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
lol

Old 07-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
roach
I am the night

Rumor: Batman V Superman is Zack Snyder doing The Dark Knight Returns.
Source: The internet...

Investigation: Ever since Zack Snyder used a line from The Dark Knight Returns fans seem to think that this movie will be his take on the popular graphic novel. He even mentions it at Comic con right before the announcement.
I could go on and on about how this will not be The Dark Knight Returns but Zack is much better at it.
Start at 2:40
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Conclusion: It's not The Dark Knight Returns

Old 07-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
shauner111
Side-Kick

I believe it was Jett who started the rumor about Batman being semi-retired. Either that or he was the second one, stating that he also heard that from his sources.

I dont care, i still believe Elmayimbe about them approaching Bale. Jett and the Hughes from Forbes also said the same thing around that time. And Hughes has different sources to Elmayimbe and Jett. They even said they were thinking about bringing Bale back as a different batman all together.

If anybody thinks they didnt offer Bale million upon millions of dollars at some point after Rises, then they're crazy. Even this storyline sounds like it was written for Bale.

I think what they did was offer Affleck the chance to direct and star in Justice League (late 2012/early 2013) based on the old script from the Gangster Squad dude. He turned it down cuz it sucked. WB canceled it. They then moved forward with a MOS sequel (aka BvS) with Bale in mind. Offered him the world. He declined and so did Nolan. So they tried with Gosling as a Batman that would be Supermans age. Which would be around the time Goyer was saying that Bruce would be young in a MOS sequel and not yet a masked vigilante on the streets yet. Ryan declines because he hates playing blockbusters and sequels. So they asked Brolin with the older Batman in mind (the Bale one). He said no but Affleck liked the concept. They then decided to go with that older Batman idea, signing Affleck to multiple films.

That's how i see it.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Jamie Alexander as WW rumor.

Campea and Jamie herself hinted at it, but only three other actresses were actually confirmed to have read for the part. It is very obvious Zack was going to go with a foreign actress from the beginning.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Jamie Alexander as WW rumor.

Campea and Jamie herself hinted at it, but only three other actresses were actually confirmed to have read for the part. It is very obvious Zack was going to go with a foreign actress from the beginning.
She may have talked to them about the role but several legitimate news sources say the top three choices were Gal, Olga and Elodie.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #9
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
She may have talked to them about the role but several legitimate news sources say the top three choices were Gal, Olga and Elodie.
Nah, she mentioned she had friends at DC who told her some of the plot. Campea took that and ran with it. I can't blame her for lobbying for it though.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

What about Hispanic Flash?

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
WBwins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I would love that.

WBwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #12
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Nah, she mentioned she had friends at DC who told her some of the plot. Campea took that and ran with it. I can't blame her for lobbying for it though.
time to do some research

Old 07-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
time to do some research
It all started when she said she knew the plot:

Alexander explained carefully,ďBeing in the comic book world, we know a lot of the same people at DC and Marvel, so we hear a lot of things, but itís all speculation right now. But I would absolutely love that [Wonder Woman appearing in one of the upcoming films].

Old 07-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #14
roach
I am the night

Rumor: Jaime Alexander was up for Wonder Woman
Source: Jaime Alexander...kind of

Investigation: November 4th, 2013, While promoting Thor: The Dark World at Comikaze Jaime Alexander said this:"I'm a huge fan of Wonder Woman. I really think if this is the closest that we're ever going to get to Wonder Woman, then I'm proud to play Sif. I hope that other comic book entities can learn a lesson from Marvel in how to execute a female character the way it should be done....I really would like to one day see a Wonder Woman film or Wonder Woman character, but until it's done with class, I'd rather it not be done. I would love for DC to put Wonder Woman in one of their upcoming flicks, either in her own movie or Batman Vs. Superman, or just something even to introduce her. Being in the comic book world, we know a lot of the same people at DC and Marvel, so we hear a lot of things, but it's all speculation right now. But I would absolutely love that [Wonder Woman appearing in one of the upcoming films]. Thankfully and gratefully, I'm appreciative to the people who ask my opinion of the character, and that's been pretty amazing."

Nothing really in there about her playing the character.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...-dc-movie-role

So Jaime had conversations with WB about BvS and knows what the movie is about.
but
Alexander continued, "Being in the comic book world, we know a lot of the same people at DC and Marvel, so we hear a lot of things, but it's all speculation right now. But I would absolutely love that, [Wonder Woman appearing in one of the upcoming films]. Thankfully and gratefully, I'm appreciative to the people who ask my opinion of the character, and that's been pretty amazing."

If she knew about the movie wouldn't she know that Wonder Woman is/was in it?

Conclusion: Who cares? We got Gal Gadot.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Conclusion: Bale was never in contention for the role. It came down to Brolin and Affleck. Brolin said no and Affleck said yes.
Said no or was told no?

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #16
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Rumor: Nolan will Godfather the entire DC line up
Source:Elmaybe

Rumor: Ben Affleck would quit/hurt his leg

Oh lawd.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #17
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
There's nothing really to debunk this with as no one's really talking Justice League or Flash.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Said no or was told no?
Brolin: ďMe and Zack had a conversation about it,Ē says Brolin, ďand there were several reasons why we said it wasnít the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his.Ē

Sounds like a mutual no on both sides.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #19
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

I think Bale and Alexander were approached for the roles. Both rumors make a ton of sense, Bale was an incredibly successful Batman and one of the biggest actors in Hollywood right now, of course it makes sense that they would want him back and Alexander is a great fit as Wonder Woman for several reasons. Bale was just done, he wants to do other movies, he's in too high of demand to be Batman forever and he obviously enjoys doing different/challenging roles. Alexander's situation probably had alot to do with her Marvel contract. Personally, I would be ALOT more excited about this movie if it were Bale/Alexander/Cavill, not that I have a problem with Affleck/Gadot, I don't have a problem with them but Bale/Alexander/Cavill would have been epic IMO.

I just recently watched The Place Behind the Pines for the first time a couple nights ago and after seeing that I'm glad Gosling won't be a part of this franchise. It reminded me why I've never been a big fan. Only movie I've ever liked him in was Drive, a role he really didn't talk much in, probably why I liked it, lol. Even if he would have been a part of it, Batman is not the right role for him, at all.

Last edited by DOBSON10; 07-01-2014 at 05:21 PM.
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #20
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I appreciate what you're trying to do. Not always easy separating fact and fiction.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #21
roach
I am the night

Supplemental: Apparently the 'WB wants Christian Bale back' rumor was started by the Sun. The Sun reported that WB offered him $60 Million to return.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #22
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I appreciate what you're trying to do. Not always easy separating fact and fiction.
yeah it's not easy

Old 07-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #23
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Here's an old rumor that originated with BoF's Jett, going back to August 1, 2013:

"According to several (more than 1, less than 10 *wink*) unrelated BOF sources, the new Batman that will appear in the MAN OF STEEL sequel, will be older. Like mid-40s older.

That tells me that weíre definitely not getting a rookie Batman Ė this new Batman will be a grizzled veteran who has been on the job, if you will, for several years.

So who is going to play the new Batman/Bruce Wayne? I will not confirm or deny whether or not Iíve heard any names, but I will say that fans should start thinking about dudes who are a very good actors and are in their 40s, likeÖ

Josh Duhamel, Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Jim Caviezel, etc."

Shortly after this announcement, Affleck was cast in the role. About a month later, WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara described the latest incarnation of Batman as "tired, and kind of weary and seasoned".

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #24
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Supplemental: Apparently the 'WB wants Christian Bale back' rumor was started by the Sun. The Sun reported that WB offered him $60 Million to return.
How anyone believed that is beyond me. 60 million f ing dollars?

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
Alfreds401k
Banned User

Quote:
What's up bro? haven't seen you in a while

Alfreds401k is offline   Reply With Quote