The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 04-24-2014, 04:57 AM   #26
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: What do you want from future Batman movies?

I don't want next director trying to make what Nolan did. He should have his own ideas on Gotham, Batman and villains.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #27
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I feel Bad for Bat-boards.... since Affleck probably would not be interested in solo Batman movies....just the team-up movies.

It will be quite some time before we get a solo Batman movie again, maybe it will be a reboot, so let's prepare to wait for another 6-7 years.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #28
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Lol at not getting solo Batman films for 6-7 years.

This is Warner Bros after all.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #29
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
I want to get a sense of the scope of Batman's legacy. The feeling that he's been doing this for years and has thousands of enemies locked up in Arkham. That way, we could have a storyline like Knightfall and have it have an actual impact. I'm tired of Batman's villians having to be established one film at a time.
Me too. It would be nice if he has met every villain or at least 90 percent of them by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
We almost didn't see the realistic side of Batman villains: the Joker, Scarecrow, League of Shadows and a bit of Two Faces, but there's still plenty of characters to receive that treatment (Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, a Bane well done...), so I don't think it's time yet to come back to the damn fantastic side of Batman.
Now that i think of it, i dont see them tackling the monsters or Freeze in this universe. The next universe will probably be a more haunting, serious version of the Burton films. At least in terms of the fantasy elements. They should actually save Freeze for a Batman Beyond movie. That would fit nicely.

But i agree that we should get grounded versions of Riddler, Penguin, Strange, Black Mask and Ivy.

Im done with Bane. Hardy was good enough for me, and i dont see WB tackling him for multiple decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I feel Bad for Bat-boards.... since Affleck probably would not be interested in solo Batman movies....just the team-up movies.

It will be quite some time before we get a solo Batman movie again, maybe it will be a reboot, so let's prepare to wait for another 6-7 years.
I disagree with this. It's possible that he'll pass on it, but im almost positive that Affleck will direct and star in just 1 solo movie. Probably between Batman vs Superman and Justice League. If not that, then it'll be right after the Justice League and probably the last thing he does. But im counting on a solo movie in between the 2 team-ups.

We're 2014 so i say we get a Batfleck solo in 2018 with a JLA in 2019. If it's the other way around, we'll have Justice League going up against Avengers 3 in 2018 with a Batman movie a year or two later. We may have to wait six years for it, but it'll be with Ben Affleck.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #30
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

Yeah, we should talk more about that elephant in the bat-cave...

Maybe there should be a thread about the possibility that there wont be any Affleck solo Batman movies?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #31
shauner111
Side-Kick

That would suck. It would be a wasted opportunity. I dont think WB would do that unless they have plans to do prequels to the Batfleck, with a different actor. Showing how he used to be with Robin in his prime. Before Superman ever made his presence felt.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #32
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

I agree, it would suck. Im actually really looking forward to Affleck as Batman and i really hope they get, at least, a solo bat-film out from him.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #33
shauner111
Side-Kick

It'd be like "here we have a batman with all this history, all these villains he's interacted with. He knows them all now. The relationships he has with them is really an interesting thing now that he's older. Who he tolerates for information, who he considers to be his arch nemesis...but guess what? We're not showing you ANY OF THAT! Meh, we'll just reboot again!"

Know what i mean? A total waste. They need at least 1 movie. Id be content with that. I wouldn't even mind if they announced soon after, that they're taking several years off from batman. That 1 movie with the seasoned batman + the team-ups would be worth it.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #34
The Endless
WE are Groot

I want to see a Batman that is actually bad ass.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #35
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It'd be like "here we have a batman with all this history, all these villains he's interacted with. He knows them all now. The relationships he has with them is really an interesting thing now that he's older. Who he tolerates for information, who he considers to be his arch nemesis...but guess what? We're not showing you ANY OF THAT! Meh, we'll just reboot again!"

Know what i mean? A total waste. They need at least 1 movie. Id be content with that. I wouldn't even mind if they announced soon after, that they're taking several years off from batman. That 1 movie with the seasoned batman + the team-ups would be worth it.
Totally, it would be a total waste and i think 1 movie would be enough.(Although i'd like more)

Old 04-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #36
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I want to see a Batman that is actually bad ass.
As far as im concerned, we've seen that about 5 times already. Batman being a badass on film, is almost a given.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #37
Predator
Banned User

Quote:
As far as im concerned, we've seen that about 5 times already. Batman being a badass on film, is almost a given.
You know, for some people we have yet to see the real Batman on screen.

Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #38
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
I donīt care for anything "fantastical" in the Batman universe. I like the idea of a human hero dealing with human threats.
You should really see a doctor about that lack of imagination.

Just teasing, btw, nothing personal.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #39
Predator
Banned User

Quote:
You should really see a doctor about that lack of imagination.

Just teasing, btw, nothing personal.
Yeah. You really need a big imagination to come up with mutated freaks, robots and aliens. Thatīs all we see in SH movies and cartoons. Iīd say coming up with something different would be more of a creative challenge.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #40
EssayM
Just A Guy

I think guys like Riddler and Penguin are fairly realistic already, so I don't really see the need to "Nolanize" them. Even villains like Freeze and Ivy are more science-gone-awry than anything overly. The most fantastical Batvillain, IMO, is Ra'as Al Ghul (the Lazarus pits and all that), and Nolan already took care of him.

I think what people mean by "fantastical" is the more colorful and stylized side of Batman. After all, part of his appeal has usually been how distinctive and absurd his enemies are. Why make a Batman movie if you're going to hold that back?

Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #41
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I get that for sure. But to say that you wanna see a Batman who is finally a badass or whatever. That's just a little weird. He's a badass in Burton's movies and Nolan's. If it's a question of wanting a Batman who is completely untouchable then i personally dont think that has anything to do with being a badass, that's just making him more superhuman than he is. Batman should always have moments where he gets injured or taken down, so he can overcome that and kick some ass later on. That's a true badass. And that's just batman to me. We'll get it with Affleck but we've had it many times before too.

Quote:
Yeah. You really need a big imagination to come up with mutated freaks, robots and aliens. Thatīs all we see in SH movies and cartoons. Iīd say coming up with something different would be more of a creative challenge.
I have to agree with you. I saw Amazing Spider-Man 2 the other day, and im officially sick and tired of the robots, mutated freaks, etc in the solo movies. It has to work for Spider-Man because that's the bulk of his rogues gallery but seeing how they use modern technology to create these villains...i dont want to see it in Batman. It's in every fantasy movie, a lot of other comic book movies. Even Justice League will probably have aliens, etc. Do something else with batman please. There's still a ton of villains that are realistic enough that haven't been used yet. They need their due before we start showing Croc as a dumbed-down Lizard.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #42
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
I guess, but I could just as easily say "Yeah, you need a big imagination to come up with terrorists and serial killers." The best of Batman's rogue gallery don't fit neatly into a "category", they're just random criminals, each with their own unique look and style.

Put it this way: Could you come up with characters like Joker or Freeze?

Also, [NITPICK] which Batman villains are robots and/or aliens? I'm pretty sure most of the RG are human beings from Earth.[/NITPICK]

Old 04-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #43
Predator
Banned User

It depends. I never liked that part of Batman. To me the main appeal of the character is that he can be portrayed in a more grounded way. I really donīt see the appeal in a human beating up monsters. Donīt like it. Takes away from the interesting fact that he is simply a human. I like the idea of a Superhero who operates in a world similar to ours. But iīm just the minority.

I have no problem with The Riddler and The Penguin. I just donīt care for mixing supernatural stuff with the universe of Batman. It comes to a point where the fact of Batman being a human isnīt well played at all. You might as well just give him powers, since he can survive everything and beat super powered villains. It just sounds ultra silly to me.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #44
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah. I never liked it until i saw Freeze in the animated series. I still dont care that much about Clayface, even the Paul Dini version that everybody goes apes**t over. It doesn't do it for me.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #45
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
It depends. I never liked that part of Batman. To me the main appeal of the character is that he can be portrayed in a more grounded way. I really donīt see the appeal in a human beating up monsters. Donīt like it. Takes away from the interesting fact that he is simply a human. I like the idea of a Superhero who operates in a world similar to ours. But iīm just the minority.

I have no problem with The Riddler and The Penguin. I just donīt care for mixing supernatural stuff with the universe of Batman. It comes to a point where the fact of Batman being a human isnīt well played at all. You might as well just give him powers, since he can survive everything and beat super powered villains. It just sounds ultra silly to me.
Like I said, I don't see the majority of the Rogue's Gallery as being "supernatural", at least in the sense of having magic or aliens. Most of them are either disfigured crime bosses or scientists trapped in their own experiments. That doesn't sound very far-fetched to me.

I wouldn't characterize them as a bunch of generic monsters either. For one, they definitely all have their own unique personalities; Penguin is almost the polar opposite of Joker in that regard. For another, are you honestly telling me that you could watch a true-to-comics Freeze or Ivy in a live-action film, and afterwards you would say, "Yeah, I've seen that before."

I also don't think a more colorful portrayal necessarily has to make Batman inhuman. How many times has he won a battle using only his own intellect and ingenuity? How many times do we see Alfred tending to his wounds in the Batcave, or see Bruce mourning the loss of his family? That's another part of his appeal (which, to be fair, you sort of acknowledged): That he's an ordinary man taking on such bizarre and surreal enemies, and yet he almost never panics or freaks out.

In Batman's case, I don't think "realism" has to mean "sucking out all the color and fun". Even Nolan's films didn't do that.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #46
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
Yeah. I never liked it until i saw Freeze in the animated series. I still dont care that much about Clayface, even the Paul Dini version that everybody goes apes**t over. It doesn't do it for me.
Yeah, Clayface is kind of a free-for-all character. As long as he's a shape-shifting pile of mud, you can pretty much do whatever you want with him and no one will care. He's one of the less clearly defined Bat-villains.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #47
Predator
Banned User

Quote:
I also don't think a more colorful portrayal necessarily has to make Batman inhuman. How many times has he won a battle using only his own intellect and ingenuity? How many times do we see Alfred tending to his wounds in the Batcave, or see Bruce mourning the loss of his family? That's another part of his appeal (which, to be fair, you sort of acknowledged): That he's an ordinary man taking on such bizarre and surreal enemies, and yet he almost never panics or freaks out.
Some enemies do offer him challenges that seem beyond his capabilities. I can accept the idea of him having amazing physical and intelectual abilities for a human being. And i repeat: For a human being. But when i see him surviving being thrown around by superhuman villains and actually being able to beat them, i think we can no longer call him human. He is showing the same kind of invulnerability that we see in other heroes who have powers.

I think beating up real life gangsters on a daily basis and surviving mob attacks is already too far-fetched for a human being. You add aliens, robots and mutants to the equation and weīre no longer dealing with a human.

Quote:
In Batman's case, I don't think "realism" has to mean "sucking out all the color and fun". Even Nolan's films didn't do that.
I can see plenty of fun in a Batman who doesnīt have to deal with Clayface, Man-Bat, Robots and Aliens. But hey, thatīs me. "Fun" is subjective.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #48
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

Quote:
I'm in this boat, for sure.

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Chip Chipperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #49
Predator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
I'm in this boat, for sure.
Except there is no real Batman. Itīs a fictional character whose characteristics change at the will of the writer.

My favorite Batman story doesnīt even have Bruce Wayne. Batman Year 100.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #50
Oswald
Side-Kick

In Batman's rogue gallery you can almost interpret them all in realistic and grounded way, except Clayface, Man-Bat, Solomon Grundy and perhaps other I forget. It just depends of the talent and intelligence of the writter (comic or film).

Last edited by Oswald; 04-24-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: hh
Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote