The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #251
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #252
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Don't start with that crap again. I'm really sick of the Marvel vs. other studios pissing contests that constantly pop up. It's irrelevant to this movie, so there's not reason to bring it up. BTW, I thought that both of Marvel's 2013 movies were weaker than their competition. MOS and TW>IM 3 and TDW.
If you don't want to deal with it, you can always just ignore the parts of the conversation you don't want to read. No need to be rude about it.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 04-23-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #253
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
@MarkRuffalo
@RobertDowneyJr Science Bros, selfie? @Marvel
The bromance between RDJ and Ruffalo in these movies is the greatest thing to ever happen. And to think, four years ago people were *****ing about the latter's casting .

I am happy to say that I called this from the start.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...hlight=ruffalo

Last edited by Boom; 04-24-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #254
hafizbat
Side-Kick

One of the most exciting things about Age of Ultron is watching the Avengers grow closer. In the first, they were strangers, alien to each other. I can't wait to see them progress into the tight-knit family they're destined to become. The Tony/Bruce bromance is awesome! I hope Cap and Thor can also find chemistry (both experienced warriors, strangers to the modern world, same ideals of honor, etc etc). While in the comics Tony and Steve are very close, in the MCU Tony/Bruce and Steve/Thor makes a lot of sense.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #255
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Seeing them come together and go so far as to have their own logo is going to be amazing. I know a lot of people have said things about why so and so doesn't show up in another so and so's movie and before now it was easy to right off. Mostly because they make the time line pretty quick in each of their movies but I think that after A:AoU they are really going to need to have throw away lines as to why the main Avengers don't call on each other. Obviously they can write off Thor for being in Asgard whenever they need to but the others are going to be harder to do. I doubt they will have communicators in the MCU like the 616 but even without them with today's technology they will need to be able to give some clue as to why the others aren't there. I'm hoping in the future they will have maybe a quick phone call or line as to why they wont be there but it looks like after this one they are really going to need to address this issue if they want us to believe that it is a truly connected universe

Old 04-24-2014, 02:08 AM   #256
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

http://grantland.com/features/grantl...ovies-edition/

funny little Grantland article of the "summer movie dictionary" felt like posting it here for a little laugh as it has some Marvel (MCU and Xmen) "definitions" that made me chuckle. They had another article on summer movies the other day I remember enjoying too but I can't remember what it was anymore haha. Great site to check out if you enjoy well written articles on various sports and pop culture topics.

ah, the article I was thinking of was this one about Gambit and Channing Tatum possibly playing him: http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...ble-superhero/ another fun read

EDIT: oh, there's a "spoilery" reference in one of the Fox related "definitions", so read at your own risk. It's in regard to Kelsey Grammer's Beast cameo so don't say I didn't warn you. But it's not a make or break type thing.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )

Last edited by mkilban2; 04-24-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 AM   #257
Hulk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
The bromance between RDJ and Ruffalo in these movies is the greatest thing to ever happen. And to think, four years ago people were *****ing about the latter's casting .

I am happy to say that I called this from the start.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...hlight=ruffalo

You definitely did it. Congratulations, mate.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #258
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Paul Bettany Uses a Cane to Walk Around New York City

http://www.justjared.com/2014/04/23/...new-york-city/

Old 04-24-2014, 06:07 AM   #259
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Anyone gotten their hands on the Empire thing yet? Any photos, news? Scans around? Can't get it in my country and I refuse to buy an IPad just for that.....

Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 AM   #260
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
"Next summer, witness the return of the science bros." Also, I love that RDJ's chair is so much smaller than the others. ATJ and Olsen needs chairs as well, they should really get on that.
They get their chairs at the end of the movie.. cant reveal their loyalties now

Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #261
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Whedon about Ultron:

Quote:
"He's not a creature of logic - he's a robot who's genuinely disturbed. We're finding out what makes him menacing and at the same time endearing and funny and strange and unexpected, and everything a robot never is.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40833

Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #262
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Normally hearing that he will have some humor might be upsetting. But Spader is the PERFECT actor to do menacing/humorous/robotic

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 04-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #263
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Normally hearing that he will have some humor might be upsetting. But Spader is the PERFECT actor to do menacing/humorous/robotic
Why would it be upsetting? Over at Troll Central CBM the freaks are in a frenzy over Joss's comment, as usual. But it's a Whedon film. Even the darkest characters he creates have their humorous moments. Humor has become a negative buzzword where Marvel films are concerned, but they will always have that aspect to them. Fans need to lighten up.

As long as Ultron doesn't have an intern who has an intern who make out while Rome burns, it'll be fine.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:06 AM   #264
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I love the humor in these movies. If I'm not laughing I'm not fully experiencing them. The moments of humor are always fantastic in my opinion, it's never taken me out of the drama/action/plot whatever. But that's just me.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #265
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Theres lots of diff kinds of humor, I doubt Ultron is gonna be a stand up comic. But one of the reasons I love the MCU is the humor thats in there with all the action and drama. Movies are always better when they can run the full gamut of emotions, comedy included. Im really thrilled about Joss' comments. The film sounds awesome as I expected!

Last edited by TheVision; 04-24-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #266
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Kevin Feige...

about Thanos:
Quote:
"There is an actor. I'm not sure we want to announce it yet."
Captain America 3 in 2016:
Quote:
Well, I'm glad people think that way. We had the flag there first. What other people do and where has always been less of our concern. It's about keeping our head down and doing what we would believe would be cool for an audience to see. I wouldn't say that necessarily."
A way of introducing a mytical side to the Marvel Cinematic Universe ahead of the big screen debut of Doctor Strange:
Quote:
I would say that the Age of Miracles, as Strucker says at the end of that tag, could be a part of that, but the key to their origin is in that tag.
"The Twins" in the movie:
Quote:
"They're not very happy with The Avengers. Their powers are not insignificant and they're quite different from what the Avengers have faced before.
Talk then turned to the possibility of Paul Bettany playing The Vision, to which Feige responded only with:
Quote:
"Paul Bettany as The Vision? You're confusing me with your mind games.
Avengers: Age of Ultron will be fathers and sons as J.A.R.V.I.S. is given his own body:
Quote:
"I wouldn't go that far, in terms of it being that direct a theme. Certainly humanity and humanity's place in our world plays a large part of it, but I think Thor's about fathers and sons, more than this. If one were to confirm anything about Paul Bettany and look at the arc and the line of what Paul has done for us, that's pretty unique and cool and exciting and spins right out of stories we've told in the past.
Hulkbuster concept art which made its debut during a Marvel special on ABC. What does it mean for Avengers: Age of Ultron?
Quote:
That little tease was very intentional on our part. We found it a very compelling image to throw out there. The specifics around it we don't have to do for a while. It's a piece of armour we've wanted to see on screen for a long time, let's put it that way. What is the Hulkbuster suit built for?

Last edited by HunBoy; 04-24-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #267
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

^^ Information and really no information at the same time

Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #268
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I like Fiege. He plays the line between teasing and being connected to the fans, while still keeping secrets, very well IMO.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #269
starkresilient
Side-Kick

so what's the most common fan theory about twins not liking avengers?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #270
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Feige is a master of providing information without going into specifics.. he probably trains the actors to do the same

Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #271
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Wonder who is playing Thanos.. probably have to wait till Comiccon

Old 04-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #272
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Hello. Do you have a few moments to discuss my personal relationship with the BDT as Thanos theory?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #273
The Endless
WE are Groot

Seems the twins will have powers naturally then. Or from other source than scientific experimentation.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #274
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Seems the twins will have powers naturally then. Or from other source than scientific experimentation.
I'm hoping that's the case, but the TWS tag makes me think otherwise.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #275
yllum
Side-Kick

yeah that tws tag is a big step in telling us that SW and QS got their power from experiment. Could be that spector?

Closed Thread