The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #26
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Default Re: My Raimi Spider-Man Collection

Thanks! I have it and the Green Goblin poster, but you can only see bits of them in the images.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #27
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Not as big as yours webhead,but just a small sample of mine...

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #28
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Nice! Cool to see you found the three busts of both Spideys and Venom. Real jealous of the Spidey statue in the back. Always wanted it!

Old 05-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #29
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
Yes, you all know how I adore this series. Here is a bulk of what I have collected over the years. Some things are not included. I have a lot not on display. Some posters, figures, tiny trinkets etc.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #30
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I have Spidey 1 and 2 on DVD, a cuddley Raimi Spidey toy and a poster from SM1. I also had the game adaptions of the series but I have no idea where they are.

I know it's not alot but it's actually the most I have of any series specific fandom!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #31
OriginalMiles
Mary had a little lamb

I have all the Raimi movies, the game adaptations, and I managed to save a New Goblin figure and Black Spidey figure.

I used to have this awesome signed poster, but water damage killed it.

SHH20
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #32
Airnick
RTTS

Awesome stuff Webhead!

Leader of the SHH20
Airnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #33
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm seriously interested in:

How do friends or potential love interests react when they see it? In case of women (or men, I don't know which way you swing), do they think it's off putting or unexpectedly cool/interesting?

I've always been kind of curious about this with people who are so open with this kind of thing.

I've only talked to one woman friend about me being a Spider-Man fan and she was too (I never mentioned the comics though), which was all kinds of awesome. We ended up talking about the films and stuff. Most of my close male friends know I'm a Spider-Man fan and they're cool about it even though I feel they think it's a bit childish.

A few times (only few though) I've noticed people unexpectedly being Spider-Man fans at a general level (films, don't know if they're also fans of the comics). I guess I'm one people wouldn't expect as well because I don't show any signs of it.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #34
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post

How do friends or potential love interests react when they see it? In case of women (or men, I don't know which way you swing), do they think it's off putting or unexpectedly cool/interesting?

I've always been kind of curious about this with people who are so open with this kind of thing.

I've only talked to one woman friend about me being a Spider-Man fan and she was too (I never mentioned the comics though), which was all kinds of awesome. We ended up talking about the films and stuff. Most of my close male friends know I'm a Spider-Man fan and they're cool about it even though I feel they think it's a bit childish.

A few times (only few though) I've noticed people unexpectedly being Spider-Man fans at a general level (films, don't know if they're also fans of the comics). I guess I'm one people wouldn't expect as well because I don't show any signs of it.
My mrs grew to accept it. Friends mostly think toys are awesome. I don't buy much anymore, but I am constantly sculpting my own. I intend to sell, but I've not exactly found a market yet lol

Old 05-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #35
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:

No offense taken.
I am 22 (almost 23), just so you know.

I've had quite a handful of friends see my room with this stuff, and no one has said anything bad. Some of them think things are cool, or if I post a picture of a statue/figure on Facebook people who have never seen my room in full will "like" it.
For example, I have posted pictures of my Two-Face and Bane bobbleheads, or pictures of my Predators and Aliens (I have...like 5 Predators and 5 Alien Xenomorphs plus a Facehugger, I am a huge fan of both series) and people will "like" it. One friend of mine came up to me at the mall with his girlfriend and introduced me and proceeded to tell her "this guy has an awesome Batman costume and a great collection of
figures. Where do you get all of them?" etc. I know he isn't into collecting himself, but I know he likes some of the comic book movies (notably Dark Knight).

I don't go posting my whole collection on Facebook (just small parts at a time) because I don't want to come off as someone who, you know, has no life. Not saying those people have no lives, but people I feel like will just perceive you that way if that is all you are putting up. Or maybe you're anti-social.

As for love interests, can't say I have had any real girlfriends. My area has quite a trashy selection, most people are getting married and pregnant at like 18-20 and we have a lot of trashy neighborhoods as well. The good ones we do have are usually taken, or have not been into me like that. I'm working on that front. I have a lot of female friends and a lot of guy friends, I am very social as well. One of my female friends told me that maybe my sarcasm comes off as being an ***hole and I have an intense "judging" look and stare lol. Whatever that means.

But look, the way I see it is this. When I was in junior high and high school I did question this aspect of myself. I asked "why would someone want to date me when I collect ****ing Spider-Man/Hulk/Batman/comic/Freddy Krueger and stuff?" I did feel a bit like I would be a loser in that area, especially when I grew older. But as I grew up I realized there really isn't anything bad about it unless you are going into debt because of it. Like, look at it! It's so innocent. I feel like most women and people would realize I am fun, and quite harmless in terms of physically or mentally, seriously damaging them. Like, I'm collecting superhero and movie stuff, literally hurting nobody. It shows a playful, fun side to somebody. I mean, I don't play with these things. I display them. Like art! Right? That is basically what these are to me. Decoration. It adds an element of liveliness and personality to the room. What is so different from this than a coin collection, a baseball card collection, or a toy race car collection? I think maybe if I was collecting, I don't know, fingers or hair from my "victims" that would be very alarming, no? But action figures? Statues? Please. The way I see it, if your man has a job he loves (or is searching, economy is tough), is nice, likes or loves you, is responsible, and meets a lot of your "requirements," yet collects action figures, you have it REALLY damn good. I mean, if I met a girl who collected Twilight stuff I wouldn't dump her aside because of that alone. Some girls collect stuffed animals, or shoes, or Barbie, or post cards, or bracelets.

If I met a girl, and it was all great, and she saw this and decided "nevermind", would I be hurt? Absolutely. But at the same time she probably doesn't deserve me anyway. What a petty thing to dump someone for.

Bottom line, it's a hobby, I am social, I work really hard, I have a job I like, I have a lot of friends, I am damn funny, a good friend, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't go out and have sex for ****s and giggles with people I just met.

I am awesome.

Last edited by webhead731; 05-16-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #36
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
My mrs grew to accept it. Friends mostly think toys are awesome. I don't buy much anymore, but I am constantly sculpting my own. I intend to sell, but I've not exactly found a market yet lol
Hey, it would be cool to see your sculptures! And thanks for the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
No offense taken.
I am 22 (almost 23), just so you know.

I've had quite a handful of friends see my room with this stuff, and no one has said anything bad. Some of them think things are cool, or if I post a picture of a statue/figure on Facebook people who have never seen my room in full will "like" it.
For example, I have posted pictures of my Two-Face and Bane bobbleheads, or pictures of my Predators and Aliens (I have...like 5 Predators and 5 Alien Xenomorphs plus a Facehugger, I am a huge fan of both series) and people will "like" it. One friend of mine came up to me at the mall with his girlfriend and introduced me and proceeded to tell her "this guy has an awesome Batman costume and a great collection of
figures. Where do you get all of them?" etc. I know he isn't into collecting himself, but I know he likes some of the comic book movies (notably Dark Knight).

I don't go posting my whole collection on Facebook (just small parts at a time) because I don't want to come off as someone who, you know, has no life. Not saying those people have no lives, but people I feel like will just perceive you that way if that is all you are putting up. Or maybe you're anti-social.

As for love interests, can't say I have had any real girlfriends. My area has quite a trashy selection, most people are getting married and pregnant at like 18-20 and we have a lot of trashy neighborhoods as well. The good ones we do have are usually taken, or have not been into me like that. I'm working on that front. I have a lot of female friends and a lot of guy friends, I am very social as well. One of my female friends told me that maybe my sarcasm comes off as being an ***hole and I have an intense "judging" look and stare lol. Whatever that means.

But look, the way I see it is this. When I was in junior high and high school I did question this aspect of myself. I asked "why would someone want to date me when I collect ****ing Spider-Man/Hulk/Batman/comic/Freddy Krueger and stuff?" I did feel a bit like I would be a loser in that area, especially when I grew older. But as I grew up I realized there really isn't anything bad about it unless you are going into debt because of it. Like, look at it! It's so innocent. I feel like most women and people would realize I am fun, and quite harmless in terms of physically or mentally, seriously damaging them. Like, I'm collecting superhero and movie stuff, literally hurting nobody. It shows a playful, fun side to somebody. I mean, I don't play with these things. I display them. Like art! Right? That is basically what these are to me. Decoration. It adds an element of liveliness and personality to the room. What is so different from this than a coin collection, a baseball card collection, or a toy race car collection? I think maybe if I was collecting, I don't know, fingers or hair from my "victims" that would be very alarming, no? But action figures? Statues? Please. The way I see it, if your man has a job he loves (or is searching, economy is tough), is nice, likes or loves you, is responsible, and meets a lot of your "requirements," yet collects action figures, you have it REALLY damn good. I mean, if I met a girl who collected Twilight stuff I wouldn't dump her aside because of that alone. Some girls collect stuffed animals, or shoes, or Barbie, or post cards, or bracelets.

If I met a girl, and it was all great, and she saw this and decided "nevermind", would I be hurt? Absolutely. But at the same time she probably doesn't deserve me anyway. What a petty thing to dump someone for.

Bottom line, it's a hobby, I am social, I work really hard, I have a job I like, I have a lot of friends, I am damn funny, a good friend, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't go out and have sex for ****s and giggles with people I just met.

I am awesome.
First of all, it's awesome how open you are in this post, I thank you for that!

It's the feeling of being stigmatized as a "no life" or "anti-social" I'd fear as well if being open to being a comic book fan. At the same time however, I don't feel that I have to be open to it much anyway. But it's like I'm not sure whether or not it's "socially accepted" to even talk about the films you know, because Spider-Man isn't seen to be as "mature" as Batman these days you know.

About love life, seems like exactly my situation when I lived in a small town. The very few good girls were always in a relationship already.

About the last half of your post (the whole post, actually), you're absolutely spot on! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Thank you for answering the question! As I said, I've always been curious about how others view things like being a comic book fan, that maybe it's not as socially unaccepted as one would believe? You rock man!

And that's a great collection by the way! Venom looks better there than in the film itself haha!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #37
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:

First of all, it's awesome how open you are in this post, I thank you for that!

It's the feeling of being stigmatized as a "no life" or "anti-social" I'd fear as well if being open to being a comic book fan. At the same time however, I don't feel that I have to be open to it much anyway. But it's like I'm not sure whether or not it's "socially accepted" to even talk about the films you know, because Spider-Man isn't seen to be as "mature" as Batman these days you know.

About love life, seems like exactly my situation when I lived in a small town. The very few good girls were always in a relationship already.

About the last half of your post (the whole post, actually), you're absolutely spot on! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Thank you for answering the question! As I said, I've always been curious about how others view things like being a comic book fan, that maybe it's not as socially unaccepted as one would believe? You rock man!

And that's a great collection by the way! Venom looks better there than in the film itself haha!
Well thank you!

Like I said, it hurts no one, it's fun and artsy so I don't think there should be issues. But, some people will probably be harsh on it.

If so, do what I do and find out what they like and it will probably be worse and you can grill them on that.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #38
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

I think it looks awesome webhead, everybody loves spidey!

I think I had some of that stuff, but it's long gone now

BRAB's Quote(s) of the Week:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Ock View Post
Knight, sometimes you should read the stuff you actually write. It doesnt make sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
Makes sense to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Ock View Post
At least it makes sense to somebody.
BRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #39
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I'm 38 now and to be honest,I do get the feeling that collecting all this Spider-man stuff(and my interest in Spidey/Venom)does put off alot of people,esp. women. I think some may view it as "childish." But I really don't care. I love this stuff and I'm not gonna stop loving it. From Spidey to Venom to other interests like Godzilla...and especially horror and Freddy Krueger. Actually being into Freddy and horror is more of a problem,esp. for most women. If you like that kinda stuff then I think most take the view that something's wrong with you or that you're some kind of serial killer or something.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #40
webhead731
I'm a photographer

I get told I look like Dexter Morgan a lot so that doesn't help my serial killer image.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #41
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
No problem. I do stylised figures from film and tv. Here's my Maguire Spider-Man:

There's a bunch of other characters on my fb if you wanna check them out: https://www.facebook.com/HenrysToyBox

Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #42
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Hah that's really cool! Awesome work there! Somehow, he big feet really makes it stand out in a positive way

Old 05-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #43
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Unless it's a Kraven The Hunter poster/ figure, you'll get cockblocked by your own fandom!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote